PDA

View Full Version : NBA: I'm starting to develop this funny feeling, OKC vs Indiana will be in the Finals

RsxPiimp
05-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Indiana has turned the corner. Hibbert is beasting at the right time, and they are finally playing like they care. I think they finally beat Miami. Lebron will have an amazing series but that's pretty much it for Miami though, this season at least.

OKC is a horrible match up for the Spurs. Sure they're playing like champs againts Portland, but I mean any real contender would, right? (Lol @ Houston fwiw) but OKC have the Spurs numbers, remember the back door sweep? :lol Both Durant and Westbrook and even Ibaka are playing at surreal levels. You simply can't stop them.

You just can't explain these kind of thoughts, but if you're a betting man, make sure you put your $$$ on OKC.

Durant, da dude is about to put one of the best season by any player to date. With a Regular Season MVP, Championship and FMVP this season, why argue?

RobbyH
05-11-2014, 02:57 PM
indiana looks mighty good against the powerhouse wizards

TIMMYtoZO
05-11-2014, 04:52 PM
:lol The Haters getting that hope up especially after Miami lost their first playoff game.

hater
05-11-2014, 04:59 PM
:lmao Indiana would still get swept in round 1 vs any team in the west :lol

Miami cakewalk to the Finals

StrengthAndHonor
05-11-2014, 05:15 PM
YES!!! :lol@ blowing a 16 pt lead

dg7md
05-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Bump material in the next few weeks.

DMX7
05-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Bump material in the next few weeks.

Pretty much setup perfectly for that.

StrengthAndHonor
05-11-2014, 09:54 PM
OKC blew their chances tbh :lol Scott Brooks is such a horrible coach.

Indiana is looking good.

RsxPiimp
05-11-2014, 10:35 PM
:lol The Haters getting that hope up especially after Miami lost their first playoff game.

Nah bro, I ain't hating on Miami. If there's one team I hate it's the Pacers or the Clippers at this point.

It's just so obvious, we both know this is the year Indiana beats Miami. It's just a cycle.

And OKC has the Spurs number in the playoffs.

RsxPiimp
05-11-2014, 10:38 PM
indiana looks mighty good against the powerhouse wizards

You have to still give them credit. The Wizards were playing on a different level until Indiana woke the fuck up and rattled the shit out of that young squad. I said the Wiz are not an ECF team and people at the Wiz-Pacers thread were celebrating after the Wiz Game 1 win. :lol

Sean Cagney
05-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Nah bro, I ain't hating on Miami. If there's one team I hate it's the Pacers or the Clippers at this point.

It's just so obvious, we both know this is the year Indiana beats Miami. It's just a cycle.

And OKC has the Spurs number in the playoffs.
OKC met the Spurs one time in the playoffs. I DOUBT Indy beats Miami either, not saying it can't happen but I seriously doubt it.

RsxPiimp
05-11-2014, 10:42 PM
OKC met the Spurs one time in the playoffs. I DOUBT Indy beats Miami either, not saying it can't happen but I seriously doubt it.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. It was backdoor sweep IIRC. The Thunder were also younger then, we're pretty much seeing a prime RW, Durant and Ibaka play together. I like the Spurs, but tis not their season.

Sean Cagney
05-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Yes, that's what I'm saying. It was backdoor sweep IIRC. The Thunder were also younger then, we're pretty much seeing a prime RW, Durant and Ibaka play together. I like the Spurs, but tis not their season.

Time will tell, Harden was there as well and he was one of the players that killed them in that series. Indy was far too shaky in the second half of the year and round one for me to believe they can beat the Heat, until I see them actually do it I don't think they will.

BTW You are an LA fan? NO way you like the Spurs :lol.

Josh810
05-11-2014, 11:26 PM
I know you said funny feeling, but is there any chance you meant to say retarded?

Ghazi
05-12-2014, 01:29 AM
Nobody cares about your feelings

TDMVPDPOY
05-12-2014, 08:31 AM
OP is this the same feeling when i fck u in the ass? dont be a faggot with these premature ejaculation threads

RsxPiimp
05-12-2014, 08:49 AM
OP is this the same feeling when i fck u in the ass? dont be a faggot with these premature ejaculation threads

Honestly, I don't understand half of what you're sayin home boy :lol there's going to be a massive meltdown coming in the next 2 weeks.

