PDA

View Full Version : Refs cheating for OKC

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-13-2014, 11:27 PM
This is atrocious. This is literally borderline intentionally cheating, this should be investigated.

poop
05-13-2014, 11:29 PM
This was the worst bullshit ive seen since 2006. What a fucking joke.

Kawhi4ROY
05-13-2014, 11:30 PM
That was an embarrassment... What a fucking joke

ShoogarBear
05-13-2014, 11:30 PM
That was 2002 Kings-Lakers level.

MVPCues
05-13-2014, 11:31 PM
WWF

BC3
05-13-2014, 11:31 PM
so obvious. smh

dav4463
05-13-2014, 11:32 PM
Clippers got screwed.

Russ
05-13-2014, 11:32 PM
Chris Paul in one of the biggest meltdowns in sports history.

ShoogarBear
05-13-2014, 11:33 PM

Yep, Paul definitely didn't help things. But I think Reggie Jackson probably fouled him on the last play.

kaji157
Wow that review on the out of bounds play is like they are saying fuck you common sense. No clipper touch it but is Clippers ball.

And it didint see like Chris Paul even touched Westbrook.

And in the last play there is a clear reach in foul against CP3 and ibaka blocks the pass with his feet.

That seemed like Adam Silver was all over the place doing Stern Style.

toki9
That was about the worst officiating job I've seen in a long time...so incredibly one-sided...between what should have been the Reggie Jackson turnover and then the subsequent foul on a bad Westbrook 3-pointer, the refs really just awarded the game (Crucial Game 5 in a 2-2 tie series) to OKC...it's enough to make me believe in conspiracy...there's no way the Spurs are going to go through OKC if the officiating stays like this...

SpurPadre
05-13-2014, 11:34 PM

Uh, no, you can't let the refs off the hook. This is 2002 Lakers against the Kings bad.

spurs10
05-13-2014, 11:35 PM
This was cheating plain and simple. Fucking refs are disgusting. They even got to watch the fucking replay. Clippers got fucked. Clippers fans should raise hell with the NBA.

Trifecta
05-13-2014, 11:36 PM
Spurs must win their home games cuz they can't win on the road with this poor officiating!

spurspokesman
05-13-2014, 11:36 PM
I'm going to say this again. The NBA has an agenda for a LeBron vs Durant finals and the only way the spurs beat okc is to steamroll them because if it's close the zebras will screw the spurs blatantly like they just did the clips. The NBA is becoming a joke fast

Janko
05-13-2014, 11:37 PM
This is cheating :vomit:

Trifecta
05-13-2014, 11:37 PM
These refs should be suspended!

SpurPadre
05-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Let's also remember how the league is just fine with Ibaka punching someone in the nuts but if anyone lays a hand on a Thunder player: INSTANT suspension next game.

look_at_g_shred
05-13-2014, 11:38 PM
West choke with 16 fts alone :lmao

DJR210
05-13-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm going to say this again. The NBA has an agenda for a LeBron vs Durant finals and the only way the spurs beat okc is to steamroll them because if it's close the zebras will screw the spurs blatantly like they just did the clips. The NBA is becoming a joke fast

kaji157
05-13-2014, 11:46 PM

Yeah we all know that is Silverīs wet dream, but if like the NBA just doesnīt even care to look like a sport anymore with this kind of officials.
If the refs wanted to award the ball to OKC, after a replay we all saw it was Clippers Ball Full HD, you can just call a push on the inbound or whatever, but the team inbounding should be the Clippers.
Now itīs like they are not even trying, they went to the replay, which we all can see in astonishing definition these days, and still call whatever fuck they want to call, crapping all over any fan not from OKC or any casual basketball fan.
Itīs like the NBA is not even trying to look like a serious league anymore.
And i am pretty terrified to think Adam Silver is a poor manīs David Stern.

Phenomanul
05-13-2014, 11:46 PM
Nothing will come of it... who polices the cronies within the NBA itself? There's no such thing as "Internal Affairs" department that's not also tainted from within the NBA... What this boils down to is that the only way the Spurs will get by the Thunderrefs is if both Durant and Westbrook miss all their shots... and given that those odds are unlikely... so too will a Spurs' series victory.

sammy
05-13-2014, 11:50 PM
Disgraceful!

