PDA

View Full Version : Get ready for the Thunderefs guys

100%duncan
05-13-2014, 11:28 PM
:lmao

Dex
05-13-2014, 11:31 PM
Blatant fix. Anybody outside of Oklahoma could see it.

I'll be honest. I don't know if the Spurs can really win playing 5 v 8.

Duncanforthree
05-13-2014, 11:31 PM
So that's how you blow a seven point lead in under 45 seconds when Tracy Mcgrady is playing baseball.

100%duncan
05-13-2014, 11:32 PM
And Paul got fouled in the final possession :lmao

poop
05-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Complete joke. makes me feel stupid for even watching the nba

ShoogarBear
05-13-2014, 11:33 PM

I think so, too. But didn't OKC have one to give?

hsxvvd
05-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Fuck it. Who cares if we beat Portland? No way is hell the NBA not getting Durant v. Lebron.

Fuck the NBA.

exstatic
Clips got butt fucked, without lube. Bennett Salvatore has no conscience or soul. What is the POINT of replay if they call a ball that was CLEARLY off Jackson as OKC ball?

KaiRMD1
Spurs are fucked pretty much, no way we are getting past the refs. It was a great run

toki9
05-13-2014, 11:35 PM
Yep...really find the NBA officiating to be sickening right now...

absoloot66

Absolutely, unquestionably, certainly did!

WOW...:wow

100%duncan
Oh god I even forgot that Reggie Jackson out of bounds non-call because of the faggotry of that 3 pt shot foul :lmao

ShoogarBear
05-13-2014, 11:36 PM
Whoa, I got company. :wow

exstatic
05-13-2014, 11:37 PM
Oh, and 36-20 FTs. Let's not let THAT get swept under the rug.

spurs10
05-13-2014, 11:38 PM
So that's how you blow a seven point lead in under 45 seconds when Tracy Mcgrady is playing baseball. The refs award the ball to the obvious wrong team and give Westchuck 3 ft's for missing a horrible shot.

100%duncan
05-13-2014, 11:39 PM

And I think more than half of "MVP's :cry" points were from free throws.

What a bitchmade team :lol

Ditty
05-13-2014, 11:39 PM
If we win tomorrow then I will worry about the thunderefs. Still believe this goes to game 7/

kaji157
05-13-2014, 11:40 PM
wow men i am seriously questioning if this is a sport or a wwf basketball franchise.

100%duncan
05-13-2014, 11:41 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/uYe4YpgHI7k/hqdefault.jpg

benstanfield
05-13-2014, 11:42 PM
To be honest after watching that I'm kinda done with the NBA. Like, the Spurs just aren't going to beat the Thunder. The refs just won't let it happen.

timtonymanu
05-13-2014, 11:42 PM
Even leaving out the officiating, this is still an awful matchup for the Spurs.

Leonard and Manu better be on their game in that series since Perkins will contain Duncan and Thabo will contain Parker.

Janko
05-13-2014, 11:43 PM
To be honest after watching that I'm kinda done with the NBA. Like, the Spurs just aren't going to beat the Thunder. The refs just won't let it happen.
Totally agree

100%duncan
05-13-2014, 11:44 PM

Leonard and Manu better be on their game in that series since Perkins will contain Duncan and Thabo will contain Parker.

That shit won't matter if refs won't let you win brah. I'm really scared for our Spurs tbh.

timtonymanu
05-13-2014, 11:45 PM
That shit won't matter if refs won't let you win brah. I'm really scared for our Spurs tbh.

Yeah I'm saying they already scare me even without the officiating.

toki9

Yep. Hard to stomach this stuff.

Russ
OKC starting to look like a team of destiny.

SpurPadre
05-13-2014, 11:46 PM
Barkley justifying the refs right now. And even Kenny Smith is saying it still looks like the Clips might've touched the ball last. smh. I guess TNT doesn't want to get in trouble with the league.

100%duncan
05-13-2014, 11:46 PM
Rivers: "We got robbed, period."

Danny.Zhu
05-13-2014, 11:48 PM
Start rooting for the Heat...

Russ
05-13-2014, 11:49 PM
Rivers: "We got robbed, period."

Rivers admits that Barnes fouled Jackson (uncalled) on the play though.

littleavery1948
05-13-2014, 11:52 PM
Durant is going to get every call when they play the Spurs. It's fairly obvious that they want another Durant vs Lebron Finals. Lebron will own Durant again.

benstanfield
05-13-2014, 11:52 PM
"destiny"

SnakeBoy
05-13-2014, 11:57 PM

Sounds about right.

Destiny
a predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power or agency

benstanfield
05-13-2014, 11:59 PM
Barkley going full retard trying to justify this shit on TNT.

littlecoyotecoin
05-14-2014, 12:05 AM

I grapple with it each year. Sometimes I do believe we are watching BBall version of WWE.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:12 AM
:lol

The fix accusations are ridiculous. Why would they miss the foul call in the first place if they were looking for an opportunity to give it to the Thunder?

Sean Cagney
05-14-2014, 12:12 AM

After the game 4 steal in Memphis when they had the game and this crap tonight, yeah it does. Memphis should have beaten them in 5 games honestly but blew their shot, so yes they do look like a team of destiny.

kaji157
05-14-2014, 12:14 AM

The fix accusations are ridiculous. Why would they miss the foul call in the first place if they were looking for an opportunity to give it to the Thunder?
Because they thought it was Thunders Ball and they werent expecting a replay so clear that they were mistaken.
Plus, i am pretty sure CP3 is fouled on that turnover because westbrook reaches but contacts both of his arms.

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 12:15 AM

So why did they give it to OKC when it was clear that it was off of Jackson?

Why would they call a foul on Paul when he stood straight up and barely touched Westbrook?

