PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy Theory: Parker Injury

Wildcat67
05-15-2014, 10:56 AM
I think it is all a ruse to get Parker some rest. We couldn't come out an announce that Parker was resting, so we just had him play a bit and then come out and say he had an injury. There are a few things that contribute to that opinion.

1. Kawhi and Green were both very aggressive from the start, as was Mills when he came in the game. In the past the only time I see that sort of aggression is when they know 1, 2, or 3 of the big three are going to be out for the whole game. So they come out with a totally different attitude.

2. Nobody actually saw anything happen to Parker.

3. Parker came out playing like someone that knew he wasn't going to play long and didn't seem into the game.

4. It wouldn't hurt us to sit him as much because of how they put Batum on him. If he isn't out there their whole defensive strategy goes out the window. They just put Lillard on Mills if Parker is out and the gap between Parker guarded by Batum and Mills guarded by Lillard isn't that huge.

Anyway just a theory.

look_at_g_shred
05-15-2014, 11:00 AM
Yeah i agree. A fake injury to get rest. It's not like we were gonna need him this game anyway. Mills was aggressive from the start, which also implies to your theory. He knew he was going to get big minutes.

Brazil
05-15-2014, 11:03 AM
:lmao

why in hell if the plan was to sit him down playing him 10 mn ?

fucking retarded Spurs fans

Mugen
05-15-2014, 11:06 AM
The Spurs even had RC act concerned and rushed to the locker room to check on Parker. Now, that's CIA Pop to a whole new level.

look_at_g_shred
05-15-2014, 11:07 AM
The Spurs even had RC act concerned and rushed to the locker room to check on Parker. Now, that's CIA Pop to a whole new level.
IIRC the same thing happened when Pop announced the "variety of maladies" earlier this season.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-15-2014, 11:09 AM

They probably went over this whole skit in practice yesterday. Pop was probably yelling at them, "Move like you mean it!!"

bigfan
05-15-2014, 11:11 AM
crock of shit theory

UZER
05-15-2014, 11:16 AM
It's been said so many times over and over by everyone, Pop has yet to come up with any adjustments in the offense to counter teams putting someone like Batum on Paker. It's been parkers Achilles heel for so long and Pop just continues to have no clue how to counter. It gets in his head and Pop should have something ready to go so that doesn't happen. They Spurs are good enough to overcome most teams, but teams like okc and mia are a different story.

With that said, It's also parkers own fault for not developing a jumper that is consistent that stretches all the way to the 3 point line. He spends all his summer's playing international ball, instead of working a J that would elevate his already great game to unbelievable levels. His jumper is there a lot, but not enough to keep the defense honest for an entire series which ends up biting them in the ass.

elec99
05-15-2014, 11:25 AM

I'm guessing they wanted to avoid another 250k fine, if I were to go along with the theory.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I don't think Pop doesn't know how to counter Long defenders being put on Parker. Parker ran all over Batum in Game 3 of this series. Problem is, Parker has to use more energy to get pass these type of defenders. Perhaps Pop didn't want Tony to have to exert himself and possibly injure himself in a game he could trust Mills to win instead of Parker.

Spurs already beat the Blazers w/o Parker this season. Mills has owned Blazers all season. Parker already spent 3 games with the Blazer guarding him with bigger defenders, he didn't have to play for the SPurs to win, so perhaps Pop just sat him. Who knows, put Parker didn't look injured and he looked more annoyed than anything.

Spur|n|Austin
05-15-2014, 11:45 AM
No.

Brazil
05-15-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm guessing they wanted to avoid another 250k fine, if I were to go along with the theory.

does not make any sense, they could have used back spams whatever befor tip off

FromWayDowntown
05-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Leonard, Green, and Mills were all plenty aggressive in Game 7 of the Dallas series and none of the Big 3 missed that game.

I think Pop told his guys that they needed to play harder than they did in Game 4 if they wanted to beat Portland, and those 3 guys heeded that.

I also think Tony felt enough of an issue with his legs to report it and ensure that no further damage occurred.

Mugen
05-15-2014, 11:59 AM
Leonard, Green, and Mills were all plenty aggressive in Game 7 of the Dallas series and none of the Big 3 missed that game.

I think Pop told his guys that they needed to play harder than they did in Game 4 if they wanted to beat Portland, and those 3 guys heeded that.

I also think Tony felt enough of an issue with his legs to report it and ensure that no further damage occurred.

