PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Love Drama----Wants out

sook
05-17-2014, 11:43 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

Kevin Love will essentially be in the final year of his contract with the Timberwolves next season, because he has a player option for the year after that which he’s widely expected to decline in order to become an unrestricted free agent.

That’s if he makes it through next season in Minnesota.

There have been persistent rumblings that Love will pursue a larger market situation that may offer a better chance of winning when the time comes, but the word out of the Timberwolves is that they’re going to do everything they can to convince their franchise player to re-up with a max contract to stay in town.

The latest report has Love’s “people” reminding the Timberwolves that Love may in fact bolt after next season is finished.

From Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News:

Kevin Love’s people reiterated to the Timberwolves this past week that they had better trade him or else he’ll leave via free agency when his contract is up after next season. With Love looking to exit, there’s your No. 1 reason the T-wolves have not been able to find a head coach to take over for Rick Adelman. Love wants to play for the Lakers but he’s also open to coming to the Knicks.

There aren’t many reasons keeping Love in Minnesota, especially if the team fails to retool its roster and make the playoffs next year. As for the coaching search, it’s still far too early in the process to believe that Love’s potential future status would actually be deterring candidates from being interested, and it’s unclear if the search to replace Adelman has even begun in earnest.

This particular report may or may not have any weight to it, but it is restating what we’ve known for quite some time.

Love may very well pursue other options after next season. If in fact he decides that leaving Minnesota is in his best interest well ahead of the trade deadline, then Minnesota would be wise to try to deal him. But superstar free agents aren’t exactly lining up to play there, which leads you to believe that the Timberwolves will work extremely hard until the last possible moment to try to convince Love to stay.

spurraider21
05-17-2014, 11:45 PM
can we merge this with the thread about Kupcake trading his lottery pick?

DD
05-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Everybody and their mother knew he was gonna be a Laker. Welcome home, Kev.

whitemamba
05-17-2014, 11:54 PM
That would be nice tbh..

Splits
05-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Fredo's like...

http://i.imgur.com/1gJ5VQZ.gif

whitemamba
05-17-2014, 11:57 PM
Fredo's like...

:lmao god damn

rogues
05-18-2014, 12:01 AM
Fredo's like...

:lol that's in all likelihood your favorite GIF

Flawless
05-18-2014, 12:48 AM
Fredo's like...

:lmao

-21-
05-18-2014, 04:34 AM
Everyone knew a long time ago that Love is gonna leave Minnesota at some point. The question is when and where will he go.

-21-
05-18-2014, 04:35 AM
Oh and :lmao at that gif.

Jodelo
05-18-2014, 05:47 AM
Fredo's like...

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 07:14 AM
Woj just confirmed this too. If LA gets a Top 4 pick, I hope they keep it and wait for Love as a FA next season.

I'd rather go after Monroe first plus (Exum, Embiid, Wiggins, Parker) in the draft.

05-18-2014, 07:17 AM
Woj just confirmed this too. If LA gets a Top 4 pick, I hope they keep it and wait for Love as a FA next season.

I'd rather go after Monroe first plus (Exum, Embiid, Wiggins, Parker) in the draft.
Or he'll go to the knicks

Splits
05-18-2014, 08:03 AM

Do it PJ! Melo to Knicks-West

The Batman
05-18-2014, 08:09 AM
Beyond the coaching search, the Wolves are under pressure to start considering trade scenarios for Love, who's anxious to exeam is likely to trade for Love without an assurance that he'll commit to a five-year, $100 million maximum contract extension

. Despite a belief that Love prefers Los Angeles or New York as a potential destination, he's open to deals in other markets where he can be part of an immediate contender, sources said Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix Suns are among many teams determined to make hard runs at trades for Love, league sources said. Boston and Los Angeles plan to make high-lottery picks in the 2014 NBA Draft available in offers for Love, sources said.

Exercise his Early Termination Option (ETO) in the summer of 2015 and leave as a free agent, league sources said.

"For the first time, [Saunders] sounds like looking at deals for [Love] is an option," one rival executive told Yahoo Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--sam-mitchell-emerges-as-minnesota-candidate-with-kevin-love-s-future-undecided-074004019-nba.html

Iol Fredo

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 08:36 AM

Knicks IMO are in a worst position than the Lakers, especially if they sign Melo to a max contract. If winning is Love's priority then neither team is appealing. I think Boston is probably better than both. Brad Stevens is legit, and they have tons of future draft picks, Rondo, plus cap space that can build a contender in the Eastern Conference in a short amount of time.

