PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Zach Randolph and the 2011 Grizzlies

eric365
05-11-2014, 06:22 AM
Spurs used to be torched by all star shooting bigs

That's because of him and this 2011 playoff that the spurs developped some many covers. Kawhi drafted just after that series, Diaw signed 6 month after
Now we have Diaw, Splitter, Kawhi for theses players and Duncan is never used anymore against shooting bigs

The results were great against Randolph last year, Dirk and LMA this year

dg7md
05-11-2014, 06:25 AM
Interesting take, tbh...

I do think getting swept in that series really did wake up the team and forced the front office to take action. It's no coincidence that after that, we returned to the WCF twice in a row, potentially three times.

T Park
05-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Interesting take, tbh...

I do think getting swept in that series really did wake up the team and forced the front office to take action. It's no coincidence that after that, we returned to the WCF twice in a row, potentially three times.

Uhh.......

SpurAddict561
05-11-2014, 06:39 AM
Interesting take, tbh...

Grizz didn't sweep us

freetiago
05-11-2014, 06:47 AM
Spurs were more worried about the Lakers then the Grizz tbh..

Darius McCrary
05-11-2014, 07:19 AM
Grizzlies didn't sweep wtf

exstatic
05-11-2014, 07:44 AM
One of the fundamental changes in the organization after that beat down was that SA no longer signs players over 30 for rotation duty.

spursparker9
05-11-2014, 08:16 AM
Solved the big, but Durant and Lebron still killing us.

Horry Hipcheck
05-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Interesting take, tbh...

It'll be three times. Talented as this Blazer team may be, they are not the ones to become the first to overcome a 3-0 series deficit.

exstatic
05-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Solved the big, but Durant and Lebron still killing us.

LeBron didn't kill us. Ray Allen, Mike Miller, and Shane Battier killed us.

dg7md
05-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Sorry, 2011 was a hazy time to be a Spurs fan. :lol

look_at_g_shred
05-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Ibaka and Bosh will still kill us. The best thing that I take away from that series is getting Kawhi Leonard. Which is why te next year we made it to the WCF and the finals thereafter.

look_at_g_shred
05-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Oh and can't forget adding Danny green too!

exstatic
05-11-2014, 12:01 PM

Danny Green was on the roster and got garbage minutes in the Memphis series.

Prime Time
05-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Green was around, he just sucked.

To be fair, it was almost like a completely different player. Dude wasn't even sporting his arm/leg sleeves yet.

http://i.imgur.com/q7699Qt.jpg
What kind of fuckery is this?

UZER
05-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Altough, it still took the next year's collapse to finally deflate Pops boner for Bonner.

szkorhetz
05-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Ibaka and Bosh will still kill us. The best thing that I take away from that series is getting Kawhi Leonard. Which is why te next year we made it to the WCF and the finals thereafter.
Actually, I can see a lot of Splitter in a potential Finals against the Heat. Of course, not together with Duncan, but Splitter alone guarding Bosh seems to be in favor for us.

cd021
05-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Actually, I can see a lot of Splitter in a potential Finals against the Heat. Of course, not together with Duncan, but Splitter alone guarding Bosh seems to be in favor for us.

Bosh is a bit more athletic than L.A and Dirk. He also doesn't post up as much anymore unlike both of those two. He takes more 3s that L.A and has a quicker release than Dirk. I think he is a tougher cover than both in some ways. Diaw maybe best for defending him IMO.

sook
05-11-2014, 02:10 PM
its impressive how SA has bounced back since then.

szkorhetz
05-11-2014, 02:28 PM
its impressive how SA has bounced back since then.
And especially Tim, he looked done in that series.

eric365
05-11-2014, 04:16 PM

Ibaka and Bosh kill us because the Diaw/Leonard/Splitter were leaving them to double on Lebron/Wade or Durant/Westbrook. Especially Ibaka, most of his points vs the spurs are uncontested Jumpshots
You have to give up something.

But when the shooting big is the 1st option like Zbo, Dirk, LMA, spurs now do a great job. Maybe the best in the league