PDA

View Full Version : How will humans evolve in the future?

CharlieMac
08-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Will there even be a need to? With no real natural enemies, so many means of transportation, the easy access of many types of food, and vaccines readily available for many types of diseases, will we ever have any real needs?

If anything I think we'll get smaller physically and organs will eventually adapt in size and function to all the crap we put in our bodies.

Spurminator
08-11-2005, 09:10 AM
We will eventually grow a second opposable thumb on each hand to keep up with new video gaming technology.

MannyIsGod
08-11-2005, 10:25 AM
We evolve all the time. Many of the things you mentioned above could be considered evolution of a sorts. We're just the most advanced animal on the planet when it comes to passing information from generation to generation.

But even in a physical sense we have evolved a lot from the first humans.

ALVAREZ6
08-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Our penises will be longer and they will hang and touch the ground.

We will also have wings so we can drive by other animals and shit on them just like birds.

CharlieMac
08-11-2005, 10:31 AM
One of the first thinsg to change will probably be body hair and our little toe.

SWC Bonfire
08-11-2005, 10:32 AM

We will also have wings so we can drive by other animals and shit on them just like birds.

:lmao

Hey, I'm on the forefront of evolution! (If you don't count the wing thing...) :lol

MiNuS
08-11-2005, 10:37 AM
I don't know about evolution but I have heard about implanting chips with your personal information,ie..blood type,donor,allergies,etc.
I also know about implanting small hard drives into human brains.So maybe one day the human race will be part human and part robot.

did anyone hear about the "hollogram memories"? I heard something like that on TV yesterday.

batman2883
08-11-2005, 10:37 AM
HA HA HA HA HA second opposible thumb for the xbox shit so many buttons, oh and i think we shall grow gills and be able to breathe underwater like Kevin Foster in Waterworld.

Extra Stout
08-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Humans will become less intelligent and less civilized. Wealthy and educated people have a lot fewer children than the poor and ignorant. In industrialized nations, people frequently defer having children in favor of improving their own standard of living. While it makes us comfortable, it is an evolutionary disadvantage.

The devoutly religious also reproduce more than the secular. So people predisposed to that will increase in quantity.

Most of the biodiversity of the human race is in Africa, so despite their huge problems, they have a better chance long-term (i.e., millions of years) of overcoming diseases and other environmental factors that might seriously reduce the population of humans in other parts of the earth.

Other features will depend upon which habitats are most favorable.

batman2883
08-11-2005, 11:04 AM
I dont believe that, the poor uneducated people who are having the children are the ones pushing and try to overcome the failures of their parents. I know ive seen it personally, people are more and more trying to go out and get a better education.

SWC Bonfire
08-11-2005, 11:05 AM
^^^:tu

Never underestimate the power of a motivated induvidual.

Jelly
08-11-2005, 11:46 AM
We will not evolve. We will devolve into outrageously fat knuckledraggers who when asked their nationality answer "white" or "latino", think "irregardless" is a word, can't find the Pacific Ocean on a map, and whose total communication skills are limited to utterances of "I'd hit it" and "I'd hit it twice".

SpursWoman
08-11-2005, 12:00 PM

Unfortunately, so will *our* tits. :fro

CharlieMac
08-11-2005, 12:02 PM
:lol Ba-Zing!

SWC Bonfire
08-11-2005, 12:02 PM

:depressed

Very funny.

I believe we all will become damn dirty apes. Some of us are getting there already.:tu

ALVAREZ6
08-11-2005, 12:05 PM
:lol

Extra Stout
08-11-2005, 12:06 PM
I dont believe that, the poor uneducated people who are having the children are the ones pushing and try to overcome the failures of their parents. I know ive seen it personally, people are more and more trying to go out and get a better education.Well, sure, but then when the successful ones grow up, they'll wait to have kids until they've established themselves in the corporate world, and then they'll look at the price of a good college... and have maybe two kids.

And the cycle continues.

SpursWoman
08-11-2005, 12:12 PM
:depressed

Very funny.

I believe we all will become damn dirty apes. Some of us are getting there already.:tu

Seriously, I'm a strong believer in Darwin....us women will become so obsessed with attracting the best, stongest men and will inevitably turn the contest into a "who can make their boobs bigger" war. There will be so much silicone or saline or whatever hanging off the front of our chests that we will invariably develop an osteoperosis-type hunch...and gravity will bring the girls to the ground.

Knuckles soon to follow. :)

thispego
08-11-2005, 12:20 PM
HA HA HA HA HA second opposible thumb for the xbox shit so many buttons, oh and i think we shall grow gills and be able to breathe underwater like Kevin Foster in Waterworld.
lolol, has he been out of work That long?

