PDA

View Full Version : When losing Game 4 after being up 3-0...

Amuseddaysleeper
05-13-2014, 12:48 AM
Spurs are undefeated all time in Game 5.

ElNono
05-13-2014, 12:49 AM
BTW, solid game thread tonight despite the loss, tbh :tu

Horry Hipcheck
05-13-2014, 12:54 AM
I'd be more concerned for 5 if this was any team other than the one the Spurs have destroyed for 3 out of the last 4 outings. Even if you take all the obvious signs of giving up on the game early, all the Spurs had to do was go 7-18 from deep instead of 3-18 and they win. How often do the Spurs shoot under 17% from three? Never mind shooting 58% from the FT line, too. A mailed in performance that would have been a close win if they'd just shot their average from deep. Series over.

Mugen
05-13-2014, 12:57 AM
Amused, you're back on the list. Solly Cholly.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-13-2014, 12:57 AM
BTW, solid game thread tonight despite the loss, tbh :tu

:lol

I'm very superstitious, probably wore the wrong pair of shorts tonight.

Maybe I should only stick to home game 7's!

ElNono
05-13-2014, 12:58 AM
If nobody beats me to it, I'll start the Game 5 thread tomorrow...

Mugen
05-13-2014, 12:59 AM
Does Manu have any pics where he poses like Melissa tbh?

ElNono
Does Manu have any pics where he poses like Melissa tbh?

I'm sure Chewbacca can get something done...

HI-FI

go for it. maybe your client will play lights out and not look like he's drunk.

ElNono
05-13-2014, 01:00 AM
go for it. maybe your client will play lights out and not look like he's drunk.

woha woha, slow down... I'll just start the thread, don't ask me for miracles... :lol

z0sa
05-13-2014, 01:00 AM
Bottom line of the big picture is, 3-0 night as well be a sweep. Both are guaranteed wins in any given NBA series.

Mugen
05-13-2014, 01:02 AM
If anybody can get us into the WCF, it's the Best Hype Man in the Game tbh.

http://edant.larazon.com.ar/diario/2008/07/03/thumb/don-king.jpg

Arc
05-13-2014, 01:14 AM
i'm starting to think pop and the team threw this game on purpose.

theory: clips/okc series is going at least 6, but probably 7. we, and the spurs, talk about rest being a big factor, but even more important is not coming into a series rusty as fuck against a tested clips/okc team.
win wednesday, and we get a few days of rest, but not a week's worth.

parker wasn't playing the same as game 1-3, and it's not because of batum. he was passing up those same open jumpers on the pick n roll that he's been nailing all series.
plus there's pop throwing in the towel super early, and playing our best guys limited minutes.

definitely something fishy going on here.

ElNono
05-13-2014, 01:20 AM

theory: clips/okc series is going at least 6, but probably 7. we, and the spurs, talk about rest being a big factor, but even more important is not coming into a series rusty as fuck against a tested clips/okc team.

parker wasn't playing the same as game 1-3, and it's not because of batum. he was passing up those same open jumpers on the pick n roll that he's been nailing all series.
plus there's pop throwing in the towel super early, and playing our best guys limited minutes.

It's called being old and having tired legs... we've played 4 games in 8 nights... hopefully the extra rest in the 4th quarter helps, and we can close this Wednesday...

05-13-2014, 01:28 AM
If nobody beats me to it, I'll start the Game 5 thread tomorrow...if you don't mind, I wanted to try my hand at starting one. If that's cool with you, it doesn't have to be game 5 tbh

Beaverfuzz
05-13-2014, 01:50 AM
Popp gave up the ghost at halftime. It is what it is. Missing all of those three's doesn't help...the third quarter difference was the three pointer's plus the free throws.

Shit happens, kick their ass on Wed.

ElNono
05-13-2014, 02:10 AM
if you don't mind, I wanted to try my hand at starting one. If that's cool with you, it doesn't have to be game 5 tbh

oops, I just posted mine, before seeing this post... sorry, tbh...

Sean Cagney
05-13-2014, 02:34 AM
Popp gave up the ghost at halftime. It is what it is. Missing all of those three's doesn't help...the third quarter difference was the three pointer's plus the free throws.

Shit happens, kick their ass on Wed.

After three straight blowouts we were due man, it happened. Their shots fell and other b.s. Move on to Weds.

Horry Hipcheck
05-13-2014, 03:40 AM

Pop's lineup choices when the game wasn't over in the second quarter should tell us all everything we need to know about how much they really cared about this one.

jag
05-13-2014, 06:32 AM
Amused, you're back on the list. Solly Cholly.

Solly cholly

ctpsb
05-13-2014, 08:08 AM
After three straight blowouts we were due man, it happened. Their shots fell and other b.s. Move on to Weds.

Couldn't agree more. Actually four straight blowout wins if including Game 7 versus Dallas.
A team just isn't going to have it some nights plus Portland seemed determined not to lose the series at home.

cd98
05-13-2014, 08:34 AM
I predict a dog fight in game 5. Blazers playing for pride with nothing to lose and a little more confidence and Spurs playing with a chip from last years final loss.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-13-2014, 08:42 AM
I think the Spurs will blown them out in Game 5. You will see the Spurs play like they did at the beginning of the series tomorrow night.

I predicted this series would go 5 games and it appears like it will. Expect to see Tony and Kawhi play at least 35 minutes tomorrow.

sananspursfan21
05-13-2014, 08:42 AM

You can usually tell when they're not really taking the game seriously. They turn into a jumpshot only offense and let a lot of plays go on defense (i.e. Most of the season, especially against all those "top teams" Barkley won't shut up about).

Very frustrating but in a sense comforting because you know they're just not going for it, they could turn it on anytime

TampaDude
05-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Spurs mailed it in last night as I expected.

Game 5 will be a blowout win for the Spurs.

We'll go into the WCF rested but not rusted.

spurspokesman
05-13-2014, 10:08 AM

yup

Budkin
05-13-2014, 10:39 AM

Don't think he threw it per se but he didn't do what he would have done had it been a must win. It would have been almost an entire week off. Not good.

Budkin
05-13-2014, 10:40 AM

Tampa with the goods per par.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-13-2014, 10:54 AM

I think you're probably good. Your only competition would've been dallasmaverickslose who literally fucking had the gall to make a gme thread before the prior game was even over :lmao

Fortunately that was such a bitch move that everyone recognized mugen's game thread instead even though mugen posted second :rollin

TheGoldStandard
05-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Come on guys, you didn't see Rick Carlisle in the stands pulling the strings, Stotts was a puppet last night. Pop will get out coached severely from here on out. It was a good run.

Just wanted to get that meltdown out of the way when the Spurs are down 2-0 on Wednesday. We got this thing at home but it'll be much closer than expected

05-13-2014, 12:08 PM
oops, I just posted mine, before seeing this post... sorry, tbh...
You're good man

Brazil
05-13-2014, 12:43 PM

you don't throw POs games