PDA

View Full Version : anyone watching the refs hand OKC the game???

poop
05-13-2014, 11:27 PM
This is such complete bs..even the announcers are confused

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-13-2014, 11:28 PM
There should be an investigation.

poop
05-13-2014, 11:32 PM
The ball was CLEARLY knocked out by okc and the refs still give them possession...next time down call a phantom foul and put okc on the line..bail them out and they win from the freethrow line. What a joke.

RodNIc91
05-13-2014, 11:35 PM
I can't believe the call on Reggie Jackson. Damn.

KaiRMD1
05-13-2014, 11:36 PM
Tomorrow, the NBA will issue an apology

exstatic
05-13-2014, 11:38 PM

Yup. I was just thinking that myself.

ShoogarBear
05-13-2014, 11:40 PM
Doc shelling out some cash right now. :lol

Dex
05-13-2014, 11:42 PM
Doc Rivers going super HAM in the post game. :wow

TheRemix
05-13-2014, 11:53 PM

then the clips fans will be like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia3CTMntckk

KL2
05-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Anyone have a vid of the final play? Looked like Jackson fouled CP3

sammy
05-13-2014, 11:55 PM
Fucking BS!

KaiRMD1
05-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Anyone have a vid of the final play? Looked like Jackson fouled CP3

He more than likely did

Kawhi
05-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Tomorrow, the NBA will issue an apologyrivers will get fined first, then the NBA will issue an apology

exstatic
05-14-2014, 12:02 AM
rivers will get fined first, then the NBA will issue an apology
If I were Rivers, I'd look right at the camera and say "Mr. Silver, shove your apology up your ass."

Biernutz
05-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Another game 7 on Sunday

ShoogarBear
05-14-2014, 12:06 AM
Another game 7 on Sunday

Blake Griffin gets suspended.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:07 AM
It wasn't that obvious. There was contact on the ball from Barnes (along with the wrist) and there is some possibility that Jackson may have lost the ball with it still touching Barnes' hand last... I've got no problem with the refs choosing not to overturn the original call after replay.

If the refs really wanted to give this game to the Thunder they would have called the foul.

Clippers and CP3 choked this one away. Loved seeing that, but I do respect Paul taking the blame himself and not putting it on the officials.

cjw
05-14-2014, 12:08 AM
If the Thunder do go on to win the title, at least it will have an asterisk next to it. This in a world of people don't give the Spuds credit for 99 (short season / guys out of shape as Simmons says).

The officiating was awful the whole game, but there were two blatant mistakes, two borderline ones and a blatant disregard for a rule down the stretch (cannot use replay to reverse a mistake on the no call foul).

HI-FI
05-14-2014, 12:13 AM
the real story is how bad the officiating was throughout the entire game. Clippers were getting robbed early on, when they were steamrolling the Thunder. People will talk about this missed call at the end but it was much bigger than that. basically classic OKC game :lol.

timtonymanu
05-14-2014, 12:14 AM
Chris Paul handed the game to OKC too, tbh.

Sean Cagney
05-14-2014, 12:15 AM
rivers will get fined first, then the NBA will issue an apology
Yep, like a FUCKING APOLOGY makes up for a cot damn series ending call. We have seen this before. I remember they took away a tech later from Finley in a game vs. Dallas and we lost in OT, Pop says then later does that mean we win by a point? Just insult to injury, period.

Sean Cagney
05-14-2014, 12:16 AM

Yes he did, that is another fact. Crawford as well, shot them out of the game.

RD2191
05-14-2014, 12:16 AM
the real story is how bad the officiating was throughout the entire game. Clippers were getting robbed early on, when they were steamrolling the Thunder. People will talk about this missed call at the end but it was much bigger than that. basically classic OKC game :lol.

james evans
05-14-2014, 12:51 AM
the spurs don't stand a chance against the thunder with officiating like this.

Biernutz
05-14-2014, 01:19 AM
After all the Sterling stuff I would have thought that the Clippers would get all the calls
to get them into WCF game.

SnakeBoy
05-14-2014, 01:22 AM
Everybody knows it was our ball. I think the bottom line is they thought it was a foul and made up for it. In my opinion let’s take away the replay system. Because that is our ball we win the game and we got robbed because of that call. And it is clear. Everybody in the arena saw it. That is why everybody was shocked when they said Oklahoma City. That was our ball. Whether it was a foul or not, it was but they didn’t call it. The same thing happened to us in the Golden State series where they tried to reverse the call. They didn’t want to look at the replay because they knew it was a foul but they had to and they had to go by what it said. so, they give Golden State the ball and the NBA later came out and said it should have been a foul. The official on that play that he made — didn’t see the foul but he had to be honest on the replay. That didn’t happen here. We made our own mistakes. We turned the ball over and fouled. We did a lot of stuff to lose the game ourselves. But at the end of the day we’ve a replay system that you are supposed to look at. I don’t want to hear that they didn’t have that replay. That is a bunch of crap.

