PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Am I the only who thinks Pacers take this series?

testies
05-18-2014, 02:14 AM
HCA, they still have really solid defense

Miami doesn't have a stretch 4 anymore in Miller, which completely changes everything in favor of Pacers

only if Bosh is really really red hot from 3, I see Pacers taking this in 7

Sean Cagney
05-18-2014, 02:17 AM
I see the Heat winning this series but the Pacers I guess could given a break or two.

spurraider21
05-18-2014, 02:18 AM
even at the pacers peak this season, i thought heat should/would be favored, but pacers would have a legit chance. with the pacers collapse, i just dont see it happening. the pacers had given the heat problems because they played well collectively and hibbert's balls would expand tenfold. hibbert clearly can't be relied upon at this point and indy is just flat out not playing that well

DD
05-18-2014, 02:20 AM
Pacers are 5-1 on road and 3-4 at home in playoffs, so i put no st ock in their HCA. Heat in 7 is what mah gut tells me

ElNono
05-18-2014, 02:22 AM
Pacers are 5-1 on road and 3-4 at home in playoffs, so i put no st ock in their HCA. Heat in 7 is what mah gut tells me

Really? You think it goes 7? Indy has looked so sloppy at times. I'm actually thinking Miami closes at home in 6, worst case.

05-18-2014, 02:26 AM
Heat in 5, unless the refs drag it out. The Pacers just aren't a talented team.

DD
05-18-2014, 02:27 AM
I predicted Heat sweep before the playoffs, and even though Indy had been a trainwreck, I'm kinda impressed how they've won all their must win games to this point. Couple tbat with the fact they always play Miami tough, and i think we have a series

DD
05-18-2014, 02:30 AM
DPG21920, $200 bet? You take Heat in 4, 5, or 6...any othet result and I win...deal?

DD
05-18-2014, 02:48 AM
DPG21920, $200 bet? You take Heat in 4, 5, or 6...any othet result and I win...deal?
First come first serve to anyone...but you'll have to be vetted first

spurraider21
05-18-2014, 02:49 AM
Really? You think it goes 7? Indy has looked so sloppy at times. I'm actually thinking Miami closes at home in 6, worst case.
yeah, miami in 7 is a weird pick, implying they can't close out at home in game 6, but they will in game 7 on the road... either that or he has indiana up 3-2 going back to miami :lol

edit: i see DD is putting his money where his mouth is. :tu

The Reckoning
05-18-2014, 02:49 AM
yes

ElNono
05-18-2014, 03:18 AM
Props to DD, but I can't read Indy at all, tbh... not this season. He's right they've been able to win their must-win games, but which Hibbert are they going to get from game to game is a puzzle I haven't figured out yet. Should be an entertaining series.

hater
05-18-2014, 03:21 AM
heat in 5 or less. this is not even going to be close

Indiana would have been swept by the West 8th seed. they should thank their lucky stars they are in the weak East. Their luck has run out

DD
05-18-2014, 03:24 AM

Indiana would have been swept by the West 8th seed. they should thank their lucky stars they are in the weak East. Their luck has run out

Game for the bet, then?

DD
05-18-2014, 03:33 AM
He's gone:(

spurraider21
05-18-2014, 03:36 AM
He's gone:(
i'm intrigued, but just trying to pick your brain in all this. you see miami losing game 6 at home and winning on the road in game 7?

05-18-2014, 03:44 AM
Don't want to bet, but there is no way Pacers win this series, and they'd be lucky to win 2 games. They went 7 with an Hawks(8th seed), and 6 with the Wizards(6th seed), and now they're just gonna turn it on against the Heat. I doubt it.

dg7md
05-18-2014, 04:21 AM
I have almost no confidence in the Pacers after their showing these playoffs, but I would have to see how they fare in game 1 for me to think they have a shot.

If, by some chance, they dominate in game 1 I would say they have a shot — if they lose, I would say that the Heat have it in 5.

-21-
05-18-2014, 04:23 AM
I would love for the OP to be right but, like almost everyone else, I think the Pacers will lose in 6 at best.

Arcadian
05-18-2014, 04:29 AM
Yeah.....see, there's this other factor known as "they're a shitty team" that you aren't factoring into the equation. :lol

I would love to be wrong, though, because the Spurs would beat them in the Finals for sure.

Seefourdc
05-18-2014, 06:06 AM
Man people are so delusional about the Pacers this year. George Hill and Hibbert having their worst years ever troughing at playoff time. Stephenson running 8-10 iso plays a game (Heat are going to pants down shit on this fool)... and you guys think the Pacers have a fucking chance? Lets go back to last year. Remember the last time Stephenson said shit? Lebron James 0- his ass for an entire half. Guy didn't score points until the 4th quarter in an elimination game?!?!

On Mike Miller. You realize he wasn't playing the 4 right? Lebron was playing the 4... so that means they can play Rashard, Jones, Beasley, etc. at the same spot Miller was playing. Lebron was D'ing up on West in those situations or they were doing it when West or Hibbert were on the bench and just steamrolling the fuck out of Pacers backups.