:downspin:

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:16 AM
So why did they give it to OKC when it was clear that it was off of Jackson?

Why would they call a foul on Paul when he stood straight up and barely touched Westbrook?

:downspin:

Unless it's 100% clear they can't overturn it.

Paul clearly fouled Westbrook's arm.

Malik Hairston
05-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Spurs just need to overcome the officiating like Miami did last year, tbh..

The Heat shot the least amount of FTs in Finals history against the Spurs in the Finals, and the same occurred against Indiana in the ECFs..

If the Heat can beat a historic FT disparity, the Spurs can, as well, tbh..

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Because they thought it was Thunders Ball and they werent expecting a replay so clear that they were mistaken.

That's a lot of conspiracy to plan in a few split seconds' time.

Play happens --> "Hmm, appears the ball went out on the Clippers so even though we're trying to help the Thunder win, they will likely be better off taking the ball out of bounds than taking two free throws with the potential to tie the game. After all, we can always call a touch foul on the next play, which could potentially be a 3-point shot! MWA HA HA HA. Cheers to evil!" --> Decides not to call foul

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 12:19 AM
Unless it's 100% clear they can't overturn it.

Paul clearly fouled Westbrook's arm.

It was 110% clear :lol

Westbrook wasn't even complaining because he knew he fucked it up

200 miles
05-14-2014, 12:21 AM
I'll probably catch some flack here when I say that it's not entirely on the refs for the Clippers' loss. LAC made so many crucial errors and turnovers that led to their collapse. If they, not counting that Paul turnover on the last play, would have just taken better care of the ball, then they wouldn't be in a position where the refs could come in and ultimately decide the fate of the game.

kaji157
05-14-2014, 12:22 AM
That's a lot of conspiracy to plan in a few split seconds' time.

What conspiracy? why not go to the review when you are see its OKC ball? if the replay was debatable call stands.
Surprise for the zebras it was pretty clear the ball belonged to Clippers.

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 12:22 AM
I'll probably catch some flack here when I say that it's not entirely on the refs for the Clippers' loss. LAC made so many crucial errors and turnovers that led to their collapse. If they, not counting that Paul turnover on the last play, would have just taken better care of the ball, then they wouldn't be in a position where the refs could come in and ultimately decide the fate of the game.

Yes Clippers choked no doubt about that.

But then again, the game was rigged.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:25 AM
Yeah the NBA definitely doesn't want the inspirational story of the Clippers players courageously overcoming their racist owner and all of the distractions surrounding him to make the NBA Finals. Plus we all know the NBA's historical bias towards teams from booming metropolises like Oklahoma City over teams from podunk towns like Los Angeles.

kaji157
05-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Yeah the NBA definitely doesn't want the inspirational story of the Clippers players courageously overcoming their racist owner and all of the distractions surrounding him to make the NBA Finals. Plus we all know the NBA's historical bias towards teams from booming metropolises like Oklahoma City over teams from podunk towns like Los Angeles.

More likely they donīt want a team owned by a racist to win shit.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:27 AM
It was 110% clear :lol

Westbrook wasn't even complaining because he knew he fucked it up

Fucked what up? Westbrook wasn't even involved in the play.

Malik Hairston
05-14-2014, 12:29 AM

The Miami Heat shot the least amount of FTs in Finals history last year against the beloved, small-market Spurs that always get killed by the refs:lol..

I don't understand these fans that watch a league they believe is rigged, tbh..

kaji157
05-14-2014, 12:30 AM

Im going to make it pretty simple. Go look at the replay of the out of bounds call and tell me which team would you awarded the ball.
Then explain to me why the refs didnīt.
The insult here is that they crapped all over the fans (not clippers fans, or nba fans, basketball fans all over the workd) that stay up late to watch these games when thet fucking call whatever shit they want to call no matter what is being displayed in millions of TVīs around the world.

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 12:30 AM
Fucked what up? Westbrook wasn't even involved in the play.

The Westbrook 3 that they called CP3 a foul on.

timtonymanu
05-14-2014, 12:31 AM
Spurs just need to overcome the officiating like Miami did last year, tbh..

The Heat shot the least amount of FTs in Finals history against the Spurs in the Finals, and the same occurred against Indiana in the ECFs..

If the Heat can beat a historic FT disparity, the Spurs can, as well, tbh..

If only the Spurs had a LeBron type player though.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:32 AM
The Westbrook 3 that they called CP3 a foul on.

So you're saying Westbrook didn't complain about the foul called on Paul that awarded him three free throws?

I'm confused.

kaji157
05-14-2014, 12:32 AM
The Miami Heat shot the least amount of FTs in Finals history last year against the beloved, small-market Spurs that always get killed by the refs:lol..

I don't understand these fans that watch a league they believe is rigged, tbh..

To disrupt the spurs offense you must allow a very physical game. By doing so the FT were few. Not to say that the Spurs closed the lane and Miami took mostly jumpers.

200 miles
05-14-2014, 12:33 AM

Of course the game was rigged. But the trick to beating the so-called Thunderrefs is to not give the refs a reason to intervene.

That's the true name of the game, if you ask me.

To beat them, you need to Clubber Lang them by psyching them out and putting them away early.

It's a difficult task, I know, but it is most likely the only way.

100%duncan
So you're saying Westbrook didn't complain about the foul called on Paul that awarded him three free throws?

I'm confused.

Didn't complain FOR a foul because he knew there wasn't any.

DrSteffo

So you think the NBA likes more attention focused on a racist owner and you haven't figured out that Durant is Jesus Christ/MVP? Also, why did the refs hand the game to the Thunderrefs if they wanted the Clippers to win?

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 12:34 AM
Of course the game was rigged. But the trick to beating the so-called Thunderrefs is to not give the refs a reason to intervene.

That's the true name of the game, if you ask me.

