PDA

View Full Version : Donald Sterling " I was "baited" into a "terrible mistake" CNN Interview tonight 5/12

Capster
05-12-2014, 03:23 PM
NBA commissioner Adam Silver banned Clippers owner Donald Sterling from the league for life and fined $2.5 million in the wake of Sterling's racist comments. Do you think this is enough or should he be forced to sell the Clippers?
(http://espn.go.com/nba/feature/index?page=sterling-investigation)

benefactor
05-12-2014, 03:28 PM
http://replygif.net/i/915.gif

Horry Hipcheck
05-12-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm seriously over Donald Sterling. A part of me takes issue with that gold digger girlfriend of his violating his privacy like she did, but more than anything I'm just sick of him. It's 2014, if you're still saying shitty, racist things like that then you need to develop cancer and die. None of that "well let's hear his side of it and try and understand his point of view". No. The NBA doesn't have time to poisonous people like him tarnishing its image, and we as a species need to be so far beyond that kind of petty bullshit that I'm glad the NBA dropped the hammer on him and I don't ever want to hear another thing about it.

SnakeBoy
05-12-2014, 04:52 PM
I think if the guy spends more time apologizing and reaching out to the community then he should be forgiven. He just made dumb comments, it's not like he raped someone. If he can't be forgiven the same one strike and your out forever rule should be applied to black athletes.

Capster
05-12-2014, 04:54 PM
http://images.kdramastars.com/data/images/full/48967/david-sterling-banned-from-nba-for-racial-slurs.jpg?w=600

Capster
05-12-2014, 04:59 PM
In response to the 2003 suit, one of his property supervisors testified that Sterling said all blacks "smell" and are "not clean," (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4187729) that he wanted to "get them out" of his properties to preserve his image, and that he harassed tenants and refused to make repairs until they were forced to leave, according to depositions.
(http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4187729)

DarrinS
05-12-2014, 05:02 PM

This

MultiTroll
05-12-2014, 05:03 PM
I think if the guy spends more time apologizing and reaching out to the community then he should be forgiven. He just made dumb comments, it's not like he raped someone. If he can't be forgiven the same one strike and your out forever rule should be applied to black athletes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhJfdWxpI2Q

Mikeanaro
05-12-2014, 05:23 PM
:lol

Mugen
05-12-2014, 05:44 PM
If Capster is a troll, he's easily one of the best ST trolls of all time tbh.

Splits
05-12-2014, 05:46 PM

She isn't.

Capster
05-12-2014, 05:50 PM

LOL!!!! NOT a troll, LOVE the SPURS.....can't wait for the game to begin....UGH! 3.5 hours to wait! He is a she!!!!

Mugen
05-12-2014, 05:54 PM
I wish you were a troll, Cap. It'd be easier for everybody tbh.

RD2191
05-12-2014, 05:55 PM
LOL!!!! NOT a troll, LOVE the SPURS.....can't wait for the game to begin....UGH! 3.5 hours to wait! He is a she!!!!
Tits or gtfo.

Malik Hairston
05-12-2014, 06:44 PM

Are you White, boy?..

Clipper Nation
05-12-2014, 06:46 PM
:lol Let's be real, people actually want Sterling to stay only so all the players and Doc will leave and the Clippers will go back to sucking.... unfortunately for the haters, he doesn't have a choice, he will have to sell eventually....

jag
05-12-2014, 06:47 PM

It's not like he raped someone, I saidddddddddddddd

Malik Hairston
05-12-2014, 06:47 PM
I wonder if Tom Rivers is still secretly maintaining a relationship with his Massa Sterling, tbh..

Clipper Nation
05-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Are you retarded? It's not one strike, it's 30 years of constant strikes.... now that the sycophant commissioner and his crony owner friends are all gone, he's finally out....

jag
05-12-2014, 06:51 PM
You know you got a strong ass take when a supporting argument for that take is, "it's not like he raped someone."

DPG21920
05-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Are you retarded? It's not one strike, it's 30 years of constant strikes.... now that the sycophant commissioner and his crony owner friends are all gone, he's finally out....

No it's not. Commissioner Silver was asked very directly if any past transgressions were considered and he said no. He said it was just the tape he considered when handing down the 2M fine and ban for life.

ohmwrecker
05-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Yeah . . . but, let's be honest, the NBA was pretty happy about that tape.

05-12-2014, 07:03 PM

ElNono
05-12-2014, 07:04 PM
You know you got a strong ass take when a supporting argument for that take is, "it's not like he raped someone."

