PDA

View Full Version : Ibaka out for playoffs

cantthinkofanything
05-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Does this help or hurt the Spurs chances of advancing?

mrsmaalox
05-17-2014, 09:24 AM
I don't think it will make too much difference.

CubanSucks
05-17-2014, 03:17 PM
Is this a serious question? Having their 3rd best player gone? I think it should make plenty of a difference

silverblk mystix
05-17-2014, 03:22 PM

The depressed homeschooled inbred loser housewife knows basketball....

or not!

:lmao:lmao:lmao

spurraider21
Ibaka was one of the biggest issues for the spurs... He's lethal at protecting the rim, which really hampers Parker and relegates Manu to a spot up shooter, which he's pretty terrible at these days. Offensively, he pulls spurs bigs out of the paint and is a great offensive rebounder who causes problems. He was also a good pick and roll finished if we chose to crowd Durant/Westbrook.

IrisHockey

:lol are you serious?

sook
05-17-2014, 03:23 PM
why post this so far downstairs?

cantthinkofanything
05-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Is this a serious question? Having their 3rd best player gone? I think it should make plenty of a difference

I think he's more important than Westbrook or at least equal depending on the matchup.

mrsmaalox
05-17-2014, 04:29 PM
The depressed homeschooled inbred loser housewife knows basketball....

or not!

:lmao:lmao:lmao

The fat, washed up talentless failed musician turned asshole inspector/delouser half of the Ambiguously Gay Duo thinks he knows anything about anyone else's life here...........

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

mrsmaalox
05-17-2014, 04:37 PM
So you guys don't think anyone else on the team can step up and have a once in a career level game? I don't think they can beat us this round but I don't see Ibaka's injury as a huge advantage as so many seem to. On their home court, in play offs, with the crowd and refs, I just don't think his injury will make that big of a difference. The best thing is that he won't be around to guard Parker, but ultimately it's still up to Parker to bring it.

silverblk mystix
05-17-2014, 04:41 PM
So you guys don't think anyone else on the team can step up and have a once in a career level game? I don't think they can beat us this round but I don't see Ibaka's injury as a huge advantage as so many seem to. On their home court, in play offs, with the crowd and refs, I just don't think his injury will make that big of a difference. The best thing is that he won't be around to guard Parker, but ultimately it's still up to Parker to bring it.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Someone is off her loser @ life meds!

TE
05-17-2014, 04:47 PM
rofl talking basketball down here

mrsmaalox
05-17-2014, 04:48 PM

Someone is off her loser @ life meds!

Someone needs to crawl back under their rock with the rest of the cockroaches.

edit: :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

CubanSucks
05-17-2014, 04:49 PM

So you would apply that logic to Durant or Westbrook? How about Leonard or Splitter for us?

Dirk Oneanddoneski
05-17-2014, 04:52 PM

Are you one of dem tomahawk chuckers with a Spanish name?

mrsmaalox
05-17-2014, 04:54 PM
So you would apply that logic to Durant or Westbrook? How about Leonard or Splitter for us?

Spurs have won games without Leonard or Splitter, so I guess. And OKC won games without Westbrook this season too. I just think that an injury to any one player doesn't necessarily guarantee anything.

mrsmaalox
05-17-2014, 04:56 PM
Are you one of dem tomahawk chuckers with a Spanish name?

What's a tomahawk chucker? I don't have a Spanish name.

CubanSucks
05-17-2014, 04:57 PM
Spurs have won games without Leonard or Splitter, so I guess. And OKC won games without Westbrook this season too. I just think that an injury to any one player doesn't necessarily guarantee anything.

of course there's no guarantee but you're crazy if you don't think it helps

mrsmaalox
05-17-2014, 05:00 PM
of course there's no guarantee but you're crazy if you don't think it helps

I didn't say it doesn't help. And I did say that it helps not to have him on Parker----but the series won't be won or lost because of his injury.

CubanSucks
05-17-2014, 05:15 PM
I didn't say it doesn't help. And I did say that it helps not to have him on Parker----but the series won't be won or lost because of his injury.

Are you fucking with me? Ok, you said "I don't think it'll make too much a difference" which is basically saying it doesn't matter.

baseline bum
05-17-2014, 05:19 PM

Ibaka was the chief reason the Spurs couldn't run a respectable offense against the Thunder this year. Dude does a great job stopping Parker at the rim and he's quick enough to make great recoveries to three point shooters. Ibaka is an enormous loss for them even if Adams plays well.

mrsmaalox
05-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Are you fucking with me? Ok, you said "I don't think it'll make too much a difference" which is basically saying it doesn't matter.

