PDA

View Full Version : Translation: New Manu Article 5/16/2014

ElNono
05-16-2014, 10:42 PM
A tremendous team, that has a plus with Durant
Manu Ginobili

SAN ANTONIO.- Things were getting tough, and I don’t have enough fingers in one hand to count the amount of reasons why that Game 5 victory against Portland was extremely valuable. I was tired, we avoided the time zone change that a potential Game 6 would require, we can rest, and there’s more time for Tony to heal from his injury… And there was also the birthday of my twins, and thanks to the series being over, I can be with them in their day… They’re out there, with the grandparents. They went out because it’s like 80 degrees and it was impossible to keep them inside. They’re happy with their gifts, looking at them from top to bottom.

And Portland went away. Incredibly, we won the series with certain tranquility. It wasn’t easy because we had to work very hard to get the leads, but we win 4 to 1, and the four wins were by 15 points or more. Unthinkable. We played at a really high level in four of the five games. And if you add the last game against Dallas to the first three games against Portland, we had the best consecutive games in the season, and it’s hard to play that many games without mistakes. On the next one the intensity and focus came down a bit, but we were able to get back on track on the last game. I’m extremely satisfied.

The difference wasn’t as much on what Portland did, but in the fact that we were more solid than we expected. We played a whole lot better than against Dallas. It was, I repeat, a bit unthinkable to win with such clarity, but it’s welcome. About the wear and tear, it was difficult for me, because we were coming from a Game 7 and we started another series right away, and we’re playing every game with even more intensity. In this past series we played every other day, we had to travel 4 hours, and switch timezones. Obviously, an Argentine League player will tell me they travel by bus 15 hours. And that’s fine, I’m not complaining. But the way we traveled, after the 4th game we arrived at 4 or 5 in the morning, and the 5th game felt like a back to back. Let me remark: It was great to be able to win that game 5 and not have to go back to Portland.

I don’t read articles during the playoffs, but I heard about Lamarcus Aldrige commenting about our passing game. It was definitely part of the plan, but I thought we didn’t do it that much. The objective was to play fast and move the ball a lot, because they have five players that average about 37 minutes per game, although they also are 15 years younger than me, lol… We had many more players to rotate and maintain the intensity, and be fresh to close the games. We’re happy it worked well. Pop congratulated us for the great job we did. After the 4th game, he demanded we get back to our level for the 5th game, and after seeing we did that, he was very happy. Like everyone else.

This is going to be my 7th Western Conference Finals. I obviously don’t focus on that, but I know it’s difficult to get here. There are players that never made it or made it very few times. That speaks volumes of the relevancy of this group of players and coach after so many years, 12 in my case, 13 in the case of Tony and 17 in the case of Tim. We we can’t feel satisfied, and we have to fight for more.

To do that we have to beat Oklahoma City, a tremendous team. Very intense and very athletic. They defend very well and they have a plus with Durant, that, when both teams have everything figured out, he can win a game or turn a game around all on his own. If both teams do the tactical part correctly and maintain the intensity, a guy with that kind of talent, like Lebron in Miami, Kobe back in the day, or Jordan years ago, can be the defining factor in a game. That’s what makes them different. On top of that, the Oklahoma City roster is deep, has good length, and is younger than us. They play good defense, and now they’ll do it with more intensity than they did in the first two rounds, against Memphis and Clippers.

In the fifth game against Los Angeles there was an unfortunate play for the Clippers. The ball went out of bounds off Reggie Jackson, from Oklahoma City, but before that he was fouled, which wasn’t called. It would’ve been better for the Clippers if the foul would’ve been called, and they would’ve had the last shot. It’s stuff that happen, is common that errors happen, but there’s nothing fishy going on. In this case it was widely reported because it was an important game, but it happens so many times in so many games that you normally don’t stop to think about it… It’s very hard to referee a basketball game: the game is played so fast, and things happen in a tenth of a second. It’s not easy.

