PDA

View Full Version : Favorite branch of military?

baseline bum
05-10-2014, 08:51 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8c/War_Ensign_of_Germany_1938-1945.svg/800px-War_Ensign_of_Germany_1938-1945.svg.png

CubanSucks
05-10-2014, 08:58 PM
I literally just now got done watching Das Boot for the first time ever. Whichever one that is, I only recognize Luftwaffe

baseline bum
05-10-2014, 08:58 PM
I picked Luftwaffe since the Me262s don't fuck around. But Schutzstaffel as your go get shit done branch isn't a bad choice either.

spurraider21
05-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Went with Wehrmacht because Call of Duty world at war is my favorite shooter to date :lol

Franklin
05-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Any branch of military commanded by my nigga Manstein. Luftwaffe got some badass fighting jets & bombers but son of a bitch Hermann Göring still found a way to fail miserably.

Katherine Robinson
05-10-2014, 10:21 PM
The Wehrmacht included the Luftwaffe

baseline bum
05-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Any branch of military commanded by my nigga Manstein. Luftwaffe got some badass fighting jets & bombers but son of a bitch Hermann Göring still found a way to fail miserably.

Blame Mein Führer for insisting our 262s should be used as attack planes instead of for shitting all over the Ami's 17's and 24's tbh. No way we were surviving the Mustangs with our Bf109's :cry

DD
05-10-2014, 10:37 PM
My gramps fought in the Wehrmacht, so the choice was easy

baseline bum
05-10-2014, 10:38 PM
My gramps fought in the Wehrmacht, so the choice was easy

Eastern front, Western front, or Jew front?

DD
05-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Eastern front, Western front, or Jew front?
Mostly Western

baseline bum
05-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Mostly Western

Nice, kept his ass outta the Siberian camps

Franklin
05-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Hermann the motherfucker Göring got the most advanced fighters & bombers of the time but still failed to win air superiority over the strait of Dover (which was a prerequisite for the possibility of an amphibious assault against the Britain). If the Reich got a more competent chief of air force they would've conquered the UK fucks, annexed that country and therefore avoided fighting on two fronts (assuming the US would never join the war only to help Bolshevik with UK down)

baseline bum
05-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Hermann the motherfucker Göring got the most advanced fighters & bombers of the time but still failed to win air superiority over the strait of Dover (which was a prerequisite for the possibility of an amphibious assault against the Britain). If the Reich got a more competent chief of air force they would've conquered the UK fucks, annexed that country and therefore avoided fighting on two fronts (assuming the US would never join the war only to help Bolshevik with UK down)

Fucked up going for the cities instead of destroying the RAF first in the Battle of Britain.

m>s
05-11-2014, 12:02 AM
SS were the most fanatical and feared soldiers on the battlefield. Allied soldiers literally pissed themselves when they saw the insignia.

Infinite_limit
05-11-2014, 02:52 AM
One of the Finest WW2 Films - 1993 film by German Director. No sugar coating. Download English subtitles for non-Deutsch speakers.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/Stalingrad_film.jpg

Franklin
05-11-2014, 05:40 PM
SS didn't even fight on the front line until 1943 or something imho, when the Wehrmacht was already severely shorthanded (having lost a total of more than 2m soldiers in the previous battles against the red army).

Infinite_limit
05-11-2014, 05:49 PM
The Germans on the Western Front were younger and less experienced. Nazis still mopped the floor with the Brits, Americans and French

m>s
05-11-2014, 06:34 PM
SS didn't even fight on the front line until 1943 or something imho, when the Wehrmacht was already severely shorthanded (having lost a total of more than 2m soldiers in the previous battles against the red army).

huh? straight from wiki:

Operation Barbarossa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Barbarossa), the German invasion of the Soviet Union, started on 22 June 1941, and all the Waffen-SS formations participated (including the SS Reich, which was formally renamed to SS Das Reich by the Fall of 1941)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen-SS#1939

waffen ss spearheaded the invasion of the USSR

baseline bum
05-11-2014, 07:08 PM
Went with Wehrmacht because Call of Duty world at war is my favorite shooter to date :lol

I thought you shot japs in that one.

spurraider21
05-11-2014, 07:18 PM
I thought you shot japs in that one.
Had the us jap battles and Russo-German front as well. I always enjoyed getting Wehrmacht in the multiplayer

DMC
05-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Luftwaffle. Nothing like a fluffy waffle.

Avante
05-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Wish I would have been in Berlin in 1936 as a black cat out of Alabama totally destroyed Hitlers superior race. And, we had a guy back home (injured, also from Alabama) who beat up on Jesse Owens.

Clipper Nation
05-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Any branch of the military that doesn't fuck underage Filipino hookers is fine with me, tbh....

Avante
05-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Any branch of the military that doesn't fuck underage Filipino hookers is fine with me, tbh....

