PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Scott Brooks..

Malik Hairston
05-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Wow, how the fuck does this nigga still have a job, tbh?..

As JVG repeated like 12 times, Danny Granger was on the floor for like 8 minutes in the 4th, yet the Thunder kept allowing Griffin/Paul/Collison to shoot..Granger, one of the worst players in the NBA, took 1 fucking shot in this stretch:lol..

Last possession of the game, Thunder with 0 timeouts and only 2 seconds between the shot clock and game clock, yet they don't foul:lol..luckily, Clippers shot early and missed, but still, unreal..

rogues
05-11-2014, 05:21 PM
He gets 70% of the blame..other 30% goes to Kevin Durant..how the fuck are you going to let a midget guard you?..

ImDaNuts
05-11-2014, 05:22 PM
It's un fucking believable. KD matched up with a 6'0 guard and not even getting any shots in the last 3 possessions. Tom Rivers changes his defensive schemes and makes the adjustments and Brooks sitting there twiddling his fucking thumbs. No off the ball movement or scripted plays by Brooks....typical.

Malik Hairston
05-11-2014, 05:24 PM
It was pretty funny listening to Van Gundy point out all the adjustments OKC should have been making, tbh:lol..

He's probably hoping Brooks get fired, good job opportunity..if not for him, then for his brother..

freetiago
Darren Pargo tbh

HemisfairArena
Its gonna suck when this guy outcoaches Popovich in the WCF's,,,,again. Brooks is a joke like Mike Brown with LeBron.

Malik Hairston
05-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Doug Collins just repeated it on the postgame show:lol..

Just unbelievable coaching..he couldn't call a timeout and instruct his team? Or even tell them during a stop? It's really not that complicated to help off a player, the Spurs did it against Tayshaun Prince for the entire Memphis series, last year..

ElNono
05-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Its gonna suck when this guy outcoaches Popovich in the WCF's,,,,again. Brooks is a joke like Mike Brown with LeBron.

sup DMC

Clipper Nation
05-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Come on Harlem, you're better than this.... Durbeta chokes when guarded by a six-foot-nothing point guard and it's Brooks' fault? Just because Media blames Brooks and Westbrook for every MethKC loss doesn't mean it actually is always all their fault :lol

jeebus
05-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Brooks and the thunder are a match made in heaven imo.

Malik Hairston
05-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Danny Granger is one of the 10 worst perimeter players in the NBA, tbh..the Clippers got away with having him on the floor for 8-9 minutes in the 4th, and OKC only forced him to take 1 fucking shot attempt, while allowing Griffin/Paul to shoot and Collison to penetrate without resistance..

The help defender should have been doubling/closing hard for the entire quarter, as JVG and Collins said..

Blame Durant, but this thread is about some of the worst coaching you'll ever see in a big playoff game..

djohn2oo8
05-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Brooks = McHale.

rogues
05-11-2014, 05:41 PM
:lol Brooks at the podium right now..

:cry "both teams competed and played hard!" :cry

rogues
05-11-2014, 05:42 PM
"it was physical out there!"

ElNono
05-11-2014, 05:43 PM
"it was physical out there!"

what frames is he wearing, tbh? Do they match the tie color?

Brunodf
05-11-2014, 05:45 PM
This

Clipper Nation
05-11-2014, 05:47 PM
:lol If Durbeta had any semblance of a post game, this would have been a MethKC win, yet people are blaming Brooks instead of Durbeta?

rogues
05-11-2014, 05:47 PM
what frames is he wearing, tbh? Do they match the tie color?
I didn't look. Probably do. He cares more about looking like some middle aged faggy hipster than actually being a coach.

sook
05-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Darren Pargo tbh

:lol Paul bailed out again.

ElNono
05-11-2014, 05:49 PM
I didn't look. Probably do. He cares more about looking like some middle aged faggy hipster than actually being a coach.

:lol

Malik Hairston
05-11-2014, 05:49 PM
I don't know why people keep talking about Durant's offense vs. Paul when the Clippers scored 38 points in the 4th quarter..the problem was clearly defense/horrible defensive strategy..

Again, I don't give a shit if people blame Durant, players always get blamed and rightfully so, but allowing 38 in the 4th quarter was the major issue in this game..

How do you allow Danny Granger, a nigga with a 3 PER in the playoffs and a 36% TS percentage, to sit on the perimeter for 8-9 minutes, and decide to keep the defender glued to him, rather than helping off and forcing him to beat you instead of Griffin/Paul and the hot man(Collison, who wouldn't have had the driving lanes if OKC had been sagging off Granger)?..

ElNono
05-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Westbrook being in foul trouble also was a factor... he couldn't try to block Collison in a couple plays at the end... but that's why every game is different, tbh

DMC
05-11-2014, 05:54 PM
sup DMC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665)

Not me

Thebesteva
05-11-2014, 05:54 PM
According to ESPN LA, he's pretty much done if he doesnt win a championship this year

HemisfairArena
05-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Not me

Don't lie,,,,

DMC
05-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Don't lie,,,,

I don't use the ellipses.

ElNono
Not me

Probably Sybok then... :lol

Franklin
Brooks is just a real life version of Justin Hammer imho, both clowns.