PingPong
05-12-2014, 11:22 AM
I don't give a fuck about EC

daslicer
05-12-2014, 12:05 PM
I wonder if the league will allow Pacers-Thunder to happen. I can only imagine Silver crying knowing the ratings will be terrible. Hell I look forward to seeing the tears on Stephen A Smith's face when he realizes he will be stuck reporting in two shit holes for a few weeks.

StrengthAndHonor
05-12-2014, 12:13 PM
I wonder if the league will allow Pacers-Thunder to happen. I can only imagine Silver crying knowing the ratings will be terrible. Hell I look forward to seeing the tears on Stephen A Smith's face when he realizes he will be stuck reporting in two shit holes for a few weeks.
But why not? We've seen horrible match-ups in the Finals before. Ideally, a Spurs-Heat followed by the Clippers-Heat series would probably bring the most revenue, but Durant is at his brightest, the league is going hard marketing him to casual NBA fans. Anything with his ugly mug in the Finals would sell at this point.

Beaverfuzz
05-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Nobody gives a shit what you think.

Katherine Robinson
05-12-2014, 12:40 PM

If the three Texas teams had a finals series with the Heat, the Spurs would produce the lowest ratings with a static Heat team.

daslicer
05-12-2014, 01:36 PM
If the three Texas teams had a finals series with the Heat, the Spurs would produce the lowest ratings with a static Heat team.

Yes the spurs usually get low ratings except for last year. My point was would the league allow two small market teams to meet up in the finals knowing the ratings would be terrible. I know some will say it happened in '07 with the Spurs and Cavs but Cleveland is actually a top 20 market while neither OKC or Indiana are in the top 20. Personally if it happens I will laugh knowing how much complaining the media will throw out about how the finals are boring.

daslicer
05-12-2014, 01:45 PM
But why not? We've seen horrible match-ups in the Finals before. Ideally, a Spurs-Heat followed by the Clippers-Heat series would probably bring the most revenue, but Durant is at his brightest, the league is going hard marketing him to casual NBA fans. Anything with his ugly mug in the Finals would sell at this point.

I don't think Durant is as marketable as people think he is. He's getting a big push by the league and the media mainly because their is so much hatred out there for Lebron. The media has basically billed him as an anti-Lebron and the casual fans have ate up the propaganda. If you read other message boards responses about Durant winning MVP you will see a lot of fans screaming "Atleast he's classy unlike Lebron" or that he's better than Lebron. There is not much responses about how he is a great player but more so that he is anti-Lebron. If Durant goes to the finals and doesn't play Lebron than nobody will care to watch him since he has no marketable identity outside of being paired with Lebron.

05-12-2014, 02:34 PM
OKC beat us ONE time in the playoffs. That's hardly any indication that they have our number.

Katherine Robinson
05-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Yes the spurs usually get low ratings except for last year. My point was would the league allow two small market teams to meet up in the finals knowing the ratings would be terrible. I know some will say it happened in '07 with the Spurs and Cavs but Cleveland is actually a top 20 market while neither OKC or Indiana are in the top 20. Personally if it happens I will laugh knowing how much complaining the media will throw out about how the finals are boring.

Last year was more the Heat's doing, as I believe the Mavs produced better ratings in 2011. Also, OKC vs Heat produced slightly better ratings at first glance.

ImDaNuts
05-12-2014, 04:32 PM
OKC vs Heat is in the script.

daslicer
05-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Last year was more the Heat's doing, as I believe the Mavs produced better ratings in 2011. Also, OKC vs Heat produced slightly better ratings at first glance.

Did you even bother to read what I was saying. Again deflecting. The heat vs anybody will get high ratings. I doubt OKC will get high ratings in the finals unless they play the Heat. That was pretty much the point I made in the previous post.

Katherine Robinson
05-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Did you even bother to read what I was saying. Again deflecting. The heat vs anybody will get high ratings. I doubt OKC will get high ratings in the finals unless they play the Heat. That was pretty much the point I made in the previous post.

A whole point, Das?