PDA

View Full Version : I'm confident SA is the best team because of Tiago Splitter

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Call me crazy, but since Tiago Splitter has stepped up his play big time, I'm confident that SA is now the best team in the NBA. When he plays tough defense like he has been, then he takes out the stretch 4 which is a very valuable position to certain teams. Combined with Green and Leonard's defense, I have a hard time seeing any of the remaining teams having an edge over SA. Not saying SA can't win, but they will and should be the favorites. Against OKC (we all know Clippers have an outside chance, but come on, those chances are very slim), Splitter will take away any scoring Ibaka can have, and that will leave the Thunder as a two man team with Westbrook and Durant. However, given Green's defense and Leonard's defense, those two will get nothing easy, and the Spurs system is simply unstoppable. Same with Miami, Bosh will get nothing with Splitter on him, and Leonard and Green will let LeBron and Wade get nothing easy like they did against Brooklyn. What I'm simply saying, is that SA, as good as they were last year, are better this year, and that's mostly due to the emergence of Splitter. With how well Splitter is playing, Pop will have to try even harder than last year to screw this team out of a championship.

Russ
05-15-2014, 07:41 PM
I agree except that Tiago isn't ideal against OKC.

The Spurs may need to go small and that isn't the Spurs' strongest suit.

therealtruth
05-15-2014, 07:51 PM
Ideally the Spurs would find a way to stay big against OKC and force them to adjust.

ironman2886
05-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Spurs need to stay big. Hate that going small crap.

Leetonidas
05-15-2014, 08:23 PM
I think Splitter can stay with Ibaka and Duncan on Perkins. If Thunder go small with Ibaka at the 5 then Tiago needs to be the small ball C and not Tim, which probably won't happen, but let's hope Pop realizes Tim will get smoked defensively by that lineup

Richie
05-15-2014, 08:38 PM
I disagree, because the other best teams in the league are the Heat and Thunder and Splitter is a non factor against them.

We're the best team in the league because of Kawhi Leonard.

hater
05-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Splitter will be pretty much a nonfactor this series. Unfortunately this series is not for Tiago.

IMA go ahead and say Diaw will get more minutes than Tiago this series. Hope Im wrong.

This series will be won or lost by MVParker's health, Kawhi and Duncan.

KaiRMD1
05-15-2014, 08:44 PM
One could almost say since getting block by LeBron, ol' sport has had a renewed vigor to do better.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-15-2014, 08:58 PM
I disagree, because the other best teams in the league are the Heat and Thunder and Splitter is a non factor against them.

We're the best team in the league because of Kawhi Leonard.
Well Kawhi was a beast last year too, Tiago is by far the most improved player on this team and his emergence has made this team even better.