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-13-2014, 11:52 PM
Nothing will come of it... who polices the cronies within the NBA itself? There's no such thing as "Internal Affairs" that's not also tainted from within in the NBA... What this boils down to is that the only way the Spurs will get by the Thunderrefs is if both Durant and Westbrook miss all their shots... given that those odds are unlikely... so too will a Spurs' series victory.
If they miss all of their shots then the refs will call cheap fouls everytime. You mean if they miss all of their free throws?

spurspokesman
05-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Yeah we all know that is Silverīs wet dream, but if like the NBA just doesnīt even care to look like a sport anymore with this kind of officials.
If the refs wanted to award the ball to OKC, after a replay we all saw it was Clippers Ball Full HD, you can just call a push on the inbound or whatever, but the team inbounding should be the Clippers.
Now itīs like they are not even trying, they went to the replay, which we all can see in astonishing definition these days, and still call whatever fuck they want to call, crapping all over any fan not from OKC or any casual basketball fan.
Itīs like the NBA is not even trying to look like a serious league anymore.
And i am pretty terrified to think Adam Silver is a poor manīs David Stern.
I don't watch as much NBA as I used to as a result, to soft and biased. The players no longer decide the game smh

TheRemix
05-13-2014, 11:55 PM
disgusting

siraulo23
05-13-2014, 11:56 PM
clippers choked but that call to give the ball to okc when it was obvious it was off jackson smh

and lol 18 FTs in the 1st quarter

Spurs da champs
05-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Clippers gave game away, that can't be denied or minimized.

sammy
05-13-2014, 11:57 PM
Horrible! The NBA is a travesty! So rigged! I feel sorry for the Clippers! They were robbed by the thunderefs!

SnakeBoy
05-13-2014, 11:58 PM
Clippers gave game away, that can't be denied or minimized.

They almost gave the game away tbh...refs did the rest.

gameFACE
05-13-2014, 11:59 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure after reviewing the video the NBA will "rescind" CP3's foul on Westbrook with a memo tomorrow.......

lurker
05-14-2014, 12:00 AM
I like this recap
https://vine.co/v/MXZOi0VznuH

kaji157
05-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Don't worry, I'm sure after reviewing the video the NBA will "rescind" CP3's foul on Westbrook with a memo tomorrow.......
That might be the first game winner rescinded by the NBA.

Spurs da champs
05-14-2014, 12:01 AM
They almost gave the game away tbh...refs did the rest.
Chris Paul with multiple turnovers down the stretch, & fouling Westbrook on a horrible shot is giving the game away, ain't no spin to that.

Spurs da champs
05-14-2014, 12:02 AM
No ball movement either, horrible execution by the Clippers, where was Doc's superb coaching? He didn't calm hos guys down with a timeout or anything.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-14-2014, 12:03 AM
I'm aware CP3 and the Clippers choked, but doesn't take away the fact that the refs were horrible. Ball was off of Jackson, Westbrook wasn't fouled on his stupid shot, and CP3 was fouled at the end.

Spurs da champs
05-14-2014, 12:05 AM
The rule per TNT makes it seem like the Refs got the Jackson call right.

Malik Hairston
05-14-2014, 12:12 AM
Can't really feel bad for that piece of shit Tom Rivers, tbh..

RD2191
05-14-2014, 12:13 AM
The rule per TNT makes it seem like the Refs got the Jackson call right.

Bullshit interpretation of the rule. It has never ever been called like that.

RodNIc91
05-14-2014, 12:19 AM
Can't really feel bad for that piece of shit Tom Rivers, tbh..
Why do you dislike doc rivers?

Malik Hairston
05-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Why do you dislike doc rivers?

He quit on the Celtics and subsequently decided to sign with a team owned by a proven racist and essentially condoned his actions..since the Sterling incident, he's been subtly using it as an excuse for potential failure, and has been treated like a hero, despite willingly leaving his previous team, while under contract, to sign with the same racist that everybody is vilifying..