Sterling rapedPERIOD

weeks
05-12-2014, 07:05 PM
you can't get baited into being a racist piece of shit.

i don't wanna hear all this crying from his wife either, about how it's unfair they're taking ownership away. you dumb bitch, there's zero chance you lived with him all these years and never knew. if you own a McDonalds and you start acting a fool, Ronald's gonna come take those signs down and cut you off.

these old racist fucks and their damage control. smdh

Capster
05-12-2014, 07:05 PM

OMG.....shit for brains, tbh. Sterling has been a racist asshole for years.

05-12-2014, 07:06 PM
No it's not. Commissioner Silver was asked very directly if any past transgressions were considered and he said no. He said it was just the tape he considered when handing down the 2M fine and ban for life.

We both know that's not true though

jag
05-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Sterling rapedPERIOD

DPG21920
05-12-2014, 07:11 PM
you can't get baited into being a racist piece of shit.

i don't wanna hear all this crying from his wife either, about how it's unfair they're taking ownership away. you dumb bitch, there's zero chance you lived with him all these years and never knew. if you own a McDonalds and you start acting a fool, Ronald's gonna come take those signs down and cut you off.

these old racist fucks and their damage control. smdh

So are you mad at Doc Rivers and CP3 for basically being like Sterling's wife? They took his money, made themselves rich knowing full well the man they were working for.

weeks
So are you mad at Doc Rivers and CP3 for basically being like Sterling's wife? They took his money, made themselves rich knowing full well the man they were working for.

I think they're a bunch of uncle toms tbh

DPG21920
We both know that's not true though

Well, that's what he said. Are you saying that the commissioner of the NBA lied to the American people right to their faces? I wonder if a judge is going to feel that way too..

DPG21920
05-12-2014, 07:12 PM
I think they're a bunch of uncle toms tbh

weeks

jag
05-12-2014, 07:24 PM
:lol what DPG won't say, he'll have you say. You're all just pawns in DPG's little game. And I do mean little

DPG21920
05-12-2014, 07:27 PM
:lol what DPG won't say, he'll have you say. You're all just pawns in DPG's little game. And I do mean little

I was the first one to call out Doc/NBA about their role in this on ST

Mugen
05-12-2014, 07:30 PM

jag
05-12-2014, 07:31 PM

:lol I know. I think I was in that thread. Take it easy, Point Guard.

DPG21920
05-12-2014, 07:33 PM
SpursT loves short jokes. I think I should become a comedian. All I would have to do is go on stage and stand there for a little while. And I do mean a little while. It would be a short set.

Mugen
05-12-2014, 07:40 PM
SpursT loves short jokes. I think I should become a comedian. All I would have to do is go on stage and stand there for a little while. And I do mean a little while. It would be a short set.

Hehe.

The Reckoning
05-12-2014, 07:41 PM
ohhhhh no he's banned but gets to keep his billions. i'd love to be banned from the NBA and have billions.

Clipper Nation
05-12-2014, 07:50 PM

He has to say that for legal reasons, but if someone that didn't have 30 years' history of embarrassing the league and being a disgusting slumlord was on that tape instead of Sterling, I highly doubt the punishment would have been anywhere near as severe :lol

Clipper Nation
05-12-2014, 07:54 PM

It's a dumb point no matter who's making it - by that logic, every black NBA player is an Uncle Tom because Sterling was making bank off revenue sharing, TV, and merchandise even without his team being involved :lol

Also, every black NBA fan is an Uncle Tom too since they're supporting a league that would have him as an owner and financially supporting him :lol

Where the finger really should be pointed at is Sterling himself for being a piece of shit, tbh.... anyone else getting blamed is just a deflection....

DPG21920
05-12-2014, 08:09 PM
It's a dumb point no matter who's making it - by that logic, every black NBA player is an Uncle Tom because Sterling was making bank off revenue sharing, TV, and merchandise even without his team being involved :lol

Also, every black NBA fan is an Uncle Tom too since they're supporting a league that would have him as an owner and financially supporting him :lol

Where the finger really should be pointed at is Sterling himself for being a piece of shit, tbh.... anyone else getting blamed is just a deflection....

That is terrible logic, but it's ok.

Clipper Nation
05-12-2014, 08:12 PM
That is terrible logic, but it's ok.

How so? Every black person associated with the NBA between 1981 and 2014 was helping Sterling make money in one way or another - either they're all Uncle Toms or none of them are, you can't pick and choose....

DPG21920
05-12-2014, 08:13 PM
How so? Every black person associated with the NBA between 1981 and 2014 was helping Sterling make money in one way or another - either they're all Uncle Toms or none of them are, you can't pick and choose....

