PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Barkley: Lebron does more for his team..

Malik Hairston
05-14-2014, 11:48 PM
..than Dad Killer ever did..

What do you guys think of Barkley's comment, tbh?..

Kawhi
05-14-2014, 11:50 PM
So now he has good basketball takes? :lmao

apalisoc_9
05-14-2014, 11:51 PM
I was about to make the same thread :lol

In the last two years, I totally agree. I've never seen a Superstar have that much responsibility..Rebounds, Assist, Scoring, Defending the best perimeter player..Lebron does it all

apalisoc_9
05-14-2014, 11:51 PM

A broken clock is right at least once a day.

spurraider21
05-14-2014, 11:53 PM
It's an argument that can definitely be made. Doesn't necessarily mean he's "better" but he has primary responsibility on both ends, doesn't have Pippens/Rodmans to take the assignments. He literally destroyed Joe Johnson defensively to close the game, and he did a great job on Parker in the Finals last year.

IrisHockey
Chuck knows DK best, tbh..

sook
why do you guys blow your load over what this fat fuck says? He's a TV personality.

Kawhi
A broken clock is right at least once a day.he was right when he said Portland/Brooklyn were going fishing

TDMVPDPOY
05-14-2014, 11:54 PM
I was about to make the same thread :lol

In the last two years, I totally agree. I've never seen a Superstar have that much responsibility..Rebounds, Assist, Scoring, Defending the best perimeter player..Lebron does it all

his only doing what clowns like jkidd and oscar did b4 him, padding his stats

DAF86
05-14-2014, 11:54 PM
I dont know how can you disagree with that, tbh. Lebron has to be the top scorer, top assister, top rebounder and best defender of his team.

rogues
05-14-2014, 11:56 PM
What do I think about that?..uhm, it's true..

spurraider21
05-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Didn't Chuck also call the Clippers the best team in the west?

IrisHockey
05-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Deeky had the greatest coach of all time, one of the top 5 wing defenders, one of the greatest rebounders of all time, etc...

StrengthAndHonor
05-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Hard to deny it. Lebron is a beast. I've seen plenty of Jordan during his second 3 Peat run and his role was quite similar to Wade with even less ball handling duties.

In the biggest stage though, Jordan doesn't fold. He's on a other level compared to Lebron.

Infinite_limit
05-15-2014, 12:06 AM
The guy plays with 3 HOFs people.

Gummi Clutch
05-15-2014, 12:16 AM
The guy plays with 3 HOFs people.
:lol Setting him up for wide open layups and dunks. He has improved his jumper but just mildly contest his shots and his FG% will dramatically drop. Dude is a fraud and nowhere close to Jordan.

Malik Hairston
05-15-2014, 12:21 AM
:lol Setting him up for wide open layups and dunks. He has improved his jumper but just mildly contest his shots and his FG% will dramatically drop. Dude is a fraud and nowhere close to Jordan.

Who sets him up?..

Clipper Nation
05-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Chuck with a rare correct take :wow

Jacob1983
05-15-2014, 12:22 AM
This makes Wade even more of an overrated injury prone STD infested piece of shit.

scanry
05-15-2014, 12:22 AM
Hard to deny it. Lebron is a beast. I've seen plenty of Jordan during his second 3 Peat run and his role was quite similar to Wade with even less ball handling duties.

In the biggest stage though, Jordan doesn't fold. He's on a other level compared to Lebron.

And that's the reason why he'll always be the GOAT. I just don't see anyone in the near future who can replicate MJ's finals stats tbh. Call it luck, matchups or you name it, dude had it going in the finals unlike anyone we've seen till date.

Gummi Clutch
05-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Who sets him up?..
Dinosaur, Jawline, Gay Allen. The heat are built really well imo. They do a great job of making sure driving lanes are open and punish the defense when they collapse on Brawn.

Gummi Clutch
05-15-2014, 12:24 AM
And that's the reason why he'll always be the GOAT. I just don't see anyone in the near future who can replicate MJ's finals stats tbh. Call it luck, matchups or you name it, dude had it going in the finals unlike anyone we've seen till date.
Exactly. All the GOAT talk is fraud nonsense, but he has come closer than anyone has before. King fans should just leave it at that, they make themselves look way too insecure when they call him the GOAT already.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2014, 12:24 AM
Exactly. All the GOAT talk is fraud nonsense, but he has come closer than anyone has before. King fans should just leave it at that, they make themselves look way too insecure when they call him the GOAT already.
LeGOAT :worthy:

scanry
05-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Chuck with a rare correct take :wow

I just don't see the angle here. Chuck's been giving him major props these past 7 - 8 years (especially the last three). Is he trolling MJ tbh?

Clipper Nation
05-15-2014, 12:27 AM
I just don't see the angle here. Chuck's been giving him major props these past 7 - 8 years (especially the last three). Is he trolling MJ tbh?

What angle? He usually blurts out whatever shitty take comes to mind and often ends up contradicting himself, but he actually came up with a seriously good take this time....

scanry
05-15-2014, 12:31 AM
What angle? He usually blurts out whatever shitty take comes to mind and often ends up contradicting himself, but he actually came up with a seriously good take this time....

Surely you haven't noticed the love fest CN. His face lights up whenever he talks about Lebron.

spursfan1000
05-15-2014, 12:33 AM
tbh iverson had a big role.

sexinthatsx
05-15-2014, 12:36 AM
It's an argument that can definitely be made. Doesn't necessarily mean he's "better" but he has primary responsibility on both ends, doesn't have Pippens/Rodmans to take the assignments. He literally destroyed Joe Johnson defensively to close the game, and he did a great job on Parker in the Finals last year.