Bynumite
05-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Why would he leave Rubio to play with another pass first point guard that can't shoot in Rondo?

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Because Rubio hasn't shot better than 38% in his career.

Bynumite
05-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Because Rubio hasn't shot better than 39% in his career.

Rondo averaged 12 PPG on 40% shooting this season.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Rondo averaged 12 PPG on 40% shooting this season.

This is a lost season for the Celtics though, they were going tank mode and i don't think it's best to judge him this year especially coming from injury where he missed 50 games. There are multiple reasons why Boston is in a
much better situation than Minny.

If Love wants to really contend, he obviously need to take a paycut otherwise he must certainly need to start somewhere else and watch the rebuilding process take place. It would be. Ice to pick up Love this offseason just not with the expense of a Top 4 pick. Lakers could always throw an offer in 2015 or at the deadline.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Dp

Clipper Nation
05-18-2014, 10:55 AM
Minnesota should tell him to STFU with his demands until he makes the playoffs for once instead of just padding stats....

The Batman
05-18-2014, 11:05 AM

The Batman
05-18-2014, 11:07 AM

Kevin Love has made it clear to the Timberwolves that he intends to become an unrestricted free agent after next season and has no interest in a contract extension this summer to stay in Minnesota, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Although sources say Love has stopped short of demanding a trade, his position could effectively force the Timberwolves to deal the All-Star forward before next season -- or before the trade deadline in February 2015 at the latest -- if they hope to dodge the risk of losing him without compensation.

Kevin Love has told the Timberwolves that he is not interested in a long-term deal to stay in Minnesota, according to sources.
Sources told ESPN.com that the Golden State Warriors and Chicago Bulls are among the potential trade destinations that intrigue Love.

The Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks have likewise been mentioned all season as big-market landing spots that would tempt Love, but going to the best situation for immediate contention is said to be the power forward's priority.

Sources say that the Phoenix Suns, armed with several draft assets to offer Minnesota, also have strong interest in trading for Love, but the 25-year-old's interest in joining the Suns is unclear.

Any team that trades for Love before he hits the open market in 2015 would naturally need assurances that they can keep him before surrendering quality assets.

The Timberwolves, at the behest of owner Glen Taylor, have rebuffed all trade interest in Love for months, clinging to hope that they can still sell him on committing for the long term and relying at least partly on the belief that he would be unwilling to walk away from the extra year -- worth roughly $30 million -- in his next deal that he can only get from Minnesota if he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

But sources say Love has stressed to the Timberwolves that he's desperate to get to a winning situation and that the constant losing has worn on him. Minnesota has yet to reach the playoffs in Love's six pro seasons and endured a particularly disappointing 2013-14 season, missing out on a top-eight spot in the West thanks in part to a number of close-game defeats.

Sources say that the Warriors, in particular, have emerged as a top contender for Love should Minnesota relent and decide to trade him. The Warriors don't have a stash of draft picks to offer the Wolves like Phoenix or the Boston Celtics could offer, but Golden State could assemble a trade package featuring the likes of forwards Harrison Barnes and David Lee.

ESPN.com reported in March that rumblings about the Lakers using their forthcoming high lottery pick to try to tempt the Wolves into trading Love were already in circulation.

The lottery to determine the order for the June 26 draft is Tuesday.

ESPN.com also reported in March that Taylor has remained determined to keep resisting all trade offers for his franchise player until, as one source put it, he "has no choice."

Teams around the league are increasingly expected to test that resolve once the lottery order is established.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10949807/kevin-love-tells-minnesota-timberwolves-sign-extension-likes-chicago-bulls-golden-state-warriors

Killakobe81
05-18-2014, 11:08 AM
Says he prefers Bulls, warriors great player but needs good defenders to make up for his weakness on that end wish the Bruin well wherever he lands.

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2014, 11:15 AM
as long as he understands the pay cut game in LA I'm cool with him.

The Batman
05-18-2014, 11:20 AM

Nope. You will be trading your lottery pick for an empty stats sheet loser who will be getting paid the max. Enjoy your shit sandwich.

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Nope. You will be trading your lottery pick for an empty stats sheet loser who will be getting paid the max. Enjoy your shit sandwich.