Yup that's what I said "it won't make too much of a difference". You are carrying on as if I said it won't make any difference at all.

baseline bum
05-17-2014, 05:21 PM

Gotta disagree. The Spurs were pretty solid underdogs in this series before after the season sweep, but now they have to be pretty strong favorites.

mrsmaalox
05-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Ibaka was the chief reason the Spurs couldn't run a respectable offense against the Thunder this year. Dude does a great job stopping Parker at the rim and he's quick enough to make great recoveries to three point shooters. Ibaka is an enormous loss for them even if Adams plays well.

I understand that, but it won't matter if Tony disappears, as has happened before. I'd just rather count on our Spurs being the advantage than a guy's injury. I think our Spurs will win it :)

Strange Love
05-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Not sure why there is a thread about basketball here but hell yes it makes a huge difference.

I think Thunder is thinking Adam Silver is going to replace what Mandingo brings to the game. They're about to get a reality check in that respect.

Ibaka is annoyingly efficient against the Spurs so not having to worry about him its going to be a relief.

IrisHockey
05-17-2014, 05:45 PM
:lol you look cute when you try to talk about a man's game.

Franklin
05-17-2014, 05:47 PM
I think OKC going small with Durant at 4 would cause us even more troubles. It's definitely good news for us that OKC lost one of their best players, they can always go small w/ or without Ibaka and a small squad with Ibaka at C would be way more lethal than one with Porkins playing at 5 tbh.

baseline bum
05-17-2014, 06:40 PM
I understand that, but it won't matter if Tony disappears, as has happened before. I'd just rather count on our Spurs being the advantage than a guy's injury. I think our Spurs will win it :)

Tony disappearing isn't independent of Ibaka being there though. While Adams is a quality shotblocker, he's definitely not as agile as Ibaka, and Parker has a lot better chance of success. And then of course his midrange jumper has murdered the Spurs for years. Adams doesn't have that shot.

mrsmaalox
05-17-2014, 07:02 PM
:lol you look cute when you try to talk about a man's game.

If you think that's cute, wait till I start talking about cars. Or money :lol

Seriously I think its cool you guys understand and can dissect the game and stats like that. My knowledge is much more, let's say "general" lol. I just think the chore of playing well and winning rests firmly on the Spurs shoulders and they should play to the other team's potential talents and not their injuries. I have a feeling the Spurs feel the same way. Even if you guys don't ;)

CubanSucks
05-17-2014, 07:59 PM
Ain't no thing. Still think you're potentially sexy based on that fuzzy avatar

Strange Love
05-17-2014, 08:03 PM
you're potentially sexy based on that fuzzy avatar

Shh that's for the grown ups. Kids table is ----->way.

RD2191
05-17-2014, 10:07 PM
I think Ibaka is overrated as a defender. Dude gets away with a shitload of goaltends and is allowed to play a very physical style of defense. Besides, is there any tradional big man in the NBA these days? Guys like Shaq and Tim in their primes would destroy Ibaka. He's a pretty good shot blocker but thats about it.

The Reckoning
05-17-2014, 10:15 PM
I think Ibaka is overrated as a defender. Dude gets away with a shitload of goaltends and is allowed to play a very physical style of defense. Besides, is there any tradional big man in the NBA these days? Guys like Shaq and Tim in their primes would destroy Ibaka. He's a pretty good shot blocker but thats about it.

the game has changed. it's more small ball oriented now. true bigs would probably do very well, but i doubt they could play 40 minutes.

Clipper Nation
05-17-2014, 11:14 PM
I think Ibaka is overrated as a defender. Dude gets away with a shitload of goaltends and is allowed to play a very physical style of defense.

A "very physical style of defense" is underselling it, he is allowed to blatantly cheapshot and injure opposing players, but because he plays for MethKC, the league turns a blind eye and the refs don't even call the foul half the time....

I could seriously see Adams and/or Collison having fluky series to replace his production, though, it would fit in perfectly with how annoying that team is....

Leetonidas
05-18-2014, 02:09 AM
A "very physical style of defense" is underselling it, he is allowed to blatantly cheapshot and injure opposing players, but because he plays for MethKC, the league turns a blind eye and the refs don't even call the foul half the time....

I could seriously see Adams and/or Collison having fluky series to replace his production, though, it would fit in perfectly with how annoying that team is....
No shit, dude straight up punched Blake in the dick and received no penalty for it while Randolph got suspended for that "punch" :lmao

Strange Love
05-19-2014, 10:47 PM
If tonight's game doesn't sway minds that Ibaka is a huge lost for the Thunder, then you have to re-evaluate your way of thinking. :lol

mrsmaalox
05-20-2014, 11:25 AM
If tonight's game doesn't sway minds that Ibaka is a huge lost for the Thunder, then you have to re-evaluate your way of thinking. :lol

Surprised the fuck out of me how rattled the Thunder were without him. Mental weakness.

baseline bum
05-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Surprised the fuck out of me how rattled the Thunder were without him. Mental weakness.