Calm down there...

Parker was playing injured last year in the finals

Lebron's defense on Joe Johnson tonight wasn't exactly a crucial on-the-line play

Thebesteva
05-15-2014, 12:40 AM
Id rather play for a Lebron or Magic anyday than an MJ. He was a nightmare to play with, guys like him and Kobe make sure to make your life hell. But they're winners.

unforeseen
05-15-2014, 12:42 AM
he was right when he said Portland/Brooklyn were going fishing

He initially said Portland over the OLD Spurs.

TDMVPDPOY
05-15-2014, 12:45 AM
snatching stats from others from contributing, the same sort of shit klove/kg was doing on the wolves....so whats the point of paying for the other 11 guys on the team?

ohmwrecker
05-15-2014, 12:49 AM

Only when he is fellating Lebron.

100%duncan
05-15-2014, 12:55 AM
This might be true tbh

StrengthAndHonor
05-15-2014, 12:55 AM
Id rather play for a Lebron or Magic anyday than an MJ. He was a nightmare to play with, guys like him and Kobe make sure to make your life hell. But they're winners.
Magic has the best personality of them all, on and off the court. Kobe would be the most awkward, his personality is not built for socializing or building camaraderie. I wouldn't want to hang with Jordan since he randomly asks guys if he could smash their wives.

monosylab1k
05-15-2014, 01:44 AM
While technically he's right, I'd still rather have Jordan. LeBron has still shown quite a few times where he's been a complete letdown in the clutch. He needed Ray Allen to bail him out last season or risk having a forever tarnished legacy.

And i know there's the "Jordan needed Paxson and Kerr to hit big shots too" argument, but ultimately he didn't need them in a "if they miss, Jordan's legacy is forever ruined" situation. If Paxson and Kerr missed, there was still another game to be played. If Ray Allen missed, that literally would have forever ruined LeBron's legacy.

Infinite_limit
05-15-2014, 01:52 AM
While technically he's right, I'd still rather have Jordan. LeBron has still shown quite a few times where he's been a complete letdown in the clutch. He needed Ray Allen to bail him out last season or risk having a forever tarnished legacy.

And i know there's the "Jordan needed Paxson and Kerr to hit big shots too" argument, but ultimately he didn't need them in a "if they miss, Jordan's legacy is forever ruined" situation. If Paxson and Kerr missed, there was still another game to be played. If Ray Allen missed, that literally would have forever ruined LeBron's legacy.
James will never reach the level of Jordan or even Kobe for the same reason we rather hang out with LeBron over those guys. All of the All Time greats (Except Magic who was surrounded with established HOFs his entire career) were assholes. They were willing to sacrifice friendships and even family to WIN. James simply doesn't posses that. I respect James more as a human being but as a player he's not in their class. Fortunately for James he plays in an ERA (increasingly so) where the guys all want to be butt buddies.

05-15-2014, 01:56 AM
:lol iso joe
:lol giving him props for guarding 6'1 PGs
:lol KD drops 30+ on him every time they go h2h

Bynumite
05-15-2014, 02:02 AM

Exactly.

And the Jordan to Kerr was a designed play. Allen's 3 was the product of an extremely lucky offensive rebound after Lebron bricked a triple.

RsxPiimp
05-15-2014, 02:05 AM

I've been preaching the same stuff and people will just come up with creative excuses.

That shot helped defined the most important part of Lebron James' career. Going down 1-3 in NBA Finals would've been brutal, even for a 4xMVP.

dg7md
05-15-2014, 02:31 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Michael_Jordan

Infinite_limit
05-15-2014, 02:38 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Michael_Jordan
GOATS

Jordan
Gretzky
Rice
Ruth

spurraider21
05-15-2014, 02:41 AM
GOATS

Jordan
Gretzky
Rice
Ruth
the first time i saw Gretzky's stats, i thought they were typos, no joke. its the equivalent of what Ruth did in baseball, or what Don Hutson did in the NFL long before Rice, but Gretzky is the only modern example of a guy just putting up numbers so superior to everybody else

dg7md
05-15-2014, 02:44 AM
GOATS

Jordan
Gretzky
Rice
Ruth

Basically true. Jordan haters will be quick to be judgmental but there's no question what he was doing in the NBA was unlike anything ever seen before. LeBron's stuff was always so forced as a "sequel" to Jordan. LeBron is the most talented player today, but I don't think he'll ever be better than Jordan, simply because he doesn't have the Jordan instinct and intangibles.

Jacob1983
05-15-2014, 02:49 AM
Lebron can never be perfect in the Finals. Jordan was 6 for 6.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2014, 10:00 AM
He did the same shit in Cleveland that's why he left

Clipper Nation
05-15-2014, 10:18 AM
While technically he's right, I'd still rather have Jordan. LeBron has still shown quite a few times where he's been a complete letdown in the clutch.
As has Dad Killer, and just about every other superstar in NBA history :lol

Clipper Nation
05-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Basically true. Jordan haters will be quick to be judgmental but there's no question what he was doing in the NBA was unlike anything ever seen before.
Dad Killer himself admitted he was heavily influenced by Dr. J and David Thompson.... long before DK's era, Wilt was statistically dominating more than DK could ever dream of and Russell was winning more rings than DK could ever dream of...

What was actually unlike anything ever seen before was the ridiculous media hype and slurpage that he still recieves to this day....

Phillip
05-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Lebron can never be perfect in the Finals. Jordan was 6 for 6.
Jordan played weaker competition.

The Spurs and Mavs teams that Lebron lost to, are probably superior to all of the teams that Jordan beat in the finals.