Melo and Love to LA :toast along with Ariza and Kobe.....that will be a competitive team tbh I think K Love is a better version of Bosh. while a Kobe and Melo backcourt would be awesome

The Batman
05-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Melo and Love to LA :toast along with Ariza and Kobe.....that will be a competitive team tbh I think K Love is a better version of Bosh. while a Kobe and Melo backcourt would be awesome

Kobe's contract would kill that before it even happened.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 11:41 AM

Is he really. Stat sheet loser though? Serious question. If you replace Love with Aldridge or Blake Griffin in Minnesota, do you see a huge swing in their win-loss column?

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 11:42 AM

Is he really just a stat sheet loser though? Serious question. If you replace Love with Aldridge or Blake Griffin in Minnesota, do you see a huge swing in their win-loss column?

The Batman
05-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Is he really just a stat sheet loser though? Serious question. If you replace Love with Aldridge or Blake Griffin in Minnesota, do you see a huge swing in their win-loss column?

Yes. Because I'm sure neither of those other guys blantantly fight their own teammates for rebpunds. Also, Love is only like a 40% shooter who doesn't like to post up.

-21-
05-18-2014, 11:46 AM
You know that's a pipedream right? :hat

Chinook
05-18-2014, 12:08 PM
The Lakers could trade for Love and still have enough room to sign a max player if they play their cards right. Perhaps signing Monroe and Ariza may be the best they can do. Honestly, though, unless they can find some defenders, a Love/Kobe/Monroe combo has no chance.

AchillesHeel
05-18-2014, 12:11 PM
Minny is a shithole and I don't blame Kevin for leaving them.

I wonder if Love would ever think about joining the Spurs. Pop IMO would stay and mentor him, Love & Enrique would be a very potent duo on the offensive end(that P&R) and we have Splitter to anchor the defense and Kawhi will be an all-star soon.

But obviously, no one wants to come to SA, he'll join the shitty Lakers and him & Kirby will chuck 20+ shots a game each as the Lakers struggle to win 45-50 games to barely make the POs.

Clipper Nation
05-18-2014, 12:13 PM
There's a paycut game in LA? Nobody told Kirby that :lol

-21-
05-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Minny is a shithole and I don't blame Kevin for leaving them.

I wonder if Love would ever think about joining the Spurs. Pop IMO would stay and mentor him, Love & Enrique would be a very potent duo on the offensive end(that P&R) and we have Splitter to anchor the defense and Kawhi will be an all-star soon.

But obviously, no one wants to come to SA, he'll join the shitty Lakers and him & Kirby will chuck 20+ shots a game each as the Lakers struggle to win 45-50 games to barely make the POs.
I wouldn't want him with the Spurs. I honestly don't think Love is the kind of player that can lead a team to a championship.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Yes. Because I'm sure neither of those other guys blantantly fight their own teammates for rebpunds. Also, Love is only like a 40% shooter who doesn't like to post up.

Statistically, Love is a better shooter than Aldridge :lol. And Griffin is one of the most flawed athlete in the game today, luckily he has a genetic of a mutant that allows him to hang higher than most.

spurraider21
05-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Blake > Love

StrengthAndHonor
05-18-2014, 12:43 PM
I've seen more games of Blake than anyone in this forum but there's no way he's better than Love unless your criteria are ohhh's and ahhh's. Griffin has made strides this season particularly his mid range shot but Love is just much more polished and complete offensively, not to mention a better rebounder. You can also count on Love to hit his FT's, something Griffin still struggles with shooting a paltry 64% at the line (71% this yr)

StrengthAndHonor
05-18-2014, 12:48 PM
:lol

The Batman
05-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Saying Love is better than Blake is ridiculous. Teams have to gameplan against Blake. Who is gameplanning against Love? Dude would literally not contest a shot so he could get the rebound

spurraider21
05-18-2014, 12:57 PM
I've seen more games of Blake than anyone in this forum but there's no way he's better than Love unless your criteria are ohhh's and ahhh's. Griffin has made strides this season particularly his mid range shot but Love is just much more polished and complete offensively, not to mention a better rebounder. You can also count on Love to hit his FT's, something Griffin still struggles with shooting a paltry 64% at the line (71% this yr)
I watched as many if not more clipper than spurs games this year, and I will stand by Griffin > Love. Too many times I saw Blake score time and time again in the 4th in close games to think otherwise. I don't think love has improved much at all the past couple of seasons

Mugen
05-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I'd take Griffin over Love.

StrengthAndHonor
05-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Griffin couldn't even stay in the game due to his habits of unnecessary fouling, he was severely ineffective in some closing games for the Clippers in the playoffs. He had one great game against OKC but the rest has been anemic, shooting under 45% in 4 games. He had one great rebounding game then surrounded by 6, 8 and 9 efforts.

