PDA

View Full Version : Clippers or OKC?

nbaman99
05-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Who you cheering for today? The longer they play better for us.

smaka
05-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Clippers. I'd prefer to play them in the WCF...

Malice
Line them up. Makes no difference to me. And I imagine the same goes for the Spurs.

apalisoc_9
Clippers is an infinitly better match-up for the spurs tbh

nbaman99
05-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Clippers is an infinitly better match-up for the spurs tbh
Exactly

RD2191
05-11-2014, 02:41 PM
OKC is hitting their stride. They're bout to backdoor the Clips. IMO.

Budkin
05-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Revenge would be sweet against OKC but Clippers much easier out.

Beaverfuzz
05-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Clippers just because. OKC will win the series.

SpurPadre
05-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Game 4 is over already for the Clips in the 1st quarter. Losing by 22 with 3 minutes to go in the first, wow.

Knoxxx
05-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Clippers are garbage. I want to play okc and heat for revenge plain and simple.

Robz4000
05-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Is this a serious question? Clippers.

SpurPadre
05-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Clippers are garbage. I want to play okc and heat for revenge plain and simple.

As you should know, we wouldn't just be facing OKC...it would be the refs, too.

Splits
05-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Both are tough but beatable. I think this board underrates the Clips and has an unhealthy fear of Meth. I want RefKC for revenge and so we can bury that faggot thunderup.

RD2191
05-11-2014, 03:00 PM
Our defense won't get past OKC.

VBM
05-11-2014, 03:01 PM
:lol people actually wanting to face OKC over the Clips

OKC is the worst matchup in the league for SA

xmas1997
05-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Our defense won't get past OKC.

:lol people actually wanting to face OKC over the Clips

OKC is the worst matchup in the league for SA

I'm not so sure as you two are.
I felt the same way about Portland after watching the Spurs against the Mavs.

Cry Havoc
05-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Clippers are a 2 dimensional team. If Paul doesn't create they have to get a bad shot from either Griffin or Crawford or get it to DJ in a post up. The Clips have absolutely NO three point shooting. They're vaguely similar to the Blazers and I expect we'd handle them in the same way.

The biggest concern for me playing the Thunder is honestly the refs. Durant is the most bailed out player in NBA history. He makes Michael Jordan seem like a pariah with the calls he gets on a nightly basis.

However, they don't have Harden, and I don't fear Westbrook. Spurs in 5 over LAC and 6 over the Thunder. Bring it on already.

xmas1997
05-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Spurs in 6 with either team.

SpurPadre
05-11-2014, 03:12 PM
I'll say this, Ibaka won't be 10-10 in any game vs. the Spurs this time around. Splitter averaged just under 9 minutes a game in the '12 WCF. That's not happening this time. Dirk and Aldridge have given Splitter great preparation and he's locked in as an elite defender against mid-range shooting bigmen from here on out (Even though I still wouldn't trust him vs. the Heat). That gives me hope. One big question is, who will replace the 11.8 PPG Jax gave us back then? Mills or Belli? Jax made love to pressure in that series and Mills/Belli will have to play their best ball of their careers in that series to give us our best chance.

Russ
05-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately, the Spurs aren't the only team on a mission after last year.

Cry Havoc
05-11-2014, 03:13 PM
I'll say this, Ibaka won't be 10-10 in any game vs. the Spurs this time around. Splitter averaged just under 9 minutes a game in the '12 WCF. That's not happening this time. Dirk and Aldridge have given Splitter great preparation and he's locked in as an elite defender against mid-range shooting bigmen from here on out (Even though I still wouldn't trust him vs. the Heat). That gives me hope. One big question is, who will replace the 11.8 PPG Jax gave us back then? Mills or Belli? Jax made love to pressure in that series and Mills/Belli will have to play their best ball of their careers in that series to give us our best chance.

He actually shot 11-11 and we still almost won that game. Game 6 was ours before the refs stepped in.

SpurPadre
05-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Unfortunately, the Spurs aren't the only team on a mission after last year.

Yeah but OKC needed a ZBO punch to get to where they are now, tbh.

BillMc
05-11-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm rooting for the Clippers because 1) I'd rather play them 2) I hate Westbrook

alpha_HaZE
05-11-2014, 03:16 PM
I am rooting for Thunder!
1. Revenge
2. If Clippers come back win the game, and then the series, there is a good chance Thunder fires their coach. I like Brooks because he is not a good coach.
3. It will better prepare us for the Heat.