Phillip
05-15-2014, 10:53 AM

This.

MJ had more failures than people want to remember or acknowledge. However his was in a different manner than Lebron.

MJ's failures was due to poor shot selection, and not being willing to defer to the open man when massively overwhelmed.

Lebron's failures was due to limitations in his game (needing to use post game and fine tune his jumper)

What is also unfair for Lebron, is the fact that he is being so heavily knocked for losing in the Finals, when he was getting to the Finals well before he even hit his prime and was still developing his skillset, while MJ finally started making the finals once he fully developed his game and hit his prime.

Lebron and MJ both won their first title when they were 27 years old. Both players very clearly hit their primes in that season (Lebron finally began to use his post game and hit jumpers, while MJ finally began to trust his teammates when he needed them most) Before that? Lebron was getting to the playoffs, never lost in the 1st round, and got to the Finals twice. MJ flamed out in the first round a few times and never got to the Finals. Now I can kind of understand knocking Lebron for his loss to the Mavs, as he wasn't as aggressive as he should have been, although a good counter argument exists that the Mavs clear defensive focus was entirely on not allowing Lebron to beat them, and allowing Wade to do whatever he wanted. It was obvious that Lebron received WAY more defensive attention than Wade did. But knocking him for the loss to the Spurs is ridiculous considering he simply lost to a team that was FARRRRRRRR superior to his garbage Cavs team that he somehow carried to the Finals.

IMO the way Lebron lost to the Mavs is pretty much on the same plateau as the way MJ kept getting pounded by the Pistons. Both teams had gameplans tailor made for Lebron/MJ to make mistakes that would cost their team dearly (Mavs preyed on Lebron's unselfishness by overloading him constantly while leaving Wade in one-on-one coverage in hopes that Lebron would defer to Wade, Pistons preyed on MJ's extreme selfishness by trying to "punk" him and his teammates in hopes that MJ would try to do too much for himself and not trust his teammates). The only difference was that Lebron was making it to the Finals, while MJ was getting pounded by Detroit in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Still don't understand the double standards that Lebron haters/MJ lovers continue to have, when they both went through virtually identical struggles to begin their careers before they started winning championships. Ultimately, their biggest obstacle they had to overcome was mental (Lebron needing to be more alpha, MJ needing to be less alpha).

The Batman
05-15-2014, 10:56 AM
LeBron has been a complete letdown twice already in the finals.

The Batman
05-15-2014, 10:56 AM
And who is LeBron's competition btw?

monosylab1k
05-15-2014, 11:10 AM
This.

MJ had more failures than people want to remember or acknowledge. However his was in a different manner than Lebron.

MJ's failures was due to poor shot selection, and not being willing to defer to the open man when massively overwhelmed.

Lebron's failures was due to limitations in his game (needing to use post game and fine tune his jumper)

What is also unfair for Lebron, is the fact that he is being so heavily knocked for losing in the Finals, when he was getting to the Finals well before he even hit his prime and was still developing his skillset, while MJ finally started making the finals once he fully developed his game and hit his prime.

Lebron and MJ both won their first title when they were 27 years old. Both players very clearly hit their primes in that season (Lebron finally began to use his post game and hit jumpers, while MJ finally began to trust his teammates when he needed them most) Before that? Lebron was getting to the playoffs, never lost in the 1st round, and got to the Finals twice. MJ flamed out in the first round a few times and never got to the Finals. Now I can kind of understand knocking Lebron for his loss to the Mavs, as he wasn't as aggressive as he should have been, although a good counter argument exists that the Mavs clear defensive focus was entirely on not allowing Lebron to beat them, and allowing Wade to do whatever he wanted. It was obvious that Lebron received WAY more defensive attention than Wade did. But knocking him for the loss to the Spurs is ridiculous considering he simply lost to a team that was FARRRRRRRR superior to his garbage Cavs team that he somehow carried to the Finals.

IMO the way Lebron lost to the Mavs is pretty much on the same plateau as the way MJ kept getting pounded by the Pistons. Both teams had gameplans tailor made for Lebron/MJ to make mistakes that would cost their team dearly (Mavs preyed on Lebron's unselfishness by overloading him constantly while leaving Wade in one-on-one coverage in hopes that Lebron would defer to Wade, Pistons preyed on MJ's extreme selfishness by trying to "punk" him and his teammates in hopes that MJ would try to do too much for himself and not trust his teammates). The only difference was that Lebron was making it to the Finals, while MJ was getting pounded by Detroit in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Still don't understand the double standards that Lebron haters/MJ lovers continue to have, when they both went through virtually identical struggles to begin their careers before they started winning championships. Ultimately, their biggest obstacle they had to overcome was mental (Lebron needing to be more alpha, MJ needing to be less alpha).

So MJ gets knocked for beating weak Finals competition and not getting to the Finals earlier in his career, and then LeBron gets propped up for repeatedly making the Finals early in his career despite losing. But what about MJ competing against extremely difficult Eastern Conference competition, while LeBron is going up against an Eastern Conference that's been historically weak for over a decade?

RsxPiimp
05-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Jordan played weaker competition.

The Spurs and Mavs teams that Lebron lost to, are probably superior to all of the teams that Jordan beat in the finals.
Brings up a great debate. The sonics was one of the toughest team Jordan faced evident by his struggles. Yet he still had a far better averages throughout the entire series. You could say the Mavs we're Lebron's since that was his most awful NBA Fibals series to date. Between the championship team Mavs and the 2006 Sonics, I'd say Jordan faced a much tougher competition.