To beat them, you need to Clubber Lang them by psyching them out and putting them away early.

It's a difficult task, I know, but it is most likely the only way.

And fans are supposed to accept that? What a shitty world we live in.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 12:34 AM
Blatant fix. Anybody outside of Oklahoma could see it.

I'll be honest. I don't know if the Spurs can really win playing 5 v 8.

They can't. I'm not even going to bother.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:35 AM
Im going to make it pretty simple. Go look at the replay of the out of bounds call and tell me which team would you awarded the ball.
Then explain to me why the refs didnīt.

I would have determined that there was enough possibility that Barnes knocked the ball out of bounds that there was not enough evidence to overturn the original call.

The insult here is that they crapped all over the fans (not clippers fans, or nba fans, basketball fans all over the workd) that stay up late to watch these games when thet fucking call whatever shit they want to call no matter what is being displayed in millions of TVīs around the world.

I don't feel crapped on, it was an exciting finish. If I'm concerned about anything, it's the amount of isolation and selfish plays by players on both sides that gave the opponent great opportunities to steal the game. Ridiculously poor decisions and stupid shots.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:36 AM
Didn't complain FOR a foul because he knew there wasn't any.

So you would have expected to see more excessive complaining in the split second between the shot and the whistle blowing?

You guys have a really interesting perspective on the passage of real time.

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 12:37 AM
So you would have expected to see more excessive complaining in the split second between the shot and the whistle blowing?

You guys have a really interesting perspective on the passage of real time.

And you have bad eyesight.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:38 AM
Also, why did the refs hand the game to the Thunderrefs if they wanted the Clippers to win?

I'm not suggesting the NBA wanted the Clippers to win. I'm not suggesting there's any kind of fix, you guys are. I'm saying that's ridiculous.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:39 AM
And you have bad eyesight.

I saw the same play you did, bro. You guys don't understand nuance is all. Everything is 100% black or white, and if it's called black when you see white, it's all a big fix. :lol Why even watch?

200 miles
And fans are supposed to accept that? What a shitty world we live in.

Sucks, doesn't it?

Unless millions of basketball fans altogether stopped going to the games in a boycott and then all march to the NBA offices in New York in a mass protest, there is nothing we can do about this.

kaji157
Barnes didnīt even touch it, replay it whatever times you need to realise that.
Tell it to yourself if that makes you happy but that was a clear-water last touch of jackson.

Iīm going to sleep so you can go party with Durant and Scott Brooks, but be aware, they are "not sure" if the ball was off barnes, so you might disagree with them two. Go convice them they are the celestial ones and have come to earth to save us from the diabolical miami big 3.

DrSteffo
05-14-2014, 12:40 AM
I'm not suggesting the NBA wanted the Clippers to win. I'm not suggesting there's any kind of fix, you guys are. I'm saying that's ridiculous.

Yes you suggested the refs wanted the Clippers to win and you are very naïve.

Skull-1
05-14-2014, 12:40 AM
VIDEO LINK PLEASE!

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:41 AM
Yes you suggested the refs wanted the Clippers to win and you are very naïve.

U don't reed good.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 12:41 AM
U don't read good.

:lmao Spurminator
:lmao Bold by default (original member)
:lmao Faux bold status

Never fucking change.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:45 AM
:lmao Spurminator
:lmao Bold by default (original member)
:lmao Faux bold status

Never fucking change.

I never will. I didn't even know there was a difference between bold and not bold, to be honest. Maybe one of the admins will bold your name since it seems like something that's important to you. :lol

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 12:45 AM
I never will. I didn't even know there was a difference between bold and not bold, to be honest. Maybe one of the admins will bold your name since it seems like something that's important to you. :lol

:lmao Sperminator
:lmao Room temperature IQ
:lmao ^ Celsius, not Fahrenheit

ElNono
05-14-2014, 12:46 AM
:pop: "Make shots"

DrSteffo
05-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Yeah the NBA definitely doesn't want the inspirational story of the Clippers players courageously overcoming their racist owner and all of the distractions surrounding him to make the NBA Finals.

james evans
05-14-2014, 12:47 AM
i'm not even gonna lie, i'm fukin terrified from the though of durant and joe crawford being on the floor together. there is no need to even fukin watch the games

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:49 AM
That's a counterpoint to the idea that the NBA would favor the Thunder over the Clippers, in a thread that suggests the NBA fixed this game against the Clippers. IF the NBA involved itself in fixing games, which I don't believe they are doing, they would likely favor the Clippers over the Thunder.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 12:52 AM
That's a counterpoint to the idea that the NBA would favor the Thunder over the Clippers, in a thread that suggests the NBA fixed this game against the Clippers. IF the NBA involved itself in fixing games, which I don't believe they are doing, they would likely favor the Clippers over the Thunder.

If the NBA involved itself in fixing games, they would favor the more profitable team.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 12:52 AM
Barnes didnīt even touch it, replay it whatever times you need to realise that.
Tell it to yourself if that makes you happy but that was a clear-water last touch of jackson.

There's a 90% chance it was off Jackson. I'm not going to lose sleep over the refs deciding the 10% chance was enough not to overturn the call.

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 01:02 AM
There's a 90% chance it was off Jackson. I'm not going to lose sleep over the refs deciding the 10% chance was enough not to overturn the call.

10%? http://instagram.com/p/n9w_t1rzfy/

get the fk outta here

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 01:08 AM
Spurminator spin this shit bro ^

DrSteffo
05-14-2014, 01:10 AM

Durant.

dg7md
05-14-2014, 01:11 AM
The Thunder haven't even looked that good tbh.

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 01:11 AM
The Thunder haven't even looked that good tbh.