Malik Hairston
05-11-2014, 03:16 PM
:lol

Clippers don't have the traits that give the Spurs trouble, tbh..

- Only 1 defensive athlete, and he's a poor post defender with low IQ(Jordan)
- No athleticism on the perimeter
- Poor perimeter defenders, no long defender to throw at Parker
- No viable small-ball lineup, which allows Splitter and Duncan to remain on the floor

OKC has:

- Elite athleticism everywhere on their roster
- The 2nd best player on the planet
- A defender to throw at Parker
- Perkins defends Duncan very well
- Ibaka's defensive style destroys the Spurs' interior passing
- Their role players have immense confidence against the Spurs

Clippers wouldn't be an easy out at all, but it's a no-brainer if the Spurs can avoid OKC..

RD2191
05-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Clippers are a 2 dimensional team. If Paul doesn't create they have to get a bad shot from either Griffin or Crawford or get it to DJ in a post up. The Clips have absolutely NO three point shooting. They're vaguely similar to the Blazers and I expect we'd handle them in the same way.

The biggest concern for me playing the Thunder is honestly the refs. Durant is the most bailed out player in NBA history. He makes Michael Jordan seem like a pariah with the calls he gets on a nightly basis.

However, they don't have Harden, and I don't fear Westbrook. Spurs in 5 over LAC and 6 over the Thunder. Bring it on already.
I worry more about the no calls. OKC gets away with murder on the defensive end. They're allowed to play an aggressive style of defense and get away with it. Ibaka can pretty much tackle Griffin and get away with it. Perkins usually has with way Tim on the defensive end and gets away with it. Didn't Tim get a technical foul called on him when Perkins pushed HIM in the back? It's ridiculous.

Cry Havoc
05-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Dear god the amount of physical bullshit the Thunderefs are presently getting away with vs. LAC is just abominable.

sook
05-11-2014, 03:19 PM
clippers are a better matchup but I don't think it really matters since the spurs will likely take out either in 6.

Cry Havoc
05-11-2014, 03:19 PM
I worry more about the no calls. OKC gets away with murder on the defensive end. They're allowed to play an aggressive style of defense and get away with it. Ibaka can pretty much tackle Griffin and get away with it. Perkins usually has with way Tim on the defensive end and gets away with it. Didn't Tim get a technical foul called on him when Perkins pushed HIM in the back? It's ridiculous.

Dear god the amount of physical bullshit the Thunderefs are presently getting away with vs. LAC is just abominable.

:tu

SpurPadre
05-11-2014, 03:21 PM
He actually shot 11-11 and we still almost won that game. Game 6 was ours before the refs stepped in.

And Game 6 was ours largely because of Jax, who was a straight up beast in that game. Who will take role from our bench this time? And just as I type this, the Clips get right back in the game.

SpurPadre
05-11-2014, 03:25 PM

God forbid a Spurs player grin after getting shoved by Perkins for no reason. Shit, they can't even react to drawing blood.

VBM
05-11-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm not so sure as you two are.
I felt the same way about Portland after watching the Spurs against the Mavs.

NBA's all about matchups. Not saying SA can't beat OKC, but they're athletic/play defense/know how to get calls. They also shoot FTs extremely well, and their bench is strong.

People saying they want revenge against OKC just cracks me up. I had no problem ducking the Mavs in 07 to win a title. Same applies to OKC.

SpurPadre
05-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Perkins gets his hands all over DeAndre Jordan at the end of a play and Jordan is understandably frustrated by it so he shoves him away and the refs gives them a double-tech when Perkins clearly was trying to piss him off. smh

Muser
05-11-2014, 03:47 PM
OKC would beat the Spurs in 6 IMO. Hoping LAC can make a run.

Malik Hairston
05-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Clippers also have a terrible leader/coach, tbh, I forgot to mention that..Chris Paul disappears often and he doesn't look engaged, he doesn't know how to lead by example..

Tom Rivers is already planning to quit on them, just like he did to the Celtics..he already has his built-in excuse, too..

ducks
05-11-2014, 03:55 PM
rivers knew sterling was a racist when he signed for the money

hyhy
05-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Our bench will revert to the Mavs series type if we are against OKC's defenders. and we need our bench

benstanfield
05-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Spurs have three two-way players they can throw at Durant who will make him work. Clippers have... zero? Matt Barnes is trash.