As far as the easiest? You can pick OKC for Lebrons career and Jordan's was the 93 Phoenix Suns. I'd still say, Jordan's competition is tougher.

Jordan faced the Knicks, Magic and Pacers in his conference. The Heat meanwhile had it easier with Indiana and an older Celtics team.

Gummi Clutch
05-15-2014, 11:16 AM
"Dad killer" is one of the worst shticks I have ever seen. If it doesn't portray Braun fan insecurity I don't know what does. Just swallow the fact that he will probably be top 10 all time, because chances are he'll never be close to MJ.

The Batman
05-15-2014, 11:18 AM
So MJ gets knocked for beating weak Finals competition and not getting to the Finals earlier in his career, and then LeBron gets propped up for repeatedly making the Finals early in his career despite losing. But what about MJ competing against extremely difficult Eastern Conference competition, while LeBron is going up against an Eastern Conference that's been historically weak for over a decade?
With 2 other superstars in their prime. The whole debate is stupid.

monosylab1k
05-15-2014, 11:20 AM

LeBron should be getting to the Finals by default, considering just how weak the EC has been. Honestly only going once with Cleveland is a massive underacheivement.

rogues
05-15-2014, 11:24 AM
"Dad killer" is one of the worst shticks I have ever seen. If it doesn't portray Braun fan insecurity I don't know what does. Just swallow the fact that he will probably be top 10 all time, because chances are he'll never be close to MJ.
:lol Your insecurity of the EC showing in every one of your fucking posts..sit down, boy..

The Batman
05-15-2014, 11:26 AM
LeBron should be getting to the Finals by default, considering just how weak the EC has been. Honestly only going once with Cleveland is a massive underacheivement.
Exactly....Even Iverson took a squad with the same talent level and won a game in the finals against tougher finals competition than LeBron in Cleveland. Definite underachievement and not sure why he gets the excuses.

monosylab1k
05-15-2014, 11:31 AM
because chances are he'll never be close to MJ.

Even if I don't think he's close to Jordan's level of greatness yet, he's certainly on pace to get there and probably surpass him. He's got one 3-peat all but locked up, and he could have another 7 or 8 years where's he's the undisputed best player in the world. His body type is so solid that he's not nearly as at risk to have a Kobe-type injury meltdown. As his athleticism fades his shooting will only get better, along with more improvements to his post game. He could end up equaling Jordan's 6, maybe even get to 7 or 8.

Phillip
05-15-2014, 11:32 AM

My point wasn't to prop up Lebron or knock MJ. The point is that Lebron gets unfairly criticized, while everyone always wants to conveniently forget MJ's flaws and shortcomings. Perhaps if MJ got to the Finals earlier in his career and had a couple losses, while Lebron's losses never happened in the finals, this would be different, but regardless, I think it's stupid to knock a player extra simply because they failed in the Finals, as opposed to earlier rounds, especially when both times that Lebron lost in the finals, it was to superior teams.

Malik Hairston
05-15-2014, 11:35 AM

Who are these superstars in their primes?..

Malik Hairston
05-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Exactly....Even Iverson took a squad with the same talent level and won a game in the finals against tougher finals competition than LeBron in Cleveland. Definite underachievement and not sure why he gets the excuses.

Iverson's supporting cast was levels better, along with having a much better coach..

Phillip
05-15-2014, 11:38 AM
um what?

when was Bosh ever a true superstar??

And Wade was a superstar for their first season together, and since then has been injury prone and lazy.

Phillip
05-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Iverson's supporting cast was levels better, along with having a much better coach..

lol that comment baffled me as well. Mutumbo alone was a huge advantage that Lebron didn't have, not to mention being hindered by a moron like Mike Brown :lol

Malik Hairston
05-15-2014, 11:40 AM
The East from 2008 to 2010 was > the West, and it was just as good in 2011, tbh..

Miami has also been much better against the West than the East in the Lebron era, too, East teams give them more problems..this year is an anomaly, though, as the East has been historically bad..

Malik Hairston
05-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Anyways, this thread isn't Lebron vs. Dad Killer in regards to impact..it's Lebron vs. Dad Killer in regards to responsibility..

I wonder how much better Lebron could be if he had relatively minimal responsibilities like Dad Killer did, tbh..

StrengthAndHonor
05-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Brings up a great debate. The sonics was one of the toughest team Jordan faced evident by his struggles. Yet he still had a far better averages throughout the entire series. You could say the Mavs we're Lebron's since that was his most awful NBA Fibals series to date. Between the championship team Mavs and the 2006 Sonics, I'd say Jordan faced a much tougher competition.

As far as the easiest? You can pick OKC for Lebrons career and Jordan's was the 93 Phoenix Suns. I'd still say, Jordan's competition is tougher.

Jordan faced the Knicks, Magic and Pacers in his conference. The Heat meanwhile had it easier with Indiana and an older Celtics team.

I agree, people forget Jordan beat Shaq and Penny during at the height of their careers, the Pat Riley Knicks and of course one of the most balanced team in the 90's, the Pacers who almost beat Chicago btw. I'll even go out on a limb and say Larry's Pacers would demolish the Heat because of their size.

Id also like to add how underrated the Sonics were. Their defense was stupendous.

monosylab1k
05-15-2014, 11:53 AM
lol that comment baffled me as well. Mutumbo alone was a huge advantage that Lebron didn't have, not to mention being hindered by a moron like Mike Brown :lol

:lmao Mutombo was 34 years old that season, it wasn't like he was in his prime. The next best player on that Sixers team was freaking Eric Snow. LeBron's Cleveland teams were all quite a bit better than the 2001 Sixers.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2014, 11:55 AM
:lmao Comparing the East then, with Detroit, Orlando and Boston teams that were better than Cleveland, to the East now

StrengthAndHonor
05-15-2014, 11:57 AM
I don't know about that. Iverson would kill to have Wade, Bosh or even Allen.