That is what i heard. That is a bunch of crap. We should never have lost that. We stopped playing with 3:00 left, we were milking the clock. We turned the ball over. We came out of the time-out and we were supposed to foul Durant before he made the three. We made a comedy of errors but having said that we still have the right to win the game if it says it is our ball and that didn’t happen. It is too bad for us. We have two more games to play but that could be a series — defining call and that is not right.

Mikeanaro
05-14-2014, 01:24 AM
But that apology will change the ol´sports result?

spursfan1000
05-14-2014, 01:28 AM

KaiRMD1
05-14-2014, 02:33 AM
But that apology will change the ol´sports result?

No, quite the opposite ol' sport. It will just make Clippers fan react like this
http://31.media.tumblr.com/ef88d152e5102048a538f2cc237cc19e/tumblr_mkqimsIvr61ruw1vso1_500.gif

Mikeanaro
05-14-2014, 02:43 AM
No, quite the opposite ol' sport. It will just make Clippers fan react like this
http://31.media.tumblr.com/ef88d152e5102048a538f2cc237cc19e/tumblr_mkqimsIvr61ruw1vso1_500.gif

http://www.dypia.com/australopitecus/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/theaviator1.gif

poop
05-14-2014, 08:46 AM
It was a whle series of bad calls. First the BS giving okc possession. They called ticky tack fouls to put okc on the line but on the other end, okc could swamp chris paul and they swallow their whistle. The foul call on that westbrick heroball 3 pointer was the icing on the cake...what a joke. Robbery pure and simple

bklynspursfan
05-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Thunder were 15/17 from the line in the 1st quarter. They had 25 points total that quarter

Jordan fouled out in 19 minutes. Paul was in foul trouble early, Glen Davis had 3 fouls in the first quarter. What's even more disgusting is that none of this is surprising. The league wants Durant vs Lebron so bad.

Here's the plays down the stretch:

http://giant.gfycat.com/InfamousThickDutchsmoushond.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/CrispJoyfulCoral.gif

http://i.imgur.com/g3uv3td.jpg

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 09:04 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnk91WPIAAAvsxx.jpg

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 09:05 AM
That's CP3 getting fouled on the last play. No call. I mean, that's a clear fucking foul.

bklynspursfan
05-14-2014, 09:15 AM
On that last play, it is possible that the ref was not able to see cause of Crawford. (see below) Even though there was another official under the basket, but that's the only logical explanation I could see. however the one with it going off Reggie Jackson was inexcusable. I mean it went clearly off of him

http://giant.gfycat.com/CrispJoyfulCoral.gif

FromWayDowntown
05-14-2014, 09:42 AM
It wasn't that obvious. There was contact on the ball from Barnes (along with the wrist) and there is some possibility that Jackson may have lost the ball with it still touching Barnes' hand last... I've got no problem with the refs choosing not to overturn the original call after replay.

I didn't see it in real time, but watching some replays this morning, I'm not convinced that there was conclusive evidence that Jackson last touched the ball and since the call on the floor was Thunder ball, I get them refusing to overturn the call.

With that said, the play points out a subtle issue that crops up from time-to-time and becomes a real problem in late game situations that are reviewable. The long-time culture of NBA officiating has held that in those circumstances, where there's an out-of-bounds play where there may have been a foul before the final touch, the better call is to just give the team that was likely fouled the ball out of bounds, rather than calling a foul. This happens a lot on rebounding plays, but sometimes on drives too (I recall a couple happening involving the Spurs over the last few seasons -- there was one in Golden State last year, during the regular season, I think; I also recall one like that in a home game a few years ago when replay was fairly new). That decision, while not correct according to the black-letter of the rulebook, tends to be relatively equitable. The problem is that when that play goes to replay now, the officials can't just lean on that reasoning and uphold the call on that basis. Once they've chosen to swallow the whistle on that play and then have to review the out-of-bounds call, they're left with no way to go back and call the foul that should have been called. And a lot of times, that results in the team that was likely fouled getting hosed by not only a missed foul call but also by losing possession. Before replay, that never happens.