PDA

View Full Version : South American friends

Jelly
08-10-2005, 03:06 PM
If I were to take a trip down there in the next 6 months, which would be the best place to visit... Argentina, Chile, or Peru (Macchu Pichu)?
Please answer honestly (rather than patriotically :) It's not cheap and I want the most bang for my buck.

Gracias!

batman2883
08-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Nuevo Laredo

Mixability
08-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Nuevo Laredo
:lol

timvp
08-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Chile.

sa_butta
08-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Chile.Are you being bias or have you been to all over South America?

nkdlunch
08-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Any country in South America is beautiful especially if you take $$. But if you wanna be impressed, go anywhere close the the Andes. Ecuador,Peru,Bolivia, Chile, Argentina.

Machu Pichu is a great choice, it's awesome.

Jelly
08-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Chile.

thanks Tim. Why do you think Chile is the best choice?

Jelly
08-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Any country in South America is beautiful especially if you take $$. But if you wanna be impressed, go anywhere close the the Andes. Ecuador,Peru,Bolivia, Chile, Argentina.

Machu Pichu is a great choice, it's awesome.

Macchu Pichu was my first choice and I had arranged a trip there two years ago, but a work situation came up and I had to cancel :depressed
It's always been on my list of things to do before I die.

Kori Ellis
08-10-2005, 03:25 PM
timvp's family has a farm in Chile. So he's been there the most of the South American countries. But he's been to several others.

Jelly
08-10-2005, 03:29 PM
timvp's family has a farm in Chile. So he's been there the most of the South American countries. But he's been to several others.

that's interesting. I used to date a guy who was from Chile, but grew up mainly in Argentina. He loved both places, but thought that most Americans would prefer Chile to Argentina as a place to live or visit. He said they have great facilities there and lots of things to do, especially in terms of outdoors life and sports.

Kori Ellis
08-10-2005, 03:33 PM
I have never been to South America, only Central America -- Costa Rica.

If you ever have a chance to go there, it's an amazing trip.

sa_butta
08-10-2005, 03:53 PM
timvp's family has a farm in Chile. So he's been there the most of the South American countries. But he's been to several others.I had seen a flag posted by him b4, which is why I asked.

timvp
08-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I had seen a flag posted by him b4, which is why I asked.

http://www.caribbeanflags.com/images/products/DO/DOJUMFL2.JPG
This Is Not Chile.

:smokin

sa_butta
08-10-2005, 03:56 PM
oops couldnt remember the flag sorry.
Dominican Republic

Kori Ellis
08-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Dominican Republic.

sa_butta
08-10-2005, 04:02 PM
thanx found it

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
08-10-2005, 04:20 PM
If I were to take a trip down there in the next 6 months, which would be the best place to visit... Argentina, Chile, or Peru (Macchu Pichu)?
Please answer honestly (rather than patriotically :) It's not cheap and I want the most bang for my buck.

Gracias!

It depends on what you'd like to do.

You want sun, sex and beaches? Then Northern Brazil is the place you are looking for.

You want mountains and spectacular landscapes? Then Los Andes is where you should go. All the way from Ecuador, down to Argentina and Chile.

If you are looking for a more urban time. The choices would be between Buenos Aires, Santiago & Montevideo.

The Iguazu Falls near the border between Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay is another amazing landscape.

If you want jungle, you can go into Brazil, Colombia & Venezuela.

Cold climate and lakes? Southern Argentina and Chile.

It all depends on what you want.

GrandeDavid
08-10-2005, 04:31 PM
I am partial to Chile, personally. But if Brazil were among the choices, I`d say northeastern Brazil, like Salvador or Recife. Rio is too dangerous right now. Southern Brazil, like Florianopolis is nice as well.

Most important of all is you need to verify any South American country`s international tourism infrastructure, namely how English-friendly they are, convenient to reach, quality of hotels and so on. Speaking for Brazil, I think you can find some good spots.

SWC Bonfire
08-10-2005, 04:36 PM
A few years back the state department recommended certain vaccinations for tropical diseases for people traveling to Venezuela. Are any of these vaccinations recommended for traveling to Brazil? I wouldn't think they would be for traveling further south like Argentina or Chile, but parts of Brazil might be different. Any input?

08-10-2005, 04:43 PM
SWC, it all depends on where you're going to be. I know for my work in South America (Brazil and Suriname) I needed Hep A and B, Yellow Fever, and a few others I can't remember. But that was all due to the fact that I would be away from the major metropolitan areas.

Ripper
08-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Venezuela

http://www.lagransabana.com/imagenes/W15.JPG

http://min.ecn.purdue.edu/~ghosha/saltoangel2.jpg

http://www.svmargarita.com/images/Venezuela%20pico%20bolivar.jpg

http://www.csupomona.edu/~jnbaskin/JNBimages/Venezuela-RioApure909-3.jpg

http://www.schulz-aktiv-reisen.de/images/venezuela.jpg

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
08-10-2005, 04:51 PM
A few years back the state department recommended certain vaccinations for tropical diseases for people traveling to Venezuela. Are any of these vaccinations recommended for traveling to Brazil? I wouldn't think they would be for traveling further south like Argentina or Chile, but parts of Brazil might be different. Any input?

Not that I know for Argentina, Uruguay and Chile. In Argentina, I had to get a yellow fever vaccine for the first time that I went to Brazil for holidays.

Jelly
08-10-2005, 05:31 PM
I have never been to South America, only Central America -- Costa Rica.

If you ever have a chance to go there, it's an amazing trip.

I used to live in Panama and have been to Costa Rica, but just barely...I was just a few miles over the border. But I'd love to spend a week exploring Costa Rica. It looks gorgeous. Panama also has some beautiful scenery.

kolko
08-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Patagonia (Argentina and Chile).

http://www.patagonia-travel.com/ingles/frame1.html

ShoogarBear
08-10-2005, 06:04 PM
I've never been, but I've heard Venezuela has the most beauty and spectacular beaches.

ALVAREZ6
08-10-2005, 06:09 PM
I've never been, but I've heard Venezuela has the most beauty and spectacular beaches.
Well probably, after all, I was just in Aruba and the beaches were incredible, and Aruba is 15 miles north of Venezuela.

For anyone considering a trip to the Carribean, I recommed Aruba, and it's not biased. It's perfect, there's a constant 15 mph breeze that never stops blowing at all, and you don't get hot even though it's so close to the equator. Also, it's out of the hurricane zone, and it never rains there. Each day is the same; sunny with a breeze. It's literally a dessert, it never rains there. You don't have to worry about spending all that money and letting shitty weather fuck up your plans.

N.Y. Johnny
08-10-2005, 08:43 PM
I dunno, but Argentina would be ok, that or Uruguay whatever is there I'd like to see....I think for now though, South Texas is as far "South America" as I'd go.

N.Y. Johnny
08-10-2005, 09:03 PM
uruguay would be BAD

I dunno its nice around this time of year :lol

N.Y. Johnny
08-10-2005, 09:07 PM
ahh ok!

what you think about Bolivia?

I want to go down there to see Lake Titticaca myself :lmao