Aaron McKie was honestly his second option with Tyrone Hill and Mutombo chipping in a measly 20 pts per game.

NM, you're probably talking about the Cavs.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2014, 11:57 AM
LeBron has been a complete letdown twice already in the finals.
Dad Killer choked in the first round multiple times, was Bird's bitch, and was the Bad Boys' bitch until Stern finally started changing rules so he could win....

monosylab1k
05-15-2014, 11:59 AM
:lmao Comparing the East then, with Detroit, Orlando and Boston teams that were better than Cleveland, to the East now

Detroit was irrelevant after 2007. Boston had one great season, after that they were just as vulnerable as any other team. Orlando was another midlevel team that had one fluke year, only because LeBron played like a bitch in that series.

monosylab1k
05-15-2014, 12:02 PM
And again, in the Eastern Conference we're talking about maybe 1 or 2 other teams that could potentially challenge LeBron. As opposed to the Western Conference that, more often than not, was stacked from 1 to 8 with quality teams.

JoeTait75
05-15-2014, 12:03 PM

Once the Bad Boys were no longer a contender the East was definitely the weaker conference during MJ's prime. IMO the only team Chicago played during the EC playoffs from 1992 through '98 that would have gotten to the Finals in the West was Indiana in '98- maybe. The early '90s Cavs, the Knicks, Orlando, Miami in '97- none of those teams were at the level of the top teams in the West at the time, IMO.

JoeTait75
05-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Detroit was irrelevant after 2007. Boston had one great season, after that they were just as vulnerable as any other team. Orlando was another midlevel team that had one fluke year, only because LeBron played like a bitch in that series.

Not that Orlando was a great team, but they were just a lethal matchup for the Cavaliers. Cleveland had no one that could handle Dewey Howard and no one that could handle Orlando's tall perimeter shooters. Not to mention the coaching matchup.

lefty
05-15-2014, 12:06 PM
..than Dad Killer ever did..

What do you guys think of Barkley's comment, tbh?..
I think Barkley is butthurt that he got his fat ass handed to him by MJ on many occasions in the playoffs and the Finals

He is also pissed that MJ called him a "fat fuck"

:lol

Clipper Nation
05-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Detroit was irrelevant after 2007.
They were the standard-bearer of the East at the start of LeBron's career and had a better roster than Cleveland.... LeBron was just that damn good that he beat them pretty much single-handedly in 2007.... they then made it back to the ECF the following year....

Boston had one great season, after that they were just as vulnerable as any other team.
They made the Finals twice in the Big Three era and were a KG injury away from three trips.... the absolute rigjob in Game 7 was the only thing keeping them from two rings in three years....

Orlando was another midlevel team that had one fluke year, only because LeBron played like a bitch in that series.
Only LeBron could have a series in which he made a game-winning shot, had a 49-point game, a 37/14/12 game, and averaged 38.5 points on 48.7% shooting, 8.3 rebounds, 8.0 assists, 1.2 blocks, and 1.2 steals per game for the series, with the far inferior supporting cast and coach, and still be told he's "playing like a bitch" :lol

Brazil
05-15-2014, 12:22 PM
relatively minimal responsibilities like Dad Killer did, tbh..

you lost me here... MJ had minimal responsabilities ? minimal really ? I'm ok with less but minimal even relatively is quite stupid

Jodelo
05-15-2014, 12:23 PM
CN with the truth bombs!

monosylab1k
05-15-2014, 12:25 PM
They were the standard-bearer of the East at the start of LeBron's career and had a better roster than Cleveland.... LeBron was just that damn good that he beat them pretty much single-handedly in 2007.... they then made it back to the ECF the following year....

They made the Finals twice in the Big Three era and were a KG injury away from three trips.... the absolute rigjob in Game 7 was the only thing keeping them from two rings in three years....

Only LeBron could have a series in which he made a game-winning shot, had a 49-point game, a 37/14/12 game, and averaged 38.5 points on 48.7% shooting, 8.3 rebounds, 8.0 assists, 1.2 blocks, and 1.2 steals per game for the series, with the far inferior supporting cast and coach, and still be told he's "playing like a bitch" :lol

He hit a lucky ass prayer and then celebrated like he liberated France from the Nazi's, he had a couple monster games that skewed his shooting percentage to hide his 11/28 night and his 8/20 shitbomb in the elimination game as Orlando curbstomped him.

sook
05-15-2014, 12:41 PM
He hit a lucky ass prayer and then celebrated like he liberated France from the Nazi's, he had a couple monster games that skewed his shooting percentage to hide his 11/28 night and his 8/20 shitbomb in the elimination game as Orlando curbstomped him.

QFT.

Clipper Nation
05-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Was he supposed to put up 50 on 100% shooting every night in order to not "play like a bitch"? :lol

The Batman
05-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Who are these superstars in their primes?..
um what?when was Bosh ever a true superstar??And Wade was a superstar for their first season together, and since then has been injury prone and lazy.Wade still musters up superstar performances in the play. So does Bosh.

Phillip
05-15-2014, 02:24 PM
:lmao Mutombo was 34 years old that season, it wasn't like he was in his prime. The next best player on that Sixers team was freaking Eric Snow. LeBron's Cleveland teams were all quite a bit better than the 2001 Sixers.
The comparison was the 01 Sixers and the 07 Cavs.