Nah, I like the Spurs organization faking an injury during a playoff game theory better.

james evans
05-15-2014, 01:25 PM
or popovich could be playing chess with scott brooks. i just don't see why a coach would tell the media one of his top players is hurt going into the WCF. doesn't make sense.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-15-2014, 01:35 PM
or popovich could be playing chess with scott brooks. i just don't see why a coach would tell the media one of his top players is hurt going into the WCF. doesn't make sense.
CIA Pop at its finest

ElNono
05-15-2014, 01:41 PM
I need to hear Galileo take on this, tbh...

vander
05-15-2014, 01:45 PM
I did think it odd that TP was not playing heroball to start the game. very passive, giving up the ball quickly...

Seventyniner
05-15-2014, 01:46 PM
I need to hear Galileo (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=9641) take on this, tbh...

He might fear persecution from the Church of Parker.

in2deep
05-15-2014, 01:59 PM

Galileo
05-15-2014, 05:30 PM
I need to hear Galileo take on this, tbh...

There is no plot. Any suggestion of conspiracy is merely part of a well organized disinfo campaign by the Church of Parker.

CIAPop
05-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Not even close

FkLA
05-15-2014, 05:40 PM
It's been said so many times over and over by everyone, Pop has yet to come up with any adjustments in the offense to counter teams putting someone like Batum on Paker. It's been parkers Achilles heel for so long and Pop just continues to have no clue how to counter. It gets in his head and Pop should have something ready to go so that doesn't happen. They Spurs are good enough to overcome most teams, but teams like okc and mia are a different story.

With that said, It's also parkers own fault for not developing a jumper that is consistent that stretches all the way to the 3 point line. He spends all his summer's playing international ball, instead of working a J that would elevate his already great game to unbelievable levels. His jumper is there a lot, but not enough to keep the defense honest for an entire series which ends up biting them in the ass.

You cant put that on Pop, man. You put a SF on arguably the fastest PG in the league and that PG should be able to go right around him. Instead Parker spent that first quarter telling 38 year old Timmy to establish position so he could post up Aldridge/Lopez.

UZER
05-15-2014, 06:06 PM
You cant put that on Pop, man. You put a SF on arguably the fastest PG in the league and that PG should be able to go right around him. Instead Parker spent that first quarter telling 38 year old Timmy to establish position so he could post up Aldridge/Lopez.

I agree man, and that's the adjustments I'm talking about that IS on pop. Spread the floor and open it up for Tony. Stop calling for picks and creating too much traffic. Open it up, let him blow by his man and make others have to help or get him to the rim. Tony needs space against these bigger guys, not bringing more guys with a pick crowding the area.

This is the problem with okc. It's too crowded in the paint with picks for Tony to work against that athletic team and Ibaka waiting. Open it let, let him beat his man, and force them to put a conventional guard on him, THEN run the normal pnr offense.

ElNono
05-15-2014, 06:14 PM
There is no plot. Any suggestion of conspiracy is merely part of a well organized disinfo campaign by the Church of Parker.

thank you...

DEBUNKED

FkLA
05-15-2014, 06:31 PM
I agree man, and that's the adjustments I'm talking about that IS on pop. Spread the floor and open it up for Tony. Stop calling for picks and creating too much traffic. Open it up, let him blow by his man and make others have to help or get him to the rim. Tony needs space against these bigger guys, not bringing more guys with a pick crowding the area.

This is the problem with okc. It's too crowded in the paint with picks for Tony to work against that athletic team and Ibaka waiting. Open it let, let him beat his man, and force them to put a conventional guard on him, THEN run the normal pnr offense.

The system always has the shooters spreading the floor for him though. Are you saying all of a sudden it becomes crowded during a p&r because a 6-5 guy is on him instead of a 6-0 guy? Tony plays timid and scared when a taller guy is put on him, thats the bigger problem imo.

UZER
05-15-2014, 06:48 PM
The system always has the shooters spreading the floor for him though. Are you saying all of a sudden it becomes crowded during a p&r because a 6-5 guy is on him instead of a 6-0 guy? Tony plays timid and scared when a taller guy is put on him, thats the bigger problem imo.

How would it not be more crowed with a guy that's half a foot taller with a longer wing span, fast like a guard otherwise he wouldn't be on Parker, and can take bigger steps around a screen, plus the big man your bringing by setting the pick with your big. Leave him alone and give him space, or...

If you gonna use picks against some like sef, batum etc, use a pick from green, Leonard, Manu that rolls to the wing, not a big that rolls right down the lane into Ibaka who's fast enough show and recover against Parker or the roller.