PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol lists Spurs as a possible location this offseason

TheGreatYacht
05-09-2014, 12:54 AM
AlexKennedyNBA: In an interview with http://t.co/K3B8ybZMdR, Pau Gasol mentioned the Lakers, Grizzlies, Bulls, Spurs as options he'll consider this summer.

BillMc
05-09-2014, 12:55 AM
He'd be a nice addition, but not for the money he'll want.

HI-FI
05-09-2014, 12:57 AM
do it Mitch :hungry:.

Spurs would be a shock to him after LA fans been throwing him under the bus.
Most likely destination is Memphis, though I don't know their cap situation.

ElNono
05-09-2014, 12:58 AM
leverage talk

100%duncan
05-09-2014, 12:58 AM
Would only get him IF Spurs manages to get the 5th. Other than that it's really questionable since you should get Gasol to make a run than build on him.

KaiRMD1
05-09-2014, 01:05 AM
I could see him going to Memphis to play alongside his brother. Why not?

Chinook
05-09-2014, 01:07 AM
Would only want the team to consider him if Duncan retired.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-09-2014, 01:07 AM
Who would we let go for him? I guess if Duncan retires then maybe, but no way he'd replace Duncan or Splitter. Maybe Diaw?

in2deep
05-09-2014, 01:09 AM
Would only get him IF Spurs manages to get the 5th. Other than that it's really questionable since you should get Gasol to make a run than build on him.

Malik Hairston
05-09-2014, 01:10 AM
He doesn't fit with the Spurs, at all, tbh..

Memphis makes the most sense from a basketball standpoint.. Chicago, as well..

chazley
05-09-2014, 01:12 AM
Bad fit for Spurs. Thunder need him badly, and he'd be a great fit with Bulls as well.

DMC
05-09-2014, 01:13 AM
Next year it's possible that we'll need a starting PF.

Baam
05-09-2014, 01:14 AM
He's not a PF he's a center who needs the low post for himself and who cant defend most PFs...

Texas_Ranger
05-09-2014, 01:17 AM
a lot of guy will be mentioned and on the end of the day no one will come. Can't wait for another Kirilenko type thread.

Mnky
05-09-2014, 01:18 AM
We don't have a 4th big. We have Duncan, Splitter, and Diaw. Baynes is up and down and ayers..well is ayers. Getting Gasol would be great for this team. He's tougher than splitter and Diaw on the defensive end and can match either offensively. Why wouldn't you want him is the question..

Malik Hairston
05-09-2014, 01:19 AM
We don't have a 4th big. We have Duncan, Splitter, and Diaw. Baynes is up and down and ayers..well is ayers. Getting Gasol would be great for this team. He's tougher than splitter and Diaw on the defensive end and can match either offensively. Why wouldn't you want him is the question..
:lmao, what?..

Johnny RIngo
05-09-2014, 01:20 AM
leverage talk

Basically. Spurs won't be willing to give him the kind of money he's asking for either. Not to mention, SA is probably the worst fit of all the teams mentioned.

Chinook
05-09-2014, 01:21 AM
He's not a PF he's a center who needs the low post for himself and who cant defend most PFs...

Essentially Duncan. That's why he'd only be an option if Tim retires. Pau could come in an pretty much play the same role with Splitter doing his usual cross-matches and Diaw backing them up. Pau's not the shot-blocker Tim is, but he's a more diverse offensive player, so hopefully, it'd even out somewhat.

RD2191
05-09-2014, 01:21 AM

Pau not Marc. Pass the joint. Tbh.

RD2191
05-09-2014, 01:22 AM

Rofl, homie must be on some good shit.