Mutumbo at 34 was still averaging 14/14/3 in the playoffs. Mutumbo >>>>>>> Big Z

Aaron McKie and Larry Hughes was pretty much a wash, as both were mediocre.

Drew Gooden and Tyrone Hill were pretty much a wash.

Snow and Boobie Gibson are pretty much a wash as well.

Pavlovic was a decent shooter but inefficient overall, as was Jumaine Jones. Pavlovic did get more points though but also because he took more shots.

I don't see how the 07 Cavs were "quite a bit" better, outside of Lebron >>> Iverson. The supporting cast of the Cavs offensive stats may have been a bit better (while the Sixers were stronger defensively), but that also could be heavily due to the fact that Lebron was taking 10-15 less FGs a game than Iverson was, and was much better at setting teammates up for easy buckets than Iverson ever was.

Regardless, the initial statement by the batman that was being debated was a stupid comparison to begin with, to knock Lebron for getting swept while Iverson somehow won a game against the 01 Lakers, which everyone knows was a complete fluke to begin with and was pretty much a result of indifference by the Lakers who had swept all 3 previous series in dominating fashion, and knew they were going to dominate this series with ease, considering it was the weakest opponent they would have faced all playoffs.

Malik Hairston
05-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Wade still musters up superstar performances in the play. So does Bosh.

Wade averaged 15 PPG in last year's playoffs and had net negative on/off metrics..he was one of the worst 2nd options r a title team in modern history, tbh..

Wade was great in 2011 and Lebron choked against the Mavs, but he's been going downhill since, especially last year, where he was pretty terrible for most of the playoffs, on both ends of the floor..

Bosh is better than Wade, he could be a star, but he's severely under-utilized when Wade plays, tbh..

Phillip
05-15-2014, 02:26 PM
Wade still musters up superstar performances in the play. So does Bosh.

I can somewhat see Wade being an argument, although his are far too rare for him to be considered a true superstar. Even crappy players can go off for 30-40 from time to time. Superstars do it on a near nightly basis. Wade does not anymore.

Bosh never was a superstar. He never carried a team deep into the playoffs, or transformed a team into a serious title contender. He only got to the playoffs twice in his 7 years in Toronto and got pounded in the first round each time in what you were complaining earlier was a "weak conference". So how in the hell is he suddenly a superstar???

Sean Cagney
05-15-2014, 02:48 PM
What do I think about that?..uhm, it's true..
But, he didn't say he was a better player than Mike, agreed on what he said but Chuck never said a better player. He does alot for his team though nobody can deny that, dude has to carry the team alot of times with Wade hurting our out etc.
Wade averaged 15 PPG in last year's playoffs and had net negative on/off metrics..he was one of the worst 2nd options r a title team in modern history, tbh..

Wade was great in 2011 and Lebron choked against the Mavs, but he's been going downhill since, especially last year, where he was pretty terrible for most of the playoffs, on both ends of the floor..

Bosh is better than Wade, he could be a star, but he's severely under-utilized when Wade plays, tbh..
See thats the thing you said there, when he choked in the finals. Mike NEVER choked nor got less than 20 pts in a finals game, his numbers are crazy in the playoffs. Thats what seperates them IMO.

baseline bum
05-15-2014, 02:54 PM

He's supposed to beat Boston when his best teammate was Delonte West one series and a choking Mo Williams in the other? Taking those horrible teams to 60+ wins was unreal. Garnett, Olajuwon, Jordan never did that in years they were one man teams.

The Batman
05-15-2014, 02:55 PM

Right, people don't realize how good Bosh is because he is underutilized.

lefty
05-15-2014, 03:03 PM
I think Barkley is butthurt that he got his fat ass handed to him by MJ on many occasions in the playoffs and the Finals

He is also pissed that MJ called him a "fat fuck"

:lol
Quoting myelf

I know it's lame

Infinite_limit
05-15-2014, 03:09 PM
He's supposed to beat Boston when his best teammate was Delonte West one series and a choking Mo Williams in the other? Taking those horrible teams to 60+ wins was unreal. Garnett, Olajuwon, Jordan never did that in years they were one man teams.
Jordan ran into these guys

http://media.thehoopdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/feature_GreatestChampions_03_Celtics.jpg

Phillip
05-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Jordan ran into these guys

http://media.thehoopdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/feature_GreatestChampions_03_Celtics.jpg

And I believe got swept both times he faced them.

spurraider21
05-15-2014, 04:34 PM
Bosh impacts Miami on the defensive end more than the offensive end, which is something people need to take notice of

Malik Hairston
05-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Bosh is = or < to Ibaka in Miami's system, tbh, one of them just has a bigger name than the other..

It's amazing how far your name can take you with the media/fans:lol..

I'm a big Bosh fan, btw, he's a much more important player than Wade, but he's held back by Wade, and Spo, to a lesser extent..

CitizenDwayne
05-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Bulls without Jordan=still a serious contender with Pippen at the helm

Heat without Lebron=:lmao

AaronY
05-15-2014, 04:44 PM
he was right when he said Portland/Brooklyn were going fishing
He picked Portland to win this series before it started

Malik Hairston
05-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Barkley actually has the shittiest takes of anybody in the media, tbh, but I just found it interesting that somebody finally pointed out the obvious(Lebron having to carry much more than DK), and it had to be one of DK's close friends:lol(because most people are afraid of him, obviously)..

The Batman

Where were the Bulls before just Jordan? Heat without LeBron could still reach ECF.

spurraider21
Bosh is = or < to Ibaka in Miami's system, tbh, one of them just has a bigger name than the other..

It's amazing how far your name can take you with the media/fans:lol..