HemisfairArena
05-11-2014, 05:58 PM
According to ESPN LA, he's pretty much done if he doesnt win a championship this year

Ollie will be the next Thunder coach after they fail to win it all this year. OKC guarantee's Durant stays with that hire and its why Laker fans want Ollie badly in LA.

Clipper Nation
05-11-2014, 05:59 PM
I don't know why people keep talking about Durant's offense vs. Paul when the Clippers scored 38 points in the 4th quarter..the problem was clearly defense/horrible defensive strategy..
Dirk became known as a soft choker for years when Golden State successfully hounded him with smaller defenders, exposing the flaws in his game.... why should Durbeta get a pass?

HemisfairArena
05-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Probably Sybok then... :lol

You got me,,,,

UZER
05-11-2014, 06:11 PM

I said it awhile back....Phil is gonna wiggle his ass out of NY with some lame "they won't let me do what I need to" excuse, and will slide right into to OKC.

JohnnyMax
05-11-2014, 07:30 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199271/scottt.gif

Biernutz
05-11-2014, 07:36 PM
If OKC lose the series to the Clips Brooks is gone ......You can't fire the team...

KaiRMD1
05-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Thunder don't have a coach

Mugen
05-11-2014, 09:26 PM
i was very happy with his coaching today tbh.

TIMMYtoZO
05-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Ollie will be the next Thunder coach after they fail to win it all this year. OKC guarantee's Durant stays with that hire and its why Laker fans want Ollie badly in LA.

:lol A head coach isn't going to keep Durant in OKC. Durant is going to follow Lebron's footsteps. The city life is where it is at. OKC can't and won't lure in big names, doesn't have a good enough team as is, and won't find any elite gems in the late rounds like the Spurs were able to do. You still need elite talent to win and OKC simply doesn't have enough.

baseline bum
05-11-2014, 10:23 PM
:lol A head coach isn't going to keep Durant in OKC. Durant is going to follow Lebron's footsteps. The big market is where it is at. OKC can't and won't lure in big names, doesn't have a good enough team as is, and won't find any elite gems in the late rounds like the Spurs were able to do. You still need elite talent to win and OKC simply doesn't have enough.

Miami isn't a big market. Miami is the #16 TV market in the country. Cleveland-Akron is #17.

http://www.digitalsyndicate.tv/markets.html

StrengthAndHonor
05-12-2014, 12:05 PM
:lol A head coach isn't going to keep Durant in OKC. Durant is going to follow Lebron's footsteps. The city life is where it is at. OKC can't and won't lure in big names, doesn't have a good enough team as is, and won't find any elite gems in the late rounds like the Spurs were able to do. You still need elite talent to win and OKC simply doesn't have enough.
The "Big Market" argument doesn't fly anymore. The Lakers, Knicks can't even attract big time Free Agents like they used to. Smaller market teams has also offered more attainable performance based incentives. The league has always marketed its individual stars over a franchise.

Killakobe81
05-12-2014, 12:20 PM
The "Big Market" argument doesn't fly anymore. The Lakers, Knicks can't even attract big time Free Agents like they used to. Smaller market teams has also offered more attainable performance based incentives. The league has always marketed its individual stars over a franchise.

Don't think you can say that definitively, yet. When Knicks had cap space they signed Amare plus they attracted Melo, and forced a trade. The big market teams lack financial flexibility. If all things are equal still think NY, LA, Chicago have an advantage it's just not a option yet. LeBron considered NY even though they had been shitty. The fact that the big market teams are usually in the top five for FA's is an advantage.

Killakobe81
05-12-2014, 12:22 PM
But front office has to "close" Riley may be the best closer in the NBA. Not only did he for m Beatles with a inexperienced coach he refused to include Wade in Shaq deal.

lefty
05-12-2014, 12:27 PM
i was very happy with his coaching today tbh.
:lol

StrengthAndHonor
05-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Don't think you can say that definitively, yet. When Knicks had cap space they signed Amare plus they attracted Melo, and forced a trade. The big market teams lack financial flexibility. If all things are equal still think NY, LA, Chicago have an advantage it's just not a option yet. LeBron considered NY even though they had been shitty. The fact that the big market teams are usually in the top five for FA's is an advantage.
You're correct, it's not definite but times are changing. Team outlook and situation plays a much bigger role nowadays.

Killakobe81
05-12-2014, 01:23 PM
You're correct, it's not definite but times are changing. Team outlook and situation plays a much bigger role nowadays.

Fair enough. Cant disagree. Only way to truly compare is if everything is apples to apples.

Let's say:

Small market team A: (OKC, CLE, SA etc.) vs. Large market: (NY, LA, CHI)

Both teams has a resident young star: Wall, Kyrie

A competent coach: (Pop, RC, Tibbs) or both have shitty coaches

Similar cap space, similar records.

Great fan base: in both places.

To really know if times are changed if all things being equal they choose A or if B is not as a desirable if they still choose B that will tell us something. But that is so hard to judge. I really think the CBA could make your point more valid., tbh. Thing is new CBA has really changed things maybe stars would choose B still but the CBA makes that a less desirable choice, unless they draft that star. Few big stars are TRULY free agents. Dwight for example chose a smaller market and seems to be happy with the choice. But those circumstances were hardly similar.