You're forgetting 3 letters. efs

slick'81
05-14-2014, 01:13 AM
If it is spurs vs okc damn it's gonna be a helluva series

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 01:15 AM
If it is spurs vs okc damn it's gonna be a helluva series

No need for if's tbh

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 01:16 AM
Spurminator (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=45) spin this shit bro ^

Hey man it's not cool to mess with the mentally impaired. Leave Sperm-faggot alone.

TampaDude
05-14-2014, 01:19 AM
Fuck those OKC fags. Bring 'em on! We'll sweep their candy asses!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

Mikeanaro
05-14-2014, 01:35 AM
Fuck those OKC fags. Bring 'em on! We'll sweep their candy asses!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!
How? refs wont let spurs play like those Mayweather/Bronner fights, you can play as long refs wants to and they donīt care if the rigjob is too obvious.

ElNono
05-14-2014, 01:45 AM
The start of this video is the replay that everybody, including Doc on the arena on the big screen saw, but that Tony Brothers said in his report they didn't see... :lol

q2CoiBaTb5k

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 01:49 AM
We don't have the propped-up "MVP" and "LeBron's rival," nor did the NBA go out on a limb to move our franchise to some trailer trash town and now have to justify their decision.... it's well-documented how coddled the Thunderefs are as shown against the Spurs, Memphis, and us over the last few years :lol

Enjoy the rest of your season while it lasts, because it's coming to an end soon.... at least we'll all get to see LeBron take another wet shit all over Durbeta in the Finals :lol

Horry Hipcheck
05-14-2014, 01:57 AM
Clips got butt fucked, without lube. Bennett Salvatore has no conscience or soul. What is the POINT of replay if they call a ball that was CLEARLY off Jackson as OKC ball?

Supposedly, the argument was that Barnes hit Jackson on the hand, causing the ball to go out of bounds. In the NBA rulebook, that particular situation results in the retention of possession by the team whose player was struck and lost the ball.

ElNono
05-14-2014, 01:59 AM
Supposedly, the argument was that Barnes hit Jackson on the hand, causing the ball to go out of bounds. In the NBA rulebook, that particular situation results in the retention of possession by the team whose player was struck and lost the ball.

But it wasn't like that at all... Barnes slapped the left hand, and Reggie clearly pushes the ball with the right hand out of bounds on the follow through...

q2CoiBaTb5k

Heck, the NBA did the correct call in the GSW/Clippers series (and later apologized for not calling the foul)... same exact scenario...

UBd51P533FE

Mikeanaro
05-14-2014, 02:02 AM
But it wasn't like that at all... Barnes slapped the left hand, and Reggie clearly pushes the ball with the right hand out of bounds on the follow through...

q2CoiBaTb5k

Heck, the NBA did the correct call in the GSW/Clippers series (and later apologized for not calling the foul)... same exact scenario...
What about the whole flying sequence? was that necessary? :lmao
That ugly mukelele knows he has the upper hand to act like Meryl Streep.

Horry Hipcheck
05-14-2014, 02:04 AM

Having not seen the game, I didn't see the play that resulted in The Call. I just checked my Twitter feed after I got off work and saw people referencing that rule, so I thought it would have been more cloudy. Watching that replay, though, I can see where the anger comes from.

mVp
05-14-2014, 02:04 AM

That wasn't the case here.

Barnes hit his left hand, then the ball hit Jackson's right hand and went out of bounds.

ElNono
05-14-2014, 02:06 AM
Having not seen the game, I didn't see the play that resulted in The Call. I just checked my Twitter feed after I got off work and saw people referencing that rule, so I thought it would have been more cloudy. Watching that replay, though, I can see where the anger comes from.

Tony Brothers wrote on the report that they only saw two replays, one from the top and one from the baseline... which is BS, since even Doc was watching the side replay on the big screen...

Horry Hipcheck
05-14-2014, 02:08 AM
Tony Brothers wrote on the report that they only saw two replays, one from the top and one from the baseline... which is BS, since even Doc was watching the side replay on the big screen...

Tony Brothers can eat a Vegas buffet of dicks.

Mugen
05-14-2014, 02:12 AM
Spurs are gonna have to turn up da classiness next series, no doubt.

james evans
05-14-2014, 02:15 AM
spurs are gonna have to shoot 95% from the field and hope the thunder misses at least half of their freethrows.there is no way on earth we can possibly beat them with this type of officiating. i'm just preparing for the bullshit

heyheymymy
05-14-2014, 02:32 AM
same as it ever was. the nba used the sterling scandal to play up an positive "togetherness" angle and now that it has gone stale, they want the clippers and that story gone.

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 03:01 AM
The start of this video is the replay that everybody, including Doc on the arena on the big screen saw, but that Tony Brothers said in his report they didn't see... :lol

q2CoiBaTb5k

:cry "nba aint rigged" :cry
:cry why watch if u think its rigged :cry

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 03:03 AM
And please, don't forget the foul called on Paul to gift OKChoke 3 fts :lmao

Baam
05-14-2014, 03:17 AM
http://www.basketusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Bnk91WPIAAAvsxx.jpg

Baam
05-14-2014, 03:19 AM
Btw I always enjoyed watching Cp3 play as much as anyone in the league but his interview makes me appreciate him outside the court as well, very classy guy, not deflecting or making excuses...

rascal
05-14-2014, 04:29 AM

This is the real reason for all the complaining about the refs, spurs can't beat OK City anyways.

Mal
05-14-2014, 04:34 AM
Reggie Jackson with all-star treatment. :lmao
Barnes didnt fucking touch the ball. :lmao
Chimpbrook bailed out on 3pt attempt :lmao
Last no-call :lmao

dg7md
05-14-2014, 04:46 AM
Such a joke that they called that touch foul on Westbrook when the league barely calls any of those in the last minute of a game. :lol

testies
05-14-2014, 05:27 AM
I was like Spurminator, I thought rigging claims were pathetic excuses from sore fans.. Untill Calciopoli in Italy happened : the most prestigious football (soccer) league at the time relegated the biggest club and took away two of their championships after police investigation and a huge scandal envolving fixing, bribing etc..