05-09-2014, 01:24 AM

Mnky
05-09-2014, 01:25 AM

Yea, I was in the same mind set until I watched him push Duncan around the last game they played. Didn't take his defense seriously...ya know..after the whole..Griffin impregnating him thing. Then.. I started to check the tape instead of the highlights. He constaly switches to help defense with an actual contest(diaw).. He doesn't let pgs post him up(Splitter Im looking at you)... He is a system player.. likes his points off the system, instead of creating. Just seems like a good fit. Wouldn't be the savior like Richard Jefferson was for us.. but .. it's a good fit. Leonard is our best shot blocker outside of Tim. He could help with that.

RD2191
05-09-2014, 01:27 AM
Mnky, Pau Gasol not his brother Marc Gasol. Are you okay?

Mnky
05-09-2014, 01:31 AM
Did you know Dirk and Paul Gasol have the same career defensive rating? Food for thought. tbh.

Chinook
05-09-2014, 01:35 AM
Yea, I was in the same mind set until I watched him push Duncan around the last game they played. Didn't take his defense seriously...ya know..after the whole..Griffin impregnating him thing. Then.. I started to check the tape instead of the highlights. He constaly switches to help defense with an actual contest(diaw).. He doesn't let pgs post him up(Splitter Im looking at you)... He is a system player.. likes his points off the system, instead of creating. Just seems like a good fit. Wouldn't be the savior like Richard Jefferson was for us.. but .. it's a good fit. Leonard is our best shot blocker outside of Tim. He could help with that.

Lol. Too much wrong with your post. Essentially, Leonard's not the second-best shot-blocker on the team and Gasol is not a good PnR defender at all. He's still a smart player and can get in appropriate position. But he just doesn't have the foot-speed anymore. He's Duncan on defense without the shot-blocking.

DMC
05-09-2014, 01:39 AM
Did you know Dirk and Paul Gasol have the same career defensive rating? Food for thought. tbh.

Do you know my grandson who's 3 and me have the same driving record?

Mnky
05-09-2014, 01:40 AM
"As for the Spurs, Pau talks about how San Antonio would be a very good option based on how great the team roster looks led by Greg Popovich as the head coach."

He's willing to take a pay cut to play with a team he respects. Mentioned he would like an offer from LA, but it'd have to be a nice one.

Give the guy a chance. 18 Rebounds game 7 of the Finals. Counts for something. Not his fault he looks like an ostrich.

Mnky
05-09-2014, 01:43 AM
Leonard's not the second-best shot-blocker on the team and Gasol is not a good PnR defender at all.

Danny Green would prally be 2 behind Tim Duncan on blocks Tbh.. but I'm sure Leonard is 3. And yea..Gasol is horrible PnR defender. Tru dat.

Sean Cagney
05-09-2014, 01:44 AM
leverage talk

As usual, like clockwork.

ElNono
05-09-2014, 01:46 AM
I'm on the record I would take him if he takes a solid discount... it's not about his offense really, it's about having a solid rebounder and length on the second unit when playing small isn't advantageous... dude has experience, and I feel he still has game in him...

wildchild
05-09-2014, 01:52 AM
I'm on the record I would take him if he takes a solid discount... it's not about his offense really, it's about having a solid rebounder and length on the second unit when playing small isn't advantageous... dude has experience, and I feel he still has game in him...

But you think that he could accept that role on the 2nd unit? He isn't Manu.

Mnky
05-09-2014, 01:57 AM
I think he would for a ring and the right amount. He lists the Grizzlies and Lakers as teams he would like because of his previous relationship with both. He lists the spurs and bulls for being contenders. Bulls, expecting Derrick rose back, big free agent aquisition and the signing of one of Gasols friends from Spain. Spurs are the only place he mentioned that he has no ties too. He wants to win still. If the spurs think he can fit the scheme, and can talk him into the right price, I think there's a pretty good chance he's a spur next year.

Spursfanfromafar
05-09-2014, 01:59 AM
If Boris doesn't stay, Pau is a given (provided he takes a pay cut). If the Spurs can manufacture a trade of Daye, Ayres, Joseph for a decent defensive PG, they could even consider Gasol as a Bonner replacement.