Spurs can easily match up when KD plays the four with a number of different lineups. Clippers are currently putting Blake on KD when OKC goes small.

Spurs have at least two PFs capable of running guards off the three while being quick enough to get back to Ibaka in the PnR. Clippers are straight up shrugging their shoulders and giving up Ibaka jumpers 2012-spurs style.

Spurs have at least 3 players capable of checking WB, cutting off his drives and turning him into a jump shooter. Clippers have exactly zero answers for his offense.

Spurs bench can score in a number of ways and maintain somewhat of a defensive presence. Clippers bench is just JCraw jacking up bullshit.

OKC is a worse match up for LAC than us. All of the things they are doing well in this series are things we could counter.

SpurPadre
05-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Spurs have three two-way players they can throw at Durant who will make him work. Clippers have... zero? Matt Barnes is trash.

Spurs can easily match up when KD plays the four with a number of different lineups. Clippers are currently putting Blake on KD when OKC goes small.

Spurs have at least two PFs capable of running guards off the three while being quick enough to get back to Ibaka in the PnR. Clippers are straight up shrugging their shoulders and giving up Ibaka jumpers 2012-spurs style.

Spurs have at least 3 players capable of checking WB, cutting off his drives and turning him into a jump shooter. Clippers have exactly zero answers for his offense.

Spurs bench can score in a number of ways and maintain somewhat of a defensive presence. Clippers bench is just JCraw jacking up bullshit.

OKC is a worse match up for LAC than us. All of the things they are doing well in this series are things we could counter.

On the other hand, the Clips are better equipped to handle OKC's length, speed and athleticism than we are. It's gonna be a hard, hard, hard series any way you slice it. It'll be harder than last year's Finals, tbh.

benstanfield
05-11-2014, 04:18 PM
On the other hand, the Clips are better equipped to handle OKC's length, speed and athleticism than we are. It's gonna be a hard, hard, hard series any way you slice it. It'll be harder than last year's Finals, tbh.

We just have to play with pace on offense and limit turnovers. Walking the ball up the floor like CP3 and playing against their half court D just magnifies their athleticism, especially Ibaka. Clippers are having a much easier time in transition than trying to post up Blake.

And just as I type this CP3 gets his annual second round "injury".

CGD
05-11-2014, 04:30 PM
It's all academic. OKC is superior to the clippers, and that's who the spurs will end up playing. Whether close out in 5 or 7 it's going to be OKC.

clips can't guard OKC's strength which is the perimeter play. Barnes is all they really have. And conversely, clips bigs aren't really effective against OKC which is supposed to be their big advantage. Blake and Jordan have a long way to go still.

Some of you guys in here need to stop acting so scared of OKC. It is what it is. I for one like the spurs' chances. I like Pop mindf'ing Westbrook again, I like no Harden for OKC, and I like the spurs' personnel in 2014 more than in 2012.

EVAY
05-11-2014, 04:35 PM
I am totally stunned at the extent to which the Thunder get away with murder on the court with no calls.

If we play them and the games are called the way today's game is being called, we will lose. This is the worst reffing I have seen in any of the playoffs, tbh.

benstanfield
05-11-2014, 04:42 PM
I am totally stunned at the extent to which the Thunder get away with murder on the court with no calls.

If we play them and the games are called the way today's game is being called, we will lose. This is the worst reffing I have seen in any of the playoffs, tbh.

While this is true the Clippers are also playing like shit and only going to lose by about 10-15. Clippers just don't have the personnel to score with any consistency against OKC, regardless of physicality. 11 minutes to go and they are straight up launching threes 1 on 1. Sure the Thunder play physical D, but if your response is ISO jumpers and CP3 dribbling you can't expect the refs to sympathize.