People are infatuated with Griffins highlights but he has a long way to go if he wants to be considered a top tier offensive big man. His flaws are marginalized since the Clippers are a winning team, but under a great playoff team, his lack of fundamentals showed evident by his less than stellar series against OKC.

Griffin is still young and he has shown improvements and he will get better but he's just not better than Love who can be relied to hit all his shots with a better rate.

The Batman
05-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Griffin couldn't even stay in the game due to his habits of unnecessary fouling, he was severely ineffective in some closing games for the Clippers in the playoffs. He had one great game against OKC but the rest has been anemic, shooting under 45% in 4 games. He had one great rebounding game then surrounded by 6, 8 and 9 efforts.

People are infatuated with Griffins highlights but he has a long way to go if he wants to be considered a top tier offensive big man. His flaws are marginalized since the Clippers are a winning team, but under a great playoff team, his lack of fundamentals showed evident by his less than stellar series against OKC.

Griffin is still young and he has shown improvements and he will get better but he's just not better than Love who can be relied to hit all his shots with a better rate.

:Lmao hit all the shots.

Clipper Nation
05-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Blake had an up-and-down playoffs, some good and some bad, but at least he is actually playing in them every year :lol

Blake is a hard worker and the playoff experience he's accumulating will help him get better, the same can't be said of Stat Padder Love....

People are infatuated with Love's stats on the box score but he has a long way to go if he wants to even make the playoffs.... his flaws are marginalized because he plays on a losing small-market team that nobody cares about (as opposed to dealing with the pressure of winning in a big market like Blake has to face) and his stans greatly underrate his supporting cast.... his lack of defense and his preference of chucking threes instead of playing in the post are why his vacations start in April every year....

spurraider21
05-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Love chooses to box out instead of contesting shots. I would always hate to have a fucker like that be one of the leaders on my team. I'm not even exaggerating... I have seen love do this on several occasions just watching him play against the spurs or the two LA teams (though I didn't watch much lakers this season).

when Paul was out I saw Blake control the team and continue to lead them to a strong record. The clippers roster minus Paul isn't noticeably better than the wolves tbh

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 01:35 PM

SH dropping trooof bombs tbh.

The Batman
05-18-2014, 01:37 PM
I hope Love goes to the Lakers for those who think he is better than Griffin. Dude is a loser period.

StrengthAndHonor
05-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Everyone has their own opinion and it's cool. I mean, if you think about their respective weakness, they are a player that belongs in the same tier. It would be interesting to see both Griffin and Love switch situations but I believe the end result is the same.

I'd just like to add though that Minnesota is one of the most poorly constructed team in the league so I don't think it's fair to put the entire weight of a losing team on one player. It's always been a team game.

Spur-Addict
05-18-2014, 02:00 PM

Fo tay ate millz yuns :lol

BatManu20
05-18-2014, 02:04 PM
I could actually see this happening. And Love would fit with Dwight cause he's a stretch 4.

spurraider21
05-18-2014, 02:05 PM
Love and Dwight could actually work tbh

The Batman
05-18-2014, 02:11 PM
I could actually see this happening. And Love would fit with Dwight cause he's a stretch 4.

:lol Morey keeping McHale to go after Love.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 02:21 PM
:lol @ Rockets fans getting excited with the idea of adding another chucker besides Harden.

:lol @ Dwight

Clipper Nation
05-18-2014, 02:24 PM
:lol Morey keeping McHale to go after Love.

:lol McFail, Harden, and Love
:lol Worse defense than the Antoni Suns

Clipper Nation
05-18-2014, 02:25 PM
:lol @ Rockets fans getting excited with the idea of adding another chucker besides Harden.

You were just defending that "other chucker" earlier in this thread and hoping for the Lakers to sign him as a free agent :lol

The Batman
05-18-2014, 02:27 PM

:lol @ Dwight

Who got excited?

Chinook
05-18-2014, 02:34 PM
I just don't see Houston having enough assets to go after Love. The best they could do is send Asik, Jones, Parsons and picks out for Love, with some third team taking Asik and sending the compensation to Minnesota. Unless a team is crazy about Omer (who almost has negative value now), I don't see that as being enough.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 02:34 PM
You were just defending that "other chucker" earlier in this thread and hoping for the Lakers to sign him as a free agent :lol

No, you misunderstood. I was defending him against a FLOPPER.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 02:36 PM
AT least you used the word "hoped" not "begged"...:lol

Clipper Nation
05-18-2014, 02:38 PM
You wanting Love as a FA:

It would be. Ice to pick up Love this offseason just not with the expense of a Top 4 pick. Lakers could always throw an offer in 2015 or at the deadline.
:lol Lakerfan excited about adding another chucker next to Kirby

PublicOption
05-18-2014, 02:39 PM
bonner and a number 1 for love.

