PDA

View Full Version : trailblazers hard to hate?

32fastest
05-15-2014, 09:31 AM
It seems like every single series the Spurs go through, I end up hating almost every player on the opposite squad. I was pretty sure I was gonna hate Aldridge after the series. The only dude I couldn't stand was Lopez. Nobody was playing dirty or really crying to the refs non stop. Seemed like a pretty classy team. Tbh tbh tbh.

poop
05-15-2014, 09:36 AM
Agree they seem like a respectable group. If they beat us i was gonna go for them

Jimcs50
05-15-2014, 09:38 AM
It seems like every single series the Spurs go through, I end up hating almost every player on the opposite squad. I was pretty sure I was gonna hate Aldridge after the series. The only dude I couldn't stand was Lopez. Nobody was playing dirty or really crying to the refs non stop. Seemed like a pretty classy team. Tbh tbh tbh.

They have class organization...no longer The Jailblazers.

All of them are very likable and very respectful of the Spurs

SupremeGuy
05-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Yeah, it's strange. I guess that's what happens when you play a classy team, tbh. This must be what it feels like to play the Spurs.

32fastest
05-15-2014, 09:41 AM
Yeah, it's strange. I guess that's what happens when you play a classy team, tbh. This must be what it feels like to play the Spurs.

Lol. Perfect. I'm glad I'm not alone on this.

will_spurs
05-15-2014, 09:46 AM
LMA commits a foul pretty much every time he posts someone up, and acts bewildered the few times a foul is actually called. But that's a regular occurrence in the NBA so I can't really hold it against him.

Overall they played fair, no fights, no hard fouls, etc. Just a bit too much trash talk in the media.

Darkwaters
05-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Serious respect for the Blazers. They definitely weren't the better team - but they're still pretty savvy. Totally agree with the OP.

vma16
05-15-2014, 09:47 AM
mm... it is pretty easy not to hate a team when they barely hanged in there for a few quarters

I am pretty sure that if they had won a couple of games and not gotten blown out of the building in the first halfs of the games there would be some hate around the fans

urunobili
05-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Like em Blazers tbh

703 Spurz
05-15-2014, 10:04 AM
I didn't like Robin Lopez's face and hair. That goofy caveman asshole also runs like a dummy.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-15-2014, 10:08 AM
I didn't like Robin Lopez's face and hair. That goofy caveman asshole also runs like a dummy.

Exactly, he was the Caveman version of Basketball. It wasn't so much I hated Lopez, but the fact he moved on almost every screen and went over the back a ton on rebounds with no calls is what irked me.

Someone should make a gif with Lopez where it say, "NBA, so easy even a Caveman could do it."

doobs
05-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Agreed, but Wes Matthews was an annoying bitch at times

philldafunk
05-15-2014, 10:20 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YLibTfwZAts/UnaKwyRz79I/AAAAAAAAMU0/p4dind9IHrs/s1600/Nicolas-Batum-Buzzer-Beater-Spurs-November-2013.jpg

Fuck em

Budkin
05-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Easy team to root for. They're gonna be elite in a couple years.

Mugen
05-15-2014, 10:29 AM
They're hard to hate because the Spurs destroyed them. If the Blazers had pushed it to 7 games, I guarantee a "I hope Paul Allen gets cancer" thread woulda popped up tbh.

mercos
05-15-2014, 10:30 AM
Its hard to hate a team when you have destroyed them by 15+ in your 4 wins.

RD2191
05-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Matthews and Robinson are faggots.

Mugen
05-15-2014, 10:41 AM

I doubt it tbh. They overachieved greatly this season so kudos to them.

But LMA isn't that young and pretty much is what he is at this point. Ditto for Matthews. Lopez is better suited as a backup big. Batum will always be inconsistent due to his passivity. Lillard is a nice, young player but I don't think he has Top 10 potential.

They were pretty fortunate to get out of the 1st round and a Lillard shot away from losing it in 7. But this isn't like OKC of 4 years ago, where they have a bunch of potential superstars in their early 20s.