Why not do a little history check on that slugger and you'll see there is no military that didn't fuck hookers. Stupid.......those girls are not underage in those countries,....ok idiot? They are working in bars ya fucking moron, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJR210
05-11-2014, 10:07 PM

+1

Avante
05-11-2014, 10:20 PM
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/military_to_ban_hookers/

Katherine Robinson
05-11-2014, 10:30 PM
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/military_to_ban_hookers/

What a shame, Avante. The boys don't speak the language, they have no hope to persuade a woman in bed.

Avante
05-11-2014, 10:35 PM
What a shame, Avante. The boys don't speak the language, they have no hope to persuade a woman in bed.

In that world it has nothing to do with "persuading" anyone to do anything. It's all about the miltary having fun and the girls making a living. This is business not romance.

Here we have a lot of youngsters who have no idea what I;m talking about.

Katherine Robinson
05-11-2014, 10:40 PM
In that world it has nothing to do with "persuading" anyone to do anything. It's all about the miltary having fun and the girls making a living. This is business not romance.

Here we have a lot of youngsters who have no idea what I;m talking about.

The oldest profession in the world for a reason. It's a mutual agreement that doesn't need a language

Infinite_limit
05-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Wish I would have been in Berlin in 1936 as a black cat out of Alabama totally destroyed Hitlers superior race. And, we had a guy back home (injured, also from Alabama) who beat up on Jesse Owens.
Confusing post. Can you please repost with more periods.

Avante
05-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Confusing post. Can you please repost with more periods.

The 1936 Olympics were held in Berlin with Hitler in attentance. Jesse Owens an Alabama negro and a student at Ohio State kicked ass. He won the 100, 200, long jump, and was a member of the winning 4x1 relay. So much for Hitlers superior race. And.....Temples Eulace Peacock (also from Alabama) had beaten Owens many times in the 100, he wasn't there because of an injury.

Actually the USA could have ran...

Jesse Owens
Ralph Metcalfe
Eulace Peacock
Ben Johnson
Mack Robinson

all Afro Amereican sprinters superior to anything Germany had.

Infinite_limit
05-12-2014, 12:17 AM
The 1936 Olympics were held in Berlin with Hitler in attentance. Jesse Owens an Alabama negro and a student at Ohio State kicked ass. He won the 100, 200, long jump, and was a member of the winning 4x1 relay. So much for Hitlers superior race. And.....Temples Eulace Peacock (also from Alabama) had beaten Owens many times in the 100, he wasn't there because of an injury.

Actually the USA could have ran...

Jesse Owens
Ralph Metcalfe
Eulace Peacock
Ben Johnson
Mack Robinson

all Afro Amereican sprinters superior to anything Germany had.
I walked that stadium this past summer. They renamed the street

http://images.travelpod.com/users/jcho/2.1244410565.jesse-owens-allee.jpg

The Nazis still won 10 more Gold than USA and nearly doubled Americans in total medals. So wasn't Hitler correct?

Are you familiar with Owen's quotes about the experience? He said the German crowd was very supportive and Adolf even sent him a portrait of himself. While Roosevelt ignored him and the Whites in the USA mistreated him.

Gummi Clutch
05-12-2014, 01:52 AM
That one branch that got to fuck the bitches that looked like Whoopie Goldberg.

DD
05-12-2014, 03:16 AM
I walked that stadium this past summer. They renamed the street

http://images.travelpod.com/users/jcho/2.1244410565.jesse-owens-allee.jpg

The Nazis still won 10 more Gold than USA and nearly doubled Americans in total medals. So wasn't Hitler correct?

Are you familiar with Owen's quotes about the experience? He said the German crowd was very supportive and Adolf even sent him a portrait of himself. While Roosevelt ignored him and the Whites in the USA mistreated him.

Wait, is this true?:lol

The Gemini Method
05-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Yes, it is true--he was beloved by the German populace and was given a portrait of Hitler as well. What branch of military out of those choices of Nazi loserville military forces would I take? None. I'd probably would've loved being a Russian soldier running amok on Berlin or any of the other German towns in late 1944-45. Gettin' my rape on and pissing on the so-called Nazi sacred ground.

BillMc
05-12-2014, 12:39 PM
I literally just now got done watching Das Boot for the first time ever. Whichever one that is, I only recognize Luftwaffe

Das Boot is a hell of a movie, especially if you get the three hour version. Watch it with surround sound and external speakers. You'll hear every bolt in that sub pop loose as it sinks. It's amazingly intense if you've got the setup or see it in a theater.

Another guy on here (Infinite limit) put up that Stalingrad film too. It's fantastic. As a guys whose been to Stalingrad (modern Volgograd) I can say they really did their research well

Katherine Robinson
05-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Yes, it is true--he was beloved by the German populace and was given a portrait of Hitler as well. What branch of military out of those choices of Nazi loserville military forces would I take? None. I'd probably would've loved being a Russian soldier running amok on Berlin or any of the other German towns in late 1944-45. Gettin' my rape on and pissing on the so-called Nazi sacred ground.