And American sports are way less professional and much more of a WWE joke than Euro soccer. (First of all, they don't call it basketball, or mixed martial arts, they say NBA and UFC, everything is owned by a private company in search for profit, on counterpart, soccer is organized by the own clubs and a federation, and people call it, well, football, not fucking Serie A or Premier League)

Anyways, AMerican sports are the most corrupt in the world, its a fucking monopoly that owns some teams and blocks trades, fine people for saying X or Y, fine commentators for saying bad stuff about refs, they basically write scripts. Spurs should be applauded ad eternum for getting 4 rings despite being a huge block in profits for NBA

Fireball
05-14-2014, 05:55 AM
Such a joke that they called that touch foul on Westbrook when the league barely calls any of those in the last minute of a game. :lol I just watched the game ... wow, what a travesty ... and really with this foul calling we would have gotten calls in game 6/7 of the Finals in the last seconds with Green and Manu trying to make plays.

romsho
05-14-2014, 07:57 AM

Destiny= Ordained by the League

lil'mo
05-14-2014, 08:07 AM
I was like Spurminator, I thought rigging claims were pathetic excuses from sore fans.. Untill Calciopoli in Italy happened : the most prestigious football (soccer) league at the time relegated the biggest club and took away two of their championships after police investigation and a huge scandal envolving fixing, bribing etc..

And American sports are way less professional and much more of a WWE joke than Euro soccer. (First of all, they don't call it basketball, or mixed martial arts, they say NBA and UFC, everything is owned by a private company in search for profit, on counterpart, soccer is organized by the own clubs and a federation, and people call it, well, football, not fucking Serie A or Premier League)

Anyways, AMerican sports are the most corrupt in the world, its a fucking monopoly that owns some teams and blocks trades, fine people for saying X or Y, fine commentators for saying bad stuff about refs, they basically write scripts. Spurs should be applauded ad eternum for getting 4 rings despite being a huge block in profits for NBA

Best and actually only good post I've seen from testies

boutons_deux
05-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Doc was repeatedly clear that Clips got fucked in what could be a series-defining call (not winning game5 on the road) but also repeatedly said the Clips put themselves in a position to be screwed.

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Guys, choking is choking, doesn't mean the team that choked didn't get robbed. Those are 2 diff things idk why a lot of posters are mixing them together tbh.

jag
05-14-2014, 08:37 AM

I'm more than willing to accept that outside forces have influenced the outcome of numerous NBA and ABA games. But this nonsense you just posted, in no way supports that.

You should familiarize yourself with FIFA and Sepp Blatter.

Also, people in Italy don't even call it "football," they call it calcio. And yes they do call it Serie A, or they'll refer to it with their equivalent of First Division. As far as the Premier League goes, it's actually called the Barclays Premier League. You know Barclays, the massive multinational banking company that has been involved in numerous controversies regarding its business practices.

davidbowie
05-14-2014, 08:39 AM
I can't wait to blame the refs once we blow it!

littlecoyotecoin
05-14-2014, 08:40 AM

I didn't see the game last night, so I can't comment on it specifically. However, to say a fix is ridiculous, is well, ridiculous. This is a league where refs have been called out by one ousted for gambling for doing that very thing: fixing games. Essentially that whole thing was swept under the rug with one scapegoat. It is not ridiculous to believe there might be MORE to the story, when there actually IS a story. It is agreed on that "stars" get certain calls that regular players do not. Regular players have to "earn" the right to have the rules be applied correctly in their cases. Announcers believe this and most fans believe this to be a genuine phenomenon. So, everyone agrees that the rules are applied in a bias fashion, but it is "ridiculous" to debate how far the bias extends? What would be ridiculous to, blindly, believe is that a bunch of billionaires do NOT collude in order increase their profits. I am a capitalist, but also am aware that many organizations tend toward that goal. A little subterfuge is also necessary. You can't just go about a crooked plan out in the open, if you have one. You can't put LeBron and Durant in the finals year after year until a more favorable matchup for you comes along. These things would have to be done with subtlety. The majority of fans would have to believe that the playing field is a relatively fair one or else you would be defeating your own purpose because fans would leave in droves. Even having the international Spurs in the finals may play into their marketing plans, globally. They never went after Sterling until he threatened the money tree. They're not in this to do what is morally right. Just slapping a "ridiculous" tag on it is a rather convenient way or addressing a wildly complex situation. It flies in the face of what other corporations do: tobacco companies did not want you to know what they discussed behind closed doors, fast food chains hire food chemists and it isn't to figure out how to provide healthier meals, Microsoft is caught manipulating its playing field in many manner of ways, Apple does it too, Monsanto patents grain plants breeding in the wild, Governors may be in bed with toll-road companies while pushing toll roads on constituents that repeatedly vote them down (eventually when it gets through it will be touted as the people's will...), Railroads, drug companies and their lobby, the list is fucking endless...

But the NBA, because I love the game, stands above all of this and is somehow autoimmune to the possibility that any greed, corruption, or collusion could enter into their decision-making. They will never make any morally questionable decisions to tilt the capitalist playing field in their direction. That 90ft of wood floor is sacred.

I guess that is possible, but ridiculous to consider otherwise?

lil'mo
05-14-2014, 08:43 AM
The clippers didn't help their cause by playing poorly while the refs were trying to manipulate the outcome of the game. No matter how you look at it the refs assisted the thunder to victory. Stupids. :rolleyes

lil'mo
05-14-2014, 08:47 AM
:clap littlecoyotecoin

kaji157
05-14-2014, 08:50 AM

q2CoiBaTb5k

I am still laughing at the 10% Spurminator gives that that ball was of Barnes. Barnes is not even close to the ball.

pgardn
05-14-2014, 09:01 AM
I can't wait to blame the refs once we blow it!

