PDA

View Full Version : Manny is the most dangerous hitter, period

Jimcs50
08-10-2005, 07:17 PM
He just had his 32nd HR and drove in 3 runs against Kenny Rogers to put the Sox up 3-1 in the 4th.
His League leading 107th RBI is now in the books.

You can talk about Vladimir Guerrero in Anaheim, but in the last 8 yrs, there has not been a more consistant RBI machine than Manny. 8 straight years of 30 HRs and 100 RBIs...just amazing.

N.Y. Johnny
08-10-2005, 09:00 PM
its all great Jim, but Manny is just a fuckin dumb idiot..:lol

remember a while back DURING A brief stopage maybe, a time out at the plate..which is not that long...HE WENT INTO THE SCOREBOARD at Fenway and was there for a while??? Left field was vacant for a while!!

I agree though, Manny is a hell of a hitter

Jimcs50
08-10-2005, 10:19 PM
its all great Jim, but Manny is just a fuckin dumb idiot..:lol

remember a while back DURING A brief stopage maybe, a time out at the plate..which is not that long...HE WENT INTO THE SCOREBOARD at Fenway and was there for a while??? Left field was vacant for a while!!

I agree though, Manny is a hell of a hitter

And if NY had him as their cleanup man, they would be 6 games up in first instead of 5 games down.

So you have an occasional gaff in the field, I do not think he costs the team more than 6 runs a year tops...I think the 140 RBIs more than make up for it, yathink?

And that is hitting behind a guy that has 100 RBIs himslf...I mean where does Manny get all his RBIs when the man batting in front of him(Ortiz) has as many as he does????

In the last 8 games since the Sox talked about trading Manny, and he was sitting out those few games, Manny has 4 HRs, 15 RBIs, and is batting .471.....that my friends in freaking UNBELIEVABLE.

N.Y. Johnny
08-10-2005, 10:22 PM
And if NY had him as their cleanup man, they would be 6 games up in first instead of 5 games down.

So you have an occasional gaff in the field, I do not think he costs the team more than 6 runs a year tops...I think the 140 RBIs more than make up for it, yathink?

And that is hitting behind a guy that has 100 RBIs himslf...I mean where does Manny get all his RBIs when the man batting in front of him(Ortiz) has as many as he does????

In the last 8 games since the Sox talked about trading Manny, and he was sitting out those few games, Manny has 4 HRs, 15 RBIs, and is batting .471.....that my friends in freaking UNBELIEVABLE.

:lmao Jim if NY had him they'd probably still be UNDER Boston, NY is a very old and very bad team.

I don't dispute you Manny is a monster at the plate and you're right he's unbelievable.

Jimcs50
08-10-2005, 10:28 PM
That being said, ARod should be the MVP this year. NY would be in 3rd place w/o him this year.

N.Y. Johnny
08-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Easily Jim,

as a Yankee fan i'd shit in my pants when Ortiz steps up there before Manny....

Ortiz owns the fuckin Yanks

mcornelio
08-10-2005, 10:33 PM
he went in the scoreboard cuz he had to take a shit... jeez..

Sense
08-11-2005, 12:47 AM
He just had his 32nd HR and drove in 3 runs against Kenny Rogers to put the Sox up 3-1 in the 4th.
His League leading 107th RBI is now in the books.

You can talk about Vladimir Guerrero in Anaheim, but in the last 8 yrs, there has not been a more consistant RBI machine than Manny. 8 straight years of 30 HRs and 100 RBIs...just amazing.

Ok....

I see a Red Sox Fanatic.

Horry For 3!
08-11-2005, 01:27 AM
Manny is pretty good but I don't know about "most" dangerous hitter.

Sense
08-11-2005, 02:12 AM
Manny is pretty good but I don't know about "most" dangerous hitter.

Giambi is turning into a dangerous hitter....along with ensberg from what I've seen this season.

atlfan25
08-11-2005, 02:13 AM
Andruw Jones as well

Sense
08-11-2005, 02:18 AM
Andruw Jones as well

Oh yeah.. can't forget about that mofo..

it seems as if the predicted triple crown winner hasn't stepped up.

atlfan25
08-11-2005, 02:25 AM
would u be speaking of D.Lee or Pujols?

TheTruth
08-11-2005, 04:05 AM
Pujols, Vlad, and Ortiz are all ahead of Manny. IMO.

Spurminator
08-11-2005, 09:24 AM
RBI are overrated.

But Manny's still a monster.

Jimcs50
08-11-2005, 09:33 AM
RBI are overrated.

But Manny's still a monster.

OVERRATED??????

What is the purpose of batting????? The reason you are at bat is to put runs on the board. Overrated, my ass. :rolleyes

Manny has more RBIs than any player in the league the last 8 yrs and by a wide margin....that is why he is the 2nd highest paid player in the league.

Trainwreck2100
08-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Manny is the most dangerous hitter, period.

So that's why we haven't seen his girlfriend around here in awhile.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/444/rimshot1pb.gif

Spurminator
08-11-2005, 12:23 PM
OVERRATED??????

What is the purpose of batting????? The reason you are at bat is to put runs on the board. Overrated, my ass.

And you can't get those RBI without teammates getting on base frequently. A hit is a hit. Manny happens to have runners on base more often than a lot of hitters.

It's a nice stat, but it's not very good for judging a player's skill in comparison to other players, because the variables aren't equal.

Do you really think Juan Gonzales was the most dangerous hitter in the league when he was leading the Majors in RBI those years?

spursfor
08-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Pujols is the most dangerous hitter period. I agree Man-Ram is sensational but he's already 32. Phat Albert is only in his mid-20's and hes putting up Ted Williams like numbers.

Spurminator
08-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Phat Albert is only in his mid-20's

Alledgedly.

spursfor
08-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Alledgedly.
Danny Almonte is still a teenager. :lol

Jimcs50
08-11-2005, 12:45 PM
And you can't get those RBI without teammates getting on base frequently. A hit is a hit. Manny happens to have runners on base more often than a lot of hitters.

It's a nice stat, but it's not very good for judging a player's skill in comparison to other players, because the variables aren't equal.

Do you really think Juan Gonzales was the most dangerous hitter in the league when he was leading the Majors in RBI those years?

The guy hitting in front of him is 2nd in the League in RBIs, thus manny dies nor have as many players to knock in as most players.

His hitting % when players are in scoring position is tops in the leaggue year in and year out.

Last year, they polled American league pitchers and asked whick batter they least wanted to face when the game was on the line and the winning run was on 2nd base. Manny finished first in that poll by 10% over the next choice and that was Vladimir.

Spurminator
08-11-2005, 01:32 PM
The guy hitting in front of him is 2nd in the League in RBIs, thus manny dies nor have as many players to knock in as most players.

Sure he does, the 70% of the time Ortiz fails to knock them in, and sometimes when Ortiz does (because Ortiz is now on base).

I'm not even disagreeing with you about Manny, really, I just don't think RBI is ever the statistic to go by when talking about Dangerous hitters. Slugging%, OPS... those are a little more indicative of individual greatness and less dependent on the success of teammates.