I don't think it's that. He is their defense. He averaged 4 blocks a game against the Spurs this year, shut down the lanes to the basket, and killed the passing lanes too. He is second only to Durant as to why OKC is such a nightmare matchup for the Spurs.

cantthinkofanything
05-20-2014, 11:41 AM

I don't think it's that. He is their defense. He averaged 4 blocks a game against the Spurs this year, shut down the lanes to the basket, and killed the passing lanes too. He is second only to Durant as to why OKC is such a nightmare matchup for the Spurs.

Hard to not assume some mental weakness but hard to blame them for it. I can't remember the exact # but I think the announcer said there were only a few games that Ibaka missed. Pretty tough to lose a significant piece like that and gameplan for the Spurs. With the Spurs, they're pretty used to playing without one or two of their key players.

xmas1997
05-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Of course it will help.
I just think he will make an appearance so I'll believe it when I see it.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-21-2014, 05:23 PM
The fat, washed up talentless failed musician turned asshole inspector/delouser half of the Ambiguously Gay Duo thinks he knows anything about anyone else's life here...........

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

:rollin

/thread

Franklin
05-21-2014, 06:28 PM
If westchuck suffers a similar injury dude would be back before game 3 tbh.

silverblk mystix
05-21-2014, 06:30 PM

Translation: "I stupidly opened my inbred homeschooled fat depressed cum receptacle and revealed how stupid I was and how little I know about basketball!"

silverblk mystix
05-22-2014, 12:02 PM

xmas1997
05-22-2014, 02:04 PM
Translation: "I stupidly opened my inbred homeschooled fat depressed cum receptacle and revealed how stupid I was and how little I know about basketball!"

One only has to realize the "source" the words come from (MrsM) in order to see the lack of credibility and intellect involved, definitely a bias and prejudice involved here tbh.
:nope

Strange Love
05-22-2014, 06:14 PM
One only has to realize the "source" the words come from (MrsM) in order to see the lack of credibility and intellect involved, definitely a bias and prejudice involved here tbh.
:nope

What happened to you two? Did you asked for tit pics and Maalox refused you or something? I dont get the sexist vibe from you and mall cop. :rolleyes

xmas1997
05-22-2014, 11:10 PM
What happened to you two? Did you asked for tit pics and Maalox refused you or something? I dont get the sexist vibe from you and mall cop. :rolleyes

As far as I am concerned it has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with a lack of intellect, and especially one who refuses to educate themselves because they love their ignorance.

mrsmaalox
05-22-2014, 11:41 PM
:lol

gameFACE
05-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Not a bad thread downstairs. I never noticed it. I think it's safe to say after Game 2 that the Spurs are winning not just because of the Ibaka injury. They're on a fucking mission. The Thunder definitely got rattled mentally and if the Spurs get Game 3 they're going to snap. But Durant and Westbrook are still capable of shooting themselves into a win. Especially if the Spurs take a night off like in Portland.

Maalox, you should post more upstairs.

xmas1997
05-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Looks like Ibaka is going to come back after all. I knew it.

Strange Love
05-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Looks like Ibaka is going to come back after all. I knew it.

Just like the rest of the Spurs did.

I think Thunder expect him to cure all their problems now. I dont think it will happen.

This guy is not fully healed yet so it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up making the injury worse.

And like they said for game two that they would be more physical with the Spurs players I would expect for the Spurs to go right at Ibaka. If he busts the calf even worse this time then its on you for being an idiot and try to prove a point in coming back half assed.

xmas1997
05-24-2014, 10:52 AM
Just like the rest of the Spurs did.

I think Thunder expect him to cure all their problems now. I dont think it will happen.

This guy is not fully healed yet so it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up making the injury worse.

And like they said for game two that they would be more physical with the Spurs players I would expect for the Spurs to go right at Ibaka. If he busts the calf even worse this time then its on you for being an idiot and try to prove a point in coming back half assed.

It all depends on how truly healthy he really is at this point.
Emotionally, it will give them a lift either way.
But physically? It remains to be seen. I have my doubts about his effectiveness tbh.

Franklin
05-24-2014, 04:57 PM
That injury never sounds so serious to begin with. Beverley played 40+ minutes a game with some similar injury, I think Ibaka (as tough as he looks) should be able to do the same.