PDA

View Full Version : Thank god that blunder happened already

testies
05-14-2014, 05:15 AM
If we do play OKC, refs will have to keep it less blatant now

exstatic
05-14-2014, 06:57 AM
Why? They'll keep their jobs, and probably get a bonus. No one was worried about it being 'blatant' last night.

My only consolation is that if the NBA and their sponsors get their 'dream' series of Miami/OKC, it will be a dud. OKC cannot handle adversity if they don't have the refs, and those will be firmly in Miami's pocket. It'll go 5 games, max.

Mal
05-14-2014, 06:59 AM
Yeah like nothing like this happend before.

hsxvvd
05-14-2014, 07:01 AM
Best case scenario Tony Brothers gets taken out of OKC games. But no way that is happening.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Why? They'll keep their jobs, and probably get a bonus. No one was worried about it being 'blatant' last night.

My only consolation is that if the NBA and their sponsors get their 'dream' series of Miami/OKC, it will be a dud. OKC cannot handle adversity if they don't have the refs, and those will be firmly in Miami's pocket. It'll go 5 games, max.

Spurs/Heat series had higher ratings. I think the NBA wants a Heat/Spurs rematch. That was one of the best finals in awhile. OKC/Spurs WCF would draw higher ratings than a LAC/SPURS WCF.

EVAY
05-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Spurs/Heat series had higher ratings. I think the NBA wants a Heat/Spurs rematch. That was one of the best finals in awhile. OKC/Spurs WCF would draw higher ratings than a LAC/SPURS WCF.

Disagree. I think the Spurs/Heat matchup drew good ratings because it was a classic 'underdog (spurs) vs. giant (heat)' matchup that went 7 games. Plus, the Spurs just about bulldozed everybody on their way to the Finals, so there was that "maybe the old guys can knock off the champs thing". Also there is always a better chance at good ratings in a true "finale", like a 7th game, as they had last year.

NBA markets stars vs. the sport. So a match-up between LeBron and Kevin would be an easy marketing assignment, and would likely draw a big crowd.

You are right, I believe, about the SAS/OKC WCF being higher rated probably than the LAC/SAS WCF, but for the same reason I listed above. They would star Kevin Durant.

testies
05-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Good thing about last years finals is that there were no scuffles/fake toughness, I think D-Wade and Haslem are the only assholes of all players in Heat/Spurs combined

Mugen
05-14-2014, 11:23 AM
testies, how long is the bus that takes you to school?

DD
05-14-2014, 11:25 AM
:lolThis nigga still making threads about that game

testies
05-14-2014, 11:25 AM
I'M MAD OK

LET ME BE

RobbyH
05-14-2014, 12:17 PM
:lmao damage control. If that blunder didn't happen the Clippers would win the series.

poop
05-14-2014, 12:22 PM
That game was the clippers game and with it they probably would have won the series. Now they almost certainly wont. All due to a few key, horrible calls by the refs.

Budkin
05-14-2014, 12:30 PM
RefKC to Spurs...

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww167/ronin7997/Bloodsport-ChongLeeYouAreNext.gif

Horry Hipcheck
05-14-2014, 03:20 PM
testies, how long is the bus that takes you to school?

:lol

That shit is going is going in my sig.