PDA

View Full Version : Will Tony Parker have the balls to call out Westbrook again?

JohnnyMax
05-14-2014, 03:29 AM
Stephen A Smith Skip Bayless on Tony Parker Calling out Russel Westbrook (2012 playoffs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuWkJmJe_CQ

cd021
05-14-2014, 09:23 AM
let Parker go hard at em on the court and have the media take the shots at Westbrook.

EVAY
05-14-2014, 09:32 AM
Is he 'ball-less' if he doesn't?

Parker ends up being damned if he does and damned if he doesn't in these situations with a question like that.

For example, last year when Danny Green was doing his job, i.e., knocking down 3's in a situation where Tim/Tony were being doubled, everybody in the media was talking about the fact that Green was being left open by the Heat, and was making them pay for that. Everybody in the basketball world was
saying that the Heat were stupid for not keeping someone on Green. Tony was asked about it in a press conference and said what everyone was thinking, that he "couldn't believe they were leaving him open, because if you leave Danny Green open he is gonna make those shots". Then folks claimed that Tony was giving the Heat locker-room material for calling them out, and some idiots have even claimed that they knew Tony's personal motivation in saying that was "was mad that Green was getting so much press".

Tony doesn't need to prove his manhood to anyone on this board or anywhere else. He does that in his actions every time he drives the lane as the smallest guy on the court and takes the beating from the other team's bigs while scoring at about 50% for the season. Anyone who questions that is really looking for something to bitch about, but that doesn't stop it from happening repeatedly on this board.

cd98
05-14-2014, 10:59 AM
I think the Spurs strategy, if they play the Thunder this year, will be to make Westbrook the team's leading scorer and shot taker. I think they will love for that to happen. His shot selection reminds me of a young Kobe Bryant, except he's not as good as Kobe. Kobe made some amazing shots. Triple teamed, fading away, far from the hoop...all while his open teammates watched in disappointment. Westbrook is the same way. Sure he'll make a few incredible shots, but the more bad shots he's taking, the more good shots his teammates won't be able to take. I wish Thunder would guard TP w/ Westbrook, but it will be a SF guarding TP.

Horse
05-14-2014, 12:35 PM
I think we have to let westbrook and durant gets theirs and hold everyone else down. Somehow make them a jumpshooting team cause when they're aggresive going to the basket is when all the bs calls happen and thats when we get in trouble. As far as the officials not calling them for obvious fouls we're fucked!

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-14-2014, 12:45 PM
That OKC team has two damn players. If they survive and Spurs don't belly flop there should be no damn reason why the Spurs should not beat them. If OKC goes to the final it will be a sweep by the Heat....

capek
05-14-2014, 12:58 PM
what a stupid conversation. so don't miss watching any espn content.

Pauleta14
05-14-2014, 01:28 PM
When will people understand Parker doesn't talk trash or "calls out" anybody?

That's just not who he is...

He is just VERY candid with the media and like to say what he thinks, he is wrong imo, but there are no premeditation or goals when he says such stupid things! (same thing during the last finals when he said he didn't understand why Danny was still open. As stupid as it was, it wasn't because he "feared the mvp tophy would escape him" as I read many times on this board...)

Diego20
05-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Stephen is gay? tbh