This is like a way worse, not as well thought out version of what I try to do :lol. Only difference is I do it knowingly to rile people up.

ElNono
05-12-2014, 08:14 PM

Clipper Nation
05-12-2014, 08:23 PM
This is like a way worse, not as well thought out version of what I try to do :lol. Only difference is I do it knowingly to rile people up.
And I do it while not being a midget :downspin:

DPG21920
05-12-2014, 08:35 PM
And I do it while not being a midget :downspin:

Well, I'm a tiny bit better at it. With a little practice the learning curve is drastically shortened.

05-12-2014, 08:40 PM
"He has AIDs" :lmao

Clipper Nation
05-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Well, I'm a tiny bit better at it. With a little practice the learning curve is drastically shortened.

SnakeBoy
05-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Are you White, boy?..

Yes but that doesn't influence my view at all. I'm very sensitive to the plight of the black man in this country. In fact I was recently in New Orleans and on almost every street corner there were black men offering to clean my sneakers for $5. It's a shame they have stoop to that level in this country just to get by. I felt so bad for them I let all them clean my sneakers even though they were already clean and I gave each of them an extra dollar. The only exception was this one guy who wanted me to take them off so he wouldn't have to kneel down on the ground to clean them, I'm pretty sure he was going to run off with my sneakers.

So you see I'm not coming from any racist point of view when I say Sterling should be allowed to earn forgiveness. Much like we let Vick be forgiven for his much more serious mistakes.

Clipper Nation
05-12-2014, 08:53 PM
So you see I'm not coming from any racist point of view when I say Sterling should be allowed to earn forgiveness.
He's had the chance to earn forgiveness.... instead, he showed zero remorse at first, then issued a joke of an "apology," and is now saying even worse shit on CNN :lol

Old faggot Sterling doesn't even have a clue how to start to earn forgiveness, and he probably still doesn't think he's done anything wrong....

DesignatedT
05-12-2014, 08:55 PM
This fuckers 80 years old. wgaf what he thinks.

Capster
05-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Sterling on CNN interview giving jabs to Magic Johnson! Yah......that is really going to help his case!!!

ElNono
05-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Yes but that doesn't influence my view at all. I'm very sensitive to the plight of the black man in this country. In fact I was recently in New Orleans and on almost every street corner there were black men offering to clean my sneakers for $5. It's a shame they have stoop to that level in this country just to get by. I felt so bad for them I let all them clean my sneakers even though they were already clean and I gave each of them an extra dollar. The only exception was this one guy who wanted me to take them off so he wouldn't have to kneel down on the ground to clean them, I'm pretty sure he was going to run off with my sneakers.

So you see I'm not coming from any racist point of view when I say Sterling should be allowed to earn forgiveness. Much like we let Vick be forgiven for his much more serious mistakes.

You're nobody until you get offered a NAACP lifetime achievement award, tbh

Prime Time
05-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Sterling's comments were bad, but lets take this for what it is - this is not the NBA being 'fair' and 'logical', this is strictly a business move and the league will treat it as such.

You're trying to tell me the NBA is okay with players pleading guilty to sexual assault (referring to Ruben Patterson, before people cry 'Kobe is innocent :cry'), bringing guns to the locker-room, taking illegal drugs, etc. but it's all okay because the fans won't make a big deal out of it. Why? because players bring entertainment, they're the fuel that keeps this machine running.

However, no one gives a shit about Sterling. And now that he's officially a racist, fans everywhere are balling their eyes out and now the NBA has to give him the boot before they lose a substantial amount of profit via protesters. It's a business move, there's nothing 'morally' correct about this considering what the NBA has aloud before.

It was the same situation with the Firefox CEO being homophobic, and all of his employees cried ":cry:cry:cry firefox pws :cry:cry:cry we don't wanna work for a bigot :cry:cry:cry"

Even :lolKCupid got involved.

cd021
05-12-2014, 10:29 PM

Vick went to prison for a couple of years and lost millions and is one of the most hated athletes in america. Check ESPN conversation after any story relating to Vick. 85% of the 1000+ comments are purely negative. Sterling is going to sell for $1 billion and live out his days in luxury.

Sterling only asked for forgiveness after it caused an uproar and got him banned. When did he appleogies for discrimating against minorities when refusing to rent to them. Not mention the claims made by Baylor (seriously, even if a quarter of that stuff is true, he should have been banned).

cd021
05-12-2014, 10:32 PM

black employees
the fans (one of the most diverse fan bases in the NBA)
the league
sponsors

people can't be excused because of their age. If they are racists they need to be called out on it. Its 2014 this stuff shouldn't be an issue.

cd021
05-12-2014, 10:40 PM

Truth.