Spurs have all the tools to attack the Thunder inside and out. If they let physical defense rattle them there is no excuse.

benstanfield
05-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Durant 30 points on 9-20 shooting from the field :lol

SpurPadre
05-11-2014, 04:45 PM
One bright side to the Clips losing this series is that it further teaches Granger a lesson in karma. Motherfucker thought he was too cool to play for the Spurs and chose to play for the Clips "to have some fun". LOL. How fun is it, Danny, having played under a bigot, getting very limited minutes, likely exiting in the 2nd round, and then watching us play in the WCF with a chance to win it all? Oh, and the Pacers still have a shot to play in the ECF too. That's what he gets, the prick.

ducks
05-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Durant 16 free throws

timtonymanu
05-11-2014, 04:53 PM
One bright side to the Clips losing this series is that it further teaches Granger a lesson in karma. Motherfucker thought he was too cool to play for the Spurs and chose to play for the Clips "to have some fun". LOL. How fun is it, Danny, having played under a bigot, getting very limited minutes, likely exiting in the 2nd round, and then watching us play in the WCF with a chance to win it all? Oh, and the Pacers still have a shot to play in the ECF too. That's what he gets, the prick.

Who cares? Dude has a house in LA anyway even before he signed there. Why would he pay more for housing to play for the Spurs?

ducks
05-11-2014, 04:56 PM
push the thunder clippers please

SpurPadre
05-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Who cares? Dude has a house in LA anyway even before he signed there. Why would he pay more for housing to play for the Spurs?

Yeah, it doesn't matter to us anymore but it doesn't make my point any less true. Why even bring up any supposed interest in playing for us if it was as simple as him having a house in LA? And he never used that rationale of playing close to home anyways. San Antonio is also a hell of a lot closer to LA than Indiana, too. Oh well, his loss.

ducks
05-11-2014, 05:06 PM
westbook trust no one not even durant:lmao

SpurPadre
05-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Please win this Clips...take this shit to Game 7 and let's end our series tomorrow.

benstanfield
05-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Darren Collison has shot 42 FTA in these playoffs.

Mills has shot 13.

benstanfield
05-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Durant rip-through free throws in crunch time.

benstanfield
05-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Jesus Christ :downspin:

EVAY
05-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Please win this Clips...take this shit to Game 7 and let's end our series tomorrow.

yes yes yes, please!!!

benstanfield
05-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Lol brooks

benstanfield
05-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Wow Griffin almost derped that game away...

EVAY
05-11-2014, 05:17 PM
YAY!!!!!! Clippers won!!!!!!!

SpurPadre
05-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Alright, Thunder with an EPIC chokejob!

Russ
05-11-2014, 05:18 PM
YAY!!!!!! Clippers won!!!!!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

benstanfield
05-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Great win but there is no way LAC wins this series. Nonetheless, that leaves at least 2 games for KD to get a pulled labia. Good news for this thread.

BatManu20
05-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Clippers obviously. Great comeback today but they're still going to lose the series.

Jimcs50
05-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Just what I wAnted. At least 6 game series so Spurs can get some rest if they take care of business on Wednesday worst case.

LoneStarState'sPride
05-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Still don't think LAC pulls off the series win, but if they can at least keep extending the series, that's all I can ask for.

james evans
05-11-2014, 05:26 PM
i find it funny that when the thunder are shooting freethrows all game, they go up big, when the refs stop calling that bullshit in the 4th, the lead is always cut.

EVAY
05-11-2014, 05:28 PM
i find it funny that when the thunder are shooting freethrows all game, they go up big, when the refs stop calling that bullshit in the 4th, the lead is always cut.

no s$#t!!

ducks
05-11-2014, 05:29 PM
Durant 8 turnovers

eric365
05-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Just what I wAnted. At least 6 game series so Spurs can get some rest if they take care of business on Wednesday worst case.

Earliest date for Game1 of a conference finals is May 18.
If the spurs take care of business in game 4 or 5, they'll get a good rest whatever happen in the OKC / Clippers series

will_spurs
05-11-2014, 05:30 PM
I hate OKC with a passion, really great comeback by the Clippers to even the series. I hope the Clippers advance to the WCF, but if not I hope it goes to 7 games with 3 OT.

benstanfield
05-11-2014, 05:33 PM
FTA were 34-29 OKC. Still nowhere near 2006 Heat levels.

Just have to keep KD off the line. It's no different than what Portland did to Harden. I'll give him a slightly contested midrange jumper over two free throws and a personal foul all day.

$pursDynasty
05-11-2014, 05:33 PM
After watching that first quarter there was no way I would have thought the Clippers could have won this game. I am so glad that I was wrong. It still seems like OKC is a better team than the Clippers but you never know maybe we can get a CP3 3 point barrage on Tuesday.