This year it's going to be way worse. This series is going to be over real early.

jeebus
05-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Indy in 6. Non issue.

will_spurs
05-18-2014, 08:29 AM
Miami in 5. Not even close.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 08:58 AM
The Pacers can but it all depends which Hibbert and Stephenson shows up, those two dipshits are the biggest question mark in this series. Stephenson has been a huge disappointment in the playoffs, if you're rooting for Indiana, you hope a guy playing for a contract wil finally show up in the right series, and this has to be that series.

Hibbert has shown signs of life, they needed his confidence and that Wizard series restored it. I expect Hibbert to be a lot more effective here afterall he pummeled the Heat frontcourt last season and there hasn't been any changes in the Heats lineup since.

The Pacers are not going to win on talent even though on paper they have a better team simply because they don't have a player that can take over games, they literally have to scrap for 48 minutes to close out the Heat. Miami can win a game with everyone but Lebron and Player B having a good game, the Pacers need excellent games from Players A-E to steal a game, ask yourself which one is likely to happen in every game of this series?

baseline bum
05-18-2014, 09:02 AM

7??? God damn, that Afghani heron must just murder the Miami shit.

baseline bum
05-18-2014, 09:07 AM

Who is that bitch on the right? Damn!

will_spurs
05-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Who is that bitch on the right? Damn!

Blagovesta Bonbonova.

And you're welcome :lol

RsxPiimp
05-18-2014, 09:22 AM
If the Pacers can get Hibbert to play like this again, and I assume they will force a lot of pick and roll to take advantage of their size (Miami is quite good with fronting though) then they already have taken care of their biggest issue.

http://youtu.be/dbO1RMbzAUk

http://youtu.be/QtQGsEJQF0Y

Another wild card is how much physicality will the refs allow in this series. Lebron was relentless against the Nets and I expect him to be more aggressive going at Hibbert to put him in foul trouble, he was so aggressive this year he even got a flagrant offensive foul at one point.

http://youtu.be/15a7veLCjqw

Clipper Nation
05-18-2014, 09:26 AM
:lol That cute little team

chunticakes
05-18-2014, 09:28 AM
First come first serve to anyone...but you'll have to be vetted first

I'll take that bet son, heat in anything less than 5.

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2014, 11:14 AM
No comment

Ricky Davis
05-18-2014, 11:15 AM
I predicted Heat sweep before the playoffs, and even though Indy had been a trainwreck, I'm kinda impressed how they've won all their must win games to this point. Couple tbat with the fact they always play Miami tough, and i think we have a series

I'm thinking along this way too. I think Indiana has looked ahead to this matchup for months now, so much that they overlooked their first two opponents which is why they struggled against Atlanta/Washington. Spurs had a similar problem, imo. So anxious to get back to their rematch with the Heat, that they overlooked Dullass in the first round.

Now that it's finally here, I think we'll see the best that Indiana has to offer and they'll make it a competitive series. That said, Heat in 6. Just can't see Indiana winning 4 out of 7.

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm thinking along this way too. I think Indiana has looked ahead to this matchup for months now, so much that they overlooked their first two opponents which is why they struggled against Atlanta/Washington. Spurs had a similar problem, imo. So anxious to get back to their rematch with the Heat, that they overlooked Dullass in the first round.

Now that it's finally here, I think we'll see the best that Indiana has to offer and they'll make it a competitive series. That said, Heat in 6. Just can't see Indiana winning 4 out of 7.

So you're saying they already pre-cummed and now they're ready to do some real fucking

Ricky Davis
05-18-2014, 11:22 AM
So you're saying they already pre-cummed and now they're ready to do some real fucking

What the darn-diddily-doodily did you just say about me, you little witcharooney? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Springfield Bible College, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret mission trips in Capital City, and I have over 300 confirmed baptisms. I am trained in the Old Testament and I’m the top converter in the entire church mission group. You are nothing to me but just another heathen. I will cast your sins out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in Heaven, mark my diddily-iddilly words. You think you can get away with saying that blasphemy to me over the Internet? Think again, friendarino. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of evangelists across Springfield and your IP is being traced by God right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggorino. The storm that wipes out the diddily little thing you call your life of sin. You’re going to Church, kiddily-widdily. Jesus can be anywhere, anytime, and he can turn you to the Gospel in over infinity ways, and that’s just with his bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in preaching to nonbelievers, but I have access to the entire dang- diddily Bible collection of the Springfield Bible College and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your sins away off the face of the continent, you diddily-doo satan-worshipper. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you from the Heavens, maybe you would have held your darn-diddily-fundgearoo tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re clean of all your sins, you widdillo-skiddily neighborino. I will sing hymns of praise all over you and you will drown in the love of Christ. You’re farn-foodily- flank-fiddily reborn, kiddo-diddily.

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2014, 11:25 AM
^ were you attacked by a rabid bat last night

DD
05-18-2014, 11:44 AM
I'll take that bet son, heat in anything less than 5.

Awful Christian of you to give me another game to work with, scro. Heat in 5 or less vs any other result? Or am I reading you wrong?