Mr. Optimism.

Just blame them now since you know the outcome.

superbigtime
05-14-2014, 09:08 AM

Me too. The fix is in. I feel like I'm believing a WWF wrestling match when I was a little kid. We all just want honest games and unbiased referees. The league doesn't care about pure sport. it's all about ratings and $$$. Absolute bullshit. This is one of the reasons I quit spending my hard earned money on the drama sport of NBA basketball. I hate the Clippers but fuck the NBA.

Seventyniner
05-14-2014, 09:11 AM

q2CoiBaTb5k

I know I'm in the minority here but I am actually perfectly OK with how the refs handled this play. Barnes fouled Jackson but the refs missed the call, ball goes out off of Jackson. The refs, knowing they can't call the foul now, do the best they can and give the ball to the Thunder. This stuff happens all the time earlier in games and never gets called out.

If the foul was actually called the Thunder would have gotten 2 FTs instead of possession but you can't make everything perfect.

pgardn
05-14-2014, 09:12 AM

q2CoiBaTb5k

UBd51P533FE

That rule is a good one and I know it was not meant to be applicable to the Jackson/Barnes situation. I would like to see how it is written though. Jackson would not have lost the ball unless he was fouled in the first place. I do think the foul caused him to lose the ball, but it's clearly a foul on the wrong hand of two that had control. I think the rule was meant for the same hand mostly on rebounding. The wording here is important in the rule book.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 09:13 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnl4CeAIYAAtONZ.jpg

Where's Sperm faggot?

cd021
05-14-2014, 09:13 AM

Jordan-6 fouls in 20 Minutes

Paul with 5 in 40 minutes (averaging 4 PF in 37 mpg this series, he averaged 2.5 to 36.5 in the RS)

Davis with 5 in 18 minutes

Barnes with 4

only Ibaka had more than 3 for OKC

that is eerily similar to the '12 WCF .OKC took 31 FTs and four Spurs players (Jackson, Duncan, Diaw and Ginobili) all had at least 4 fouls. Only 1 OKC player had more than 3 fouls (Westbrook)

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 09:14 AM
I know I'm in the minority here but I am actually perfectly OK with how the refs handled this play. Barnes fouled Jackson but the refs missed the call, ball goes out off of Jackson. The refs, knowing they can't call the foul now, do the best they can and give the ball to the Thunder. This stuff happens all the time earlier in games and never gets called out.

If the foul was actually called the Thunder would have gotten 2 FTs instead of possession but you can't make everything perfect.

Yes, but if the refs call a foul on that play that's only 2 free throws for OKC. The refs instead call a non-foul on CP3 to award Westbrick game winning free throws instead of game tying free throws.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 09:15 AM
And then the refs don't call the foul on Reggie Jackson (in favor of CP3 - see last picture) to award the Clippers game winning free throws. So yes, it is a problem overall.

peacemaker885
05-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Also probably in the minority, but like what Pop says, its a game of mistakes. In that last minute, I think that the Clippers committed more mistakes than OKC. One can't control the refs.

Russ
05-14-2014, 09:26 AM

:tu

These complaints about the refs always ignore the calls that went against the supposedly favored team.

It's like "what's mine is mine and what's yours is negotiable."

poop
05-14-2014, 09:36 AM

Where's Sperm faggot?

Complete disgrace. Anyone who actually watched the game could see how one sided the officiating became

r0drig0lac
05-14-2014, 09:49 AM
so really there are still people justifying the refs, because of the mistakes of LA? simply put, the only correct result would be the victory of LA (even with its errors), simple

4down
05-14-2014, 09:56 AM

This. Makes choking much more likely. Also makes younger and more athletic teams look infinitely more so when they are allowed more physicality.

It can be overcome, imo, but that type of 'game management' will unravel many a quality contender

WildcardManu
05-14-2014, 09:57 AM
It was disgusting...I couldn't turn away.... Now let's hope OKC cashed in their bail out card for the playoffs.

pgardn
05-14-2014, 10:13 AM

Where's Sperm faggot?

The first picture is one frame. He could have hit his arm before this particular frame.

Where is the sequence of frames?

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 10:19 AM
The first picture is one frame. He could have hit his arm before this particular frame.

Where is the sequence of frames?

Everywhere on the internet. We weren't shown a clear replay of the sequence.

cd98
05-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Thunderrefs aren't getting special treatment versus L.A. But they did against the Grizzlies, and they will if they play Spurs or Portland.

rude1_79
05-14-2014, 11:49 AM
ref tony brothers on call: TONY BROTHERS, NBA officiating crew chief (to a pool reporter): "When the ball goes out of bounds, the ball was awarded to Oklahoma City. We go review the play. We saw two replays. The two replays we saw were from the overhead camera showing down, and the one from under the basket showing the same angle but from a different view. And from those two replays, it was inconclusive as to who the ball went out of bounds off of. When it's inconclusive, we have to go with the call that was on the floor."

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-140513/okc-late-run-delivers-3-2-lead

my question is who runs the video for the refs to see when its time to review video. why were they not shown the clearer side angle where it clearly goes off jacksons hands.

ElNono
05-14-2014, 11:52 AM
That rule is a good one and I know it was not meant to be applicable to the Jackson/Barnes situation. I would like to see how it is written though. Jackson would not have lost the ball unless he was fouled in the first place. I do think the foul caused him to lose the ball, but it's clearly a foul on the wrong hand of two that had control. I think the rule was meant for the same hand mostly on rebounding. The wording here is important in the rule book.

