PDA

View Full Version : The Thunder are nothing without Ibaka

05-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Goaltending every shot in sight

Splits
05-16-2014, 07:36 PM
In the 148 minutes the OKC shot-blocking terror has been on the floor against the Spurs this season, San Antonio managed to shoot a putrid 42.3 percent from the floor with a true-shooting mark of 49.3, nearly 8 percent worse than its regular-season average. Near the rim, where Ibaka’s presence is most noticeable, the splits are even more dramatic. The Spurs shot 48 percent at the rim when he was on the floor during the teams’ four games against one another; when he was off, that number ballooned to 61.9 percent.

And get this: San Antonio managed only 93 points per 100 possessions in Ibaka’s shadow this season, compared to a staggering 120.8 offensive-efficiency rating in the 48 minutes his butt was on the bench. This news isn’t Durant- or Westbrook-level devastating for Oklahoma City, but it’s damn close. He’s been so incredibly important for that team against the Spurs this season, and his absence will greatly swing the forecast of this series.

xtremesteven33
05-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Ibaka and Harden were the 2 guys that really killed the Spurs in 2012. If Ibaka indeed does not play the entire series, Spurs should win in 5.

-21-
05-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Cool...

poop
05-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Lmao whatever...this helps but they are far from 'nothing'...

Durant can score at will, chimpbrook can still go off at any time, jackson becomes allen iverson against us, and most importantly THE REFS WILL PARADE THEM TO THE LINE IF THEY START FALLING BEHIND

hater
05-16-2014, 07:50 PM
the stupidity in these forum is reaching epic levels :lol

LOL nothing without Ibaka. They are still the 2nd best team in the West without Ibaka, and they proved it yesterday.

Malice
05-16-2014, 07:56 PM
I have a feeling everyone is being trolled by OKC right now. I can see him pulling a Willis Reed...

ShoogarBear
05-16-2014, 07:56 PM

Hopefully no one here is actually on the Spurs.

xtremesteven33
05-16-2014, 08:00 PM

LOL nothing without Ibaka. They are still the 2nd best team in the West without Ibaka, and they proved it yesterday.

Fountainhead of wisdom, who will win this series and how many games?

poeticism707
05-16-2014, 08:00 PM
Ibaka and Harden were the 2 guys that really killed the Spurs in 2012. If Ibaka indeed does not play the entire series, Spurs should win in 5.

It's sill 8 on 5.

Spurs are still outgunned.

Mikeanaro
05-16-2014, 08:02 PM

Funny because they didnt look like 2nd best against the Grizz but refs did damage control to keep Duracne and company in the series.

poop
05-16-2014, 08:06 PM
They are psyching us out, ibaka will end up playing watch lolololl

xtremesteven33
05-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Funny because they didnt look like 2nd best against the Grizz but refs did damage control to keep Duracne and company in the series.

Agred. The Thunder shouldve been eliminated in the first round. Theyve been getting away with terrible team play, so to say they are the best team would not be accurate IMO.
They probably have the best talent, but they have yet to find a great flow. Westbrook and Durant should be running way more 2 man game than they do. They are top 5 in the NBA and they cant seem to find a way to beat teams together. They are winning with individual talent and not cohesively.

hater
05-16-2014, 08:12 PM

cry about the refs all you want, that ain't gonna change this coming series vs. San Antonio.

Also Ibaka was not a major factor in the Memphis series, if you remember correctly ZBo lost his cool due to Steven Adams. I still have OKC reaching the West Finals without Ibaka. 2nd best team in the West still. Yes, better than Clippers still, they proved yesterday Steven Adams plug and play works.

05-16-2014, 08:17 PM

They didn't look like the best team when they were getting punked my Memphis and the MVP was getting locked down by a guy half his size. Then it took two epic chokes and a lil ref help to not lose in 6 to LA.

hater
05-16-2014, 08:20 PM
They didn't look like the best team when they were getting punked my Memphis and the MVP was getting locked down by a guy half his size.

and we didn't look like the best team when Dallas the 8th seed was punking us.

