PDA

View Full Version : To get to the finals pop and Duncan MUST announce their retirement after this season

Aremid
05-13-2014, 11:52 PM
The nba wants a good, compelling storyline for the NBA finals. The league seems to really want the Durant vs lebron angle. The only story that can offset this and the nba's agenda is if pop and Duncan announce their retirement after this season. It's a story of closure and redemption.

Prime Time
05-13-2014, 11:53 PM
Haven't you heard? Duncan has 2 good years left, duh.

kaji157
05-13-2014, 11:58 PM
You might be crazy, they already want OKC to face Miami and you will basically give them the idea that the Spurs might dismantle after this season and they wont be able to market the winning team. That would mean a FT record for OKC in a 4 game sweep against us.

Biernutz
05-14-2014, 12:00 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/tyson_movie_zps34488112.gif

dg7md
05-14-2014, 07:01 AM
It's awful Spurfan thinks we'll lose that badly in the WCF that we legitimately need ref assistance. :lol

lipton22
05-14-2014, 07:42 AM
I kind of understand what the OP is saying. The nba does seem to love storylines. Last year Pop sat his starters against the Heat which created a compelling finals story. The year before that it was the whole "second best player versus the first." And the year before that Dirk goes up against the team that did a back door sweep on Dallas in the finals. I also remember when the league wanted to see the Lakers vs the Celtics rivalry again. I don't think the games are fixed but if the league thinks they can get a story out of something that may ignore the right calls. I don't think we need the refs. We just need them to be fair or at least get a good amount of calls right. If games were a completely fixed we'd have seen Kobe vs Lebron by now.

will_spurs
05-14-2014, 08:30 AM
It's awful Spurfan thinks we'll lose that badly in the WCF that we legitimately need ref assistance. :lol

You have understood nothing.

bklynspursfan
05-14-2014, 09:19 AM
All that will do is make them rig it quicker so they're done faster lol. Maybe if TD tells his teammates that in confidence, they will give 200% effort every minute of every game.