PDA

View Full Version : How can Spurs check Okc?

Pako
05-16-2014, 01:42 AM
One thing i notice with Spurs when they won a series is that they have defensive scheme that took away the strength of opponent. For example, they were able check Nowitski in Dallas series. They were able to check Lilard and Aldridge in Portland series. Even Lebron was checked at certain point during Finals last year. However, i have not seen Pop exploit Okc.. May be he is saving it for this moment.. What do you guys think?

Brunodf
05-16-2014, 01:44 AM
Kidnap the zebras tbh

ezau
05-16-2014, 01:50 AM
I do think the Spurs are going to pack the paint to make WB and KD shoot from the outside. Both are capable of shooting well from the perimeter, but the Spurs have to live with that instead of letting KD and WB drive relentlessly to the basket. Splitter and Duncan both have to be stellar on the defensive end.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-16-2014, 01:52 AM
Put Tiago on durskinny, tbh.

Prose
05-16-2014, 01:53 AM
Nah ....durant will face the basket and drive

egtonecity
05-16-2014, 01:55 AM
Prolly have to mix it up against kd. Throw doubles at him here and there. Clipps had success throwing the small double teams at him. While they're at it, they should attack ibakas calf. Kick it, bite it, etc.

ElNono
05-16-2014, 02:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/d0j4vnG.gif

siraulo23
05-16-2014, 02:04 AM
Adams will spread splitters vag as st users would say, im expecting it so no rage when the inevitable happens

apalisoc_9
05-16-2014, 02:06 AM

:lmao

ivanfromwestwood
05-16-2014, 02:07 AM
Guard Westbrick like we guarded LeBron. Back off him and let him chunk away. Best way yo slow Durant if you ask me

sook
05-16-2014, 02:08 AM

:lol

z0sa
05-16-2014, 02:13 AM
The key to the entire series will be the hustle/experience plays. No turnovers, no missed assignments or brainfarts on D, nail the open shot, contest the boards, etc.

If the Spurs play their game peak efficiency, they will win. It is up to the Spurs whether they will win or lose.

spurraider21
05-16-2014, 02:17 AM
:lmao this is the best

SnakeBoy
05-16-2014, 03:15 AM
Guard Westbrick like we guarded LeBron. Back off him and let him chunk away. Best way yo slow Durant if you ask me

Not bad, KD probably won't touch the ball the entire series if they do that.

Horry Hipcheck
05-16-2014, 03:23 AM
Discourage the drive, and let Westbrook fire away. The more he thinks he can win the game alone the more damage he'll cause to OKC. KD will score, but maybe less often if he's only allowed perimeter shots. Ibaka, Jackson, and Fisher all must be limited so that OKC becomes a two - man show on offense. Pack the paint and box the fuck out. Don't try to pass them into exhaustion, they'll eventually close a passing lane and force a turnover. OKC only beats others when they're not beating themselves. Let them beat themselves.

Johnsyounger
05-16-2014, 03:23 AM
Let them check themselves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vxa5uRKDa4#t=431

coach nick with the goods

John_C
05-16-2014, 03:31 AM
Guard the 4 OKC players on the floor and let Westbrook play hero ball. Always does the trick :lol

Raven
05-16-2014, 03:31 AM
#dontPlayBeli

DarrinS
05-16-2014, 06:09 AM

:lmao. Holy shit!

rascal
05-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Spurs have to limit turnovers that result in easy baskets the other way. I see this as a big problem for the slower less athletic spurs who need to rely on passing the ball to get good shots.

EVAY
05-16-2014, 10:01 AM
1. Rebounds. We have to have them…Means we have to keep Perkins from getting all of them for OKC.

2. DO NOT FOUL Durant and Westbrook when they are driving to the paint. If we can keep them from driving at all, that is okay. Live with the jump shots being made. But if they drive and we try to stop them the refs will call fouls on us every time and they will get three points instead of two and we will foul out our best post guys.

3. Set really good screens for our cutters. Our bigs have to take their bigs out of the lane for our guys to finish at the rim without getting beat up in the process. Refs will not call fouls on the Thunder bigs when they hit our guys in the lane, so our bigs have to essentially play pulling guard for our guys.

4. Play their passing lanes. They have made mincemeat out of our offensive schemes by playing our passing lanes so effectively. With Kawhi and Green (and Manu) we should be able to pick off some of their passes and score in transition. We really need to outscore them in transition. I think our defense is better than it was last year.

5. Put Diaw on Durant. He is slower than Durant but wily and I think he will piss off Durant. That would be good.

I wouldn't mind seeing a starting five for the spurs of Duncan, Splitter, Diaw, Leonard and Parker. Diaw provides another ball handler which we need because Sefalosha will be all over Parker's dribble. Plus, Diaw on Durant and Leonard on Westbrook and Duncan Splitter on their bigs for rebounds and getting our guards into the lane. I have no idea who that leaves for Parker to guard, but whoever it is is who he has to take.

But then, I'm not a hall-of-fame coach so I honestly don't know how to beat them. Sure hope Pop does, though!!

weebo
05-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Pack the paint and chase them off the 3...move the ball and limit TOs.

If abaka is seriously injured, trade/give them Boooner.

ceperez
05-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Make both Westbrook and Durant work on defense. Then hope they don't have their legs come crunch time.

Russ
05-16-2014, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure packing the paint will work against OKC.

They have such ungodly confidence.

It could be Andre Jordan and he'd hit a flurry of threes in the last minute.

This truly is a team of Derek Fishers. :smchode:

Horse
05-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Also when we foul make it count. break the little twig faggot durant in half. And put westbrick on his ass everytime he wants to fly throught the air. But the biggest problem is gonna be the fouls they dont call on okc cause those lead to fast break pts.