PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Beginning to develop a funny feeling about Indiana, tbh

DD
05-10-2014, 12:15 AM
This is one of the strangest teams/situations I can recall from a playoff team. They are a 1 seed, but everybody on that team short of Lance and Scola have completely lost confidence. They hit the skids big time, are no longer good at home, and rumors are that there may be some infighting/infidelity.

All that said, I'm kinda sorta impressed how they've won every must-win game (or virtual must-win) so far this postseason--despite all the chaos around them. I'm starting to rethink my Heat in 4 prediction (although I still think Miami takes the EC). Anybody else willing to throw them a bone, despite their shitty, outward appearance?

Venti Quattro
05-10-2014, 12:18 AM
This is one of the strangest teams/situations I can recall from a playoff team. They are a 1 seed, but everybody on that team short of Lance and Scola have completely lost confidence. They hit the skids big time, are no longer good at home, and rumors are that there may be some infighting/infidelity.

All that said, I'm kinda sorta impressed how they've won every must-win game (or virtual must-win) so far this postseason--despite all the chaos around them. I'm starting to rethink my Heat in 4 prediction (although I still think Miami takes the EC). Anybody else willing to throw them a bone, despite their shitty, outward appearance?

They win one game in the ECF. That's the most that I'm gonna give them.

ElNono
05-10-2014, 12:35 AM
As Mr Gump would say, they're like a box of chocolates, imo...

Robz4000
05-10-2014, 12:50 AM
They'll take the Heat to 7 if they get that far tbh. The loss at home would both be a ratings explosion and funny as shit.

HI-FI
05-10-2014, 12:53 AM
I got a funny feeling about them when they cut Bynum. If Paul George didn't bang Hibbert's fiance, then that should help as well.

I could see them pushing Heat to 7 again.

rogues
05-10-2014, 12:56 AM
Weird how they got rid of Bynum, who was deadweight, and now they look competitive again..

Thebesteva
05-10-2014, 12:57 AM
They may make it interesting against the Heat, but thats about it. They had their chances to win but the in fighting ended it.

Thebesteva
05-10-2014, 12:58 AM
Weird how they got rid of Bynum, who was deadweight, and now they look competitive again..

Bynum is a well known locker room cancer. I have no idea how that character developed, perhaps lack of going to college. However, its well known he is insane

Dex
Indiana is not going to beat the Heat scoring 85 points. Period.

rogues
They may make it interesting against the Heat, but thats about it. They had their chances to win but the in fighting ended it.
Yeah..they're still a cute little team from Indiana..nothing more, nothing less..

rogues
05-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Bynum is a well known locker room cancer. I have no idea how that character developed, perhaps lack of going to college. However, its well known he is insane
He's still a child, tbh..he never matured..

DMC
05-10-2014, 12:59 AM

They haven't played anyone yet. When they do I can make a better assessment.

Thebesteva
05-10-2014, 01:07 AM
Yeah..they're still a cute little team from Indiana..nothing more, nothing less..

Rogues :cry pls

http://www.suntimes.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=2MhwK J0GDAH_AIcV9fhkLs$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYvADQv1tbmajlR eXxXATEgvWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

FkLA
05-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Nah they suck. Too much iso ball tbh.

DD
05-10-2014, 01:14 AM
They haven't played anyone yet. When they do I can make a better assessment.

Fair point, and we really won't know till they play Miami (if they do), but I'm still impressed with them going 5-0 in must win games thus far, despite the avalanche of probelms theyve faced (most self induced, granted). They're a young teamsi lengthy series don't hurt them as much, and they always play the Heat tough.

What I'mgetting at is they might just be a player after all. We'll see tbh

TDMVPDPOY
05-10-2014, 01:17 AM
mental midgets or playing down to their level of competition

if t hey approach every game like they are playin against the heat, it be interesting...too bad these are nigglets who just want to get paid doing nothin

daslicer
05-10-2014, 02:20 AM
I think they have a 50-50 shot at beating Miami. Mentally they already stronger considering they have bounced back from so many humiliating moments the last few months. Every time they should have gone down they still managed to survive. I think just as a team they have to believe things can not get any worse than what has occurred recently. They have already proven they won't go down easily. Miami has to go up 3-1 against them or else they will lose the series.

hater
05-10-2014, 02:46 AM
they would have got swept in round 1 if they were in the West.

Heat are a 10000000% lock to reach the finals

Budkin
05-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Heat in 5. Possibly 6.