HI-FI
05-09-2014, 02:03 AM
interesting that he doesn't consider OKC though....

weeks
Who would we let go for him? I guess if Duncan retires then maybe, but no way he'd replace Duncan or Splitter. Maybe Diaw?
fuck that, no way do we give up diaw

ElNono
But you think that he could accept that role on the 2nd unit? He isn't Manu.

Well, I don't know what he's thinking. But the Spurs are likely to drop Bonner, and Diaw might ask for too much money, you just don't know. Potentially, there might be plenty of minutes for a solid big. (obviously, this is all dependent on TD coming back and not blowing up the team).

The thing is, his stock is kinda low right now, and the Spurs could offer a one year flier to make him look good. I can't think the Spurs offering more than a year or two.

On the other hand, this is probably his last shot at a overpaid contract, so there's that too.

superbigtime
05-09-2014, 02:38 AM

Totally agree. Diaw is HUGE for this team.

wildchild
05-09-2014, 02:41 AM
On the other hand, this is probably his last shot at a overpaid contract, so there's that too.
That's another issue worth considering.

Just for the record, when I said "He isn't Manu" it mean, Manu doesn't have an overblown ego like other NBA stars and he's willing to take a deferential role on the second unit. Pau doesn't seem to be an egoless guy, a type of team-first player.

PÒÓCH
05-09-2014, 02:48 AM
He should go to Brooklyn alongside the other mummified cadavers, market it as the Geritol/Icy Hot world tour.

KL2
05-09-2014, 02:53 AM
Ehhhh idk, Gasol could easily revive his career here, could be a HUGE pickup. This guy was once a legit franchise player not too long ago.

Solid rebounding, stretch the floor with his jump shooting ability, and a solid post player.

With Boris we do lose our 2nd best LBJ defender though, however Gasol could easily rape MIA's front court, they can't hid their guards on him like they did Splitter.

KL2
05-09-2014, 02:53 AM
Ehhhh idk, Gasol could easily revive his career here, could be a HUGE pickup. This guy was once a legit franchise player not too long ago.

Solid rebounding, stretch the floor with his jump shooting ability, and a solid post player.

With Boris we do lose our 2nd best LBJ defender though, however Gasol could easily rape MIA's front court, they can't hide their guards on him like they did Splitter.

siraulo23
05-09-2014, 03:05 AM
it means he's not going to play for the spurs tbh

Kidd K
05-09-2014, 03:23 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Pau on the Grizzlies, Spurs, or Bulls. He probably isn't going to get much cash in any of those locations though, and he also probably needs to dial back his playing time expectations if he plays with those teams too. I mean, Thibedope benches Boozer in the 4th almost every time even when the Bulls offense is struggling badly. He would do the same with Pau. In SA, he isn't getting Duncan's minutes (obviously), and probably won't take any of Diaw's. With Splitter playing so well now, Pau wouldn't be in over him either half the time. I only really see around 22-24 minutes a game during the season for him. Is he going to be satisfied with that?

BillMc
05-09-2014, 03:27 AM

Amen.

dg7md
05-09-2014, 04:38 AM
If he wants a good chance at a ring, he'll come here.

will_spurs
05-09-2014, 05:17 AM
I'd sign him for 5 millions a year :lol

05-09-2014, 05:36 AM
Just like Greg Oden and Danny Granger, he'll mention the Spurs as a possible destination only to land with a more high profile team that plays in a larger market.

Nero5
05-09-2014, 06:32 AM
he would be dead weight for the cash he would cost.

Mal
05-09-2014, 06:46 AM
I`d sign him for MLE

superbigtime
05-09-2014, 06:48 AM
If Spurs keep Boris, then adding Gasol along with Tim, Tiago, and Baynes would be pretty awesome. Bonner can hang em up. Ayres isn't an awful player, not as bad as he is ragged on here, but he is definitely overpaid. Gasol would be great but he would have to be content with lesser role and less $ in South Texas. So seems doubtful.

Boomersgold
05-09-2014, 06:50 AM

Or if he signs for the minimum?

