PDA

View Full Version : Things to get out of your system now before the WCF starts, tbh...

ElNono
05-16-2014, 01:31 AM
- Refs will award fouls to OKC. They're an NBA team, they'll get calls. We'll get some calls too.

- KD and WB will flop, do the ripthrough, etc. Our guys do it too, some more, some less.

- Reggie Jackson will score a basket. Maybe more. That's his job. Our bench guys need to keep up what they've been doing and knock em down too.

- Fisher will make some 3 pointers. That's also his job. Spurs need to make sure to run him from the 3 point line. If they don't, that's on us.

- Spurs might actually lose a game this series. We lost a game or more in the last few series, it's ok. It's the WCF, and we're playing a pretty good team.

IMO, if you go into this series with the preconceived notion we're going to get screwed, you're going to be missing out in what should be a great series (I'm hoping here TP will be OK come monday).

Yeah, there's a bunch of unlikeable guys on OKC. Well, they probably don't love us either, and, if anything, should make victory all the more sweeter.

In closing, chill out, enjoy the ride, should be a good one.

Mugen
05-16-2014, 01:34 AM
:lol F that noise. Freak the fuck out, Spurfan, cuz we goin full meltdown for dis bitch tbh.........

I hope Clay Bennett gets AIDS.

sook
05-16-2014, 01:37 AM
Reggie Jackson and his team of ugly goons will continue to scare little children.

timtonymanu
05-16-2014, 01:40 AM
No complaints from me here. All I can say is that I'm scared of this matchup. I'm excited though, can't wait for Game 1.

SPURSCHAMPS
05-16-2014, 01:42 AM
I am sure this is a joke but I hope we refrain from jokes like this.I have cancer and it's not even funny.

kjhip1
05-16-2014, 01:43 AM
- Refs will award fouls to OKC. They're an NBA team, they'll get calls. We'll get some calls too.

- KD and WB will flop, do the ripthrough, etc. Our guys do it too, some more, some less.

- Reggie Jackson will score a basket. Maybe more. That's his job. Our bench guys need to keep up what they've been doing and knock em down too.

- Fisher will make some 3 pointers. That's also his job. Spurs need to make sure to run him from the 3 point line. If they don't, that's on us.

- Spurs might actually lose a game this series. We lost a game or more in the last few series, it's ok. It's the WCF, and we're playing a pretty good team.

IMO, if you go into this series with the preconceived notion we're going to get screwed, you're going to be missing out in what should be a great series (I'm hoping here TP will be OK come monday).

Yeah, there's a bunch of unlikeable guys on OKC. Well, they probably don't love us either, and, if anything, should make victory all the more sweeter.

watching this team has been amazing..thinking they were done years ago as a team and now they're still in contention seems fitting for a team that just never gives up..They retool and keep coming back...How sweet it would be for this team to get back to the finals and be the ones to knock off the champs leaving no questions as to who the best is! It'll be a fun ride, GSG!

Kool Bob Love
05-16-2014, 01:43 AM
Spurs can't lose Elnono. They just can't.

kjhip1
05-16-2014, 01:47 AM
I am sure this is a joke but I hope we refrain from jokes like this.I have cancer and it's not even funny.

Well said! Keep fighting the fight! Saw my grandfather suffer through cancer when I was younger..prayers to you and your family - Godspeed

Mugen
05-16-2014, 01:48 AM

Dude......It was a reference to the "I hope Mark Cuban gets cancer" thread. But I'll change it for you.

Tuddy
05-16-2014, 01:49 AM
So much of the 2012 series was Harden on fire throughout. Without him the spurs should win if they maintain the defensive intensity

100%duncan
05-16-2014, 01:51 AM
:tu

kjhip1
05-16-2014, 01:53 AM
So much of the 2012 series was Harden on fire throughout. Without him the spurs should win if they maintain the defensive intensity

yeah he killed us in the 4th quarter...tbh would rather have had durant and westbrook shooting..they still play one on one...if the Spurs can slow them down to more of a half court game, cut out the turnovers, and not allow them to fast-break, then we have a great chance..I think POP will come out with a wrinkle we havent seen yet...

Mikeanaro
05-16-2014, 01:55 AM
:flag:

siraulo23
05-16-2014, 02:00 AM
Im excited for for CF basketball, tough matchup for the spurs

so i dont mind the spurs losing as long as they compete but ill be rooting for them like crazy each and every game

z0sa
05-16-2014, 02:05 AM
ElNono

smaka
05-16-2014, 02:36 AM
Get ready to start hating Steven Adams..

hater
05-16-2014, 02:49 AM
Get ready to start hating Steven Adams..