Ricky Davis
05-10-2014, 01:22 PM
rememba det time, Frank Vogel compared his team to the 2011 Mavs?

tee, hee

:cry nobody will ever be the 2011 Mavs again :cry stopping two different three peats in one playoff run :cry great fucking team :cry

sook
05-10-2014, 01:33 PM
The east is so shitty they will make it to the ECF, I don't know why people thought they would flake out in the 1st.

baseline bum
05-10-2014, 01:43 PM
I think they have a 50-50 shot at beating Miami. Mentally they already stronger considering they have bounced back from so many humiliating moments the last few months. Every time they should have gone down they still managed to survive. I think just as a team they have to believe things can not get any worse than what has occurred recently. They have already proven they won't go down easily. Miami has to go up 3-1 against them or else they will lose the series.

Wow

Ricky Davis
05-10-2014, 01:50 PM
The east is so shitty they will make it to the ECF, I don't know why people thought they would flake out in the 1st.

:lol what is this 'holier than thou' revisionist history? Did you even watch that series?

The Pacers had to scratch and claw their way to a game 6 victory in Atlanta to fight off elimination. That was a game they were on the verge of losing. Not to mention Atlanta blew them the fuck out in Indiana in game 1 and game 5.

rofl @ anyone who wants to sit here and say 'C'mon? You really thought the Pacers were gonna lose?"

daslicer
05-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Wow

Their biggest strength is they play great when their backs are against the wall. You have to step on their throats when you can. Think about it in the Hawks series they responded every time when they were in a hole. When they were down 2-1 they fought hard and got game 4 when it would have been easy to fold up. The same thing happened when they were down 3-2 they came out in the ATL with fierce determination to win game 6. They are a resilient bunch it will be hard to take them out if Miami is tied 2-2 after 4 games.

sook
05-10-2014, 03:40 PM
:lol what is this 'holier than thou' revisionist history? Did you even watch that series?

The Pacers had to scratch and claw their way to a game 6 victory in Atlanta to fight off elimination. That was a game they were on the verge of losing. Not to mention Atlanta blew them the fuck out in Indiana in game 1 and game 5.

rofl @ anyone who wants to sit here and say 'C'mon? You really thought the Pacers were gonna lose?"

I thought there was a chance, but a small one. The magnitude of victories becomes irrelevant and Indy was the more poised to close out game 7. It does prove that they have a 0% chance against Miami though.

Ricky Davis
05-10-2014, 03:52 PM
I thought there was a chance, but a small one. The magnitude of victories becomes irrelevant and Indy was the more poised to close out game 7. It does prove that they have a 0% chance against Miami though.

more vague, subtle statements imho.

'The magnitude of victories becomes irrelevant'

How exactly does the 'magnitude of victories' become irrelevant. When one team blows out another twice on their home floor then goes back home for an elimination game you don't think that's more troubling than maybe winning each of those two by one point?

In game 6, there was a time late in the 3rd/early 4th where the Hawks had the momentum but missed like 5 straight threes. If 2 of those go in, the crowd goes nuts, Indiana probably folds, and we're all talking about how Indiana collapsed.

Clipper Nation
05-10-2014, 03:58 PM
:lmao

daslicer
05-10-2014, 04:17 PM
:lmao

So do you believe Miami is going to sweep the Pacers or take them out in 5? Call it now and lets see what happens.

Calispursfan11
05-10-2014, 04:38 PM

You never know which Indiana team will show up. Overall, they barely pull out the wins when they absolutely need them in pretty unimpressive fashion but they are still here, one of the last 8 surviving teams. It's hard to predict but I think they will push the Heat to 6.

Ricky Davis
05-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Yeah, as for OP, it's hard to tell how they will play vs Miami. After their crappy showing vs Atlanta, it was easy just to say "SWEEEEEEEEEEP!!! NOBODY IS STOPPING TEH HEAT!!!!!!1" but idk anymore.

Once Indiana gets through Washington, Vogel will recite the same stupid cliches he's recited the last two years, and they will be motivated again to play the Heat.

I think Indiana will push it again to 7, choke on their home court, and Vogel will say the same thing again. "Lebron is a heck of a player but we have a bright future etc etc "

baseline bum
05-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Their biggest strength is they play great when their backs are against the wall. You have to step on their throats when you can. Think about it in the Hawks series they responded every time when they were in a hole. When they were down 2-1 they fought hard and got game 4 when it would have been easy to fold up. The same thing happened when they were down 3-2 they came out in the ATL with fierce determination to win game 6. They are a resilient bunch it will be hard to take them out if Miami is tied 2-2 after 4 games.

Or maybe they're just scraping by against garbage teams

CitizenDwayne
05-10-2014, 05:39 PM
I don't share this feeling at all.

Mal
05-10-2014, 10:19 PM
No no. Please Heat sweep them. Nothing better can happen for Spurs than easy path for Heat

Thebesteva
05-13-2014, 09:16 PM
:lol OP

hater
05-13-2014, 09:30 PM
:lol OP

:rollin

Strange Love
05-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Like I said. Indy has been the worst first seed in NBA history.

This is like a prolonged embarassment that untimately will lead into mockery once the Wizards dispatch them.