PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: The review system needs to be eliminated or reformed

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Marc Spears was on NBA sattelite radio earlier and he mentioned that each team has a review board that sets up the reviews that the refs get to see, and MethKC's board purposely chose the shitty TV angles for the out-of-bounds call instead of the better angles on the Jumbotron....

How is this anything other than a huge conflict of interest? This gives team employees a way to blatantly rig or influence officiating!

As far as I'm concerned, the NBA needs to do two things: 1.) investigate MethKC's replay board and dole out the appropriate punishment to the team if it turns out they purposely chose the worst possible angles, and 2.) change the replay system to a centralized system at NBA HQ like the NFL and NHL do, or just get rid of it altogether....

This doesn't let Choke Paul off the hook, but it's unbelieveable that the NBA has allowed this sham to go on....

Budkin
05-14-2014, 12:44 PM
I was not even aware of that. The fact that it's not independent is laughable.

baseline bum
05-14-2014, 01:24 PM
That's a pretty serious accusation. You got a link for that? Surely Spears would write about this if it's true, since that's his job.

celticfan
05-14-2014, 01:25 PM
The OP right now = :cry

baseline bum
05-14-2014, 01:30 PM
I just read Spears' article on ESPN and he says OKC claimed they used the same angles on the review as they did on Jumbotron.

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 01:33 PM
:cry LeBron travels on every play!!! :cry

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 01:35 PM
I just read Spears' article on ESPN and he says OKC claimed they used the same angles on the review as they did on Jumbotron.
Yes, but the refs said they "didn't have the right replays":

Rivers and Paul said they were told by the referees that they didn't have the right replay to change the call. That contention is likely what sparked Rivers to yell at Bennett, the Thunder owner, after the game.

"We did a lot of stuff in the game ourselves," Rivers said. "But at the end of the day, we have a replay system that you're supposed to look at it. I don't want to hear that they didn't have that replay. That's a bunch of crap."

They only got to see two angles whereas the crowd at the stadium reportedly were shown several more....

Captivus
05-14-2014, 01:36 PM
The replay help if the officials can actually call what they see, in this case a foul on Jackson...2FTs. But they cant, even if they see it. So they fix one mistake (missed foul) with another (LAC ball).
Why cant they just call the foul...who cares if you are not reviewing that.

Imagine if a player waits until the officials are distracted (lets say watching a replay) and hits Durant with a hammer, Durant has to go out.
That player will surely gonna get a few games penalty...BUT...can they eject him? I mean, they didnt see it, and they CANT use the replay for that.

Thebesteva
05-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Marc Spears was on NBA sattelite radio earlier and he mentioned that each team has a review board that sets up the reviews that the refs get to see, and MethKC's board purposely chose the shitty TV angles for the out-of-bounds call instead of the better angles on the Jumbotron....

How is this anything other than a huge conflict of interest? This gives team employees a way to blatantly rig or influence officiating!

As far as I'm concerned, the NBA needs to do two things: 1.) investigate MethKC's replay board and dole out the appropriate punishment to the team if it turns out they purposely chose the worst possible angles, and 2.) change the replay system to a centralized system at NBA HQ like the NFL and NHL do, or just get rid of it altogether....

This doesn't let Choke Paul off the hook, but it's unbelieveable that the NBA has allowed this sham to go on....

Yet, if your team won and benefited from it you'd be like this

":lol Salty ass OKC fans, :cry we didn't choke it was because of the instant replay"

celticfan
05-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Lofl I have no dog in this race but it's funny to see what sore loser fans do to turn something into a conspiracy. The Clippers lost, get over it.

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Not sure why everyone's trying to make it out as "whining," I clearly stated in the OP that it doesn't let Choke Paul off the hook :lol

I actually blame Choke a lot more than I blame the refs.... I was just shocked to hear that the league actually lets teams pick the replay angles :lol

Apparently the Clippers aren't the first team to complain about this, either, it's a common complaint around the league that MethKC in particular pulls this shit :lol

celticfan
05-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Yet, if your team won and benefited from it you'd be like this

":lol Salty ass OKC fans, :cry we didn't choke it was because of the instant replay"
He is such a bitch! LOL

ffadicted
05-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Whoa I def didn't know each home team controlled what camera angles are shown.... that's insane?

celticfan
05-14-2014, 01:57 PM
LOL the Clippers lead at one point 101-88. From there on they choked hard!

Thebesteva
05-14-2014, 02:03 PM
He is such a bitch! LOL

Its his Korean nature to deflect.

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Lofl I have no dog in this race but it's funny to see what sore loser fans do to turn something into a conspiracy.
I agree, it is pretty funny:

two quick fouls on Pierce.

Brooklyn sucks. Pierce was called for two ticky fouls.

Miami taking advantage of the refs giving them some expensive foodstamps. That's all

Lebron gets away with the most travels in the league.

Miami gets away with so much on defense. They're allowed to play so physically. They are lucky not to have been called for more fouls.

