PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Danny and Kawhi have the same room for mistakes as Marco..Favoritism?

apalisoc_9
05-10-2014, 10:43 PM
- Make a silly mistake, seat your ass down

- Two fouls, seat your ass down

- Take a shot, seat your ass down..

The fact that Marco is playing 20mpg ( eats away Kawhi's and Danny's minutes) in the playoff when he's a negative is proof that Pop does practice favoritism.

slick'81
05-10-2014, 10:45 PM
But bellies not being guarded anymore so might as well let him warm up

peacemaker885
05-10-2014, 10:46 PM
Because thats how important they are. We need them at the end.

apalisoc_9
05-10-2014, 10:48 PM
BS...

Tony is playing over 36 and Timmy is playing over 35..There's no reason for a 22 year old to average 27 minutes when there is no legit SF in your team..

Pop practice favoritism..Stop denying.

ducks
05-10-2014, 10:51 PM

The fact that Marco is playing 20mpg ( eats away Kawhi's and Danny's minutes) in the playoff when he's a negative is proof that Pop does practice favoritism.

got plenty of rest last series

DMC
05-10-2014, 10:53 PM

I realize you're trolling, but what are you... a fucking kindergartner? Fuck off with the fair treatment shit. Marco has white skin.

apalisoc_9
05-10-2014, 10:54 PM
BS..

I wish Marco breaks a leg...I swear to god this nigga gets special treatment from POP..

He has to make 4387534985790234052394 mistakes before Pop pulls the plug on him..Danny and Kawhi only need one fucking mistake and their ass is on the bench

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2014, 10:58 PM
BS...

Tony is playing over 36 and Timmy is playing over 35..There's no reason for a 22 year old to average 27 minutes when there is no legit SF in your team..

Pop practice favoritism..Stop denying.

I agree, but Kawhi has been in foul trouble each game this series. He needs his PT this series though he ain't a liability on defense vs Claver or Barton lol

Kool Bob Love
05-10-2014, 11:00 PM
BS..

I wish Marco breaks a leg...I swear to god this nigga gets special treatment from POP..

He has to make 4387534985790234052394 mistakes before Pop pulls the plug on him..Danny and Kawhi only need one fucking mistake and their ass is on the bench

Pop didn't sit Kawhi after the free throw in 6. Couldn't hit one freebie. Wow.

siraulo23
05-10-2014, 11:02 PM
BS..

lol u seriously hoping for a spurs player injury so kawhi can play 40 mins a game?

u are a joke

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2014, 11:02 PM
Pop didn't sit Kawhi after the free throw in 6. Couldn't hit one freebie. Wow.
9/12

jkid12456
05-10-2014, 11:04 PM
light skinned niggas tbh

apalisoc_9
05-10-2014, 11:04 PM
I agree, but Kawhi has been in foul trouble each game this series. He needs his PT this series though he ain't a liability on defense vs Claver or Barton lol

I realize that man, but he allowed Manu to play through three fouls in the third last game while Kawhi sat the whole quarter with three fouls in the third..If that's not favoritism, I don't know what is...

cd98
05-10-2014, 11:05 PM
They need to save Danny and Kawhi for the next series. Belli hardly played against Dallas and he'll get less time vs Thunder.

cd98
05-10-2014, 11:08 PM
I realize that man, but he allowed Manu to play through three fouls in the third last game while Kawhi sat the whole quarter with three fouls in the third..If that's not favoritism, I don't know what is...

Manu is more experienced playing in foul trouble. He's earned Pops trust. Leonard is more likely to pick up a cheap foul that keeps him out longer. Also if Manu is in foul trouble, we have options. Leonard...we don't have a true back up.

apalisoc_9
05-10-2014, 11:12 PM
takes out danny puts marco in and portland scores 8 straight points on marco :lmao

Brunodf
05-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Pop being Pop... Burning leads per par

cjw
05-11-2014, 12:19 AM
Could it be that he KNOWS Marco isn't as skilled and uses the moments to teach Danny and Kawhi because they're malleable?

DesignatedT
05-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Literally think your making things up in your head to make you feel better.

rjv
05-11-2014, 12:49 AM
Please stop posting to make your point. We know your threads suck.

sook
05-11-2014, 12:51 AM
Biggest try hard faggot on this site. Normally I ignore it and don't bring any attention to this shit, but goddamn...I hope you have down syndrome to excuse that retarded shit you spew out.

mercos
05-11-2014, 12:58 AM
Pop is already looking ahead and saving Danny and Kawhi's energy for OKC. If that series does ultimately come to fruition, both of those guys will have their work cut out for them.