Danny.Zhu
05-09-2014, 06:52 AM
I think Paul would definately fit the team.

With Pau as the 3rd big, Diaw could play more SF.

PingPong
05-09-2014, 06:53 AM
Too Young for the Spurs.

:D

Fireball
05-09-2014, 07:27 AM
I'm on the record I would take him if he takes a solid discount... it's not about his offense really, it's about having a solid rebounder and length on the second unit when playing small isn't advantageous... dude has experience, and I feel he still has game in him... and his passing is easily as good as his brother's ... on a team like the Spurs his passing game could flourish again ...

urunobili
05-09-2014, 09:02 AM
He's going to Memphis. His brother lives in his house there... no brainer...

elemento
05-09-2014, 09:08 AM
They always list the Spurs, but never play in SA. Not coming :lol

DPG21920
05-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Pau showed, in flashes, that even on a garbage team he can still put up some serious numbers. He just hated LA and situation so he didn't go all out every game. If he's willing to take stupid money for a chance to be happy win (:lol ya right) then you absolutely sign him and figure out what to do with him.

He's not a natural fit at all (assuming Spurs look next year as they do this year personnel wise), but if he's willing to take below average money, you have to add a piece like that. Just highly doubtful for many reasons. Everyone just mentions the Spurs.

3 Legged Dog
05-09-2014, 09:41 AM

None of the teams he mentioned will be able to offer him more than the MLE. Well, I guess he could stay in LA and continue to earn 10 + million per year. But in Chi, Mem, Mia or SA he makes the MLE and no more.

PingPong
05-09-2014, 10:02 AM
The main reason for Gasoft leaving L.A. is gone: Mr Pringles resigned. He wants a good contract, that's why this gossip.

sexinthatsx
05-09-2014, 12:06 PM
With the amount of money Spurs would have to throw at Pau Gasol, I'd rather have Tyson Chandler tbh...

Man In Black
05-09-2014, 12:26 PM
I actually think he would work pretty well here, provided he was willing to play for the San Antonio discount. Last season obviously wasn't his best season, but hell...that team was nothing but DLeague All-Stars and Gasol.
He's got a great feel for the game, if he was here, he wouldn't have to burden himself with all that is EL LAY. He could just be a definitive cog in the system. Him and Tim can extend their careers another couple of season and who knows what can happen. But yeah...it needs to be for a discount for sure.

Chinook
05-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Pau showed, in flashes, that even on a garbage team he can still put up some serious numbers. He just hated LA and situation so he didn't go all out every game. If he's willing to take stupid money for a chance to be happy win (:lol ya right) then you absolutely sign him and figure out what to do with him.

He's not a natural fit at all (assuming Spurs look next year as they do this year personnel wise), but if he's willing to take below average money, you have to add a piece like that. Just highly doubtful for many reasons. Everyone just mentions the Spurs.

Or if he signs for the minimum?

I'm still not a fan. That's the kind of thinking that led the Spurs to sign Beli instead of a small-forward. It doesn't matter if it's a good deal. This isn't football. When you have only 15 roster spots, everyone needs to compliment each other. Gasol would be a third center, but he'd likely start next to Duncan. That would make the defense abysmal while the offense could probably stagnate as well. He's fine in a theoretical fourth-big role (though still not idea), but in reality, he'd just take time from players like Splitter who need to play.

With the amount of money Spurs would have to throw at Pau Gasol, I'd rather have Tyson Chandler tbh...

Chandler isn't a free-agent. I'd probably go for a young big like Ed Davis or Patrick Patterson.

Seventyniner
05-09-2014, 12:58 PM
I agree that he would be a good Duncan replacement, but he's too similar to Duncan (poor PnR defense especially) to share the floor with him. Too bad Pau didn't have one more year on his deal; if Duncan decides to retire after next season it would line up just right.

cd021
05-09-2014, 01:11 PM

Memphis has no cap space. $68 million committed to 12 players with Koufous, Udrih, Johnson Miller & Davis all UFAs. The cap is probably going to be $63 million.