Love that guy. Only faggots would hate that hustle. He's like Baynes but with a brain :lmao

hater
05-16-2014, 02:50 AM
I'm reallly liking OKC folks. If they beat us I'll be a content camper imo

testies
05-16-2014, 02:57 AM
Look at this 'hater' retard

Are you even a spurs fan?

Baynes
05-16-2014, 02:58 AM
ElNono with dem goods

SnakeBoy
05-16-2014, 02:59 AM
:lol F that noise. Freak the fuck out, Spurfan, cuz we goin full meltdown for dis bitch tbh.........

:lol That's more like it

Cry Havoc
05-16-2014, 03:00 AM
Going to try my best not to complain about the refs too much this series.

That said.

Sigh.

FUCK THE REFS.

100%duncan
05-16-2014, 03:05 AM
And KD will score 30 points every game tbh

smaka
05-16-2014, 05:50 AM
Love that guy. Only faggots would hate that hustle. He's like Baynes but with a brain :lmao
Yeah but we all know you are not Spurs fan so..

gilmor
05-16-2014, 07:10 AM
Parker or Manu is going to suck one game or more..

EVAY
05-16-2014, 07:33 AM
Come what may…I am proud of this team. I already consider this season a success. We are one of 4 teams left standing in the NBA.

I love watching them play.

I know that we will lose game(s) to OKC. I expect that.

If we win this series, it will be one of the hardest fought and best wins in Spurs History.

The refs will favor OKC. They have done all year and will continue to do. Spurs best counter as a team is to play so aggressively and drive the basket (yes, I'm talking to you, Manu) so hard they have no choice but to call fouls on the Thunder. Because the Thunder will absolutely try to get us fouled out by driving the lane and fouling us out.

We have to get rebounds!!

OKC plays very physically and tends to get away with it. I hope to see Baynes on Perkins a few times just to return the favor.

barakz21
05-16-2014, 07:51 AM

fuck yeah, especially the last part. :toast

peacemaker885
05-16-2014, 07:58 AM
My DVR is ready.

DJR210
05-16-2014, 07:59 AM

Change your sig to read "those AIDS"

EVAY
05-16-2014, 08:00 AM
I honestly believe that in a 7 games series the better team will win, all things being equal (including refs).

mclinejr
05-16-2014, 08:01 AM
Spurs in 4 :flag:

urunobili
05-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Ibaka will go HOF'er again and 11-11 from the field
Perkins will follow with a 9-9 from the field night too
Refs will bail them out 1 game or two
Manu will average 4 TO per game with a career high 9 in a game
Only chance the Spurs win it's if Green, Kawhi and Mills play all series like game 5 against Portland
TD will be toyed by Adams
Adams won't be called for several flagrant fouls

silverblk mystix
05-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Scotty Brooks

Scotty Fuckin' Brooks...

Absolutely no way in the universe that Scotty Fuckin' Brooks stands a chance against the Great Popovich!!!!!!!!!

tmtcsc
05-16-2014, 08:31 AM
Don't be afraid. Enjoy this series, we are the better team and OKC has some payback coming to them. There's no chance the Spurs don't play with the appropriate fear. OKC has been yanking some wins out der a$$es thus far but we have more weapons and composure than Memphis and LAC.

KaiRMD1
05-16-2014, 08:34 AM
Asking spurs fans to chill out is pretty much wishful thinking. Most of these ol' sports have jumped off the proverbial cliff already

jag
05-16-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm reallly liking OKC folks. If they beat us I'll be a content camper imo

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KT7n3MPN7Dw/UBYKBGPiH_I/AAAAAAAAMiE/km6qfg22NCM/s640/KGWTF.gif

SPURSCHAMPS
05-16-2014, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=kjhip1;7334821]Well said! Keep fighting the fight! Saw my grandfather suffer through cancer when I was younger..prayers to you and your family - Godspeed[/QU
Thanks!!!!I am in remission finished all my treatments last year that lasted 9 months and I am doing great.I am back to work and so far so good except I have lingering side effects from my treatments but no complaints.I am just happy that I am able to make a difference despite what I've been through.And you are right once you are in this situation there's no choice out there but to KEEP FIGHTING.

Walton Buys Off Me
05-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Thunder (especially Westbrook) get calls because they drive to the basket....that's basketball.

We need to do our best to keep them out of the paint and we (i.e. Leonard, Parker, Ginobili) need to also attack...and we will get calls.

The aggressor gets the call in the NBA.