As a minority, I wish I could piss all over Tom Rivers, tbh..

Skull-1
05-14-2014, 12:29 AM
I didn't watch. I don't want DirecTV logging that I watch OKC. Can someone please give a breakdown?

Skull-1
05-14-2014, 12:30 AM
He quit on the Celtics and subsequently decided to sign with a team owned by a proven racist and essentially condoned his actions..since the Sterling incident, he's been subtly using it as an excuse for potential failure, and has been treated like a hero, despite willingly leaving his previous team, while under contract, to sign with the same racist that everybody is vilifying..

As a minority, I wish I could piss all over Tom Rivers, tbh..

Proven racist. LMAO. Idiot.

Malik Hairston
05-14-2014, 12:35 AM
Proven racist. LMAO. Idiot.

What are you trying to argue?..that Sterling isn't a racist or that Tom Rivers didn't know?..

Skull-1
05-14-2014, 12:38 AM
What are you trying to argue?..that Sterling isn't a racist or that Tom Rivers didn't know?..

All of the above. Dude was about to get an NAACP award. LMAO.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 12:39 AM
I'm aware CP3 and the Clippers choked, but doesn't take away the fact that the refs were horrible. Ball was off of Jackson, Westbrook wasn't fouled on his stupid shot, and CP3 was fouled at the end.

CP3 actually wasn't fouled at the end, and it absolutely wasn't clear whether or not CP3 fouled Westbrook on that 3. I know retards like Spurminator want to claim that he "clearly" got elbow but it wasn't clear at all from any replays we saw. Maybe it was clear for the refs.

spurs1990
05-14-2014, 12:41 AM

didn't we get butt raped in 2012 just as bad against these same aholes.

Malik Hairston
05-14-2014, 12:41 AM
All of the above. Dude was about to get an NAACP award. LMAO.

The NAACP is one of the most corrupt organizations in the world, brah, tbh:lol..

Brunodf
05-14-2014, 01:02 AM
2012 game 6 lvl tbh

Chillen
05-14-2014, 01:12 AM
This was right up there with 2002 Kings vs Lakers, just disgusting and if Clips can't at least force a game 7 than the refs just decided the semi finals winner, it's wrong.

Cry Havoc
05-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Not sure if it's been posted, but here are Bill Simmons' tweets from tonight... note most of these were before/during the game, not at the ridiculous conclusion:

Bill Simmons called it. Before the game he tweeted:

‏@BillSimmons 3h Bennett Salvatore, Tom Washington and Tony Brothers reffing a genuinely important NBA playoff game - what could possibly go wrong?

The lousy refs are about to ruin one team's season. Lock it down. I am assigning @Jpdabrams the Game 5 oral history right now to save time.

‏@BillSimmons 2h You can't assign these 3 guys to THIS game. You just can't. I am so disappointed.

‏@BillSimmons 1h That was all-time bad. I'm staying off Twitter.

Splits
05-14-2014, 01:32 AM

Make that 12...

ElNono
05-14-2014, 01:41 AM
Not sure if it's been posted, but here are Bill Simmons' tweets from tonight... note most of these were before/during the game, not at the ridiculous conclusion:

Bill Simmons called it. Before the game he tweeted:

‏@BillSimmons 3h Bennett Salvatore, Tom Washington and Tony Brothers reffing a genuinely important NBA playoff game - what could possibly go wrong?

The lousy refs are about to ruin one team's season. Lock it down. I am assigning @Jpdabrams the Game 5 oral history right now to save time.

‏@BillSimmons 2h You can't assign these 3 guys to THIS game. You just can't. I am so disappointed.

‏@BillSimmons 1h That was all-time bad. I'm staying off Twitter.

:lol I posted this in the game thread downstairs when the game started and saw the refs...

:lol Bennet Salvatore adds a completely new dimension to this game

wow, Tony Brothers AND Salvatore? :lmao

This game is gonna be gold...

Probably two of the top 3 worst refs in the league, IMO

mVp
05-14-2014, 01:52 AM
I've been watching NBA basketball for a long time, and I've seen a lot of bad reffed games, but tonight was brutal... really atrocious.