It would be pretty cool to have him finish his career in Memphis with his brother. He'd be an excellent fit off the bench but would have to take the vet minimum.

kaji157
05-09-2014, 01:15 PM
If this guy takes a big paycut to play for us and is willing to come off the bench denying him to come here would be idiotic.

Imagine a second unit of Mills-Belinelli-Ginobili-Diaw-Gasol. They would allow a lot of points but offensivelly not a single second unit could keep up with them.

Plus it may also allow one more year of Duncan and Ginobili given that they could share a lot of their offense with Pau, same for Tony.

Beaverfuzz
05-09-2014, 01:18 PM
highest paid ball boy ever.

lefty
05-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Leverage talk

Killakobe81
05-09-2014, 01:33 PM

I was wondering the same if the Spurs bring back their rotation. He cant be paired with Duncan/Splitter because the rotations would be slooooow.
He cannot be paired with Diaw for too long although the passing would be amazing, but that is a soooooft front line.
Pau pre-2011 would of been amazing.

Chinook
05-09-2014, 01:42 PM
I was wondering the same if the Spurs bring back their rotation. He cant be paired with Duncan/Splitter because the rotations would be slooooow.
He cannot be paired with Diaw for too long although the passing would be amazing, but that is a soooooft front line.
Pau pre-2011 would of been amazing.

He'd be fine with Splitter, who's not even remotely a plodder. But Pau/Duncan wouldn't work at all, I agree. The second-unit is already a sieve defensively, so what harm does adding another do? (We're talking about taking Ayres' spot here.) but I don't think Pau would or should go to San Antonio to be the fourth big. I already think coming off the bench may be too much for him to handle when he can still start on about half the teams in the league.

Mugen
05-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Not sure how he'd fit here considering how poorly he played after Shannon Brown banged his fiancee tbh.

Killakobe81
05-09-2014, 01:45 PM
He'd be fine with Splitter, who's not even remotely a plodder. But Pau/Duncan wouldn't work at all, I agree. The second-unit is already a sieve defensively, so what harm does adding another do? (We're talking about taking Ayres' spot here.) but I don't think Pau would or should go to San Antonio to be the fourth big. I already think coming off the bench may be too much for him to handle when he can still start on about half the teams in the league.

Tiago has pretty good feet, Chinook. But if you play those two versus the Heat/OKC/ROx/LAC or even Warriors that could potentially be trouble.
Pau is a plodder at this stage so Tiago would have to help on the perimeter guys AND Pau's guy ...that is asking a lot.

Chinook
05-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Tiago has pretty good feet, Chinook. But if you play those two versus the Heat/OKC/ROx/LAC or even Warriors that could potentially
Pau is a plodder at this stage so Tiago would have to help on the perimeter guys AND Pau's guy ...that is asking a lot.

That's already what they have to do with Duncan. I don't know if most people realize how bad Tim's mobility is nowadays. It's to the point where he often doesn't even try anymore and just concedes everything out of the paint. Essentially, Pau would play the same role that Duncan does: PF on offense, C on defense. The only difference is that whereas Duncan will start until retires, I don't think Pop would hesitate to bench Gasol in favor of Splitter if the Spurs played perimeter-oriented teams.

Chinook
05-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Not sure how he'd fit here considering how poorly he played after Shannon Brown banged his fiancee tbh.

We can scratch the Knicks of Gasol's list then.

05-09-2014, 02:11 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Gasol will have to take a severely diminished role along with a giant pay cut. The Spurs will certainly want to re-sign Diaw and Diaw will be looking for a raise. Gasol will be a big off the bench who gets 15-20 minutes. He is a good fit off the bench though. Gives the Spurs a post presence and his passing has always been above average.

Malik Hairston
05-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Gasol would be a fine signing for any team if he accepts that he no longer should be a starter, with the exception being if he joins the Bulls or replaces Randolph..maybe replacing Perkins, too..