That said, Pop needs to reach into that tickle trunk and work those refs in this series though, that's for sure. He can't be passive and professional...he needs to channel some inner Phil Jackson if things get suspect.

IMO- Kawhi Leonard and Tiago Splitter are the keys to this series. Assuming Ibaka (is healthy) checks Duncan, Splitter can have a field day with Perkins. OKC may play Adams more as a result.

Since OKC will likely put Sefolosha on Parker and Westbrook on our 2 guard, Leonard will be guarded by Durant. An aggressive Leonard forces KD to actually play defense and will tire him out and/or possibly get him in foul trouble.

Spurs in 6....

gospursgojas
05-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Fuck that....okc will get all calls. Better be up by 20 in 4th. If its close, refs lock in win for Thunders.

DD
05-16-2014, 09:50 AM
Nobody cares about your cancer, dipshit...stay on topic

lurker23
05-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Good OP. :tu It should be a great series to watch.

Even against the Thunder, I typically feel that NBA refs are pretty fair 9 games out of 10. Sure, some are better officiated than others, but usually the good/bad calls even out. Hopefully we don't get that 1 game out of 10 in this series, though.

Perry Mason
05-16-2014, 10:12 AM

What an excellent post. This should be every Spurs fan's mindset. I consider any season that the Spurs make the WCF (i.e. the final four) to be a success. There is too much variability in basketball to think titles are the only show of accomplishment. To have 4 for such a small-market franchise is utterly historic.

So let's enjoy the ride and watch good basketball. The Thunder have players who tend to act distastefully and spoiled, but KD and RW are amazing competitors and have worked tremendously hard to get where they are. I can't express hate for those two young men.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Ginobili will continue to get zero calls

Splits
05-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Things I'm looking forward to:

- Durant's mom
- Karen Butler's "call me" hand signal
- Media talking about "backdoor sweep" of 2012 and game 6 chokejob to fill downtime
- Having one of Splitter/Leonard/Duncan with 2 fouls in the first 6 minutes of every game
- Pop's "both teams played hard" comments after we get completely fucked by refs
- Manu starting as soon as we lose a game at home

jARS mEsH sEt
05-16-2014, 11:59 AM
I don't think anyone has a problem with OKC being awarded free throws :lol

People have a problem with OKC being awarded 7 touch fouls during the game (for 14 FTA, let's say) while the Spurs are awarded 5 touch fouls (for 10 FTA) when, in reality, 50 touch fouls actually occurred throughout the course of the game for both teams.

Old School 44
05-16-2014, 12:02 PM
What will tick me off is one of our star players getting a double technical with one of their scrubs, like Perkins or Adams. I can see Duncan getting tied up with Perkins in the post. Perkins scowling and shoving Duncan, Duncan complaining, and then the stupid double T.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Good OP. :tu It should be a great series to watch.

Even against the Thunder, I typically feel that NBA refs are pretty fair 9 games out of 10. Sure, some are better officiated than others, but usually the good/bad calls even out. Hopefully we don't get that 1 game out of 10 in this series, though.

:lmao I'm pretty sure you've been under a rock.

DrSteffo
05-16-2014, 12:08 PM
If refs are ok we will win, if they screw us again they will do just that and no one will pretend it ever happened. Just praise the godlike MVP and be happy.

lurker23
05-16-2014, 12:21 PM
:lmao I'm pretty sure you've been under a rock.

I'm sure your years of experience as a basketball official have proven to you how easy a job it is.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-16-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm sure your years of experience as a basketball official have proven to you how easy a job it is.

Nice red herring.

:lmao All spurstalk 3rd team
:lmao logical fallacies galore

Horse
05-16-2014, 12:23 PM

I agree not point in freaking out cause we will be screwed no doubt about it. Hopefully we can overcome.

ElNono
05-16-2014, 12:26 PM
I don't think anyone has a problem with OKC being awarded free throws :lol

People have a problem with OKC being awarded 7 touch fouls during the game (for 14 FTA, let's say) while the Spurs are awarded 5 touch fouls (for 10 FTA) when, in reality, 50 touch fouls actually occurred throughout the course of the game for both teams.

The point is that there's nothing the Spurs, the coaching stuff, the front office, the fans, etc can do about that. If you want to blow a gasket about it, then that's on you.

The best remedy is simply box out and rebound their misses and put the ball in the basket at the other end. That, the Spurs can control.

It's not like the Thunder have been world-beaters this playoffs, or that they ever won anything. They have their weak points too, just like every team does.