Having said that, Chris Paul did everything possible to throw the game away, no excuses for that tbh.

james evans
05-14-2014, 02:17 AM
I didn't watch. I don't want DirecTV logging that I watch OKC. Can someone please give a breakdown?
the refs cheated for okc like they always do. nothing more than that really. blatantly cheating while the tnt crew try to convince people watching the game, they didn't see what they actually saw. the same old bulshit

Mal
05-14-2014, 04:37 AM
didn't we get butt raped in 2012 just as bad against these same aholes.

Game 6 2012, I remember I screamed very loud at 6am, when Spurs were getting back to the series and refs refused to that. :lol

cd021
05-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Spurs must win their home games cuz they can't win on the road with this poor officiating!
3-0 at home and hope we get the same officiating Memphis had on the road in game 2 and game 5. Fair enough to get after em without being accused of murder.

TampaDude
05-14-2014, 09:42 AM
Shit, the NBA never disciplined Vince Carter for that ridiculous flop in the Spurs-Mavs series...you think they're actually going to do anything about the horrible officiating? They're too busy crying "RAYCISS!" and pandering to the black community.

Just remember, the last time the Spurs won the title was in 2007, the same year Joey Crawford was suspended and did not officiate in the playoffs.

The NBA commissioner might as well be Vince McMahon. :lol

Jimcs50
05-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Call was correct, according to rules. If you hit hand of player causinghim to lose ball out of bounds, the ball is awarded to the offense.

Irony is, if they had called foul as they should have, it would have been better for Clippers, because LAC would get ball back with 16 secs left with no worse than tie game, instead of 1 point down after the 3 FTs that were eventually made by Westbrook. Worst case, was OT, because the hold for last shot.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Call was correct, according to rules. If you hit hand of player causinghim to lose ball out of bounds, the ball is awarded to the offense.

Irony is, if they had called foul as they should have, it would have been better for Clippers, because LAC would get ball back with 16 secs left with no worse than tie game, instead of 1 point down after the 3 FTs that were eventually made by Westbrook. Worst case, was OT, because the hold for last shot.

Yeah that's not correct. It's out of bounds on Reggie Jackson because it hit his right hand after being hit out of his left hand. Had it exclusively been hit out of his left hand, it would've been rightfully OKC ball.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Shit, the NBA never disciplined Vince Carter for that ridiculous flop in the Spurs-Mavs series...you think they're actually going to do anything about the horrible officiating? They're too busy crying "RAYCISS!" and pandering to the black community.

Just remember, the last time the Spurs won the title was in 2007, the same year Joey Crawford was suspended and did not officiate in the playoffs.

I don't know if 2007 is the best year to bring up. That's also the year when the Spurs clearly benefited from the Donaghy scandal and possibly stole a ring from Phoenix.

Jimcs50
05-14-2014, 10:45 AM
Yeah that's not correct. It's out of bounds on Reggie Jackson because it hit his right hand after being hit out of his left hand. Had it exclusively been hit out of his left hand, it would've been rightfully OKC ball.

Video not conclusive, hence the call can not be overturned

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Video not conclusive, hence the call can not be overturned

I mean barely. It's like 80/20 on reggie hitting the ball out of bounds with his fingers (right hand).

cd98
05-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Refs didn't blow that game, Clippers did. I don't think the calls were that controversial. I think NBA beat writers are trying to make it worse than it was to generate a story. I've seen way worse calls at the end of a game. The Jackson out-of-bounds call was initial ball Thunder. They did a look to see if they should overturn the call. I watched like 15 replays, I see the initial contact between Barnes and Jackson where both are touching the ball, and once the ball comes loose, I don't see either touching it. It's hard to say it was definitively off of Jackson. That being the case, the calling on the court must stand. As for the three point foul, Paul touched Westbrook's elbow. It was a stupid foul, and maybe one that isn't called on the last play of the game, but at that point, it was called. Just a dumb foul. Let Westbrook take that hero shot. If he misses it, it's most likely game over. Don't put him on the line where he is an excellent free throw shooter.

