:lol :lmao :lol

:lol NBA

:lol Silver

hater
05-14-2014, 08:41 PM
that was a foul on Lebronze IMO

Double-Up
05-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Yea that was rigged, no foul called so let's give them the ball. That shit was clearly off Pierce.

hater
05-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Yea that was rigged, no foul called so let's give them the ball. That shit was clearly off Pierce.

:tu

:lmao NBA

what a joke of a league

Strange Love
05-14-2014, 08:43 PM
They got like 2 make up calls and still failed to get off a shot. So who's fault is this really?

testies
05-14-2014, 08:43 PM
Nets suck
no excuses

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Nyets choked even worse than we did AND got make-up calls.... no excuses....

sexinthatsx
05-14-2014, 08:44 PM
NBA trying to make a consistent call as witnessed from last night, but their credibility is still screwed.

Kawhi
05-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Nyets choked even worse than we did AND got make-up calls.... no excuses....
:lmao

DPG21920
05-14-2014, 08:46 PM

I am fairly sure they made the right call on the replay. I believe the rule is if the defense hit's the players hand and that is the last time the player touches the ball, it's the same as the defender hitting it out and the offense retains possession.

Seefourdc
05-14-2014, 08:47 PM
Yeah man those damn refs were completely responsible for the Nets scoring 3 points in FIVE MINUTES.

hater
05-14-2014, 08:50 PM
I am fairly sure they made the right call on the replay. I believe the rule is if the defense hit's the players hand and that is the last time the player touches the ball, it's the same as the defender hitting it out and the offense retains possession.

it was a foul thou.

which was not called. Obvious makeup call for the refs.

Red Hawk #21
05-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Seems like Pierce and KG lose to Lebron every year...

Mal
05-14-2014, 08:54 PM
I think that sequence with same defensive bump being called diffrently set the background for this comeback.

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 08:55 PM

Plus Pierce always talks shit about LeBron in the playoffs every year and then gets torched for 40+ :lol

DPG21920
05-14-2014, 08:58 PM
it was a foul thou.

which was not called. Obvious makeup call for the refs.

Was a missed foul, but not a makeup call. Since he hit his hand (foul or not) and that was the last touch, it goes back to the offense.

hater
05-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Was a missed foul, but not a makeup call. Since he hit his hand (foul or not) and that was the last touch, it goes back to the offense.

what does "foul or not" mean

at what point would it NOT be a foul and still off bounds off the defender?

Red Hawk #21
05-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Plus Pierce always talks shit about LeBron in the playoffs every year and then gets torched for 40+ :lol

Fucking truth, those dudes are gunna end their careers taking L's to the Kang.

:rollin

DPG21920
05-14-2014, 09:08 PM
what does "foul or not" mean

at what point would it NOT be a foul and still off bounds off the defender?

Because the actual rule is that hand is part of the ball. But in that scenario (defender hitting hand of offensive guy, not a foul, but the offensive players hand was the last person to touch the ball before it goes out of bounds). If it's one chain of events (defender hit's hand, hand hit's ball, ball goes out) vs that then a guy flailing then touching it again, it goes back to the offense.

hater
05-14-2014, 09:12 PM

so it says in the rules "foul or not"?

link please?

hater
05-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Because the actual rule is that hand is part of the ball.

But Lebron did not hit Pierce's hand. He hit his arm.

again question,

which scenario does this play belong to:
a) defender hits offender's hand and cause ball out of bounds (offense ball)
b) offender is the last to touch the ball (defense ball)

which one?

(let me give you a hint, (a) didn't happen)

DPG21920
05-14-2014, 09:15 PM
But Lebron did not hit Pierce's hand. He hit his arm.

again question,

which scenario does this play belong to:
a) defender hits offender's hand and cause ball out of bounds (offense ball)
b) offender is the last to touch the ball (defense ball)

which one?

Both a and b. You say he hit his arm, but it looks like he got part wrist/hand, which is why it was the correct call.

Jeremy
05-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Because the actual rule is that hand is part of the ball. But in that scenario (defender hitting hand of offensive guy, not a foul, but the offensive players hand was the last person to touch the ball before it goes out of bounds). If it's one chain of events (defender hit's hand, hand hit's ball, ball goes out) vs that then a guy flailing then touching it again, it goes back to the offense.

Didn't Pierce juggle the ball quite a bit, though, before it went out?

hater
05-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Both a and b. You say he hit his arm, but it looks like he got part wrist/hand, which is why it was the correct call.

it can't be A and B. it has to be either A or B.

I understand hand is part of the ball. But Lebron hit Pierce's arm, not hand.

thus ball should belong to Heat.