Then it took two epic chokes and a lil ref help to not lose in 6 to LA.

you said it, chokes. Clippers would still choke with or without Ibaka :lol

xtremesteven33
05-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Of course the Thunder can still win this series. Spurs could lay a major egg. These playoffs have been really weird. Theres no way anyone can truly know how the rest of the season will play out. The Pacers could beat the Heat. We could see a Thunder/Pacers Finals for fucks sake.

IF Ibaka is truly out it does change the landscape. Steven Adams will be a big time contributor IMO, but no way in hell he contributes not even 20% of what Ibaka does for the Thunder.

z0sa
05-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Abaka aint bout dis life imho

Mikeanaro
05-16-2014, 08:22 PM
cry about the refs all you want, that ain't gonna change this coming series vs. San Antonio.

Also Ibaka was not a major factor in the Memphis series. I still have OKC reaching the West Finals without Ibaka. 2nd best team in the West still. Yes, better than Clippers still.
Lol Fuck refs Spurs are the better team with or without them, is not about crying obviously there is a circus out there donīt you see it?
You have it bad... factor or not they had help vs Grizz and Vs Clips (36ftvs20) even when Cp3 choked they should have won that game, and yesterday 32ft vs 20ft was lame. Without Sergei Kaka I donīt think they could get past Grizz and Clips that seems too much even with ref help.
But weīll see now how is a Thunderless Kaka team.

hater
05-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Of course the Thunder can still win this series. Spurs could lay a major egg. These playoffs have been really weird. Theres no way anyone can truly know how the rest of the season will play out. The Pacers could beat the Heat. We could see a Thunder/Pacers Finals for fucks sake.

IF Ibaka is truly out it does change the landscape. Steven Adams will be a big time contributor IMO, but no way in hell he contributes not even 20% of what Ibaka does for the Thunder.

On offense I agree. But Thunder is easily the best offensive team in the league. They can find other guys to makeup Ibaka's loss.

But defensively, IMO Adams is just as capable as Ibaka. Sure he's not the shotblocking presence that Ibaka is, but he is more crafty similar to RobinLopez.gif. They wont' miss a beat in the defensive end.

xtremesteven33
05-16-2014, 08:29 PM
On offense I agree. But Thunder is easily the best offensive team in the league. They can find other guys to makeup Ibaka's loss.

But defensively, IMO Adams is just as capable as Ibaka. Sure he's not the shotblocking presence that Ibaka is, but he is more crafty similar to RobinLopez.gif. They wont' miss a beat in the defensive end.

You think Tim Duncan is going to let Steven Adams get the better of him on his trip back to the Finals?

Sean Cagney
05-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Lmao whatever...this helps but they are far from 'nothing'...

Durant can score at will, chimpbrook can still go off at any time, jackson becomes allen iverson against us, and most importantly THE REFS WILL PARADE THEM TO THE LINE IF THEY START FALLING BEHIND
^^^^^ This is the truth.
You think Tim Duncan is going to let Steven Adams get the better of him on his trip back to the Finals?

I saw him last night more than ever and the sight of this dudes face just got on my last nerve. I already have my faves for this series :lol

05-16-2014, 08:40 PM

You're overestimating Adams on defense tbh he's good, but he's still raw. He can't bring what Serge brings on the defensive end or stretch the floor like Ibaka.

The Thunder can still win the series, but this went from a toss up series, to about 67/33 in favor of the Spurs imo. OKC has been underwhelming on the defensive end. They held the Clippers under 100 once and while Memphis didn't look great offensively, whenever they needed a bucket, they got it.

sook
05-16-2014, 08:59 PM
OKC is fucked :lol

DarrinS
05-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Spurs could beat them WITH Ibaka, IMO.

look_at_g_shred
05-16-2014, 09:06 PM

Adams not going to kill us with mid range jumpers doe

TheRemix
05-16-2014, 11:32 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj89R7ANoeIID3BZJyJoRiXTcwa-gvP_ioeOSH2sZBS59-6jNs_A

DMC
05-16-2014, 11:49 PM
So who here is starting on Monday and who here is coming off the bench? I just wonder, because most of you talk like you're actually on the fucking team.

heyheymymy
05-17-2014, 01:21 AM
So who here is starting on Monday and who here is coming off the bench? I just wonder, because most of you talk like you're actually on the fucking team.

i typically agree that its cliche to say we and that it's kinda a pet peeve of mine even though i catch myself doing it often.

but i was playing devils advocate and i think if its the san antonio spurs and you live in san antonio, you can say we, semantic-wise. but i know it bothers you, 2nd time i think i've seen you call this out recently.