As far as me, I thought I played much better in the series against Dallas, especially shooting. Against Portland I couldn’t get a shot to go in. I couldn’t knock it down in the entire series, yet, I thought I played well. Playing bad is what I did in Game 6 against Dallas. But against Portland I thought I helped, that I did what I was asked to do. Obviously, when your shots are going in you feel better and everything looks prettier. I hope to turn things around in this series. It will be more challenging, more physical, and because of that it will be more important to score more.

Oklahoma City eliminated us in the 2012 Western Conference Finals. I remember, it’s impossible to delete that from your memory. Some will take it as revenge, and some won’t, but I don’t think it will influence too much what happens in this series. You just try not to repeat mistakes, and to play better.

Similarly, Miami beat Indiana in the 2013 Eastern Conference Finals. Now, because of what’s at stake, I’m watching a bit more what’s happening in that conference. I haven’t seen much of Miami because they were playing the same days we did, but I did follow Scola. It was extremely difficult to move on for Indiana, but everything starts at 0-0 now. They have a great opportunity, even more with home court advantage, although they’re still not playing great at home. It’s a huge challenge, and anything can happen.

----

Per the usual, excuse any typos, and enjoy...

Link to original article in spanish:
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1692239-un-equipo-tremendo-que-tiene-el-plus-de-durant

DesignatedT
05-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Thanks Nono :tu

myhc
05-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the transation as always! :wakeup

32fastest
05-16-2014, 11:22 PM
Pretty cool

z0sa
05-16-2014, 11:28 PM
Gracias senor.

testies
05-16-2014, 11:48 PM
he doesn't sound too confident

DMC
05-16-2014, 11:56 PM
he doesn't sound too confident
Well he knows at some point he's going to be subbed in and so that causes him to lose a bit of confidence in the outcome.

spurs10
05-17-2014, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the translation! Always appreciated ElNono!

Skull-1
05-17-2014, 01:20 AM
Translation: I play wildly out of control making bad decisions that hurt my team... You know....so-so. But since I USED to be good and can write in Spanish/Portuguese I get a pass for my suckiness. I am laughing all the way to the bank, homers.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-17-2014, 01:22 AM
Translation: I play wildly out of control making bad decisions that hurt my team... You know....so-so. But since I USED to be good and can write in Spanish/Portuguese I get a pass for my suckiness. I am laughing all the way to the bank, homers.

:lol why? not only was your prediction horribly wrong during the regular season, it's also wrong in the playoffs.. plus you said we weren't winning a title.. you aren't right on that yet either.

Skull-1
05-17-2014, 01:24 AM
:lol why? not only was your prediction horribly wrong during the regular season, it's also wrong in the playoffs.. plus you said we weren't winning a title.. you aren't right on that yet either.

GTFO. Dude played five minutes a game. Any time he tries to go more he pulls a hamstring.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-17-2014, 01:30 AM
GTFO. Dude played five minutes a game. Any time he tries to go more he pulls a hamstring.

:lol so? that doesn't stop your prediction from being horribly wrong.

TheGoldStandard
05-17-2014, 01:31 AM
"In the Portland series, I think I did what I was asked to do"

Pop: "Manu, get in there and stall the offense, it looks like Portland could use a run"

Skull-1
05-17-2014, 01:32 AM

Pop: "Manu, get in there and stall the offense, it looks like Portland could use a run"

:lmao

Spur|n|Austin
05-17-2014, 01:47 AM
Thanks el Dude!

05-17-2014, 02:13 AM

Pop: "Manu, get in there and stall the offense, it looks like Portland could use a run":lmao

oski1000
05-17-2014, 09:38 AM
In Manu we trust!:flag::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Pocho La Pantera
05-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Translation: I play wildly out of control making bad decisions that hurt my team... You know....so-so. But since I USED to be good and can write in Spanish/Portuguese I get a pass for my suckiness. I am laughing all the way to the bank, homers.translation: if the team needs me I'll be there.

Seventyniner
05-17-2014, 10:43 AM
I'm guessing this was done before news of Ibaka's injury came out. I would have expected Manu to comment on that.

EVAY
05-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the translation, Nono.

I always enjoy what Manu has to say. He is a good interview.

Skull-1
05-17-2014, 11:17 AM
translation: if the team needs me I'll be there.