DocDoc
05-11-2014, 05:36 PM
To anyone who thinks depth isn't important - the Clips bench won this game.

itzsoweezee
05-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Clippers would have no chance against the spurs. Their two guards are Reddick and Crawford, lol. And Matt Barnes starts for them. Spurs would probably win in five games.

Malik Hairston
05-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Scott Brooks lost this game, tbh, it wasn't about the Clippers..

If OKC had a decent coach, it would be game over for the rest of the league, tbh..let's be thankful that Brooks is our glimmer of hope, as Spurs fans..

Beaverfuzz
05-11-2014, 05:38 PM

Spurs in five games ( Wed )
Clipps/OKC in six games ( Thurs ) What rest?

AASATX
05-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Rather play the Clippers

ducks
05-11-2014, 05:46 PM
7 possensions paul guarded Durant 3 turnovers

watertorture
05-11-2014, 06:12 PM
While I think the Cippers are a better match-up for us, there's part of me that wants OKC just so games don't start at 10pm (I'm getting old, I guess).

jARS mEsH sEt
05-11-2014, 06:17 PM
We'd have a fair fight against the Clippers. OKC is the ref-coddled shitstain of the league.

ElNono
05-11-2014, 06:19 PM
We probably match up better with the Clippers, but at this stage, you gotta beat anybody that's in front of you... I've said all season that if the Spurs are playing like last year, I like our chances against OKC... The last 4 games have been encouraging in that regard...

watertorture
05-11-2014, 06:23 PM
While I think the Cippers are a better match-up for us, there's part of me that wants OKC just so games don't start at 10pm (I'm getting old, I guess).

hater
05-11-2014, 06:25 PM
:lol thinking the Clips ever had a chance in this series :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-11-2014, 06:40 PM
OKC is hitting their stride. They're bout to backdoor the Clips. IMO.

:lol your shit takes

james evans
05-11-2014, 06:44 PM
We'd have a fair fight against the Clippers. OKC is the ref-coddled shitstain of the league.
mfs swear on their life the refs don't cheat for the thunder.

RD2191
05-11-2014, 06:46 PM

I'd make fun of you but everyone already shits on you in the club . I kind of just feel bad for you. Tbh.

Horry Hipcheck
05-11-2014, 06:48 PM
The Spurs would walk through LAC playing at their current levels, tbh. That'd be nice, since they'd have a date with Miami waiting for them again, but it's going to be OKC. I know that the regular season doesn't really mean anything in the playoffs (again, let's look at the Spurs being 10-0 against the Mavs before Game 2 and having a shit record against Portland before Games 1-3) but OKC's record against SA is the most discouraging of the three. SpurPadre brings up a good point - Jackson was offloaded after 2012 and he was pretty big for the Spurs in that 2012 WCF series. Where do his points and intangibles come from? Mills and Marco? Will either of those two really step up in a series where their shots are being chased frantically by OKC's athleticism? SJax could bury a clutch 3 even if you attached a car battery to his balls.

OKC's favorite thing in the world is donkey stomping the Spurs, and they're built to do it. Athletic shot blockers to disrupt Duncan and Splitter (who are never, ever as aggressive down low as Griffin and Jordan are), a parasite of a turnover creator in Westbrook, and a sniper of a clutch shooter in Durant, who also sells fouls to refs like he's at a farmer's market. The Spurs' game plan hasn't worked against OKC in two seasons, even with Harden gone. OKC chases shooters off the line, mauls post players, and disrupts passing lanes with their speed. Splitter isn't fast enough or good enough to avoid foul trouble to keep up with Durant, and Leonard can only do so much on him, which leaves Westbrook pretty much free to do all the monkey shit he pounds his chest over like the Neanderthal he is.

The Spurs can beat OKC, but they haven't looked capable of really doing it since 2012, imo.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-11-2014, 06:49 PM

:lmao this is gold coming from the moron who got called the fuck out for making the shittiest, Manutard cumfest of a postgame grades thread in existence :rollin

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-11-2014, 06:49 PM
I'd make fun of you but everyone already shits on you in the club . I kind of just feel bad for you. Tbh.