Pau as a starter for a team with title aspirations doesn't really make sense anymore IMO..he's extremely slow, and you would have to mask him with defenders..also, unlike Nowitzki, his offense is no longer good enough to negate the negative side of his game IMO, unless he joins a team with severe offensive deficiencies and desperate for offensive talent(Chicago, Memphis)..

Gasol as a 3rd big/6th man would be a huge addition for any team, but I'm not sure he's at the point of accepting reality of his age/ability..he already has 2 rings, too, so it's not a given that he'll be willing to sacrifice just for the sake of winning..

Texas_Ranger
05-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Pau will want at least a 2 year 20M deal. The Spurs can't even give him 5, cause after they sign Patty and Boris nothing will be left to spend. Aslo why would you sign him and then bench Splitter who is getting almost 10M. Only the Rockets are that stupid.

RobbyH
05-09-2014, 02:41 PM
he will be timmy d's replacement after the cuck retires this year

Robz4000
05-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Ya I'd prolly only take him if Duncan retires after this season.

Dex
05-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Until I see Pau holding up a jersey, I won't believe this is anymore than free agency posturing.

ohmwrecker
05-09-2014, 04:39 PM
I don't know if Gasol can recover psychologically from his experience with the Lakers. Playing with Kobe and being coached D'antoni has taken it's toll on his mental health. He is still talented, but he seems like a shell of an athlete just going through the motions because it's all he knows how to do.

Budkin
05-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Would love MVPau on the Spurs.

pgardn
05-09-2014, 08:33 PM
I don't know if Gasol can recover psychologically from his experience with the Lakers. Playing with Kobe and being coached D'antoni has taken it's toll on his mental health. He is still talented, but he seems like a shell of an athlete just going through the motions because it's all he knows how to do.

This.

I would take him discounted because he could be made to fit.
Does he really want more Kobe?
Can Pop mentally resurrect a guy with length and smarts?

And what does he really want... Bucks and finish out his career with minor scrutiny I would think.
Does he really want a chance at a ring, that won't be in LA. Heavy press scrutiny, not in LA.

Boomersgold
05-09-2014, 10:19 PM

Let's be honest here. Pau is basically Tim, but with less defense, and more offensive versatility.

HI-FI
05-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Memphis has no cap space. $68 million committed to 12 players with Koufous, Udrih, Johnson Miller & Davis all UFAs. The cap is probably going to be $63 million.

It would be pretty cool to have him finish his career in Memphis with his brother. He'd be an excellent fit off the bench but would have to take the vet minimum.
:tu
sounds like Memphis is less of an option than I perceived. I'm sure he is considering SA, but as others said, it could be leverage. If he wants to win he needs to get out of LA.

interesting though that he didn't say anything about OKC. I think he could be huge for them.

Mikeanaro
05-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Let's be honest here. Pau is basically Tim, but with less defense, and more offensive versatility.
Tim who? Hardaway?

phyzik
05-09-2014, 11:45 PM
Every year some big name FA names the Spurs as a possible destination.... It is a scare tactic to bump up their value, it is pretty much a given that a FA will name the Spurs as a possible destination these days... that is all... They will NEVER come to S.A.... Get over this shit already.... We are not getting Pau.

noles1983
05-09-2014, 11:58 PM
They always list the Spurs, but never play in SA. Not coming :lol

this

aal04
05-10-2014, 02:12 AM
To all the people talking about Duncans retirement. FU!

Thebesteva
05-10-2014, 03:05 AM

Really appreciate what he did for us from 08-10. He really deserves to have his jersey retired only for those few years here. However, he completely dissapeared after 2010. You can sit here and blame a billion things as to why he dissapeared, but the guy was NON existent past 2010.