No draft picks this season and not being a huge FA draw hurts them and I think they probably take a step back next season. The 6-8 seed is probably their realistic outcome for the next 2-3 years tbh.

will_spurs
05-15-2014, 10:50 AM

That's what I thought about OKC too a few years ago, before they became the ThunderRefs.

sananspursfan21
05-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Well ya know why?! Cuz the spurs stomped them into the ground. They never had a chance to be hated. Could you imagine them pounding their chests and doing stare downs when they're behind 20?

Budkin
05-15-2014, 11:05 AM
That's what I thought about OKC too a few years ago, before they became the ThunderRefs.

Never liked OKC from the second they were stolen from Seattle. Wanted them to fail miserably every season even though I liked KD at the time.

NickiRasgo
05-15-2014, 11:11 AM
Unless you're a Rockets fan.

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-15-2014, 11:13 AM
Like I said I am happy the blazers are on the way up considering the Oden and Roy issues and injuries.

wildchild
05-15-2014, 11:15 AM
I can't hate the Blazers. They're young, inexperience, and maybe they're an exception, too. Because the most young teams are arrogant/immature/narcissistic with the biggest egos in the league.

I really want the Clips win the other semifinals, because all those NBA players that I hate are OKC players.

I-beat-my-chest-like-a-gorilla-bc-I'm-full-of-myself-Westbrook, Reggie Jackson, Buttler, Perkins...all these guys deserves to have a high level of hate

Beaverfuzz
05-15-2014, 11:15 AM
They're hard to hate because the Spurs destroyed them. If the Blazers had pushed it to 7 games, I guarantee a "I hope Paul Allen gets cancer" thread woulda popped up tbh.

You mean a reoccurrence...hodgkins lymphoma disease. Had it when he bought the team way back when

rascal
05-15-2014, 11:17 AM

You would not be singing their praises had they beaten the Spurs.

rascal
05-15-2014, 11:18 AM

Spurs are not classy and neither are their fans.

wildbill2u
05-15-2014, 11:19 AM
In the interviews after losing game after losing game they Blazers were respectful in their comments. In fact, I was particularly impressed with LA who said that they learned a lot from the Spurs on how to play the game the right way and the championship attitude and intensity. Lots of players would have still talked trash, but the Blazers took defeat gracefully and said they would use it to become better. You can't ask for more than that from a defeated foe.

Mugen
05-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Spurs are not classy and neither are their fans.

Good thing you're not a Spurs fan then.

Seventyniner
05-15-2014, 11:46 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YLibTfwZAts/UnaKwyRz79I/AAAAAAAAMU0/p4dind9IHrs/s1600/Nicolas-Batum-Buzzer-Beater-Spurs-November-2013.jpg

Duncan: "Keep smiling, y'all are already in my rearview mirror."

PingPong
05-15-2014, 01:58 PM

I think that was in the regular season. What makes it even more funny...

spursfan1000
05-15-2014, 02:00 PM
lmao I was thinking the same thing! Mathews was under my skin sometimes also.

Oh, Gee!!
05-15-2014, 02:15 PM
I can't say I hate (or have ever hated) any opponent of the spurs. Seems stupid tbh. The spurs players and coaches never seem to take it personally, why should I?

quentin_compson
05-15-2014, 02:34 PM
The Blazers seem to be a pretty likeable bunch of players (and I'm not saying that because the Spurs ended up beating them rather easily).
I was glad they had a good season, maybe they will emerge as a WC power house in the coming years. A little more depth, a couple of tweaks here and there, and they might be on to something. As far as the quality of the first 5 or 6 players goes, they're no worse than the Spurs in a lot of ways. The Spurs just were playing a lot better and committed much less mistakes in this series.

boutons_deux
05-15-2014, 02:41 PM
yeah, no blatant, preening, taunting, self-congratulating assholes on the Blazers.

OKC? Westbrook wipes out the competition for total assholiness.

sexinthatsx
05-15-2014, 03:34 PM
The only reason you guys are finding the Trailblazers hard to hate is purely psychological. If the Blazers took out the Spurs or took it to 7 games with a very nitty gritty series, I'd like to see you guys saying it's hard to hate the Blazers.

ojsimpsondidit
05-15-2014, 03:59 PM
I had no idea Wes Matthews was a tool before the series. I couldn't stand him during GM 4 after punching Splitter in the head and refusing TD to help him up.