DesignatedT
05-16-2014, 12:32 PM

EVAY
05-16-2014, 12:36 PM
What will tick me off is one of our star players getting a double technical with one of their scrubs, like Perkins or Adams. I can see Duncan getting tied up with Perkins in the post. Perkins scowling and shoving Duncan, Duncan complaining, and then the stupid double T.

Nawwwwwww- that would never happen, would it!?!

EVAY
05-16-2014, 12:43 PM
I want to get this out of my system before the WCF starts::

If, by some turn of events the Spurs lose a game or more than one game or even the entire series…it will not be the fault of any one or even two players.

So for all of the posters who are filling their ink wells right now for purpose of blaming it Tony, or Manu, or Patty, or Splitter, or Green or whoever else, it will be a team effort.

Nor will it be the fault of the head coach.

Teams win - teams lose - together.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-16-2014, 12:49 PM

If, by some turn of events the Spurs lose a game or more than one game or even the entire series…it will not be the fault of any one or even two players.

So for all of the posters who are filling their ink wells right now for purpose of blaming it Tony, or Manu, or Patty, or Splitter, or Green or whoever else, it will be a team effort.

By my own (albeit arbitrary) standards, I blame whoever has the most mistakes on the team. Mistake severity is ranked as follows:

Turnover >>>>> missed shot > missed free throw

Defense is too much of a team game to place blame on any one player so I'm leaving that out.

ElNono
05-16-2014, 12:52 PM

yah, it's like reducing a stinker of a quarter or a half to a single play. But this is Spurtalk, that's what we do here :lol

littlecoyotecoin
05-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Thunder (especially Westbrook) get calls because they drive to the basket....that's basketball.

We need to do our best to keep them out of the paint and we (i.e. Leonard, Parker, Ginobili) need to also attack...and we will get calls.

The aggressor gets the call in the NBA.

That philosophy works almost every time. There is only one situation when it doesn't work: When it doesn't work.

The refs do not necessarily make the call for you if you are aggressive. Many times, Manu and Tony make an aggressive drive to the basket, end up on the floor, and OKC or opponent de jure end up going the other way 5 on 4. So, without the call, your aggression is used against you in a 4-6 point swing. I agree that they need to be aggressive going to the basket, but they have to be careful about it, too. ( Meaning put up makable shots when trying to draw fouls...don't rely on the refs to bail you out. ). That four game backdoor sweep was pretty disgusting and some of the most lopsided officiating I can remember. Maybe it wasn't a fix, and maybe I am too bias, but it did shake my belief in the integrity of the game.

lurker23
05-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Nice red herring.

:lmao All spurstalk 3rd team
:lmao logical fallacies galore

I'm not saying that lack of experience as a ref means you can't have an opinion or an argument. I'm saying that if you don't recognize the difficulty of officiating a basketball game and/or you constantly look at officiating with fan-tinted glasses, then it's hard to see that NBA refs generally do a fairly good job.

mclinejr
05-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Nobody cares about your cancer, dipshit...stay on topic

If I were a moderator, I would ban you.

will_spurs
05-16-2014, 01:12 PM

We'll just get only half as many calls, but that's alright.

But mostly a lot less. And our guys don't actually get a call every time they do it.

His FG% will double while taking only horrible, highly contested shots.

Sadly Pop will not remember he signed Baynes only to break Fisher's leg until it's too late.

Spurs might actually win a game this series. Because the refs are sometimes so bad they can't even rig games the proper way.

As long as you understand OKC is destined to win.

hsxvvd
05-16-2014, 01:26 PM
It'd be nice if it were that simple, but it isn't a matter of the Refs giving the Thunder a few calls. They've been given a few GAMES.

I can't even get excited about this series I know we're going to get fucked over already. Just like the Grizz and the Clippers.

Durant v. LeBron. It is already written.

DD
05-16-2014, 01:26 PM
If I were a moderator, I would ban you.

Why? Didnt he say it was in remission?

If it comes back I'll be the first to wish him goodbye

DJB
05-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Reggie Jackson and his team of ugly goons will continue to scare little children.

Reggie Jackson looks like my taint after a triathlon. Dude is ugly as FUCK.

ElNono
05-16-2014, 02:19 PM
As long as you understand OKC is destined to win.

Not even sure what this means, tbh... no offense. Were the Spurs ever 'destined' to win any of the series they've won the last few seasons?

Against the up and coming GSW, featuring league darling Curry, and his band of hot shooting bandidos?
Against the best team in LA, and now bastion against racism featuring CP3 and Griffin?
Against this season's revelation, the Blazers, featuring LMA and another league darling in Lillard?

