PDA

View Full Version : Coach Nick's Postgame Show After Game 2 of Portland Series

BillMc
05-09-2014, 06:50 AM
If you're willing to sit through it for 45 minutes or so, Coach Nick makes some interesting points about the Spurs offense, especially the elevator plays,

He also predicts the Spurs in 5 at most over Portland, thinks we'll beat OKC and Miami. He postulates that Parker was hurt more than we know both against OKC in 2012 and Miami in last year's finals, and believes we'd have won both series if these injuries didn't occur. He also says Leonard is on the road to being the next Scottie Pippen.

Of course, he also thinks Tiago is from Argentina, so take it all with a grain of salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHlCrQ5h4-w

SupremeGuy
05-09-2014, 07:15 AM
Brazil, Argentina, does anyone really give a fuck? It's South America. Basically the Africa of the West, tbh.

Brasileiro
05-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Brazil, Argentina, does anyone really give a fuck? It's South America. Basically the Africa of the West, tbh.

I agree with the supremewhite guy over here

But no

Prime Time
05-09-2014, 07:36 AM
The whole international thing gets confusing for non-Spurs fans. Argentina, Brazil, France, Italy, Australia, Canada, Virgin Islands, whatever - they're all 'American'ts.'

Brazil
05-09-2014, 08:08 AM

there are a lot people who give a fuck, you racist piece of shit

EVAY
05-09-2014, 08:10 AM
there are a lot people who give a fuck, you racist piece of shit

Ethnocentrism is taken to a very high level in America in general and Texas in particular.

SupremeGuy
05-09-2014, 08:31 AM
lol lots of butthurt south americans up in here

Other than cocaine and coffee, does south america even produce anything useful?

Prime Time
05-09-2014, 08:34 AM
lol lots of butthurt south americans up in here

Other than cocaine and coffee, does south america even produce anything useful?
Ginobili and Splitter, apparently.

SupremeGuy
05-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Ginobili and Splitter, apparently.Touche. :lol

SupremeGuy
05-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Ethnocentrism is taken to a very high level in America in general and Texas in particular.You're kidding yourself if you don't think it's the same all over the World, tbh. At least we're not going around committing genocide and shit. They take Ethnocentrism to another level in Africa.

ForeignFan
05-09-2014, 09:44 AM
You're kidding yourself if you don't think it's the same all over the World, tbh. At least we're not going around committing genocide and shit. They take Ethnocentrism to another level in Africa.

That is true - not since the Native Americans quasi-genocide anyway

Boomersgold
05-09-2014, 10:08 AM
Love that elevator play!

diego
05-09-2014, 10:18 AM
That is true - not since the Native Americans quasi-genocide anyway
Right, just ignore the "colonization" (not genocide!) Of four continents by Europeans and their Yankee successors and you can see how civilized people do it.

If those Africans just drone striked and nuked each other instead of using knives and stones to murder one another, fuckng amateurs

BillMc
05-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Love that elevator play!

Yeah, its cool. Mills likes it too apparently.

SupremeGuy
05-09-2014, 10:36 AM
lol @ comparing modern day genocide to the human expansion that occurred centuries ago

vma16
05-09-2014, 10:37 AM
lol lots of butthurt south americans up in here Other than cocaine and coffee, does south america even produce anything useful? Lol, your mom had a great time over here, ask your venezuelan brother ;)

Timnobili
05-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Nombre! That couch is all chaff!!! I think my tia had the same one back in the day before she lost her job at Mervyns.

Brazil
05-10-2014, 07:33 AM
lol @ comparing modern day genocide to the human expansion that occurred centuries ago

:lol human expansion, you mean white expansion right ?

Bambililos
05-10-2014, 09:20 AM
:lol human expansion, you mean white expansion right ?

Is there any other type of human in SupremeGuy's mind?

jag
05-10-2014, 10:03 AM
:lol

SupremeGuy doing work in here.

EVAY
05-10-2014, 10:20 AM
You're kidding yourself if you don't think it's the same all over the World, tbh. At least we're not going around committing genocide and shit. They take Ethnocentrism to another level in Africa.

Well, I haven't live all over the world, but I have lived in three countries and 6 U.S. states, and I guarantee that the level of Texas homerism is by far the highest that I have ever found anywhere. Ethnocentrism does not imply genocide necessarily. The French are notoriously ethnocentric but rarely commit genocide for the simple reason that it is too much trouble to kill all the people they believe to be inferior to themselves. LOL!