The Batman
05-18-2014, 02:49 PM
CN ethering niggras.

StrengthAndHonor
05-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Houston fans are just desperate at this point. Brining Love or Melo wouldn't fix any of their issues :lol

Bulaien999
05-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Houston fans are just desperate at this point. Brining Love or Melo wouldn't fix any of their issues :lol

It would directly fix a issue. Our power forward is a area of concern. Tjones is not a starter but has his occasional good game.

Parsons,asik and 1 should get it done. Now unloading Lin.... now that's a wet dream.

The Batman
05-18-2014, 02:58 PM

Not necessarily true. Melo and Love would help in rebounding. Terrence Jones is garbage and is worse defensively than Harden. Love would stretch the floor well. So would Melo. If they can bring in an assistant coach who can replace Kelvin Sampson who can either emphasize defense or draw up plays. Their biggest problem is PG play.

Bulaien999
05-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Not necessarily true. Melo and Love would help in rebounding. Terrence Jones is garbage and is worse defensively than Harden. Love would stretch the floor well. So would Melo. If they can bring in an assistant coach who can replace Kelvin Sampson who can either emphasize defense or draw up plays. Their biggest problem is PG play.

True on all points. Sick to see how Lowry and Dragic are playing compared to Lin

The Batman
05-18-2014, 03:06 PM
I'd rather go after Melo first though. Love is just as lazy on D as is Harden, however Love would be better at rebounding than Jones.

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Getting Love on HOU would be incredible, I don't know what people here are trying to argue. Love has his faults and he's not ideal to build around, but HOU is literally the perfect place for him (or CHI if Rose is healthy). It would be incredible to have Love in HOU and I obviously hope that does not happen.

Duncan/Tiago/Gasol/Zbo/Anthony Davis/Dirk/Dwight/Love all in the same division. GTFO with that son.

Bynumite
05-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Not necessarily true. Melo and Love would help in rebounding.

This faggot probably already started stalking Love on twitter, begging him to join Houston like he begged Melo a few years ago :lmao

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 03:38 PM
I'd rather go after Melo first though. Love is just as lazy on D as is Harden, however Love would be better at rebounding than Jones.

RD2191
05-18-2014, 03:40 PM
:lolThey never learn. Only 2 contenders in the West, Spurs and OKC.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 03:40 PM
It would directly fix a issue. Our power forward is a area of concern. Tjones is not a starter but has his occasional good game.
Parsons,asik and 1 should get it done. Now unloading Lin.... now that's a wet dream.

Love is an amazing offensive player but he' wouldn't fix Aldridge dropping a whopping 80+ points in the first 2 games against the Rockets.

All series long, Rockets fans were screaming defense and Love or Melo is your answer? :lol

The Batman
05-18-2014, 03:43 PM
This faggot probably already started stalking Love on twitter, begging him to join Houston like he begged Melo a few years ago :lmao

You mean like you begged Bynum's knees not to blow up?

The Batman
05-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Love is an amazing offensive player but he' wouldn't fix Aldridge dropping a whopping 80+ points in the first 2 games against the Rockets.

All series long, Rockets fans were screaming defense and Love or Melo is your answer? :lol
Terrence Jones is too small to play PF. That's why LaMarcus torched him.

StrengthAndHonor
05-18-2014, 03:46 PM
Terrence Jones is too small to play PF. That's why LaMarcus torched him.
But Lamarcus also torched Asik.

Bynumite
05-18-2014, 03:47 PM
You mean like you begged Bynum's knees not to blow up?

:rollinBegging for Bosh.

Mugen
05-18-2014, 03:47 PM
You go after Love over Melo 100/100 times if you're Morey. He'd be a perfect fit between Harden/Dwight. You'd have to be coached by Kevin McHale to keep that team from the Finals tbh.

The Batman
05-18-2014, 03:48 PM
And as bad as Jones was on D, the lack of rebounds hurt them.

The Batman
05-18-2014, 03:49 PM
But Lamarcus also torched Asik.
Asik slowed him down the next two games.