:cry going to lose to Dallas

:cry going to lose to Portland by backdoor sweep

:rollin

:cry Portland in 6

:lmao

:cry backdoor sweep for OKC

:wakeup

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

RD2191
05-11-2014, 06:51 PM
So what did you with the cats?

DarrinS
05-11-2014, 06:52 PM
It would be nice to get revenge on two teams in the same season.

RD2191
05-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Today I called maintenance to fix my closet door that continued to fall off in my shitty apartment. In doing so, I accidentally slipped out that I had two pet cats. I woke up from a nap to see that I received a default on my lease stating I need to get rid of my cats or else I would receive a fee.

This apartment has been horrible. It's nice and right by campus, however, there has been multiple issues with the apartment. I also have no interest in removing my cats from the premises. I can pay a fee of $300 and keep ONE cat, but that seems not likely because these two cats are related and they cannot be separated.

I am pondering not paying the fine and getting evicted. I am a college student; therefore I am broke and cannot afford to pay all these stupid ass fees and continue paying rent. I am sure I'm not the only one that has been through this, so I need advice on the best possible option and/or what I should do or if I'm not making the 'smart' decision.

If you guys need any more information, I will be happy to give it to you.

RD2191
05-11-2014, 06:55 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

Russ
05-11-2014, 07:08 PM
My favorite part of that Clipper win was . . .

Westbrook hopping around like barefoot on hot cement after he missed that last three. :toast

rascal
05-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Today I called maintenance to fix my closet door that continued to fall off in my shitty apartment. In doing so, I accidentally slipped out that I had two pet cats. I woke up from a nap to see that I received a default on my lease stating I need to get rid of my cats or else I would receive a fee.

This apartment has been horrible. It's nice and right by campus, however, there has been multiple issues with the apartment. I also have no interest in removing my cats from the premises. I can pay a fee of $300 and keep ONE cat, but that seems not likely because these two cats are related and they cannot be separated.

I am pondering not paying the fine and getting evicted. I am a college student; therefore I am broke and cannot afford to pay all these stupid ass fees and continue paying rent. I am sure I'm not the only one that has been through this, so I need advice on the best possible option and/or what I should do or if I'm not making the 'smart' decision.

Just move out. Find another place, you will get used to the new place.

RD2191
05-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Just move out. Find another place, you will get used to the new place.
:lolno lyfe scrub posted that in the club

siraulo23
05-11-2014, 07:30 PM
spurs got a better chance beating the clippers than okc

but this clippers team isnt mentally weak like the past clippers team in the past couple of years

BackHome
05-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Damn that was a good game against OK VS CLIPPS>> Happy it will be a 7 game series now.

100%duncan
05-11-2014, 08:04 PM
It would be nice to get revenge on two teams in the same season.

Malik Hairston
05-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Not only is the Clippers matchup much, much easier, but I'd love for the Spurs to be the team that eliminates that piece of shit Tom Rivers, tbh..

As a minority, I'd be very proud(from a hoops perspective) if my favourite team eliminated Tom Rivers, it would be the 2nd best outcome behind winning the championship..

cd021
05-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Damn that was a good game against OK VS CLIPPS>> Happy it will be a 7 game series now.

Still unconvinced it will go 7. OKC has looked like the best team. They had a bad collapse but The Clippers were getting hammered early and often. They were down 12 but it felt more like 25. The Thunder were scoring every other possession while the Clippers were scoring on about 1/3 of theirs.

The Clippers need more help on the wing defensively to really become a title contender. They will probably lose game 5 in OKC and game 6 is a toss up.

rmt
05-11-2014, 09:21 PM

Clippers don't have the traits that give the Spurs trouble, tbh..

- Only 1 defensive athlete, and he's a poor post defender with low IQ(Jordan)
- No athleticism on the perimeter
- Poor perimeter defenders, no long defender to throw at Parker
- No viable small-ball lineup, which allows Splitter and Duncan to remain on the floor

OKC has:

- Elite athleticism everywhere on their roster
- The 2nd best player on the planet
- A defender to throw at Parker
- Perkins defends Duncan very well
- Ibaka's defensive style destroys the Spurs' interior passing
- Their role players have immense confidence against the Spurs

Clippers wouldn't be an easy out at all, but it's a no-brainer if the Spurs can avoid OKC..