05-15-2014, 04:11 PM
mm... it is pretty easy not to hate a team when they barely hanged in there for a few quarters

I am pretty sure that if they had won a couple of games and not gotten blown out of the building in the first halfs of the games there would be some hate around the fans

KaiRMD1
05-15-2014, 04:13 PM
I only didn't like Lopez because of 2010 but I'm over it

Budkin
05-15-2014, 04:34 PM
yeah, no blatant, preening, taunting, self-congratulating assholes on the Blazers.

OKC? Westbrook is wipes the competition for total assholiness.

Agreed Westbrook is the worst for that King Kong chest beating Tarzan shit.

ElNono
05-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Bunch of crybabies... if there was one thing that was thoroughly enjoyable this season was watching those guys whine and cry whenever they lost a game at home...

CitizenDwayne
05-15-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm indifferent to them. They're not threatening enough to hate, and never will be. Guests 4 lyfe.

timtonymanu
05-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Bunch of crybabies... if there was one thing that was thoroughly enjoyable this season was watching those guys whine and cry whenever they lost a game at home...

This, the Blazers weren't unlikable, just really whiny.

Malik Hairston
05-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Meh, they're irrelevant, tbh..

Lillard is really overrated and they don't really have a promising future..we won't be seeing much of them, going forward..

Capster
05-15-2014, 04:56 PM

LOL!!! Good one 79'er!!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-qe0iSPVrxGg/U3SziK_Wo1I/AAAAAAAA2yA/0gohqlOxy7U/s426/photo+1.JPG

DMC
05-15-2014, 05:12 PM
How can you not like the Blazers? LMA is a UT guy. Lillard is a class act and a bad mofo. Batum and Matthews are both straight up. You have to like both of the Lopez brothers, especially hair Lopez. After that Suns gif...he's golden. Mo Williams is the only black spot on the team. Everyone else is ok imo.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/589434_o.gif

r0drig0lac
05-15-2014, 05:55 PM
the only team that absolutely all of his players "fake tough guy style" deserve hatred is clearly the thunder.

BackHome
05-15-2014, 06:42 PM
Blazers are cool Thunder can suck me.

703 Spurz
05-15-2014, 07:27 PM

True. That turd burgular already has the Seahawks SB win from last year. Fuck him.

703 Spurz
05-15-2014, 07:30 PM
lmao I was thinking the same thing! Mathews was under my skin sometimes also.

He didn't bother me any. Just a regular average looking black fuck. It's the Robin Lopez's of the world you have to keep your eye on. Get a god damn haircut that guy.

Kawhi
05-15-2014, 08:19 PM
I think that was in the regular season. What makes it even more funny...3rd game of the regular season IIRC

TE
05-15-2014, 09:17 PM
They aren't that bad imo. Their fans aren't bad either. I had the misfortune of sitting next to 1 of the 2 Blazer fans at the game. Guy was in his mid 40's. He just jumped the row above ours and landed in his seat (which was right next to mine) matrix style...interestingly enough he was pretty knowledgable about basketball.

:lmao he left with like 5 mins left in the game.

CGD
05-15-2014, 09:23 PM
I still remember that Portland playoff game in DRobs rookie year when Strickland threw he ball over his shoulder.

ShoogarBear
05-15-2014, 09:33 PM
I bet they'd be a lot more hateable if they had beat the Spurs.

SpurPadre
05-15-2014, 09:46 PM
I respect Aldridge and Lillard but fuck Batum for the bush league play he made to get a triple double in the regular season. Karma got him in the end!

Drachen
05-15-2014, 10:18 PM
I had no idea Wes Matthews was a tool before the series. I couldn't stand him during GM 4 after punching Splitter in the head and refusing TD to help him up.
Have you seen the playoffs before? Every player refuses a hand up from the other team. Every one, including the Spurs.

Drachen
05-15-2014, 10:22 PM
I still remember that Portland playoff game in DRobs rookie year when Strickland threw he ball over his shoulder.

Thanks dude, being that shit up. What are you going to do for an encore? Roll the tape of the dream v drob, .4, and 6?

100%duncan
05-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Matthews is a faggot.