DPG21920
05-14-2014, 09:18 PM
No, he hit his wrist/hand. It probably should have been a foul, but it doesn't change the fact he hit the offensive players wrist/hand, which is what directly caused the ball to go out of bounds without any other touch by either player.

DPG21920
05-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Didn't Pierce juggle the ball quite a bit, though, before it went out?

I don't think so. If he did, disregard what I am saying. I think he flailed for it, but never touched it again.

hater
05-14-2014, 09:21 PM
No, he hit his wrist/hand.

so it was a foul. It was not a legit "hand is part of the ball" play which means option A is invalidaded. Thus the ball should have been Heat ball. Makeup play.

It probably should have been a foul, but it doesn't change the fact he hit the offensive players wrist/hand, which is what directly caused the ball to go out of bounds without any other touch by either player.

now you are just confusing yourself. you just conceited he hit his arm, now you are talking about wrist/hand like they are the same thing.

let me break it to you wrist is not a hand. Lebron hit nowhere near Pierce's hand.

watch the play again. I'm sure you are smart enough to reconsider your opinion :lol

DPG21920
05-14-2014, 09:23 PM
When I saw it, it looks like he hit part wrist, part hand. That's why I said it "probably" should be a foul. The fact they didn't call the foul means they think he hit more hand hence the correct call.

hater
05-14-2014, 09:25 PM
When I saw it, it looks like he hit part wrist, part hand. That's why I said it "probably" should be a foul. The fact they didn't call the foul means they think he hit more hand hence the correct call.

watch it again. it was NOWHERE near his hand, or wrist.

someone please post the vid to put this discussion to rest :lol

Jeremy
05-14-2014, 09:26 PM
I don't think so. If he did, disregard what I am saying. I think he flailed for it, but never touched it again.

Just saw the replay, and I think you're right. James hit both the hand and wrist (tough call), and the ball did go over to Pierce's left hand before going out, but it was James that made that happen.

hater
05-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Just saw the replay, and I think you're right. James hit both the hand and wrist (tough call), and the ball did go over to Pierce's left hand before going out, but it was James that made that happen.

thanks. so if the ball went off Pierce's other hand. definitely the rule does not apply. MAKEUP CALL

DPG21920
05-14-2014, 09:31 PM
:lol

hater
05-14-2014, 09:49 PM
just watched it again folks.

I was correct.

Lebron hits his arm nowhere near wrist/hand area.

also as Jeremy states the ball does go off Paul's left hand. Thus in either case, a makeup call. :tu

baseline bum
05-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Nyets choked even worse than we did

LOL, no way. You're shining shoes with 5 just like us and 6.

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 10:02 PM
LOL, no way. You're shining shoes with 5 just like us and 6.

:lol No, you're shinin' shoes all alone with 6, there isn't another choke in NBA history that can top that....

baseline bum
05-14-2014, 10:06 PM
:lol No, you're shinin' shoes all alone with 6, there isn't another choke in NBA history that can top that....

Though it'll be a worse choke when Sterling is still owning the team next season

Clipper Nation
05-14-2014, 10:10 PM
Though it'll be a worse choke when Sterling is still owning the team next season

Spurfan praying for the inevitable not to occur :downspin:

Franklin
05-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Nets should've won game 4 as well. Refs are Lebron's and Durant's bitches tbh.

Infinite_limit
05-15-2014, 01:45 AM
I don't think anything can be done because by nature basketball is reliant on referees. But that's American sports in general in contrast to Soccer which credits & blames "Luck". American sports and culture does not like the word "Luck". Another interesting aspect is soccer officiating openly uses makeup calls. The team losing on the scoreboard is more likely to receive borderline calls and it's accepted. In essence Americans want robots for refs/umpires.

Ultimately how did you feel about the Thunder/Barnes play?
A) I respected the refs evening it out and not screwing the Thunder twice although making the wrong call on the review
b) Refs should always make the correct call in that precise moment even if it's incorrect in the whole sequence

Sean Cagney
05-15-2014, 01:50 AM

Yes, but that one year he quit. The year before he went to Miami when he just quit and had it.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2014, 01:52 AM

Yeah sure, but that team has 4 titles and 5 finals appearances and is in the WCF's again this year!! NOT BAD FOR CHOKERS SIR..... NOT BAD! Your team can't even get near the finals to fucking choke can they?

Your franchise player is a fucking bum who can't pass round two to save his fucking life.:wow:lol

Venti Quattro
05-15-2014, 01:52 AM
Yes, but that one year he quit. The year before he went to Miami when he just quit and had it.

He also lost in 2008 when the Wheelchair won the title for Boston.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2014, 01:54 AM
He also lost in 2008 when the Wheelchair won the title for Boston.

I forgot about Pierce Wheelchair! He looked nearly dead out there screaming! Then came back lol!