Extra Stout
08-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Seriously, I'm a strong believer in Darwin....us women will become so obsessed with attracting the best, stongest men and will inevitably turn the contest into a "who can make their boobs bigger" war. There will be so much silicone or saline or whatever hanging off the front of our chests that we will invariably develop an osteoperosis-type hunch...and gravity will bring the girls to the ground.

Knuckles soon to follow. :)Well, not all women around the world can afford plastic surgery, so alternately clothing will just get skimpier and skimpier until all women under the age of 25 simply walk around naked.

And spending all that time in their youth unsupported means that invariably ladies' chests will sag low in middle age.

Ginofan
08-11-2005, 01:49 PM

It's Kevin Kostner.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-11-2005, 01:58 PM
much of the previous pressure for evolution is being eliminated like you said, so that means new pressures are around us, and are very new

we probably wont see any change for millions of years (like we'll last that long anyways) and then we we see a very breif period of drastic changes

i can see our lungs getting more used to all the extra shit in the air
our skin becoming cancer-resistant
practical thigns like this

the people who get most of these mutations will be the poor, homeless etc (assuming civilization is still around when it happens) because they will be stronger selection in these populations

assuming rich and poor stay seperated we could very well see the human race diverging into 2 sub species, or castes

SWC Bonfire
08-11-2005, 02:06 PM
assuming rich and poor stay seperated we could very well see the human race diverging into 2 sub species, or castes

Normal humans, and the Tahoe People.

ObiwanGinobili
08-11-2005, 02:08 PM
How will humans evolve in the future?

we'll grow wings, be 9ft tall and shoot laser beams out our eyeballs.

SWC Bonfire
08-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Women's eyeballs will move to their breasts. (SNL skit on this one).

Extra Stout
08-11-2005, 02:23 PM
much of the previous pressure for evolution is being eliminated like you said, so that means new pressures are around us, and are very new

we probably wont see any change for millions of years (like we'll last that long anyways) and then we we see a very breif period of drastic changes

[quote]i can see our lungs getting more used to all the extra shit in the airWe'll have hair billowing out of our noses to act as a filter.

our skin becoming cancer-resistantEverybody except white people already have this. It's called melanin. The reason white people don't have it is because Europe gets so little sun that only people with less pigment could produce enough vitamin D to thrive.

But we've kind of short-circuited that by having nice air-conditioned homes and sunscreen, so we don't die from skin cancer before we reproduce.

Spurminator
08-11-2005, 02:24 PM
If anything our skin will grow less resistant to sunlight because we'll be spending so much of our time inside playing videogames with our 4 thumbs.

batman2883
08-11-2005, 03:06 PM
If anything our skin will grow less resistant to sunlight because we'll be spending so much of our time inside playing videogames with our 4 thumbs.

Ha haha ha ha, Women will actually all become beautiful.....not just a select few....j/k ladies

David Bowie
08-11-2005, 03:09 PM
In terms of evolution, we may eventually be born with bigger stomachs to begin with, at least i nthe countries that are well to do.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-11-2005, 04:06 PM
It's Kevin Kostner.

It's Kevin Costner.

AlamoSpursFan
08-11-2005, 04:07 PM
What difference does it make? His movies suck either way...

batman2883
08-11-2005, 04:08 PM
I liked the Postman, Field of Dreams, and Waterworld.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-11-2005, 05:46 PM
We'll have hair billowing out of our noses to act as a filter.

that is a good idea, but i meant what i said in terms of different gases, like increased gases in the atmosphere besides O2

Everybody except white people already have this. It's called melanin. The reason white people don't have it is because Europe gets so little sun that only people with less pigment could produce enough vitamin D to thrive.
non-whites get skin cancer

But we've kind of short-circuited that by having nice air-conditioned homes and sunscreen, so we don't die from skin cancer before we reproduce
skin cancer, any cancer, and any fatal illnesses have never been common before reproduction, our evolutionary history has ensured that a very large majority of us can make it through prime reproductive ages (16-22) with no real problems

BTW waterworld was the bomb

Do you have any resin?
kwlerjewrwjplfwejfpPAPER!!!!
it DOES look like shit!
We were wondering if we could have your seed.
i been savin it for special trade!

batman2883
08-11-2005, 05:55 PM
ha ha ha "its paper, its paper...paper"

ObiwanGinobili
08-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Everybody except white people already have this. It's called melanin. The reason white people don't have it is because Europe gets so little sun that only people with less pigment could produce enough vitamin D to thrive.

white people have melanin, just not as much. they arn't see-thru.

a good friend of mine has skin cancer. She is black.
actually she's blackity black black black. she's so black other black people say "damn.. she's black!".
she had never used sunscreen. but she does now.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-11-2005, 05:56 PM
ha ha ha "its paper, its paper...paper"

:tu you just made my sig

ShoogarBear
08-11-2005, 09:04 PM
You guys realize that this discussion would be illegal in certain states (Kansas, Georgia)?

TheTruth
08-11-2005, 09:10 PM

Consider me evolved.