I'm a big Bosh fan, btw, he's a much more important player than Wade, but he's held back by Wade, and Spo, to a lesser extent..
Saying bosh is = or < Ibaka is still holding him to a pretty high defensive standard. He's probably the best big man in the NBA against the pick and roll. I'm disappointed in his role in the offense though, just spot up jumpers. What happened to his face up game that gave him a name in Toronto?

Malik Hairston
05-15-2014, 04:50 PM
Wade's inability to space the floor relegates Bosh to spot-up shooter, tbh..

Wade's style of play is better suited as a 6th man, where he would be elite..a SG that can't shoot doesn't fit in today's league..

If you have Wade on the floor, he needs to get the touches, he can't play the role of spot-up shooter, but Bosh can, so he has accepted that role..

The Spurs completely dominated the Finals whenever Wade was on the floor, because they were content with allowing him to shoot mid-range Js that don't allow others to get involved..

Katherine Robinson
05-15-2014, 05:15 PM
When it is all said and done, Jordan will still be objectively remembered as the greatest.

StrengthAndHonor
05-15-2014, 05:42 PM

Heat without Lebron is also a contender in their conference, sadly.

Phillip
05-15-2014, 06:23 PM
Where were the Bulls before just Jordan? Heat without LeBron could still reach ECF.
:lmao

Phillip
05-15-2014, 06:25 PM

Wade's style of play is better suited as a 6th man, where he would be elite..a SG that can't shoot doesn't fit in today's league..

If you have Wade on the floor, he needs to get the touches, he can't play the role of spot-up shooter, but Bosh can, so he has accepted that role..

The Spurs completely dominated the Finals whenever Wade was on the floor, because they were content with allowing him to shoot mid-range Js that don't allow others to get involved..

This.

Wade completely messes up so much with Miami's spacing, and the ability for Lebron and Bosh to be fully effective. Wade should definitely be like Manu and accept a 6th man role.

sook
05-15-2014, 06:39 PM

He's right.

Thebesteva
05-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Its well known everything Barkley says its the exact opposite of the truth. We used to celeberate on the Laker boards when he picked against us. He only ever picked the Lakers to win in the 08 finals and the 11' series against the Mavs. Dude is a bonified loser

Phillip
05-15-2014, 06:47 PM
He's right.
No Lebron and they get thrashed by the Nets.

Phillip
05-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Its well known everything Barkley says its the exact opposite of the truth. We used to celeberate on the Laker boards when he picked against us. He only ever picked the Lakers to win in the 08 finals and the 11' series against the Mavs. Dude is a bonified loser

You're an idiot, because he used to pick the Lakers in most all of the series. And he actually picked the Mavs in the series in '11, because I remember right after the Mavs beat Portland, everyone on the TNT squad was adamant that the Lakers would thrash Dallas, but Charles was the only one who didn't agree. He at first said he wouldn't be shocked if the Mavs won, and eventually went ahead and chose the Mavs as his prediction shortly after saying that.

MeloHype
05-15-2014, 06:58 PM
'01 sixers had the MVP, DPOY, 6MOY, & COTY

Thebesteva
05-15-2014, 07:07 PM
You're an idiot, because he used to pick the Lakers in most all of the series. And he actually picked the Mavs in the series in '11, because I remember right after the Mavs beat Portland, everyone on the TNT squad was adamant that the Lakers would thrash Dallas, but Charles was the only one who didn't agree. He at first said he wouldn't be shocked if the Mavs won, and eventually went ahead and chose the Mavs as his prediction shortly after saying that.

:cry Phillip pls

dg7md
05-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Dad Killer himself admitted he was heavily influenced by Dr. J and David Thompson.... long before DK's era, Wilt was statistically dominating more than DK could ever dream of and Russell was winning more rings than DK could ever dream of...

What was actually unlike anything ever seen before was the ridiculous media hype and slurpage that he still recieves to this day....

Jordan's opposition in the 80s and 90s were some of the best teams in the NBA to that point. The Pacers, Pistons, Celtics, Knicks, the Eastern conference at that time was really strong and no cakewalks like LeBron has gotten since arriving to Miami.

And yes, Wilt and Russell accomplished more, but there wasn't a lot of video evidence of Wilt and the competition level of the Russell and Dr. J years wasn't like the 80s-90s NBA. A lot of more intense athletes, better teams, etc.

Also, Jordan averaged over 40 points in playoff series with an excellent teammate in Pippen.

hater
05-15-2014, 08:51 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Malik Hairston
05-15-2014, 08:55 PM
Jordan's opposition in the 80s and 90s were some of the best teams in the NBA to that point. The Pacers, Pistons, Knicks, the Eastern conference at that time was really strong and no cakewalks like LeBron has gotten since arriving to Miami.

And yes, Wilt and Russell accomplished more, but there wasn't a lot of video evidence of Wilt and the competition level of the Russell and Dr. J years wasn't like the 80s-90s NBA. A lot of more intense athletes, better teams, etc.

The 90s:lmao:lmao..

The Batman
05-15-2014, 08:57 PM
'01 sixers had the MVP, DPOY, 6MOY, & COTY

Do you not remember how terrible they were? Their entire offense was to let Iverson jack up shots. Iverson attempted nearly 26 shots a game and no one else even reached double digits. And LOL at Aaron McKie being 6th man.

The Batman
05-15-2014, 08:58 PM
What did I say that was funny? The Heat without LeBron COULD still reach the ECF, that's how weak the east is. People act like the Heat are the Cavs without LeBron.

Malik Hairston
05-15-2014, 08:59 PM
If I had to watch 90s basketball for more than an hour, I'd probably kill myself, tbh..