Or getting your dead on after being shot by a Hitler youth with more training than the average Russian soldier

The Gemini Method
05-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Or getting your dead on after being shot by a Hitler youth with more training than the average Russian soldier

More training got them exactly what? They were children put in during times of desperation in an scumbag notion to defend such tripe as the "Fatherland." or whatever. In sheer numbers alone, being part of the Red Horde would've meant a better chance to live than being a child soldier.

sook
05-12-2014, 01:40 PM
...forum keeps getting stranger and stranger :lol

CubanSucks
05-12-2014, 04:01 PM
The only thing Russia had going for them were numbers and their shitty weather that the Germans were too quick to get into, right?

DD
05-12-2014, 04:07 PM
More training got them exactly what? They were children put in during times of desperation in an scumbag notion to defend such tripe as the "Fatherland." or whatever. In sheer numbers alone, being part of the Red Horde would've meant a better chance to live than being a child soldier.

Lolwut? Not familiar with the WW2 body count, I take it?

CubanSucks
05-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Das Boot is a hell of a movie, especially if you get the three hour version. Watch it with surround sound and external speakers. You'll hear every bolt in that sub pop loose as it sinks. It's amazingly intense if you've got the setup or see it in a theater.

Another guy on here (Infinite limit) put up that Stalingrad film too. It's fantastic. As a guys whose been to Stalingrad (modern Volgograd) I can say they really did their research well

I saw the 2 hr 40 min version which I think is the shortest but it was on one of the movie channels so I know it wasn't edited for time or content. I tried downloading the entire mini series version but it is a bitch to find ANY version that looks legit AND that at least has English subtitles.

The Gemini Method
05-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Lolwut? Not familiar with the WW2 body count, I take it?

I was referring to the Battle for Berlin--not the overall war. I know the Soviets lost more lives than anyone else. I was being specific to the end battle. I have to rethink that position though. I think I'd rather be on the Western Front--except the battle for the Ardennes.

The Reckoning
05-12-2014, 04:17 PM
being on the russian side risked political execution during and after the war as well. fuck that i'd want to be on the maginot line.

battles got really messy once the blitzkrieg stalled and lines were established...then it was back to world war 1 trench warfare with foxholes. you'd get mowed down or blown up if you even twitch a finger.

Katherine Robinson
05-12-2014, 04:18 PM

Conservative estimates put 30% (including the Volkssturm) of the German military dying to 50-60% of the USSR military dying. You'd likely be dead before the march on Berlin and maggots would be getting their rape on with your skull long before the soviets start their pillage.

The Gemini Method
05-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Conservative estimates put 30% (including the Volkssturm) of the German military dying to 50-60% of the USSR military dying. You'd likely be dead before the march on Berlin and maggots would be getting their rape on with your skull long before the soviets start their pillage.

Is that for the whole conflict between the two? Or, for the Battle of Berlin...fuck, I'd be a dead commie then lol. Unless I make white Russians for Zhukov as his personal bartender. Vodka > Schnapps though.

Katherine Robinson
05-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Is that for the whole conflict between the two? Or, for the Battle of Berlin...fuck, I'd be a dead commie then lol. Unless I make white Russians for Zhukov as his personal bartender. Vodka > Schnapps though.

The Battle of Berlin is hard to calculate because the Russians charged in there in waves, after the battle was over there was still a million or so troops coming in. If you were a smart German, you went west until you met the Allies who were slow on the advance. The defenders of Berlin were mostly fanatics who stood their ground on their own accord, funny how children had shown more bravery than Russian adults at the time.

The Reckoning
05-12-2014, 04:35 PM
americans stopped at the elbe

The Gemini Method
05-12-2014, 04:36 PM
The Battle of Berlin is hard to calculate because the Russians charged in there in waves, after the battle was over there was still a million or so troops coming in. If you were a smart German, you went west until you met the Allies who were slow on the advance. The defenders of Berlin were mostly fanatics who stood their ground on their own accord, funny how children had shown more bravery than Russian adults at the time.

I don't know if I'd be a brave kid--you have to realize that this country is in shambles and that if you were to escape to the West, it was better than dying at the hands of the Red Army, disease, or retribution by others. You could conceivably come back and make it big in the post-WWII rebuild. But, by all accounts, those Hitler Youth and the like did fight with fervor.

baseline bum
05-12-2014, 04:54 PM
My nigga still putting in work til the bitter end in Berlin

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120908162002/hitlerparody/images/5/5d/Henker_Hangman.jpg

Best movie character ever

Infinite_limit
05-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Have you guys seen this film? Released in 1993 by German director. Not in English

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/Stalingrad_film.jpg

If not, do yourself a favor. Better than any WW2 crap Hollywood has released

CosmicCowboy
05-12-2014, 06:45 PM
radar fucked the luftwaffe.

RD2191
05-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Lol @ all the faggots in this thread.

Franklin
05-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Why there's no Kriegsmarine tbh? The sea wolves were the worst nightmare for the British fucks during the war imho.

The Reckoning
05-14-2014, 01:40 AM
yeah kriegsmarine were methed up rogue corps. i saw one of the two man subs they had. the only way you could stay in one of those is if you're strung out on drugs.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-14-2014, 07:42 AM
...forum keeps getting stranger and stranger :lol

Not really. In all of that how many actual individuals do you think there are? I put the over under at 3.