PDA

View Full Version : Vikings

Avante
05-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Always dug the hell out of anything having to do with Vikings. There is just something about riding the waves, stopping here and there to raid and loot. Then there's those cool ass helmets and those cool ass dragon head ships. Loved the way they ate and drank, it was ...fuck it...as they preceded to get it all over themselves. How cool is that? Then when they got horny (horned helmets, haha!) just grab whatever wench was handy, gotta love it.

Valhalla, Thor, Odin, very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xigQZZ5XUo

ChumpDumper
05-16-2014, 06:08 PM
Vikings never had horned helmets.

The Reckoning
05-16-2014, 06:15 PM
proceeded*

Avante
05-16-2014, 06:24 PM
I'll go slow.....

Nobody cares how things really were way back when, it's what we see today that matters. That Minnesota Viking logo, the movies , the TV shows, the books. That's the Vikings we know about, the ones I;m talking about. There is little doubt they weren't nearly as big and brawny as we see (proven fact people were smaller back then) but who cares? It's the story I'm talking about here....obviously!

Katherine Robinson
05-16-2014, 06:31 PM
You and me both, Avante. Although there's a lot of misconception of the vikings, they weren't quite like the guys you saw on the old movies. Them discovering the Americas on long boats is simply amazing when you compare how difficult the treck was during the discovery age whilst on giant galleons. Their mythology is very interesting, filled with heroes born in battle and their love for fighting, women who were as imposing as their men even.

They were so physically imposing and hardy that you could only stare in awe at some of the viking descendants you will find in Iceland. One such man is thor bjornsson who is one of the strongest men in the world, seconded only to a boiler man.
http://i42.tinypic.com/kci8mr.jpg

Avante
05-16-2014, 06:40 PM
You and me both, Avante. Although there's a lot of misconception of the vikings, they weren't quite like the guys you saw on the old movies. Them discovering the Americas on long boats is simply amazing when you compare how difficult the treck was during the discovery age whilst on giant galleons. Their mythology is very interesting, filled with heroes born in battle and their love for fighting, women who were as imposing as their men even.

They were so physically imposing and hardy that you could only stare in awe at some of the viking descendants you will find in Iceland. One such man is thor bjornsson who is one of the strongest men in the world, seconded only to a boiler man.
http://i42.tinypic.com/kci8mr.jpg

I've been out in the middle of the ocean (x-navy) and I can't see no way the Vikings could have made it here in those ships. We had straps on our bunks to tie us in, it got that bad sometimes. I've seen the front of the ship totally under water, then like a rubber ducky pop back up. And I'm talking about a navy vessel far bigger/sturdy than those wooden ships.

But, it does appear somehow they did make it, which is fascinating.

That cat in the picture just needs a horned helmet and a wool vest and a broadsword and shield, perfect!

Clipper Nation
05-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Nobody cares how things really were way back when

....yet 90% of your posts are about just that :lmao

Avante
05-16-2014, 10:44 PM
....yet 90% of your posts are about just that :lmao

Well I could just follow others around caling them a faggot and acting like some deranged Scrooge, which is all you do. You ever happy or upbeat about anything little guy, you seem depressed and miserable 100% of the time.

Show me a post of yours where you aren't criticizing something. It can't be done.

russellgoat
05-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Always dug the hell out of anything having to do with Vikings. There is just something about riding the waves, stopping here and there to raid and loot. Then there's those cool ass helmets and those cool ass dragon head ships. Loved the way they ate and drank, it was ...fuck it...as they preceded to get it all over themselves. How cool is that? Then when they got horny (horned helmets, haha!) just grab whatever wench was handy, gotta love it.

Valhalla, Thor, Odin, very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xigQZZ5XUo

I bet what you like most about the vikings is that they raped little girls in their raids

The Reckoning
05-18-2014, 09:46 PM
I've been out in the middle of the ocean (x-navy) and I can't see no way the Vikings could have made it here in those ships. We had straps on our bunks to tie us in, it got that bad sometimes. I've seen the front of the ship totally under water, then like a rubber ducky pop back up. And I'm talking about a navy vessel far bigger/sturdy than those wooden ships.

But, it does appear somehow they did make it, which is fascinating.

That cat in the picture just needs a horned helmet and a wool vest and a broadsword and shield, perfect!

their ships were designed to slice through waves or ride them like a surfboard. very sleek design with a square mainsail and strong keel. it's not surprising that they could pull it off, especially since they were brawny enough to man the oars whenever there wasn't wind. they also didn't cross the atlantic in one go. they hopped from denmark/norway to iceland to greenland and then vinland.

Avante
05-19-2014, 12:49 AM
I bet what you like most about the vikings is that they raped little girls in their raids

So alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllll those servivermen who made it with bar hookers were rapists, hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey stupid you have any idea what the age of consent was over there?

Fucking retard!

Avante
05-19-2014, 12:53 AM
their ships were designed to slice through waves or ride them like a surfboard. very sleek design with a square mainsail and strong keel. it's not surprising that they could pull it off, especially since they were brawny enough to man the oars whenever there wasn't wind. they also didn't cross the atlantic in one go. they hopped from denmark/norway to iceland to greenland and then vinland.

I was on the USS Horne, a crusier. We could have fit a dozen of those ships inside the hull. I've seen a ship that size totally tossed around like a row boat. And we knew where the storms were by radar. I have a real hard time trying to imagine those ships not being sunk.

I am talking about storms nothing else.