703 Spurz
05-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Guys, there's no chance OKC doesn't get to the Finals. Whether the NBA wants it or not, their biggest loss all year was 23 points and that was 2 months ago. These guys just don't lose by a lot so when you say the Spurs need to blow them out to guarantee the refs won't keep them in it, it just isn't going to happen.

I've been a fan since 1990. Last year was the closest a team could come to winning it outside of having a 3 pointer beating them at the buzzer in Game 7. OKC is going to win their current series and I'm sure the Spurs, if they get past Portland, won't be able to do enough against them.

Certainly not trying to be a negative sack of shit but after last night's game, OKC is penciled into the Finals.

TE
05-14-2014, 11:09 AM
That was 2002 Kings-Lakers level.
The beauty of this is that we are in 2014. It couldn't get more blatant unlike back 2002 where it's difficult to even find a messageboard talking about the series at the time. I stumbled upon one a couple of months ago. Feels like 2002 was just yesterday...

Mugen
05-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Spurs are gonna really have to play dynamite against Oklahoma They can't just bomb the final couple of minutes like the Clippers did. Some solid Spurs basketball and BOOM!, we've got a chance to get back to the Finals.

:flag:

Jimcs50
05-14-2014, 11:15 AM
Spurs are gonna really have to play dynamite against Oklahoma They can't just bomb the final couple of minutes like the Clippers did. Some solid Spurs basketball and BOOM!, we've got a chance to get back to the Finals.

:flag:

Chickens!!!! Stop counting them!!!!!

Spurs are still in a series.:bang

Mugen
05-14-2014, 11:19 AM
No need to explode on me like that, Jim. :cry

Budkin
05-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Tony Brothers decided he needs to ref Game 5 tonight...

MeloHype
05-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Guess you didn't watch the Lakers/Warriors game last year

baseline bum
05-14-2014, 11:27 AM
I still can't believe that fucking clear path call. How the fuck is it clear path when the defensive player is directly in front of the ballhandler?

dunkman
05-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Nike invested more then $200M in LeBron, Durant and Westbrook. What are few milions more in the right places, on top of the advertising budget, to assure they will have LeBron vs Durant/Westbrook finals and preventing rival adidas from getting more exposure.

Mugen
05-14-2014, 11:42 AM
I still can't believe that fucking clear path call. How the fuck is it clear path when the defensive player is directly in front of the ballhandler?

I missed that play live and just rewatched it....

http://www.nba.com/features/misunderstoodrules_051128.html
Clear Path to the Basket: If a fast break starts in a team’s backcourt and a defender fouls any offensive player when the team is going to score an easy basket, a clear path foul has occurred. When the foul happens, no defender can be ahead of the ball where he could defend against the easy basket.

:lmao:lmao:lmao holy fuck tbh. How is that even possible that was a clear path foul? Both Collison and Griffin were miles in front of the ball? Them niggas even reviewed it on replay.....

Skull-1
05-14-2014, 11:47 AM
The NAACP is one of the most corrupt organizations in the world, brah, tbh:lol..

Yep. But they don't embrace racists unless they're black,

Strategic
05-14-2014, 11:47 AM
I pulled this from the L.A. Times this morning;

"3. Referee crew chief Tony Brothers has some explaining to do beyond the controversial out-of-bounds play. Brothers, the official who ruled that the ball went off Matt Barnes even though replays appeared to indicate Jackson touched it last, explained in a statement that the replays were inconclusive, forcing him to go with his original call. A bigger hullabaloo could involve Brothers being observed hugging Thunder star Kevin Durant’s mother, Wanda Pratt, before the game. Even if it was intended as a friendly, innocuous gesture, it raised the specter of favoritism toward the Thunder. Such interaction between an official and any friend or relative of a player should be strictly forbidden by the league."

Maybe Brothers is the father?

baseline bum
05-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Link for Strategic's post

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-five-takeaways-clippers-thunder-20140514-story.html

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-14-2014, 12:06 PM

Crawford IMO has become a better ref since than, can still be over the top, but he doesn't go on the whistle blowing tantrum where he calls any little thing on a team just because he's upset with them.

