PDA

View Full Version : OT: Steve Kerr asking Knicks for $30 million-5 year deal

Thebesteva
05-11-2014, 01:45 AM
LOL this faggot has 0 coaching experiences and already wants to get paid like he's an elite coach? :lol

TNT analyst Steve Kerr is seeking a five-year, $30 million contract to coach the New York Knicks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nyk/), according to the New York Post.Kerr, a former NBA guard and Phoenix Suns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/pho/) general manager, has been pursued by the Knicks to replaced fired coach Mike Woodson.Kerr plans to fulfill his TNT duties through the playoffs. Mike Tannenbaum, Kerr's agent and formerNew York Jets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyj/) general manager, is negotiating with the Knicks.The Knicks gave Mike D'Antoni a four-year, $24 million deal in 2008, similar to what Kerr is seeking. D'Antoni established success with the Phoenix Suns before coming to the Knicks but Kerr has no coaching experience.Knicks president Phil Jackson, who coached Kerr when he played for the Chicago Bulls (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/chi/) in the 1990s, has targeted Kerr for several weeks.According to multiple reports, Kerr is expected to withdraw himself as a candidate for the Golden State Warriors (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/gsw/)' coaching job, even though Kerr reportedly would prefer to stay on the West Coast. He lives in San Diego.

sook
05-11-2014, 01:46 AM
God bless this man if he continues the Knicks legacy on giving out such contracts.

DMX7
05-11-2014, 01:49 AM
Steve was successful at Phoenix?

DMC
05-11-2014, 01:50 AM
Organizations should not pay non-coach type ex-players big money to lead a team. I'd take a fucking D-league head coach first.

Franklin
05-11-2014, 01:51 AM
It's not like those people need jobs desperately to pay mortgage. So they just demand ridiculous prices hoping some stupid motherfucker will offer them the bill someday.

TDMVPDPOY
05-11-2014, 01:52 AM
so this clown will be gettin paid more to coach then his playing years adjusted to todays inflation?

lmao this clown has no business earning that much with no experience and jumping the pecking order....

Venti Quattro
05-11-2014, 02:04 AM

Yup. Sarver is terrible

Thebesteva
05-11-2014, 02:05 AM

He's never been a HC if I'm not mistaken, I think he has been a part of bball operations in PHX and he has solid coach written all over him. But wanting the type of money he does early on is hilarious. I still think the fact he's white, and has been part of Phil and Greg's systems makes him a legit contender to some day be a good -great coach

ElNono
05-11-2014, 02:08 AM
At the rate the Knicks fire their coaches, there's no doubt he would want a loaded deal...

Jacob1983
05-11-2014, 02:09 AM
How much did mama there goes that man make with the Warriors?

sook
05-11-2014, 02:11 AM
How much did mama there goes that man make with the Warriors?

More than you did while sitting on your ass and eating hamburgers all day.

Thebesteva
05-11-2014, 02:14 AM
:lol

Gummi Clutch
05-11-2014, 02:15 AM
:lmao

Jacob1983
05-11-2014, 02:27 AM
Who on this planet eats hamburgers? Gots to have cheese on dat shit. I don't even think Burger King or McDonald's sell hamburgers. Cheeseburgers are rare too. It's double cheeseburgers and up.

KaiRMD1
05-11-2014, 02:36 AM
I wouldn't put it past the Knicks to give him the money

Infinite_limit
05-11-2014, 02:56 AM
Knicks have an awful track record. Overpaying is a necessity

TDMVPDPOY
05-11-2014, 02:58 AM
just white guys keeping white guys employed, nothing to see here.....

Sean Cagney
05-11-2014, 03:05 AM
Who on this planet eats hamburgers? Gots to have cheese on dat shit. I don't even think Burger King or McDonald's sell hamburgers. .

ALOT of people eat Hamburgers sir. Cheese or not and grilling out them shits is ferocious! I love Cheeseburgers too, but if you give me a seasoned Hamburger forget it, I am eating that and smiling (Especially off the grill).

Jacob1983
05-11-2014, 03:15 AM
I was just saying that people love cheese on burgers and sandwiches. If you give people the choice, they gonna want cheese.

Bynumite
05-11-2014, 08:14 AM
The perks of white skin and a public Phil Jackson endorsement.

Shaw was Phil's assistant for years and played for him too and he sure as shit didn't get this kind of hype when he started coaching.

TDMVPDPOY
05-11-2014, 08:16 AM
whether steve takes the job or not, the knicks wont be winning shit with that current roster, they clearly need a full rebuild and change of culture there...

baseline bum
05-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Of course the Knicks will have to overpay like hell. Otherwise, why wouldn't he just go to Golden State where he could get lots of wins to work towards that next contract?

baseline bum
05-11-2014, 08:31 AM
The perks of white skin and a public Phil Jackson endorsement.

Shaw was Phil's assistant for years and played for him too and he sure as shit didn't get this kind of hype when he started coaching.

And Shaw led Denver to -21 wins compared to last year.

Bynumite
05-11-2014, 08:59 AM
And Shaw led Denver to -21 wins compared to last year.

To be fair Gallinari, McGee, Hickson, Robinson were sidelined with injuries for most of the season.

Besides those -21 wins are irrelevant when different teams were in the process of evaluating his head coaching potential and that number wasn't in his resumé.

DMC
05-11-2014, 10:14 AM
To be fair Gallinari, McGee, Hickson, Robinson were sidelined with injuries for most of the season.

Besides those -21 wins are irrelevant when different teams were in the process of evaluating his head coaching potential and that number wasn't in his resumé.

Fair my ass. If they come back next year and make the playoffs, Shaw will be considered for CotY despite that little tidbit of information.

LarryDavid
05-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Ain't mad at him. Get that money.

Katherine Robinson
05-11-2014, 12:56 PM
What's 30,000,000 dollars over five years to a team who makes ten times that in a year?

Seventyniner
05-11-2014, 01:26 PM
So you have a HoF coach who has never been a GM before and a decent GM who has never been a coach before. Who's to say they won't just switch jobs as soon as Kerr arrives?

Spurs9
05-11-2014, 04:21 PM
If you are Steve why wouldn't you ask for something like that tbh, the Knicks will probably pay it. He's just trying to get paid.