MultiTroll
05-12-2014, 11:08 PM
Sterling on CNN interview giving jabs to Magic Johnson! Yah......that is really going to help his case!!!
Lets hear what he has to say further.
Sterling said Magic initiated a call to him and said "Do nothing. I know the girl. I will call you back."
Next thing bitch Magic is trying to buy the team?

Sounds like pure phony Magic to me.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-13-2014, 01:22 AM

That is because he is not an idiot and understand this is going to be litigated. There is nothing but hearsay regarding his past comments.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-13-2014, 01:25 AM

:lol How I wish you were trolling. He told his assistant to not bring black people into his business. It is what it is.

Mikeanaro
05-13-2014, 01:26 AM
Terrible mistake, like taking a big dump and realize there is no toilette paper around.

Budkin
05-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Sterling rapedPERIOD

:lmao

Budkin
05-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Terrible mistake, like taking a big dump and realize there is no toilette paper around.

Or worse...

NwcVJMvVWDA

MannyIsGod
05-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Can't wait to drop the "at least I didn't rape" excuse in the future when I fuck up.

TampaDude
05-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Or worse...

NwcVJMvVWDA

Mikeanaro
05-13-2014, 05:03 PM
Or worse...

NwcVJMvVWDA
LMAO, and he canīt even shave it was a TERRIBLE MISTAKE!

moisaenz
05-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Nowadays forgiveness is a one way street he can apologize all he wants..

Capster
05-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Donald Sterling throwing Magic Johnson under the bus to make himself look better? I cannot believe what a totally ignorant, arrogant jackass Sterling really is.
He made his situation much worse by the nonsense he spoke on CNN.
Magic Johnson is being interviewed right now on CNN.

cd021
05-13-2014, 09:45 PM
Can't wait to drop the "at least I didn't rape" excuse in the future when I fuck up.

Definitely something I learned from this thread:lol

cd021
05-13-2014, 09:51 PM
Donald Sterling throwing Magic Johnson under the bus to make himself look better? I cannot believe what a totally ignorant, arrogant jackass Sterling really is.
He made his situation much worse by the nonsense he spoke on CNN.
Magic Johnson is being interviewed right now on CNN.

The best part is when he questioned whether Magic does enough to help minorities. He apparently has no clue about Magic track record.

Sterling on other hand got a massive fine for refusing to rent to minorities and reportedly wanted a white coach to coach black boys from the south.

james evans
05-14-2014, 12:55 AM
old rich racist white man? i'm not shocked. most of the spurs fans up here are racist too so it's no big deal to me. people are who they are and hate is taught. i won't pray for them though. people can continue to pray to their white jesus to help these bigots, i won't.

Capster
05-15-2014, 04:36 PM

I don't care how old he is.......there is NO Excuse for making these kinds of comments. He is wealthy and that goes with power. The least he could have done is talked to his attorney OR someone with half a brain prior to going into the CNN interview. Obviously he was speaking from the hip and dug himself into an even DEEPER Hole!

DesignatedT
05-15-2014, 04:55 PM
I don't care how old he is.......there is NO Excuse for making these kinds of comments. He is wealthy and that goes with power. The least he could have done is talked to his attorney OR someone with half a brain prior to going into the CNN interview. Obviously he was speaking from the hip and dug himself into an even DEEPER Hole!

It's not an excuse. It's saying that who gives a shit what he thinks. All the pub it's getting is retarded.

Splits
05-15-2014, 05:09 PM
http://i6.minus.com/jIjNQTp6QeuBn_e.jpg

Capster
05-15-2014, 05:25 PM
It's not an excuse. It's saying that who gives a shit what he thinks. All the pub it's getting is retarded.

It is not retarded - YOU are! Dip Shits like Sterling need to be exposed as the idiots that they are. That is done through the media.....duh! Then to throw Magic under the bus is despicable at best. I am homing that the NBA will take the Clippers away from him and find a owner that is worthy of having a great team.....and soon!!! With all his money....he should have had some "work done" on that pretty face!

http://media.salon.com/2014/05/donald_sterling_interview.jpg

Mugen
05-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Just one lil smooch, Cap.

Galileo
05-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Just one lil smooch, Cap.

boutons_deux
05-15-2014, 06:20 PM
CNN interviewed sterling's Pimp, said it's. Well known he "likes women"

While condemning magic for screwing lots of women