PDA

View Full Version : Memphis vs. Clippers

webshad
05-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Why was Memphis so effective against OKC when compared to the Clippers? Any other reason than Tony Allen?

Do you think Spurs should use the Tony Allen strategy against Durant i.e. don't allow OKC to pass the ball to Durant?

testies
05-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Clippers were also effective.. God knows how they blew games 5 and 6

DarrinS
05-16-2014, 08:12 AM
If not for that game 5 bullsh, it would've been 7 game series.

CGD
05-16-2014, 08:50 AM
Memphis had good post players making OKC respect that on defense. That also meant OKC had to play a slower a line up on offense, which favored Memphis's grind out style of play. Moreover, unlike the Clips Memphis had an elite wing defender to throw at KD. Clips really need to work on beefing up their SF position next year.

Raven
05-16-2014, 09:04 AM
Clippers were also effective.. God knows how they blew games 5 and 6

they were not, durant scored at will in every game, including game 1.

poop
05-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Memphis would have actually beat them if it werent for the Thunderrefs and the zbo suspension

05-16-2014, 09:15 AM
Memphis would have actually beat them if it werent for the Thunderrefs and the zbo suspensionshould've been over in 5 or 6 in favor of memphis

bklynspursfan
05-16-2014, 09:34 AM
Clippers were effective when moving the ball, spreading the floor, and making OKC's defense work. They aren't as good as Memphis defensively, but they made them OKC's defense work. They also had Barnes/Granger/and I guess CP3 to guard Durant so he had different looks. I think you can either beat OKC how Memphis did which is being physical with them (Which we aren't allowed to do), and making it a grind out game, or being extremely efficient, taking care of the ball, hitting 3's, and rebounding the ball.

We have to go with the latter, that's been our bread and butter all year. Our 2nd unit needs to show up again like it did last series.