Don't be mad that I'm calling him out for shit he gets away with.

LOFL another travel!

Lol that call

It's amazing that Lebron travels on every play and doesn't get called for it.

That call and the refs are so quick to give Lebron more foodstamps. Lol calling that a clear path.

Fpoonsie
05-14-2014, 02:26 PM
:wow

Gotdamn. CN bullyin' niggas in tha paint.

unforeseen
05-14-2014, 02:34 PM
I agree, it is pretty funny:

CN giving celticfan RAW ass to mouth. :lol

Budkin
05-14-2014, 02:35 PM
:lmao celticfan just got squished.

celticfan
05-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Every Clipper Nation post that is Thunder related has some variation of "RefKC" and "Thunderrefs" in it.

Bitchmade fan! LOL

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Every Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500) post that is Thunder related has some variation of "RefKC" and "Thunderrefs" in it.

Bitchmade fan! LOL
Tell me more about how :cry LeBron travels on every play :cry

:lmao

celticfan
05-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Tell me more about how :cry LeBron travels on every play :cry

:lmao
LOL! This coming from someone who was so compelled as to make a thread about how the Clippers got screwed. Tell us more about it. We are here for you. :cry

LOL 0 championships
LOL CP0

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 02:53 PM
LOL! This coming from someone who was so compelled as to make a thread about how the Clippers got screwed. Tell us more about it. We are here for you. :cry

LOL 0 championships
LOL CP0
Try again, dumbass :lol

This doesn't let Choke Paul off the hook

Not sure why everyone's trying to make it out as "whining," I clearly stated in the OP that it doesn't let Choke Paul off the hook :lol

I actually blame Choke a lot more than I blame the refs....

Beyond the terrible officiating, I'm officially done with this $107 million mental midget.... he put the game in the hands of the refs once and for all with his idiotic prevent offense down the stretch and his unclutch turnovers.... this was after disappearing on offense and at the free throw line for pretty much all of the first round, too....

This guy is never getting any further than the second round as anything other than a role player, end of story....

celticfan
05-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Are you retarded? Almost every post you have made since last night's epic choke has had the word "officiating" in it.

Calling CP0 out doesn't absolve you from being a bitch. LOL

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Are you retarded? Almost every post you have made since last night's epic choke has had the word "officiating" in it.

When you choke a big lead down to a close game, which Choke Paul did by trying to run out the shot clock instead of running the offense, it enables a bad call to decide the game.... so yes, I am absolutely blaming Choke Paul more than the refs, though it still doesn't excuse the blown calls.... regardless of those calls, if Choke had simply played basketball down the stretch instead of the basketball equivalent of a QB kneel, this would have been a win in spite of it, end of story....

Keep deflecting from the fact that EVERY one of your posts during the last Heat/Nets game was about either LeBron "traveling" or Miami "getting foodstamps from the refs," though :lol

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Somehow I missed this post as well:

lmao more foodstamps for that undeserving bitchmade pussy
Bitchmade fan AND hypocrite! :lol

Fpoonsie
05-14-2014, 03:10 PM

"Coincidentally," so does nearly every article from any NBA writer this morning.

Spurs9
05-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Did the Clips intentionally throw that game to piss off Sterling tbh?

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Another problem with the replay - Tony Brothers claimed that they were shown overhead views of the play...

In reality, they were only shown the sideline view, not the "overhead" views Brothers was claiming:

http://i.imgur.com/f3fJDSa.png

Not only did they screw up, they blatantly lied to try to cover their asses....

DarrinS
05-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Another problem with the replay - Tony Brothers claimed that they were shown overhead views of the play...

In reality, they were only shown the sideline view, not the "overhead" views Brothers was claiming:

http://i.imgur.com/f3fJDSa.png

Not only did they screw up, they blatantly lied to try to cover their asses....

Oops

RsxPiimp
05-14-2014, 06:08 PM
Oh god, the Clippers sucked ass and we're all up in arms about a call that should've been called a foul to begin with.

Nobody deserves this more than the Clippers who flopped their way into the Playoffs.

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Oh god, the Clippers sucked ass and we're all up in arms about a call that should've been called a foul to begin with.

Nobody deserves this more than the Clippers who flopped their way into the Playoffs.
Nobody denies that we sucked down the stretch, does that excuse the refs for blatantly lying?

:lmao As if Durbeta, Fisher and Westbrook aren't the absolute worst floppers in the league.... try watching the games instead of listening to the Media narratives...

DAF86
05-14-2014, 06:15 PM

Accept the loss and walk away with dignity.

RsxPiimp
05-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Nobody denies that we sucked down the stretch, does that excuse the refs for blatantly lying?

:lmao As if Durbeta, Fisher and Westbrook aren't the absolute worst floppers in the league.... try watching the games instead of listening to the Media narratives...
I like you CN and you know that, but I just fucking hate your team, so I'm pretty biased against anything Pro Clippers at this point. :lol

KaiRMD1
05-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Donald Sterling is spinning in his cancer right now, poor ol' sport