PDA

View Full Version : Spurs needs sparring partner before WCF

Pako
05-13-2014, 04:12 PM
That is what I thought about last night game. I feel that they need to have another game before having rest so they won't get rusty. Spurs understand that Clippers and OKC will have at least two games. For Spurs, they don't want to get too cold going to Western Conference Finals.
Your Take....

hater
05-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Did I hear correctly and Reggie Miller and his co-host discuss this also. I found it very interesting 2 broadcasters openly discussing this.

Horry Hipcheck
05-13-2014, 04:54 PM
That is what I thought about last night game. I feel that they need to have another game before having rest so they won't get rusty. Spurs understand that Clippers and OKC will have at least two games. For Spurs, they don't want to get too cold going to Western Conference Finals.
Your Take....

If the Blazers had been halfway dead by the end of the second quarter, Pop might have gone for the kill. But the Spurs came out a little cooler than they had in the first few games, and Pop very obviously pulled the strings to ensure the game resulted in a loss. Passed on his usual momentum killing timeouts, made weird lineup choices, barely played Splitter, etc. He saw a dogfight and chose to remind the players what losing to an aggressor felt like. They'll refocus, slaughter Portland in Game 5, and wait for OKC.

eric365
05-13-2014, 05:00 PM
Get the rest IMO

Spurs have swept the Jazz, Clippers, Lakers and Memphis in the last 2 playoffs and have always won Game 1 of the next series including vs OKC and @ MIA
They know how to handle a long rest

Horry Hipcheck
05-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Get the rest IMO

Spurs have swept the Jazz, Clippers, Lakers and Memphis in the last 2 playoffs and have always won Game 1 of the next series including vs OKC and @ MIA

And then lost both of those series.

Pako
05-13-2014, 05:22 PM
If the Blazers had been halfway dead by the end of the second quarter, Pop might have gone for the kill. But the Spurs came out a little cooler than they had in the first few games, and Pop very obviously pulled the strings to ensure the game resulted in a loss. Passed on his usual momentum killing timeouts, made weird lineup choices, barely played Splitter, etc. He saw a dogfight and chose to remind the players what losing to an aggressor felt like. They'll refocus, slaughter Portland in Game 5, and wait for OKC.

That's good take. I also noticed that when Pop want's to win, he is always standing and yelling for stupid mistakes. Last night was different. He is a bit relax sitting.

05-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Get the rest IMO

This

Spur|n|Austin
05-13-2014, 06:03 PM
And then lost both of those series.

:lol