PDA

View Full Version : Boris Diaw

DesignatedT
05-16-2014, 06:29 PM
Get ready Bobo. About to be our biggest advantage on the court in this series.

I fully expect OKC to go small and start Durant at the 4. Splitter has notoriously struggled in these situations and this could take him off the court (WIN OKC)

What they don't know though is Bobo is about to get inserted and dominate the block vs whoever they put on him. (WIN SPURS)

Malik Hairston
05-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Diaw is an X-factor in every series, tbh..he has the talent to leave his mark on any series, if he feels like it..

poop
05-16-2014, 06:33 PM
Diaw is an X-factor in every series, tbh..he has the talent to leave his mark on any series, if he feels like it..

Chinook
05-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Duncan not having to guard Ibaka in a small-ball lineup is also huge. Still worried about Tim's PnR defense, though.

DesignatedT
05-16-2014, 06:46 PM
Duncan not having to guard Ibaka in a small-ball lineup is also huge. Still worried about Tim's PnR defense, though.

Definitely. If OKC rolls out say Caron Butler in the SL how do you think Pop plays that and what do you think the right way to play that would be. Continue with Splitter?

The Reckoning
05-16-2014, 06:47 PM
if diaw and kawhi go off in a game, you don't even need the big 3

xtremesteven33
05-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Diaw and Splitter can not be outperformed by Steven Adams and Nick Collison.

Chinook
05-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Definitely. If OKC rolls out say Caron Butler in the SL how do you think Pop plays that and what do you think the right way to play that would be. Continue with Splitter?

I'd like him to, and I think he'd try it. Splitter can guard Butler or Sef. If Tiago can score on his man, that would be huge. It would take a lot for Pop to change his SL now, and Butler starting isn't it. Jackson starting may be another matter, however.

DesignatedT
05-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Yes, Jackson starting would probably force Pops hand.

ElNono
05-16-2014, 07:01 PM
If Reggie starts they literally have no bench... not sure how Reggie would take the increase in minutes, either.

Chinook
05-16-2014, 07:05 PM
If Reggie starts they literally have no bench... not sure how Reggie would take the increase in minutes, either.

It wouldn't have to be a huge increase. OKC starting with two PGs for the first three minutes would totally throw the Spurs out of their rhythm. Even if the Thunder subbed in, say, Butler at the 9:00 mark, I doubt the Spurs would insert Splitter at that point.

SpursFan86
05-16-2014, 07:07 PM

He played worse in the regular season when he had to start due to Westbrook being out. And yeah, their bench would go to shit if they start Jackson.

Y'all think Brooks might start Collison? He's actually really underrated and a great defender. But again, starting him will only hurt their already shaky bench.

DesignatedT
05-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Starting Collison would be the ideal situation for the spurs IMO. The Spurs have shown to be a better team when Tiago is able to play and match up accordingly.

ElNono
05-16-2014, 07:17 PM
It wouldn't have to be a huge increase. OKC starting with two PGs for the first three minutes would totally throw the Spurs out of their rhythm. Even if the Thunder subbed in, say, Butler at the 9:00 mark, I doubt the Spurs would insert Splitter at that point.

I don't know about that. What do they do on defense? I mean, even if they put KD on Splitter, now Kawhi posting up is a huge advantage... it's complicated :lol

bklynspursfan
05-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Wonder if Daye is activated for a series like this? I doubt it but wonder. He could have more of a place in this series than Ayres or to a lesser extent Joseph.

look_at_g_shred
05-16-2014, 07:29 PM
Adams will start. Collison is OKCs spark and energy guy off the bench

Chinook
05-16-2014, 07:30 PM
I don't know about that. What do they do on defense? I mean, even if they put KD on Splitter, now Kawhi posting up is a huge advantage... it's complicated :lol

I think OKC will at least start the series big. I don't think they'd want Perkins as their only big on the floor.

Durant on Splitter would be interesting. I think they'll put him on Green as much as possible. I think Westbrook will spend a good deal of time on Leonard regardless.

Chinook
05-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Wonder if Daye is activated for a series like this? I doubt it but wonder. He could have more of a place in this series than Ayres or to a lesser extent Joseph.

I think he may well be active. Pop probably feels another forward is more likely to be used than another center.

T Park
05-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Adams will start. Collison is OKCs spark and energy guy off the bench

Other way around

DesignatedT
05-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Good call