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 03:50 PM
Not only that, but Jones doesn't have the size or ability of Love. Getting Love, IMO, would allow Dwight to play LMA more than he did & you can hide Love on Lopez because he will box his ass out. Melo would be a very good fit too IMO, but I think Love is a great fit with his passing (Melo is good there too when he tries) and rebounding.

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 03:51 PM
HOU lost because they don't play the right way, not because they weren't the better team. That's on the coach and Harden. Even with all the crap offense and mistakes, they still were a game winner from forcing a game 7.

StrengthAndHonor
05-18-2014, 03:51 PM
And as bad as Jones was on D, the lack of rebounds hurt them.
A stat padding choker wouldn't fix your rebounding woes. He'll just blatantly fight his teammates, Dwight in this case, for rebounds.

StrengthAndHonor
05-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Asik slowed him down the next two games.
To the tune of what? 30 points a game?

The Batman
05-18-2014, 03:55 PM
A stat padding choker wouldn't fix your rebounding woes. He'll just blatantly fight his teammates, Dwight in this case, for rebounds.

As long as he gets rebounds. That's what the team needs and Jones doesn't have that ability.

StrengthAndHonor
05-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Ahh, so he's a stat padding choker who will be brought in for the occasional rebound. I just find it weird you were criticizing his effort but now embrace the very same effort he will bring if he becomes a Rocket?

who cares right, not my team and not my dime. The Clippers have issues of their own.

Bulaien999
05-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Ahh, so he's a stat padding choker who will be brought in for the occasional rebound. I just find it weird you were criticizing his effort but now embrace the very same effort he will bring if he becomes a Rocket?

who cares right, not my team and not my dime. The Clippers have issues of their own.

How is he a choker if never put in a situation of win or go home. Stat padder or not, you can't deny he has game regardless where he ends up.

The Batman
05-18-2014, 04:10 PM

You obviously are struggling with the point I am making. No I would not want Love to be the first option like the Lakers do. The Rockets have no capable PF who can rebound and space the floor. I wouldn't mind him being brought in because it would fix a major problem.

The Batman
05-18-2014, 04:10 PM

You obviously are struggling with the point I am making. No I would not want Love to be the first option like the Lakers do. The Rockets have no capable PF who can rebound and space the floor. I wouldn't mind him being brought in because it would fix a major problem.

The Batman
05-18-2014, 04:12 PM
In other words, none of their PFs can contribute much.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 04:17 PM
How is he a choker if never put in a situation of win or go home. Stat padder or not, you can't deny he has game regardless where he ends up.

He did :lol

Chinook
05-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Love would be great on the Rockets if Houston replaces Parsons with a legit perimeter defender. They need to upgrade from Beverly both as their PG and as their stopper.

The Batman
05-18-2014, 04:31 PM
He did :lol
You should have the ability to comprehend and be competent but I'm not seeing it. My post in regards to Love being a loser as a number one option.

Xylus
05-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Love is comin' to Phoenix.

BatManu20
05-18-2014, 04:35 PM

The Batman
05-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Love would be great on the Rockets if Houston replaces Parsons with a legit perimeter defender. They need to upgrade from Beverly both as their PG and as their stopper.
This. They need to focus on moving Lin first if they can do the impossible. If they can, then go after Lowry. Maybe Rondo.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 04:42 PM
You should have the ability to comprehend and be competent but I'm not seeing it. My post in regards to Love being a loser as a number one option.

:lol You're paying an empty stats sheet loser who will be getting paid the max. Enjoy your shit sandwich

Your words on Kevin Love, not mine.

The Batman
05-18-2014, 04:43 PM
:lol You're paying an empty stats sheet loser who will be getting paid the max. Enjoy your shit sandwich

Your words on Kevin Love, not mine.
And the Lakers are paying him to be the face of the franchise. AND trading a lottery pick for him. See the difference?

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 04:46 PM
And the Lakers are paying him to be the face of the franchise. AND trading a lottery pick for him. See the difference?

I hope you;re not missing the game over this :lol

Malik Hairston
05-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Love is a top 10 player, tbh..sure, he has his flaws, but all credible on/off metrics have him as a top-tier net positive player, despite the lack of team success..

He'll never be a clear-cut #1 on a team, but he can certainly be a 1a-1b type of player on a top team IMO..

coachmac87
05-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Anybody talking down on Love and calling him overrated are fucking idiots and have no clue about basketball or player personnel.