Where was he in the Finals?

Good luck with that fantasy....

Skull-1
05-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the translation, Nono.

I always enjoy what Manu has to say. He is a good interview.

Wish he was half as consistent a player (in a good way) as he is an interviewee...

jag
05-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Well he knows at some point he's going to be subbed in and so that causes him to lose a bit of confidence in the outcome.

DMC

Skull-1
05-17-2014, 11:39 AM

How did I miss this one? :lol Brilliant!

will_spurs
05-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Manu with the admission that, like everybody else, he doesn't give a shit about what happens in the East before the conference finals :lol

jARS mEsH sEt
05-17-2014, 12:05 PM
As far as me, I thought I played much better in the series against Dallas, especially shooting. Against Portland I couldn’t get a shot to go in. I couldn’t knock it down in the entire series, yet, I thought I played well. Playing bad is what I did in Game 6 against Miami.

Fixed it for him...

jARS mEsH sEt
05-17-2014, 12:06 PM

:rollin

ElNono
05-17-2014, 12:43 PM
:lol only takes Gino a few paragraphs to take team whambulance for a spin... GOAT, tbh

superjames1992
05-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Where was he in the Finals?

Good luck with that fantasy....
Tbh....

(Let's just ignore game 6) :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhaPzs7bUUA

Game 7 wasn't a bad performance, either. Tony was practically invisible with his injury in game 5, so Manu's performance was needed, tbqh. Same with game 7.

Skull-1
05-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Revisionist history. Wild passes and bad shots trying to comeback. Manu threw it.

silverblk mystix
05-17-2014, 06:53 PM
I admit I have been a huge Manu homer....

But this guy that has stolen Manu's body and taken his place sounds like a huuuuuge pussy and a loser.

I am beginning to hate this fuckin weak ass pussy who can't seem to play more than a couple of shitty games in a row before his vagina starts getting "tired" and/or he pulls a fuckin labia or clitoris muscle while committing a stupid turnover after Pop overplayed him and benched someone that was actually useful.

Fuck!

Now the Spurs are gifted an injured OKC team and this pussy is talking like a scared bitch and talking about his "twins" in 80 degree weather and how he is happy not to be ballin so he can play daddy...

while the Spurs are in the midst of a fuckin' war....

WTF happened to the wild unpredictable ballsy warrior that used to wear the Spurs #20?

SpursFan86
05-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Tony played well in Game 5 IIRC. It was games 6/7 where he disappeared. And yeah, Manu played well in Games 5/7.

superjames1992
05-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Tony played well in Game 5 IIRC. It was games 6/7 where he disappeared. And yeah, Manu played well in Games 5/7.
Yeah, you're right. I was thinking of game 3, when I believe TP was hobbled with the hamstring injury and only managed 2-5 FG in 27 minutes. The Spurs blew them out, though.

FWIW, if you aggregate Manu's Finals games, these are his statistics. They aren't as bad as you might think, tbqh.

11.6 PPG, 4.3 APG, 2.1 RPG, 3.1 TOPG, 43.3% FG, 25.0% 3PT, 78.6% FT.

Of course, there was the eight-turnover game in there and he certainly was subpar in games 2, 3, 4, and 6... :lol

heyheymymy
05-17-2014, 10:17 PM
fuckin' classic DMC.

Skull-1
05-17-2014, 10:41 PM
I admit I have been a huge Manu homer....

But this guy that has stolen Manu's body and taken his place sounds like a huuuuuge pussy and a loser.

I am beginning to hate this fuckin weak ass pussy who can't seem to play more than a couple of shitty games in a row before his vagina starts getting "tired" and/or he pulls a fuckin labia or clitoris muscle while committing a stupid turnover after Pop overplayed him and benched someone that was actually useful.

Fuck!

Now the Spurs are gifted an injured OKC team and this pussy is talking like a scared bitch and talking about his "twins" in 80 degree weather and how he is happy not to be ballin so he can play daddy...

while the Spurs are in the midst of a fuckin' war....

WTF happened to the wild unpredictable ballsy warrior that used to wear the Spurs #20?

Abducted by aliens.