Brothers IMO is the new 07 Crawford. That guy is an annoying twat. It wouldn't surprise one bit if he got paid under the table to call some of these games.

Budkin
05-14-2014, 12:14 PM

That rule can't be applied because Jackson hit the ball out with his right hand.

Jimcs50
05-14-2014, 12:22 PM
No need to explode on me like that, Jim. :cry

:p:

I'm not bud, but I used to get all kinds of crap because people would blame me for jinxing Spurs in here whenever I bet wine on games with other posters in here. I'd always lose my bets.

:)

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 12:23 PM
We WERE steamrolling them and the refs kept them in it with bogus calls all game, so even that isn't enough....

poop
05-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Spurs are gonna really have to play dynamite against Oklahoma They can't just bomb the final couple of minutes like the Clippers did. Some solid Spurs basketball and BOOM!, we've got a chance to get back to the Finals.:flag:The refs will just do what they always do with okc and what they did for dirk against us in '06...if it looks like the Blunder are slipping away they will just parade them to the line every time down. And if the game is close at the end, they will just call a bs call, or just swallow the whistle.its pretty clear okc is getting the special treatment this year....the spurs will have to play flawless bball and shoot 60-70% in order to offset the freethrow parade okc is gonna get

daslicer
05-14-2014, 01:21 PM
The beauty of this is that we are in 2014. It couldn't get more blatant unlike back 2002 where it's difficult to even find a messageboard talking about the series at the time. I stumbled upon one a couple of months ago. Feels like 2002 was just yesterday...

I think they can be blatant just like '02 because nobody will complain if the popular team is winning and hence right now OKC has the media behind them.

ElNono
05-14-2014, 01:26 PM
FWIW, this was the NBA's official statement in that Warriors-Clippers Game 1...

ROD THORN, NBA president, basketball operations (in a statement issued the day after the Warriors beat the Clippers in Game 1): "After reviewing postgame video, we have concluded that the instant replay review of the out-of-bounds call with 18.9 seconds remaining in the game involving the Clippers' Chris Paul and the Warriors' Draymond Green was administered correctly by the referees and the correct decision was made in awarding the ball to the Warriors. Under the existing rule, referees may only use instant replay to determine which player caused the ball to go out and a limited set of other reviewable matters. ... Just prior to the ball going out-of-bounds, Paul was fouled by Green and Paul should have been granted two free throws. Contact preceding out-of-bounds calls is not a reviewable matter."

so the foul was definitely not reviewable...

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 02:06 PM
FWIW, this was the NBA's official statement in that Warriors-Clippers Game 1...

ROD THORN, NBA president, basketball operations (in a statement issued the day after the Warriors beat the Clippers in Game 1): "After reviewing postgame video, we have concluded that the instant replay review of the out-of-bounds call with 18.9 seconds remaining in the game involving the Clippers' Chris Paul and the Warriors' Draymond Green was administered correctly by the referees and the correct decision was made in awarding the ball to the Warriors. Under the existing rule, referees may only use instant replay to determine which player caused the ball to go out and a limited set of other reviewable matters. ... Just prior to the ball going out-of-bounds, Paul was fouled by Green and Paul should have been granted two free throws. Contact preceding out-of-bounds calls is not a reviewable matter."

so the foul was definitely not reviewable...

I think most people already knew that tbh...

DrSteffo
05-14-2014, 02:15 PM
I kind of hate the Lakers and the Thunder because of the refs. I have absolutely no respect for their "accomplishments". The tricky thing is that they could still have some decent players as well as fans. I think that Durant is ok and I don't see that he could do possibly do so much about this shit happening.

DJB
05-14-2014, 02:16 PM
This is atrocious. This is literally borderline intentionally cheating, this should be investigated.

ElNono
05-14-2014, 02:17 PM
I think most people already knew that tbh...

I did, but some people were still arguing, tbh...

Old School 44
05-14-2014, 02:29 PM
I wonder if the NBA causes this incident to spiral further down by fining Doc? Case or no case, he went pretty hard at them.