If the Spurs play up to their abilities, the rest will work itself out, IMO.

will_spurs
05-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Not even sure what this means, tbh... no offense. Were the Spurs ever 'destined' to win any of the series they've won the last few seasons?

Spurs are irrelevant to OKC's destiny of playing against Miami in the Finals.

Mugen
05-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Spurs are irrelevant to OKC's destiny of playing against Miami in the Finals.

Are you going to watch any of the games?

will_spurs
05-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Are you going to watch any of the games?

I'm going to watch the first game. If the refs pull the same shit they pulled all series against the Clippers, I'll stop there and I'll wait for the Finals, if the Spurs make it.

Mugen
05-16-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm going to watch the first game. If the refs pull the same shit they pulled all series against the Clippers, I'll stop there and I'll wait for the Finals, if the Spurs make it.

Seems silly to bother watching something that you seem like is already predetermined tbh.

will_spurs
05-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Seems silly to bother watching something that you seem like is already predetermined tbh.

I'll watch the first game to determine if my hunch is right.

200 miles
05-16-2014, 03:19 PM
One thing must happen and that is for Green to be on Reggie Jackson at all times, like a pit bull on a poodle.

EVAY
05-16-2014, 03:24 PM
One other thing I want to get out of my system:

We desperately need to win the first two games. Really really really.

We have several days off before the first game. We have several days of between games 2 and 3. Those are the only physical breaks we get in the series. The rest of the time it is every other night and we know how we looked by the time we had been doing that for the Dallas games and then 4 games into the Portland series. So…. make the most of the games just before and just after some major rest. As a team, we need those off days to recover, and if we don't get them, it shows. Big time.

UZER
05-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Westbrook will be allowed to run over players while going for steals. Westbrook will not be allowed to be run over when players are going for steals.

heyheymymy
05-16-2014, 03:38 PM
just gotta get 2012 outta our system, spurs are a very experienced team since then.

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2014, 03:54 PM
The point is that there's nothing the Spurs, the coaching stuff, the front office, the fans, etc can do about that. If you want to blow a gasket about it, then that's on you.

How very Popovich-ian of you.

It's an excellent point.

05-16-2014, 04:12 PM
And KD will score 30 points every game tbhwe held him under 25 during that streak of his until he started padding stats tbh

DarrinS
05-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Westbrook will be allowed to run over players while going for steals. Westbrook will not be allowed to be run over when players are going for steals.

QFT

hsxvvd
05-16-2014, 04:47 PM
I will not be watching any games that Tony Brothers is a part of... I don't want to throw my remote through my television.

05-16-2014, 04:48 PM

z0sa
05-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Glad to see people venting the lame ref/fixed destiny/conspiracy theory garbage tbh. Hopefully this kind of cathartic non sense will be less widespread during the actual series.

Fat chance, I know, but one can hope.

noles1983
05-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Dude......It was a reference to the "I hope Mark Cuban gets cancer" thread. But I'll change it for you.

i should get bolded for that thread. tbh

Mel_13
05-16-2014, 09:44 PM

Dex
05-16-2014, 09:44 PM
Glad to see people venting the lame ref/fixed destiny/conspiracy theory garbage tbh. Hopefully this kind of cathartic non sense will be less widespread during the actual series.

Fat chance, I know, but one can hope.

Wait until the first questionable call, and the snowball will start to roll.

DMC
05-16-2014, 09:59 PM

You hope he gets those aids?

DMC
05-16-2014, 10:00 PM
The comment will be made multiple times "the aggressive team gets the calls, especially at home" as Durant steps to the line again.

mclinejr
05-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Why? Didnt he say it was in remission?

If it comes back I'll be the first to wish him goodbye

I started to take you seriously for a second, but then I saw' "Los Angeles Lakers" under your profile pic.

DD
05-17-2014, 09:52 AM
I started to take you seriously for a second, but then I saw' "Los Angeles Lakers" under your profile pic.

Sick burn, you'll fit right in up here

Dark Matter
05-18-2014, 04:12 AM
"Things to get out of your system now before the WCF starts, tbh..."

If you pick the Spurs in six, expect them to lose two:smchode:.

-21-
05-18-2014, 04:14 AM
"Things to get out of your system now before the WCF starts, tbh..."

If you pick the Spurs in six, expect them to lose two:smchode:.
:lol

mclinejr
05-18-2014, 09:05 AM
Sick burn, you'll fit right in up here

No burn intended. I just can't believe I'm talking to a guy that makes fun of cancer, and cheers for a rapist.