The refs don't have that kind of latitude to make such a decision. The review is strictly to determine who touched the ball last.

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Btw I always enjoyed watching Cp3 play as much as anyone in the league but his interview makes me appreciate him outside the court as well, very classy guy, not deflecting or making excuses...
He only wasn't making excuses this time because his choke was so embarrassing and obvious that he could never.... usually he blames his chokejobs on Blake or the coach :lol

Strategic
05-14-2014, 01:03 PM
I thought I saw Perkins put an "accidental" fist in a Clippers' face in the first quarter of game 5. Does anyone have a video on it?

DrSteffo
05-14-2014, 01:33 PM
Im embarrassed for some bolded posters in this thread tbh...I think that BNSF suck donkey balls after Timvp and Bruno left tbh, with some exceptions.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 01:52 PM
:lol Damn, sorry guys, I didn't mean to cause any lingering butthurt last night.

Y'all need to learn to handle dissenting opinions better... It's an important life skill.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-14-2014, 01:58 PM
:lmao spermfaggot getting demolished.

DrSteffo
05-14-2014, 01:58 PM
:lol Damn, sorry guys, I didn't mean to cause any lingering butthurt last night.

Y'all need to learn to handle dissenting opinions better... It's an important life skill.

You need to learn to admit that you are wrong. I know you are not mature enough, just saying.

spurs10
05-14-2014, 02:12 PM
That rule is a good one and I know it was not meant to be applicable to the Jackson/Barnes situation. I would like to see how it is written though. Jackson would not have lost the ball unless he was fouled in the first place. I do think the foul caused him to lose the ball, but it's clearly a foul on the wrong hand of two that had control. I think the rule was meant for the same hand mostly on rebounding. The wording here is important in the rule book.Exactly! The ball didn't go out on the same hand Barnes touched. It's a very weak spin to an obvious bad call.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 02:35 PM
You need to learn to admit that you are wrong. I know you are not mature enough, just saying.

See, that's the thing with nuance. There is no right or wrong. There's popular opinion and unpopular. You guys get too worked up over disagreement.

And for what? Are we really supposed to lose sleep on behalf of the Clippers because an arguably bad call was partially responsible for their blowing a 13 point lead late in the fourth quarter?

I might feel worse for them if they were making a 13 point comeback and caught a bad break on a call, but in this case I'm not sure why so many of you are treating them like helpless victims. Or, worse, victims of a fix. :lol

DrSteffo
05-14-2014, 02:39 PM
See, that's the thing with nuance. There is no right or wrong. There's popular opinion and unpopular. You guys get too worked up over disagreement.

And for what? Are we really supposed to lose sleep on behalf of the Clippers because an arguably bad call was partially responsible for their blowing a 13 point lead late in the fourth quarter?

I might feel worse for them if they were making a 13 point comeback and caught a bad break on a call, but in this case I'm not sure why so many of you are treating them like helpless victims. Or, worse, victims of a fix. :lol

Ok so not mature enough. Maybe you should complain some more about my grammar?

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Ok so not mature enough. Maybe you should complain some more about my grammar?

"You still don't see things my way, you must be immature!"

And when did I complain about your grammar?

Dude, agree to disagree. Move on.

poeticism707
05-14-2014, 02:45 PM

Not that I am saying this is you:

Funny, spoiled rich kids wtih too much money, attention, and no discipline whatsover, always thinks there is no right or wrong, that all things are relative, that morality is is imposed by society, blah, blah, blah...

Until they get robbed by some local thugs who also thought all things were relative.

Then then they go on the news, and cry about how they were "wronged."

Irony at it's finest.

DrSteffo
05-14-2014, 02:58 PM
"You still don't see things my way, you must be immature!"

And when did I complain about your grammar?

Dude, agree to disagree. Move on.'

Aha you cannot admit you were wrong. It's ok, most people cannot. You mocked my English a few posts ago. You can go back in this thread and check it now (it's not that difficult). Since you were rude to me I will be rude to you now and call you a wanker. Yes we disagree.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Portland series ain't over yet.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 03:19 PM
You mocked my English a few posts ago. You can go back in this thread and check it now (it's not that difficult).

No, it was your reading comprehension I was mocking, and it clearly still needs work.

DrSteffo
05-14-2014, 03:24 PM
U don't reed good.

Wanker.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 03:26 PM
(Shakes head, exits thread)

DrSteffo
05-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Wanker exits thread, job done.

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Spurminator

kaji157
05-14-2014, 08:40 PM
NBA doing it all over again in the Heat-Nets series

superjames1992
05-14-2014, 08:43 PM
NBA doing it all over again in the Heat Brooklin series
Yep. :lol

kaji157
05-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Yep. :lol

Itīs like they have it scripted.
I hope the script only goes as far as Conference Finals. Meaning they want Spurs OKC and Miami vs Indy.
If they scripted the finals theres 99% chance we are not in it.

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 09:25 PM

Obviously the first pic is after the contact. Foul was during release. Which explains why the shot was such a duck.

The last play was probably a foul, making it the 2,475,359th time in NBA history that a foul was not called on the last play of the game.

:cry Fix! :cry

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Obviously the first pic is after the contact. Foul was during release. Which explains why the shot was such a duck.

The last play was probably a foul, making it the 2,475,359th time in NBA history that a foul was not called on the last play of the game.

:cry Fix! :cry

:lmao keep deflecting, you've proven that after almost 22k posts you are still an idiot

Spurminator
05-14-2014, 09:35 PM
SOLID ARGUMENT!!

:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap
:lobt2::lobt2:
:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

:yield

100%duncan
05-14-2014, 09:42 PM
SOLID ARGUMENT!!

:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap
:lobt2::lobt2:
:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Yeah because defending the refs for obvious calls that are made more obvious in pictures is legit :lol

hsxvvd
05-14-2014, 11:03 PM
THIS makes it tough to be excited to make the Western Finals. It simply isn't in the NBA's plan to have anybody but Durant playing in the finals. :(

heyheymymy
05-15-2014, 01:21 AM
they don't want okc in the 14 finals! okc had harden in 12 and still got stomped and it was a quiet lame series. the spurs just played the nike-fed super colluded miami biogenics to within a bounce and the spurs are looking like they are back and just as good if not better this year. the people will clamor for a rematch of mia sas in the finals.

they just want okc in the wcf so badly so they can ditch the clippers and the sterling story like the yesterdays news that it is. at first they spun it and pumped it for some 'we are one' shirts and sentiments, but the story goes on and it hurts the league brand, and the nba looks like they want the clippers and their bad for biz drama out of the picture now with the kind of calls we are seeing.

DrSteffo
05-15-2014, 04:04 AM
Yeah because defending the refs for obvious calls that are made more obvious in pictures is legit :lol

Yep. Facts are not important for some wankers.

Kidd K
05-15-2014, 04:38 AM
The Heat are getting away with shit now too.

Honestly, if OKC got called the same way teams that play them do, they would be NO THREAT to the Spurs imo.

:lmao keep deflecting, you've proven that after almost 22k posts you are still an idiot

Post count has never been an indicator of quality on any forum imo. Especially when you can just spam one liners or an emote or two and it's equal in post count to a guy who posts one with several well thought out paragraphs like game grade threads.

But yeah, he def doesn't know what he's talking about, lol

DrSteffo
05-15-2014, 08:07 AM
The bolded font here just gets sillier and sillier. Half of the BNSF should be pinked tbh.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Spurs are fucked pretty much, no way we are getting past the refs. It was a great run
C'mon man....really?

cjw
05-15-2014, 09:16 AM
Post count has never been an indicator of quality on any forum imo. Especially when you can just spam one liners or an emote or two and it's equal in post count to a guy who posts one with several well thought out paragraphs like game grade threads.

Time for thumbs up / down on posts. Quality, not quantity.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-15-2014, 09:16 AM
Holy fucking shit Spermfaggot jus elevated his level of faggotry and intellectual ineptitude to a whole new level :lmao

jARS mEsH sEt
05-15-2014, 09:21 AM
By the way Spermfaggot isn't even a real bold :rollin

He's an original member of spurstalk. Back then kori would bold anyone she changed avatar names for.

Nowdays, there's a secret bold selection.

Get fucked you halfblood/muggle faggot :rollin You're not like us bold "pure bloods" :lmao

TVI
05-15-2014, 09:33 AM
I think everyone agrees that the Clipps choked some, but the fact that minimal contact would result in free throws for the meths and never for the Clipps in the last few minutes is so incosistent that it reeks of fixing.

poop
05-15-2014, 09:35 AM
If Spermdouche had actually watched the game and seen all the questionable stuff in context, he would know how fucked up it really was.

TVI
05-15-2014, 10:06 AM
This is the real reason for all the complaining about the refs, spurs can't beat OK City anyways.
Not if Beta and Westbrick take 30 FT per game.

TVI
05-15-2014, 10:12 AM
But the NBA, because I love the game, stands above all of this and is somehow autoimmune to the possibility that any greed, corruption, or collusion could enter into their decision-making. They will never make any morally questionable decisions to tilt the capitalist playing field in their direction. That 90ft of wood floor is sacred.

I guess that is possible, but ridiculous to consider otherwise?Best. Post. Ever.

rascal
05-15-2014, 11:13 AM
they don't want okc in the 14 finals! okc had harden in 12 and still got stomped and it was a quiet lame series. the spurs just played the nike-fed super colluded miami biogenics to within a bounce and the spurs are looking like they are back and just as good if not better this year. the people will clamor for a rematch of mia sas in the finals.

they just want okc in the wcf so badly so they can ditch the clippers and the sterling story like the yesterdays news that it is. at first they spun it and pumped it for some 'we are one' shirts and sentiments, but the story goes on and it hurts the league brand, and the nba looks like they want the clippers and their bad for biz drama out of the picture now with the kind of calls we are seeing.

No the people don't care to watch the Spurs.

Spurminator
05-15-2014, 11:34 AM

Yep. Facts are not important for some wankers.

The Heat are getting away with shit now too.

Honestly, if OKC got called the same way teams that play them do, they would be NO THREAT to the Spurs imo.

The bolded font here just gets sillier and sillier. Half of the BNSF should be pinked tbh.

Holy fucking shit Spermfaggot jus elevated his level of faggotry and intellectual ineptitude to a whole new level :lmao

By the way Spermfaggot isn't even a real bold :rollin

He's an original member of spurstalk. Back then kori would bold anyone she changed avatar names for.

Nowdays, there's a secret bold selection.

Get fucked you halfblood/muggle faggot :rollin You're not like us bold "pure bloods" :lmao

If Spermdouche had actually watched the game and seen all the questionable stuff in context, he would know how fucked up it really was.

:cry :cry :cry

Y'all right, I can't compete with this level of intellect.

Seventyniner
05-15-2014, 11:44 AM
:cry :cry :cry

Y'all right, I can't compete with this level of intellect.

Never argue with fools. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

It's even worse when they band together.

mclinejr
05-15-2014, 11:49 AM
We can only hope that the Clippers miraculously take this series.

100%duncan
05-19-2014, 09:39 PM

poop
05-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Ref-flle westbrook mvp of the game so far

davidbowie
05-19-2014, 09:45 PM
This is insane. Getting bailed out every other call smh

UZER
05-19-2014, 09:54 PM
Every time the spurs start to pull away, someone is at the line for okc.

hsxvvd
05-19-2014, 10:14 PM
Here we go