PDA

View Full Version : Let's be honest with ourselves about the Ibaka injury...

lil'mo
05-17-2014, 08:33 AM
Thunder have an unfair advantage with the refs to begin with, so this really helps to level the playing field. If Spurs could play Thunder straight up with a healthy Ibaka and unbiased officiating, it would be Spurs in 6, without question.

exstatic
05-17-2014, 09:11 AM
God, I'm like SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad someone FINALLY made an Ibaka injury thread. I've been DYING to talk all about this!!

SupremeGuy
05-17-2014, 09:25 AM
God, I'm like SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad someone FINALLY made an Ibaka injury thread. I've been DYING to talk all about this!!I don't believe you. :hat

davidbowie
05-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Shut up about the refs u pansy

lil'mo
05-17-2014, 09:47 AM
:cry

lil'mo
05-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Shut up about the refs u pansy

Oh you're one of those dumb guys, huh?

z0sa
05-17-2014, 09:54 AM
The referees didn't get injured. If they want to call the game favorably for the Thunder because of some bias or directive or both, they will. There's no escape from having zebras on the court.

lil'mo
05-17-2014, 10:00 AM
I think they'd be more inclined to call an even series now that the Thunder would be much less competitive vs the Heat without Ibaka. NBA still could have had Durant vs Lebron last year, but without Westbrook it would have been a beatdown, so all of a sudden the refs start calling thunder games squarely and they fall in the 2nd round last year. What a surprise :lol

Jimcs50
05-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Why do you think the NBA favors a OKC-Miami Finals over a SA-Miami matchup? I think the storyline of the Spurs bucking the odds, brushing off heartbreak as an older team whose window is closing, after blowing a sure championship and making one last charge to get TD's 5th ring is a much more tantalizing Finals on a national scale.

People love the underdog who defies all logic and wins the championship. The Spurs winning one year after blowing that game 6 and series would be on par with Hoosiers, Rudy, The Miracle on Ice and the Villanova NCAA championship. It would be stranger than fiction because of the fact that nobody in the world thought that was even possible, given the age of our stars, and the way last season ended.

spurs10
05-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Why do you think the NBA favors a OKC-Miami Finals over a SA-Miami matchup? I think the storyline of the Spurs bucking the odds, brushing off heartbreak as an older team whose window is closing, after blowing a sure championship and making one last charge to get TD's 5th ring is a much more tantalizing Finals on a national scale.

People love the underdog who defies all logic and wins the championship. The Spurs winning one year after blowing that game 6 and series would be on par with Hoosiers, Rudy, The Miracle on Ice and the Villanova NCAA championship. It would be stranger than fiction because of the fact that nobody in the world thought that was even possible, given the age of our stasr, and the way last season ended. This is so true. It's one helluva story. :flag:

mookie2001
05-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Let's be honest, Spice1 may not be relevant anymore

urunobili
05-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Nobody is giving Amused enough credit tbh

rastaspur
05-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Let's be honest, Spice1 may not be relevant anymore

Haha. Spice 1 reference. ameriKKKas most wanted y'all

Hoops Czar
05-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Let's be honest, 4 threads on the front page dedicated to Ibaka. I'd say the fear level for this guy is pretty high.

Jimcs50
05-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Let's be honest, 4 threads on the front page dedicated to Ibaka. I'd say the fear level for this guy is pretty high.

Game 4 2012 WCFs 11-11

Nuff said

lil'mo
05-17-2014, 12:31 PM

People love the underdog who defies all logic and wins the championship. The Spurs winning one year after blowing that game 6 and series would be on par with Hoosiers, Rudy, The Miracle on Ice and the Villanova NCAA championship. It would be stranger than fiction because of the fact that nobody in the world thought that was even possible, given the age of our stars, and the way last season ended.
I'm not saying the refs would have definitely screwed the Spurs again this year against OKC like they did in 2012...but the refs sure helped OKC get this far, didn't they?

Hoops Czar
05-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Game 4 2012 WCFs 11-11

Nuff said

That's one game. It's not his offense, but his defense that hurts the Spurs. The Thunder won't skip a beat offensively.

Ignignokt
05-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Gee, I wonder who was behind this....

http://elderthe1st.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/cjlhm1.jpg

lil'mo
05-17-2014, 12:58 PM
lol wtf

What is Ibaka's actual diagnosis, anyways? "Calf injury"? Sounds stupid

ElNono
05-17-2014, 01:00 PM
lol wtf

Grade 2 calf sprain

dbreiden83080
05-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Oh you're one of those dumb guys, huh?