This. Especially Jackson and Fisher light up when they play the Spurs - allowing KD to cruise vs SAS. Against their athletic perimeter, there's nowhere to hide Manu (except vs Fisher). Small ball with Durant at PF will take Splitter off the court - SAS' defense suffers. LAC look terrible without Paul on the court. No athleticism on the perimeter.

Budkin
05-11-2014, 09:32 PM
I don't want any part of OKC tbh. I think we have at least a chance since we have HCA but we'll have to play perfect and I just don't see that happening.

bigfan
05-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Mox nix.

benfti
05-11-2014, 09:55 PM
:lolno lyfe scrub posted that in the clubas someone who has nearly 15k posts in a little under 18 months most of them trolling. I don't think you are in a position to comment on who does or doesn't have a life champ.

RD2191
05-11-2014, 09:56 PM
as someone who has nearly 15k posts in a little under 18 months most of them trolling. I don't think you are in a position to comment on who does or doesn't have a life champ.
:lolI own multiple businesses, scrub. What I do on my time is my business. If I wanna post all day on ST then I will.

benfti
05-11-2014, 10:04 PM
:lolI own multiple businesses, scrub. What I do on my time is my business. If I wanna post all day on ST then I will.I'm not sure how it works where your are from, but here having a couple of dealers does not constitute "business" essey

SayTown
05-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Doesn't matter. Fate, Destiny.

EIC
05-11-2014, 11:25 PM
I like cats, tbh.

Nathan89
05-11-2014, 11:49 PM
I want nothing to do with OKC for many different reasons. Two fast pgs, Size in Perkins to put on Duncan, Durant's abilities plus how fragile the refs treat him, and Ibaka's mid-range shot is too consistent.

On the other hand Splitter and Diaw can guard Griffin pretty well. The team is very dependent on one player Chris Paul so it's should be easier to stop. Hack-a-Deandre is always available to stop their offense and to help lead comebacks.

rascal
05-12-2014, 04:28 AM
I want OK City. Let's see how good the spurs really are.

Jimcs50
05-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Spurs in five games ( Wed )
Clipps/OKC in six games ( Thurs ) What rest?

Actually, that would be two whole days rest without any travel. If that other series ended on Thursday like you predict, then that team would have to fly back from LA on Thursday night, then play Sat in SA. The Spurs woulf have had almost twice the rest of their opponent. That is what I mean, in saying worst case, if Spurs end on Wednesday, they still get rest.

Jimcs50
05-12-2014, 08:05 AM
If Spurs close it out tonight, then they will have 4 days off at least, maybe 6. Do we really want 6 days off when the Spurs are playing their best bball of the year?

tmtcsc
05-12-2014, 08:16 AM
The Spurs are better than the Clips and OKC. Beating OKC and ending their playoff hopes would be sweeter in my opinion than beating an up and coming Clipper team. There's no doubt OKC has the mental edge and confidence on us right now but the Spurs will have the motivational edge on them. I've been saying this all year - our team is built to beat them - no matter the regular season results. As long as they take care of the ball and don't let them get off with transition baskets, they'll be fine. It's the tougher challenge- no doubt.

NO FEAR.

Jimcs50
05-12-2014, 08:20 AM
The Spurs are better than the Clips and OKC. Beating OKC and ending their playoff hopes would be sweeter in my opinion than beating an up and coming Clipper team. There's no doubt OKC has the mental edge and confidence on us right now but the Spurs will have the motivational edge on them. I've been saying this all year - our team is built to beat them - no matter the regular season results. As long as they take care of the ball and don't let them get off with transition baskets, they'll be fine. It's the tougher challenge- no doubt.

NO FEAR.

Spurs would have easier time with OKC, the way the Spurs are playing right now. Just control 3 players, and they win. Clippers have six players that can hurt Spurs. They play much better team ball because the have a point guard that gets everyone involved in the offense.

Fireball
05-12-2014, 08:52 AM
If Spurs close it out tonight, then they will have 4 days off at least, maybe 6. Do we really want 6 days off when the Spurs are playing their best bball of the year? After seeing them last year where they had many days off before the Finals, I really like rest over rust tbh. I did not see a lack of execution after many days of rest. Right now I think the Spurs need some rest, because they are playing every other day for over a week now ...