The Batman
05-15-2014, 08:59 PM
The 90s:lmao:lmao..
Yeah, because all the competition teamed up back then in an already watered down era.

Franklin
05-15-2014, 09:46 PM

He can shoot them freebies though and he shoots them well.

Jacob1983
05-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Jordan made his teammates better when he was on the court playing with them. Can you honestly say that about Lebron? Since Bosh joined Superfriends, he has turned into a soft jump shooter that loves 3 pointers. Wade has half assed it on numerous occasions. Lebron is basically the center, power forward, small forward, shooting guard, and point guard of the Heat. I mean hasn't he led them in rebounds, assists, and scoring since Superfriends was created?

Phillip
05-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Jordan made his teammates better when he was on the court playing with them. Can you honestly say that about Lebron? Since Bosh joined Superfriends, he has turned into a soft jump shooter that loves 3 pointers. Wade has half assed it on numerous occasions. Lebron is basically the center, power forward, small forward, shooting guard, and point guard of the Heat. I mean hasn't he led them in rebounds, assists, and scoring since Superfriends was created?

You're stupid beyond belief. Go take a quadruple dose of xanax and down it with vodka. Please.

Jacob1983
05-15-2014, 11:23 PM
You gonna pay for it?

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-03-2014, 10:49 AM
um what?

when was Bosh ever a true superstar??

And Wade was a superstar for their first season together, and since then has been injury prone and lazy.

Bosh outscored and outplayed LeBron in the 2011 finals.

2011 Finals

Wade - 26.5 pts, 7 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 1.5 steals

Bosh - 18.5 Points, 7.3 Rebounds

LeBron - 17.8 Points, 7.2 Rebounds, 6.8 Assists

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2011_finals.html

2012 NBA Finals

LeBron - 28.6 Points, 10.2 Rebounds, 7.4 Assists

Wade - 22.6 Points, 6 Rebounds, 5.2 Assists

Bosh - 14.6 Points, 9.4 Rebounds

2013 NBA Finals

LeBron - 25.3 Points, 10.9 Rebounds, 7 Assists

Wade - 19.6 Points, 4 rebounds, 4.6 assists

Bosh - 11.9 Points, 8.9 Rebounds

But yet LeBron needs "more help" :lol

DMC
06-03-2014, 11:49 AM
No Lebron and they get thrashed by the Nets.
Meh probably addressed but I think the concept was if Lebron never came in the 1st place, not if he's injured. That would mean the Heat would have another decent player for the money (or two or three since Bosh probably doesn't play either).

Wade had a ring already, and Lebron didn't take a bottom feeder to the Finals (like he did in Cleveland). He just made them a juggernaut in the league.

DMC
06-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Bosh outscored and outplayed LeBron in the 2011 finals.

2011 Finals

Wade - 26.5 pts, 7 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 1.5 steals

Bosh - 18.5 Points, 7.3 Rebounds

LeBron - 17.8 Points, 7.2 Rebounds, 6.8 Assists

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2011_finals.html

2012 NBA Finals

LeBron - 28.6 Points, 10.2 Rebounds, 7.4 Assists

Wade - 22.6 Points, 6 Rebounds, 5.2 Assists

Bosh - 14.6 Points, 9.4 Rebounds

2013 NBA Finals

LeBron - 25.3 Points, 10.9 Rebounds, 7 Assists

Wade - 19.6 Points, 4 rebounds, 4.6 assists

Bosh - 11.9 Points, 8.9 Rebounds

But yet LeBron needs "more help" :lol

lol not knowing the game of basketball enough to understand why the best player in the league isn't always the highest scorer on the team.

lefty
06-03-2014, 11:51 AM
lol not knowing the game of basketball enough to understand why the best player in the league isn't always the highest scorer on the team.
Is that what Phil told Kobe ?

DMC
06-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Holy shit this has to be a troll. Lebron is one of the best in the league, probably of all time, of getting his teammates involved and making them better. Norris fucking Cole ring any bells? Where's Daniel Gibson?

DMC
06-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Is that what Phil told Kobe ?

Obviously not.

DMC
06-03-2014, 11:54 AM
If I had to watch 90s basketball for more than an hour, I'd probably kill myself, tbh..

It would be the Heat/Pacers tbh... most boring series I've seen in a decade.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-03-2014, 11:55 AM
That must be why LeBron looked so great in 4th quarters against Dallas :lmao

DMC
06-03-2014, 12:04 PM
That must be why LeBron looked so great in 4th quarters against Dallas :lmao

Is that the year Kobe was swept by the same team? :lmao

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-03-2014, 12:08 PM
And the same year the Spurs got fuckedby an 8th seed? :lmao

DMC
06-03-2014, 05:41 PM
And the same year the Spurs got fuckedby an 8th seed? :lmao

But didn't get swept as defending champs.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-03-2014, 06:19 PM
But didn't get swept as defending champs.
Right, they just never defended their title :lmao

DMC
06-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Right, they just never defended their title :lmao
They are in the Finals again unlike the 48 million dollar man.

Clipper Nation
06-03-2014, 08:07 PM

....after guaranteeing a series win, no less - Christ!

Infinite_limit
06-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Guy who puts ball in hoop > Guy who passes to guy who puts ball in hoop

RsxPiimp
06-04-2014, 12:34 AM
I have no problems accepting the fact that Lebron is the better player/person than Kobe but some of y'all niggas are underrating Lebron's help for real. TOSB like Ray Allen, Mike Miller Battier have come up huge for Miami time and time and time again. Birdman is also severely underrated.