If you think the series is rigged why bother watching it?

jARS mEsH sEt
05-17-2014, 01:04 PM

Didn't you listen to the last round, meat head?
Pay attention, you're saying the same shit that he said!
Matter fact, dog here's a pencil
Go home, write some shit, make it suspenseful,
And don't come back until something dope hits you
Fuck it! You can take the mic home with you!

DMC
05-17-2014, 01:08 PM
The referees didn't get injured. If they want to call the game favorably for the Thunder because of some bias or directive or both, they will. There's no escape from having zebras on the court.

The Lakers found a way.

BatManu20
05-17-2014, 01:11 PM
lol wtf

Grade 2 calf strain, an injury that usually requires 4-6 weeks and to heal and in some cases as long as 10 weeks.

lil'mo
05-17-2014, 01:14 PM

To see if the spurs can overcome. Also, league could have just been manipulating toget the preferred conference finals and now they'll let it alone to play out naturally. Seriously, don't be so blind to what's played out before you very eyes for years. It happed in 2002 quite clearly, so you idiots think it hasn't continues since then? :lmao oooooooooooook :rolleyes

lil'mo
05-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Grade 2 calf sprain

Where you get this info?

McGusto55
05-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Spice 1..was bad ass...welcome to the geto

Amuseddaysleeper
05-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Nobody is giving Amused enough credit tbh

I get no respect

ElNono
05-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Where you get this info?

On Friday, general manager Sam Presti announced that the 24-year-old Ibaka will miss the remainder of the playoffs. Game 1 of the Western Conference finals against the San Antonio Spurs is Monday in San Antonio.

Presti described the injury as a “a grade-2 strain in an area of the calf called the plantaris.”

“As we all know, the calf is a really important mechanical function for any athlete,” Presti said during a teleconference with reporters. “The recovery process is lengthy because the re-injury rate is so extraordinarily high. Healing is one aspect. Strengthening is an entirely different one.

“I think it’s important to stress that the severity of the injury is not long-term concerning, but the timing of when it occurred — given where we are in the season, and how deep we’ve played — is the unfortunate part of this.”

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportshomepage1/serge-ibaka-to-miss-remainder-of-the-nba-playoffs/article_eb0182e6-cbcb-5ba5-86bc-61194432e722.html

lil'mo
05-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Fantastic

Spurminator
05-17-2014, 01:47 PM
God, I'm like SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad someone FINALLY made an Ibaka injury thread. I've been DYING to talk all about this!!

It's a combo Ibaka and Refs thread! It's the best of what no one has been talking about!

Jimcs50
05-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Strain not sprain

The Strain in Ibaka falls mainly on the calf

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Strain not sprain

SSSSSSSSSerge Ibaka is out with a calf strain.
It will be Spurs and Heat,
Once we complete the sweep
And bring an end to the King's reign!!!!!!

Really Jim? My Fair Lady? Do they not teach Broadway musical geography at dental school anymore?

Jimcs50
05-17-2014, 02:07 PM
SSSSSSSSSerge Ibaka is out with a calf strain.
It will be Spurs and Heat,
Once we complete the sweep
And bring an end to the King's reign!!!!!!

Really Jim? My Fair Lady? Do they not teach Broadway musical geography at dental school anymore?

No, sadly

fiscal cuts

:depressed

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-17-2014, 02:12 PM
No, sadly

fiscal cuts

:depressed

The the terrorists have already won.

Russ
05-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Strain not sprain

By George, I think she's got it!

poeticism707
05-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Didn't you listen to the last round, meat head?
Pay attention, you're saying the same shit that he said!
Matter fact, dog here's a pencil
Go home, write some shit, make it suspenseful,
And don't come back until something dope hits you
Fuck it! You can take the mic home with you!

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Epic.

rascal
05-17-2014, 09:56 PM

No, the country does not want to watch the spurs.

Jimcs50
05-17-2014, 10:05 PM

I polled the country and they do want to watch SA

littlecoyotecoin
05-17-2014, 10:09 PM
This is our sad hope that our story somehow benefits the NBA. We can hope to win a championship because its fits nicely into a narrative that the NBA can sell. Would be nice if the best teams could play, narrative be damned and the NBA stay out of it. Fox watching the chicken coop. What happens to good teams without a narrative to sell?

heyheymymy
05-17-2014, 10:27 PM
I polled the country and they do want to watch SA

it's true.

The Reckoning
05-17-2014, 10:39 PM

pretty much everyone who watches NBA on the reg is pulling for the spurs this year....(not bandwagoners...foty fans)

Sean Cagney
05-17-2014, 11:31 PM

Man I hope that happens, that would be sweet.

Especially LA fans who love to hate on the Spurs, right? Bandwaggon fans or fairweather fans might not, but real bball fans love to watch them and respect them.