Jimcs50
05-12-2014, 08:54 AM
After seeing them last year where they had many days off before the Finals, I really like rest over rust tbh. I did not see a lack of execution after many days of rest. Right now I think the Spurs need some rest, because they are playing every other day for over a week now ...

I think the rust contributed to their missing two FTs, and two defensive rebounds in last 30 secs of game 6.

:p:

Fireball
05-12-2014, 09:00 AM
I think the rust contributed to their missing two FTs, and two defensive rebounds in last 30 secs of game 6.

:p: the rest came before game 1, not game 6 ...

Aremid
05-12-2014, 09:09 AM
I want OK City. Let's see how good the spurs really are.
Not good enough man. Dallas took us to 7 w scrubs on their roster. Okc will sweep us. Pray for the clippers!

Jimcs50
05-12-2014, 09:11 AM
the rest came before game 1, not game 6 ...

Really???? I was not aware.

:rollin

Fireball
05-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Really???? I was not aware.

:rollinwell, I was not aware what a funny guy you are ...

Captivus
05-12-2014, 09:46 AM
I want the Clippers in the finals, not OKC.

littlecoyotecoin
05-12-2014, 09:52 AM

Rob, while I am more of a dog person, I generally enjoy your schtick on the board. Therefore, I will give you some honest advice:

Because you are willing to get evicted, you hold all the cards. (Not that I necessarily think that is wise, to allow eviction.) I believe the best solution is to kill the management with kindness. Say very little of meaning. Apologize. Tell them you have gotten rid of the cats. Find a friend that can keep them when you are not at home for the next few weeks. Bring them home in after hours, when pest control people won't be making "random" entry into the apartment, etc. Remove all evidence of cats and a week or so from now schedule further maintenance of the unit, twice would be good so they increase their chances of exchanging a directive to search for evidence of cats and a report back on presence or lack thereof.

After a couple of weeks you sereptitiously move them back in. Live life as you have been. Every once in a while schedule another maintenance appointment so that you can control, to an extent, what they see in the apartment. Obviously, the cats won't be there on the maintenance day.

What does all this do? It is a lot of work.

You are really just buying time. Every day and week that passes increases the liklihood that the management will turn over. Apartment management comes and goes almost as often as waitstaff. If you can play brinksmanship with eviction long enough, your problem may disappear with the management.

"If you sit by the river long enough, the body of your enemy will float by..."

Even if the management doesn't leave, you may fall off their radar. Then if an exterminator comes in and sees the cats he will exterminate and leave, without reporting, because he hasn't been specifically asked to check, etc. He doesnt know or care who has paid the deposit. He will just assume you have. The management will have more pressing matters arise if you give it time.

Of course, after all of this, you may still get evicted, but you might as well make it difficult on them. Even if you get caught a second time, you may have options. They might not evict you, even then. Eviction isn't just the stroke of a pen. It is a lenghty process that they would rather not undertake.

boutons_deux
05-12-2014, 11:20 AM
OKC - SAS would be the 2nd I35 rivalry in these playoffs for the Spurs.

Brunodf
05-12-2014, 12:26 PM
OKC

Jimcs50
05-12-2014, 12:27 PM
well, I was not aware what a funny guy you are ...

well, ask around, I'm hilarious.

:)

Horry Hipcheck
05-12-2014, 04:06 PM
If the Clips want to win their series they have to win Game 5, tbh. There's no way in hell they win two elimination games, one of which being a Game 7 in OKC.

I'd prefer the easier path to the Finals, but the Spurs are going to get OKC and frankly I don't really understand this forum's bloodlust at the prospect of "revenge". OKC is a nightmare and unless Pop has been withholding a new strategy for dealing with them and their defensive intensity, they'll tear the Spurs apart.

VBM
05-14-2014, 12:04 AM
Y'all still want that shot at revenge against OKC? http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/sabu.png

mVp
05-14-2014, 12:07 AM
Y'all still want that shot at revenge against OKC? http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/sabu.png

We just need to be up 20 in the last minute, refs can't take the win away from us that way...

VBM
05-14-2014, 12:17 AM
We just need to be up 20 in the last minute, refs can't take the win away from us that way...

Kawhi's going to average 15 min a game due to foul trouble...no way we'll be up 20 at any point

nbaman99
05-15-2014, 01:05 AM
Lets hope and pray clippers win tomorrow so they can go to game 7