DMC
05-17-2014, 10:14 AM
i typically agree that its cliche to say we and that it's kinda a pet peeve of mine even though i catch myself doing it often.

but i was playing devils advocate and i think if its the san antonio spurs and you live in san antonio, you can say we, semantic-wise. but i know it bothers you, 2nd time i think i've seen you call this out recently.

It doesn't bother me to see someone say "we" when referring to their team. It's annoying to see them act like they have to do something to prepare for the game however, or congratulate each other on the win or say "thanks" when a fan of the opponent congratulates them on their team's win. I mean, what did you do where that congratulations would have anything to do with you?

will_spurs
05-17-2014, 10:33 AM
In any case Ibaka is more of a problem for the Spurs than say, Westbrook.

dg7md
05-17-2014, 10:52 AM
To say the Thunder are "nothing" without Ibaka is a misnomer. They're still a capable team, but I think the loss of Ibaka and us having home court might prove to be too much for OKC to beat.

Also :lol at the people who think Steven Adams will be the x-factor in this series. I can see him having a great game in the typical scrubs vs. Spurs matchup, but no way will he even come close to what Ibaka does, offensively or defensively.

capek
05-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Spurs could beat them WITH Ibaka, IMO.

SpursFan86
05-17-2014, 11:22 AM
It doesn't bother me to see someone say "we" when referring to their team. It's annoying to see them act like they have to do something to prepare for the game however, or congratulate each other on the win or say "thanks" when a fan of the opponent congratulates them on their team's win. I mean, what did you do where that congratulations would have anything to do with you?

Guys stop looking past OKC they can still beat us :( We have to stay focused :(

As if the Spurs fanbase's focus has any effect on the games. Guess I should stop drinking before/during games so that our players are sober and at their best.

Jimcs50
05-17-2014, 11:32 AM
wow, both these sigs on one page.

This is great.

:toast

Hoops Czar
05-17-2014, 11:35 AM

Funny because the Spurs didn't look like the best team in the league against Dallas, but I digress.

spursince#99
05-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Funny because the Spurs didn't look like the best team in the league against Dallas, bit I digress.

As if we haven't been on a roll since game 7. You're so bitter dude I actually feel sorry for you. You better get that hate out your heart before its too late.

cd021
05-17-2014, 01:22 PM
good point. He might as well be Kenyon Martin, Duncans going hard at him if matched up. Adams has a high foul rate too.

Hoops Czar
05-17-2014, 01:31 PM
As if we haven't been on a roll since game 7. You're so bitter dude I actually feel sorry for you. You better get that hate out your heart before its too late.

Hey noob, I was responding to someone else's post. Your whimsical retort has much to do about nothing and when taken in context to the original post, doesn't make a lick of sense. Try to keep up.

Mikeanaro
05-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Funny because the Spurs didn't look like the best team in the league against Dallas, but I digress.
We were talking about the Almighty Thunder, Spurs already blew it to an 8th seed in the past.

heyheymymy
05-17-2014, 04:31 PM

solid standpoint. I see that angle too. I'll do it subconsciously sometimes and catch myself later on like: wait, what did I do to be included in we?

KL2
05-17-2014, 04:57 PM
Splitter goes into pussy mode, TD settles for tough shots, Parker struggles as well with Ibaka on the floor, this is a huge loss for them, Splitter may actually play well.

That's just defensively, offensively take away his insanely efficient jumpers as well, force others to make shots. This also affects their spacing, that could really hurt WB who loves barreling into the paint like a retard

Horry Hipcheck
05-17-2014, 05:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