An American Lady once challenged Winston Churchill regarding the pitiful state of Indians ( this was during WWII when India was still a British Commonwealth nation). Churchill turned and asked her "Are we here discussing the plight of brown Indians, who under my country's rule have had improved education, diet and housing than at any time prior to our rule, or are we discussing the Red Indians of America, most of whom are dead at the hands of the non-imperialist United States? Roosevelt laughed his ass off, reportedly.

Brazil
05-10-2014, 02:03 PM

SupremeGuy doing work in here.

Dude probably doesn't know brazil don't speak Spanish so not sure what kind of work he is doing tbh

SupremeGuy
05-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Is there any other type of human in SupremeGuy's mind?Well apparently to Brazil we have to classify the migration of humans based off skin color. Maybe you should be asking him?

SupremeGuy
05-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Well, I haven't live all over the world, but I have lived in three countries and 6 U.S. states, and I guarantee that the level of Texas homerism is by far the highest that I have ever found anywhere. Ethnocentrism does not imply genocide necessarily. The French are notoriously ethnocentric but rarely commit genocide for the simple reason that it is too much trouble to kill all the people they believe to be inferior to themselves. LOL!

An American Lady once challenged Winston Churchill regarding the pitiful state of Indians ( this was during WWII when India was still a British Commonwealth nation). Churchill turned and asked her "Are we here discussing the plight of brown Indians, who under my country's rule have had improved education, diet and housing than at any time prior to our rule, or are we discussing the Red Indians of America, most of whom are dead at the hands of the non-imperialist United States? Roosevelt laughed his ass off, reportedly.Ummm ok, are you implying that India needed England to bring them out of some type of stone age? lol

Also, let's not pretend that what happened to the "Red" Indians of America wasn't what was happening all over the World at that time. It was a time of expansion. It's ignorant to judge anything that happened during that period with modern day morals/ideals.

EVAY
05-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Ummm ok, are you implying that India needed England to bring them out of some type of stone age? lol

Also, let's not pretend that what happened to the "Red" Indians of America wasn't what was happening all over the World at that time. It was a time of expansion. It's ignorant to judge anything that happened during that period with modern day morals/ideals.

Since India's civilization preceded that of England's by a millennium or so, obviously not. What I was saying, fairly clearly I thought, was that Americans killed the people whose land they 'conquered', whereas England, imperialists extraordinaire, built schools, improved agriculture and manufacturing, etc. etc. etc. Not minding killing quite a few thousand in the process as well, most assuredly. They just didn't wipe them out.

Actually my response was to your position that American and Texas ethnocentrism was/is not as offensive as that in African nations because we didn't commit genocide. In fact, we committed genocide. The fact that other countries were also committing genocide does not alter the moral judgement regarding our behavior, any more than our genocide justifies or minimizes the genocide being employed by other nations around the world, historically or currently.

The 'everybody else is/was' doing it sort of loses its appeal after about 12th grade for most folks.

My primary point, clearly stated, was that ethnocentrism does not imply genocide at all, by us or anyone else, now or historically. You seem to keep putting the accent on the wrong syllable.

SupremeGuy
05-10-2014, 02:52 PM

SupremeGuy doing work in here.:lol

SupremeGuy
05-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Since India's civilization preceded that of England's by a millennium or so, obviously not. What I was saying, fairly clearly I thought, was that Americans killed the people whose land they 'conquered', whereas England, imperialists extraordinaire, built schools, improved agriculture and manufacturing, etc. etc. etc. Not minding killing quite a few thousand in the process as well, most assuredly. They just didn't wipe them out.

Actually my response was to your position that American and Texas ethnocentrism was/is not as offensive as that in African nations because we didn't commit genocide. In fact, we committed genocide. The fact that other countries were also committing genocide does not alter the moral judgement regarding our behavior, any more than our genocide justifies or minimizes the genocide being employed by other nations around the world, historically or currently.

The 'everybody else is/was' doing it sort of loses its appeal after about 12th grade for most folks.

My primary point, clearly stated, was that ethnocentrism does not imply genocide at all, by us or anyone else, now or historically. You seem to keep putting the accent on the wrong syllable.Sure it does. Humanity has developed significantly in the last few centuries.

Robz4000
05-10-2014, 03:32 PM
:lmao this SupremeGuy is quickly rising on my favorite posters list

heyheymymy
05-10-2014, 04:22 PM
:tu

DAF86
05-10-2014, 04:30 PM

How so? There's basically no black people in Argentina. :lol

SupremeGuy
05-10-2014, 07:22 PM
How so? There's basically no black people in Argentina. :lolRacists, tbh. :p: I don't think you understood my post. lol

It's all good, Viva Peron! :toast