Every team that has the cap room are going to do whatever they can to get him. His skills offensively are unique and nobody in the league compares.. Dirk is a good comparison. Can't play a lock of defense but is highly skilled offensive player. But unlike Dirk, Love can pass and grab rebounds

sook
05-18-2014, 09:13 PM

tbh, that would be awesome as hell to watch.

Chinook
05-18-2014, 09:13 PM
:rollin Dirk was a much better player than Love will ever be. I don't even think that needs a response.

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 09:51 PM
:rollin Dirk was a much better player than Love will get be. I don't even think that needs response.

I can't believe some people.

Xylus
05-18-2014, 11:59 PM
tbh, that would be awesome as hell to watch.

Pretty much the perfect fit, too.

RsxPiimp
05-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Love is a top 10 player, tbh..sure, he has his flaws, but all credible on/off metrics have him as a top-tier net positive player, despite the lack of team success..

He'll never be a clear-cut #1 on a team, but he can certainly be a 1a-1b type of player on a top team IMO..
Of course, only a retard would disregard what he brings on the table then points at Minnesota's win-loss record to prove he's nothing but a stat sheet loser :lol

The Batman
05-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Of course, only a retard would disregard what he brings on the table then points at Minnesota's win-loss record to prove he's nothing but a stat sheet loser :lol
What does he bring to the table, dipshit? He's not a #1 option which you seem to think he is.

RsxPiimp
05-19-2014, 08:53 AM
Try to keep up, no one said he's a clear cut #1 option :lol

Rocketsfan #bringmelo :lol

The Batman
05-19-2014, 08:55 AM
Try to keep up, no one said he's a clear cut #1 option :lol

Rocketsfan #bringmelo :lol
What does he bring to the table? You still haven't answered. State why he's not a empty stat sheet loser.

smaka
05-19-2014, 08:56 AM

Too bad Kobe doesn't. :lol

RsxPiimp
05-19-2014, 08:57 AM
What does he bring to the table? You still haven't answered. State why he's not a empty stat sheet loser.

Harlem just answered all that for you :lol

RsxPiimp
05-19-2014, 08:58 AM

I wouldn't mind Love being brought in because it would fix a major problem.

Actually you answered your own question too

RsxPiimp
I'd rather go after Melo first though. Love is just as lazy on D as is Harden.
As if Melo is a workhorse on defense :lmao

The Batman
Harlem just answered all that for you :lol
You can't answer yourself. So you obviously don't know what he brings to the table.

The Batman
05-19-2014, 08:59 AM
As if Melo is a workhorse on defense :lmao
Melo is better than Love on D.

The Batman
05-19-2014, 09:00 AM
Actually you answered your own question too

You just said he's not an empty stat sheet loser and you can't provide any explanation why. lol you.

RsxPiimp
05-19-2014, 09:02 AM
bring Melo
got shat on by the Blazers
thinks love doesn't bring anything on the table
but would love to bring him in the offseason

Captivus
05-19-2014, 09:02 AM
Love will be traded...thats almost certain now.
Maybe MIN can use him to acquire a few picks before this years draft.

The Batman
05-19-2014, 09:07 AM
bring Melo
got shat on by the Blazers
thinks love doesn't bring anything on the table
but would love to bring him in the offseason

:lol you can't argue against him being a stat sheet loser as the #1 option

Kool Bob Love
05-19-2014, 09:16 AM
He's a special player, the numbers he puts up are incredible, but we need a different leader. He's our leader in points and other things, but vocally he's not the type of player that wants to be, or that can be the leader. There are different types of leaders. It didn't have to be him. It could have been Kevin Martin, who has a bit more experience, or I could take a step forward and be the definitive leader. - Ricky Rubio

The Batman
05-19-2014, 09:21 AM
^:rollin

StrengthAndHonor
05-19-2014, 09:31 AM
^:rollin
I never understood your posts in this thread tbh, you seem to embrace the idea of what Love can bring to the Rockets yet you diminish his great abilities to score and his knack for rebounding, the very same skill you think he'll fix for Houston. It's very strange, it's like there's two personalities logging in the same account. I hate to revisit but it's just weird to me.

Carry on guys.

The Batman
05-19-2014, 09:38 AM
I never understood your posts in this thread tbh, you seem to embrace the idea of what Love can bring to the Rockets yet you diminish his great abilities to score and his knack for rebounding, the very same skill you think he'll fix for Houston. It's very strange, it's like there's two personalities logging in the same account. I hate to revisit but it's just weird to me.

Carry on guys.