BradLohaus
05-11-2014, 01:31 AM
Leonard will barely leave the court against the Thunder if they make it. Obviously.

HI-FI
05-11-2014, 01:35 AM
Biggest try hard faggot on this site. Normally I ignore it and don't bring any attention to this shit, but goddamn...I hope you have down syndrome to excuse that retarded shit you spew out.
his shit in the Club is actually worse.

sook
05-11-2014, 01:36 AM
his shit in the Club is actually worse.
The collective IQ of this board may have dropped further than I thought then.

ElNono
05-11-2014, 01:38 AM
you could see this guy was an attention whore since the start of the season... not sure why people don't just let his threads die, tbh

Gummi Clutch
05-11-2014, 02:18 AM
this guy is so fucking dumb :lol

Splits
05-11-2014, 02:21 AM
According to Harlem he's got the hottest schtick on the board :lmao

05-11-2014, 02:32 AM
According to Harlem he's got the hottest schtick on the board :lmaoI mean, apparently so

FuzzyLumpkins
05-11-2014, 03:46 AM
They need to save Danny and Kawhi for the next series. Belli hardly played against Dallas and he'll get less time vs Thunder.

No team in the playoffs still provides the mismatch that VC did off the bench for the Mavs.

sexinthatsx
05-11-2014, 04:33 AM
still refuse to bite the bait for a dumbass who is a Spurs fan and has Lebron as a top 5 favorite player...

spurraider21
05-11-2014, 04:36 AM
This is a very persistent troll :lol

100%duncan
05-11-2014, 06:46 AM
:lmao

Waps1980
05-11-2014, 06:50 AM
The bench need to find some form after the last series and if Beilli finds his shot that turn around off balanced shot he has then playing the extended minutes was worth it.
He has hit a couple and looks like that form is coming back.
Plus Mills is also finding his stroke.
When we need KL and Green they will be rested and ready to roll, KL especially 40 mpg if needed on KD and Bron.

Think about it its not rocket science.
We maybe have something like 15 games to go in about 30 days if we are still there at the end, that's a lot of basketball.

EVAY
05-11-2014, 09:54 AM

With all due respect (and someone other than me needs to determine how much is actually DUE in your case), it is NOT favoritism. It is in fact a coach knowing his player personnel and how they should be handled not only for the current game but for the future as well.

Some relevant points so that you may learn at least what favoritism ISN'T;

1. When referees start calling a guy like Kawhi for fouls, it not only hurts our team because we need his defense, but it also hurts Kawhi later in the current series and in any series we get to in the future. Players get reputations for being foulers or not being foulers. Do you remember last season when Splitter would get called for a lot more fouls than he does this year? Pop would sit him down so he wouldn't get a reputation as a fouler. Refs look at stats before games and they look at who is more likely to be fouling, etc. So protecting Kawhi from fouling out is important not only in whatever game he is playing in right now, but it is also important to make sure that he is not getting undue attention from the refs in upcoming games. In the second game of this series, that one ref was positively going after Kawhi…it is important to get Kawhi away from that kind of situation. Gives Kawhi some time to calm down and gives the ref some distance from paying so much attention to him.

2. Successful players like Manu have learned over time how not to pick up another foul and still be effective on the defensive end. He/they may not be AS effective after several foul calls, but they have proven over time that they can help and not get more fouls. That is not necessarily the case with Kawhi yet.
As good as he is, he is still young, and the particular talent of playing well without getting more fouls is not yet completely developed.

3. Pulling Danny for Manu in this instance is more than anything a choice for bball i.q. Danny can be a terrific defender, or he can be boneheaded. He can make threes, but is not as effective at handling the ball or driving to the basket as Manu is. So replacing him with Manu means you have another ball handler on the floor to help Tony, who is getting a lot of defensive attention, and you haven't lost anything offensively. We all know that Manu can be boneheaded too, but few of us doubt his superior court vision or passing ability, driving to the basketball ability or bball i.q. He is simply the better player.

If you are genuinely interested in knowing why some of the substitution patterns are the way they are, the above three points will help.

If you merely want to bitch because your favorite player(s) has been pulled, then nothing anyone can say will help, and most of us will stop trying.