HI-FI
05-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Really appreciate what he did for us from 08-10. He really deserves to have his jersey retired only for those few years here. However, he completely dissapeared after 2010. You can sit here and blame a billion things as to why he dissapeared, but the guy was NON existent past 2010.
I always felt that MVPau would be more appreciated in SA. We just give Laker fans shit because many are pricks towards him, yet he's the primary reason so many Laker fans joined this site. None of them came when it was purely Kobe's team. But in terms of a free agent making an immediate impact, hard to deny what Pau did for the Lakers. Not sure what happened to him there, I heard it was the SHannon Brown thing, or that he cheated on his fiance and Kobe snitched on him (per par), so that led to him disappearing in 2011 and not being the same since then.

If he stays in LA, then I'd say it's ultimately about money and he's just lot his competitive edge, but if he takes off, it will be interesting if he sheds light on how he truly feels.

Thebesteva
05-10-2014, 03:55 AM
I always felt that MVPau would be more appreciated in SA. We just give Laker fans shit because many are pricks towards him, yet he's the primary reason so many Laker fans joined this site. None of them came when it was purely Kobe's team. But in terms of a free agent making an immediate impact, hard to deny what Pau did for the Lakers. Not sure what happened to him there, I heard it was the SHannon Brown thing, or that he cheated on his fiance and Kobe snitched on him (per par), so that led to him disappearing in 2011 and not being the same since then.

If he stays in LA, then I'd say it's ultimately about money and he's just lot his competitive edge, but if he takes off, it will be interesting if he sheds light on how he truly feels.

I heard it was that Kobe's wife got involved on him cheating and ratted him out because she was friends with his fiance. It was OBVIOUS the guy was going through a bad break up during the 2011 playoffs, he seemed completely mentally clocked out. It didnt matter, that team was running on fumes and the run was clearly over anyway, but Pau has left the Lakers since that 2010 ceremony.

BillMc
05-10-2014, 05:09 AM
If this guy takes a big paycut to play for us and is willing to come off the bench denying him to come here would be idiotic.

Imagine a second unit of Mills-Belinelli-Ginobili-Diaw-Gasol. They would allow a lot of points but offensivelly not a single second unit could keep up with them.

Plus it may also allow one more year of Duncan and Ginobili given that they could share a lot of their offense with Pau, same for Tony.

Yes, the play-making ability on that bench would be awesome down the line. In fact, the point guard, Patty would probably be the worst playmaker among them. How often does that happen? But that's okay, because Patty can score. And what passing....

But, yeah, they'd suck on D.

AFBlue
05-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Obviously there are questions with how much he'd cost and how he fits with the current roster, but he's just such a skilled and intelligent big. If the Spurs can afford him, it'd be hard to not get excited about it.

But right now, I am only thinking about 5 tbqh.

EVAY
05-10-2014, 10:22 AM
leverage talk

Bingo. S.A. is the favorite fake destination for folks trying to improve their salary negotiations.

xmas1997
05-10-2014, 10:37 AM
First, I would rather have his brother Marc.
Second, I think TD will play a few more years, no reason why he shouldn't, no back problems like David had, and is still very productive and loves the game.

Sigz
05-10-2014, 10:39 AM
He's old and done.

Capster
05-10-2014, 11:04 AM

Duncan IS NOT retiring!!! Why would he???
http://lifefromthenosebleeds.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/tim-duncan-deal-with-it.jpg

moisaenz
05-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Pau is going back to the franchise that drafted him and join his brother. end of story..

GrandeDavid
05-10-2014, 08:51 PM

Doesn't matter how much he wants as long as it works under the cap. Spurs should do almost whatever to get him at this stage of Tim's career.

TheGreatYacht
06-27-2014, 11:34 AM
ZBo just signed a 2yr extension with Memphis... If Pau would be okay with taking a paycut, why wouldn't he come here and be a starter?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-27-2014, 11:34 AM
ZBo just signed a 2yr extension with Memphis... If Pau would be okay with taking a paycut, why wouldn't he come here and be a starter?

He wouldn't be a starter and he would kill our defense. Splitter > Pau starting..