Another reading comprehension fail. I said he's not a number one option, because all he focuses on getting his numbers. He is better suited on a contending team as a second option or third where that's all he can worry about.

StrengthAndHonor
05-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Btw, there's nothing wrong with what Rubio said. He stated Kevin Love is not a "Vocal" leader which isn't a shot. Some great players are not built to bark orders and lead like Magic. Dwight for example may be the elder statesman in Houston but its safe to say no one is looking for his advice. He just lets his game do the talking. There's a huge difference between Competition leaders and Cultural Captains.

StrengthAndHonor
05-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Another reading comprehension fail. I said he's not a number one option, because all he focuses on getting his numbers. He is better suited on a contending team as a second option or third where that's all he can worry about.
There's no comprehension fail. Your posts aren't even consistent on most levels. I'm trying to be really respectful here but you're really not one of the brightest in the site.

Jodelo
05-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Dirk is a good comparison. Can't play a lock of defense but is highly skilled offensive player. But unlike Dirk, Love can pass and grab rebounds

Comparing Love to Dirk :lmao

Killakobe81
05-19-2014, 12:28 PM

Congrats son.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Knicks IMO are in a worst position than the Lakers, especially if they sign Melo to a max contract. If winning is Love's priority then neither team is appealing. I think Boston is probably better than both. Brad Stevens is legit, and they have tons of future draft picks, Rondo, plus cap space that can build a contender in the Eastern Conference in a short amount of time.

Melo can actually play basketball at a high level. Bryant cannot and makes $30m AAV. Worse situation my ass.

-21-
05-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Rubio droppin' truth bombs tbh. I just don't see him as the kind of superstar that can lead a team all the way to a championship (even if he had a "vocal leader" on his team like 2011 Dirk). He'd need another superstar.

RsxPiimp
05-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Melo can actually play basketball at a high level. .

Missing the playoffs in the weakest conference ever

FuzzyLumpkins
05-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Missing the playoffs in the weakest conference ever

I am not a Knicks fan so talking shit about their poor performacne doesn't bother me.

Jodie Meeks is your best player. You have the shittiest roster this side of Milwaukee to go along with the biggest TOSB in the NBA eating nearly half of the cap while being physically unable to perform.

No FA is going to want to sign on for that loser and be Kobe's whipping boy.

RsxPiimp
05-19-2014, 01:44 PM
b
I am not a Knicks fan so talking shit about their poor performacne doesn't bother me.

Jodie Meeks is your best player. You have the shittiest roster this side of Milwaukee to go along with the biggest TOSB in the NBA eating nearly half of the cap while being physically unable to perform.

No FA is going to want to sign on for that loser and be Kobe's whipping boy.

Your course of thought seems limited. No one is building around a championship team in Kobe's last stint as a Laker, any sane Laker fans know this the moment #24 signed his contract. :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
05-19-2014, 02:04 PM
b

Your course of thought seems limited. No one is building around a championship team in Kobe's last stint as a Laker, any sane Laker fans know this the moment #24 signed his contract. :lol

Acknowledging my point does not mean that I am limited although it is an interesting posturing tactic I have seldom seen used.

Love and Melo in the same front court seems like an awful idea. I could see the Lakers getting Love.

Best case scenario that I see is LA trading for Love this offseason. Him coming in and Kobe trying to come back at the same time which you know is going to be a loser. Now when the fans turn on the team, the treatment Love will get will make what Gasol got look like the Beatles at JFK.

It will be the Lakers in the 73-79 except no Kareem so a lot shittier. Then Love could go elsewhere after the season.

Xylus
05-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Congrats son.

I'm glad we only had to give up Alex Len to get him.

Bulaien999
05-19-2014, 04:31 PM
It just made lakers situation worse, having to give up their pick they worked so hard to acquire to pick him up instead of in free agency

Chinook
05-19-2014, 05:09 PM
If the Wolves want to trade Love before the draft, that favors Houston and Boston, as the Rockets and Celtics are the only teams among those rumored who aren't trying to use cap space to complete the deal. I think Minny waits until July, though.

DPG21920
05-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Ya - Minny already came out and said they won't trade Love pre-draft.

The Batman
05-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Love thinks Dwight's a drama queen and doesn't want to play with him. Yeah he is, but that's the pot calling the kettle black.

The Batman
05-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Also, Love thinks of himself as a winner above Dwight and Harden.

TVI
05-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Lol...Kobe & Melo...there's only one ball, and they both can't hog it at the same time.