PDA

View Full Version : Spurs climbing Mt. Everest, while Heat walking down hill

Prose
05-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Any body else find it frustrating how difficult it is just to get out of the west, while the east year after year is a piece of cake for the Heat. I just worry that by the time any team gets out of the west (hopefully the spurs) they have fought so hard just to get to the finals it leaves them fatigued and/or exposed...your thoughts?
Btw hope the clips win tonight!
Go spurs Go :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:...:lobt2:

Richard Simmons
05-15-2014, 11:19 PM
Huh.

Horry Hipcheck
05-15-2014, 11:22 PM
Any body else find it frustrating how difficult it is just to get out of the west, while the east year after year is a piece of cake for the Heat. I just worry that by the time any team gets out of the west (hopefully the spurs) they have fought so hard just to get to the finals it leaves them fatigued and/or exposed...your thoughts?
Btw hope the clips win tonight!
Go spurs Go :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:...:lobt2:

It feels that way, particularly this season, with Miami shrugging off Charlotte and Brooklyn. I firmly believe any of the 8 western teams from this year's playoffs would at the very least make the ECF with ease.

Last year, though, look at the Spurs' run. 4-0 against a joke of a Laker team, 4-2 against a scrappy but ultimately underpowered Warriors team, and then 4-0 again versus a Memphis team that no longer matches up well with the Spurs. One could argue the Spurs cakewalked the Western playoffs last year and basically should have dethroned the Heat in six games.

This season's a little different, obviously, with seeds 4-8 being jokes and the Raptors matching up poorly with Brooklyn, and No. 1 seed Indy only making the conference finals because everyone else sucked a little more than they do. I still like the Spurs' chances if they can get past OKC/LA.

Richard Simmons
05-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Didn't have to play the grizz...

Prose
05-15-2014, 11:24 PM
Huh.

Spurs path to the finals is much harder than the Heats path to the finals. Just saying that it's frustrating that the east is so easy compared to the west.

Richard Simmons
05-15-2014, 11:26 PM
Spurs path to the finals is much harder than the Heats path to the finals. Just saying that it's frustrating that the east is so easy compared to the west.

yea it is. if the grizzlies were in the east, we would have seen a spurs griz finals last year and possibly this year

Prose
05-15-2014, 11:27 PM
It feels that way, particularly this season, with Miami shrugging off Charlotte and Brooklyn. I firmly believe any of the 8 western teams from this year's playoffs would at the very least make the ECF with ease.

Last year, though, look at the Spurs' run. 4-0 against a joke of a Laker team, 4-2 against a scrappy but ultimately underpowered Warriors team, and then 4-0 again versus a Memphis team that no longer matches up well with the Spurs. One could argue the Spurs cakewalked the Western playoffs last year and basically should have dethroned the Heat in six games.

This season's a little different, obviously, with seeds 4-8 being jokes and the Raptors matching up poorly with Brooklyn, and No. 1 seed Indy only making the conference finals because everyone else sucked a little more than they do. I still like the Spurs' chances if they can get past OKC/LA.

great response!
too add on to what you were saying....Charlotte and Brooklyn's starting centers were injured :/...probably the best way to beat the heat is with a dominate Center.

TheRemix
05-16-2014, 12:07 AM
so would that be good for the spurs? good conditioning going into the finals (if we get past the wcf) I'd feel like we'd be more prepared this time

Malice
05-16-2014, 12:18 AM
Thats basically life. Nut up or shut up.

Prose
05-16-2014, 12:46 AM
so would that be good for the spurs? good conditioning going into the finals (if we get past the wcf) I'd feel like we'd be more prepared this time

Yea exactly! we when we beat okc then I know we can beat Miami and get revenge

Old School 44
05-16-2014, 12:56 AM
The first few rounds were easy opponents for the Heat. Even though they've played poorly, if there's any team that can unite the Jekyll / Hyde Pacers, it's the Heat! I think it will be a tougher series than people expect. Still like the Heat though.

TheyCallMePro
05-16-2014, 01:03 AM
There are 4 teams in the Conference Finals. 3 of them are the top 3 best teams in the NBA. 1 of them is outside of the top 20. Not too hard to figure out which team that is.

The Pacers can't score. They have no superstars. A below average point guard. An inept center, and a bad coach. They will lose to the Heat in 4 or 5 games. And it's an absolute joke that they get to be 1 of the last four teams in the playoffs just because of what conference they play in.

DMC
05-16-2014, 01:21 AM
It doesn't matter, the best team will win it all. It really makes no difference in which order the losers start vacation.

Malik Hairston
05-16-2014, 01:40 AM
The difficulty of the path has never played a part in the Finals result..in the NBA, barring injury, the best team always wins, it's not the NFL..

Nobody remembers that Magic's Lakers won a title one year in a conference that was even worse than this season's historically bad East:lol..