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 12:11 PM
DD - I'm bored. If this guy backs out or doesn't confirm before tip I'll bet with you but straight up as always. Indy is the number one seed with HC & it's a good match up. Just winner of the series, no games.

AchillesHeel
05-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Pacers have HCA and they have a solid roster, but their inconsistency at home in the last 2 months or so worry me. Hibbert would have to play out of his mind for the entire series, PG & Lance would have to basically match whatever Wade & Lebron are doing & West would have to outplay Bosh. I don't see it happening.

Me thinks that they will split the series 1-1 at Indiana and Miami will take a commanding 3-1 lead at home, Pacers win game 5, Heat win Game 6.

poeticism707
05-18-2014, 12:17 PM

Agreed.

Pacers have more in the tank than people think, especially against Miami, who they always get up for like their lives depend on it.

In a fairly officited series (might as well be looling for a four leaf clover). Pacers can win.

I also think HC advantage will be far more valuable to the Pacers in this series than the previous rounds.

baseline bum
05-18-2014, 12:21 PM
DD - I'm bored. If this guy backs out or doesn't confirm before tip I'll bet with you but straight up as always. Indy is the number one seed with HC & it's a good match up. Just winner of the series, no games.

Wow, that's a sucker bet, Dogg Pound.

SpursDynasty
05-18-2014, 12:23 PM
The Heat are a 54-win team this year. They have not been the best team since 2012.

Pacers in 5.

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 12:23 PM
I absolutely think INDY will play better vs MIA just because it's a better match up and that is their NBA title (beating MIA). However, my biggest thing is essentially, Lance Stevenson has to play like an All-Star 4 out of 7 times for INDY to beat MIA IMO and I don't think he can. I think you will see less of MIA trying to match INDY going big too. You saw what ATL did to them in RD1 and with really not having to worry about Hibbert scoring consistently, the key is to keep them spread which Bosh can do along with other smaller options.

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 12:24 PM
Wow, that's a sucker bet, Dogg Pound.

What do you mean? It would be betting the series straight up. Giving up a game is MASSIVE. We never do that in any other series despite the gap being bigger. INDY is the number one seed with HC advantage and despite their crappy play, they kept advancing and playing well in must win games.

baseline bum
05-18-2014, 01:03 PM
What do you mean? It would be betting the series straight up. Giving up a game is MASSIVE. We never do that in any other series despite the gap being bigger. INDY is the number one seed with HC advantage and despite their crappy play, they kept advancing and playing well in must win games.

Miami is -390 to win this series. That's ridiculous to put a straight up $200 bet on Indiana to win. If you really believe they'll win the series go do it with a real bookie and make some money off the huge risk you're taking. DD's original offer is way more fair.

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 01:05 PM
I think the Heat will win, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go 7.

baseline bum
05-18-2014, 01:20 PM
My bad, would you be betting on the Heat to win the series straight-up, no money line? I can see why you'd want to sucker DD into that.

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 01:22 PM
My bad, would you be betting on the Heat to win the series straight-up, no money line? I can see why you'd want to sucker DD into that.

Exactly - just straight win/lose the series. I have Heat.

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 01:25 PM
I am surprised with how poor INDY has been in Game 1's, that MIA is only -2.5

m>s
05-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Don't foresee it happening but I wouldn't complain if it did. Should be a physical series at least.

mavsfan1000
05-18-2014, 02:26 PM
The Pacers were better last year as well. They suck this year. Especially the last 2-3 months.

IrisHockey
05-18-2014, 02:32 PM
No comment

:lol

resistanze
05-18-2014, 02:53 PM
LeBron's pre-game speeches :lmao

Aztecfan03
05-18-2014, 03:05 PM

Why would DD make that bet when he thinks the Heat will win?

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Why would DD make that bet when he thinks the Heat will win?

He thinks INDY will win.

Aztecfan03
05-18-2014, 03:20 PM
He thinks INDY will win.

Look at his post early in this thread. He said Heat in 7.

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Look at his post early in this thread.

I did. I also looked at all the other convos we have had on the matter.

testies
05-18-2014, 03:34 PM
see guys?

DPG21920
05-18-2014, 03:42 PM
:lol First half of game one.

Spurs9
05-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Pacers win series no doubt

will_spurs
05-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Good job by the Pacers.

~O~
05-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Series depends on Bosh and Wade.

DD
05-18-2014, 07:35 PM

Still game for the bet? Was sleeping when u posted this tbh (8.5 hrs ahead here). If noy, all good.

chunticakes
05-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Awful Christian of you to give me another game to work with, scro. Heat in 5 or less vs any other result? Or am I reading you wrong?

Typo, 6 or less lol. I had just gotten outta work and was half asleep. Night shift sucks sometime.

chunticakes
05-18-2014, 07:54 PM
People don't realize this but I'm as close a gambler/med fiend as there is to you on this forum. Bet is on d.

DD
05-18-2014, 08:05 PM
People don't realize this but I'm as close a gambler/med fiend as there is to you on this forum. Bet is on d.

Haha, true. Bets on:toast...I'll catch u in the Finals, DPG

chunticakes
05-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Damn double post.

DMC
05-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Heat are going to win this series and the next.

Strange Love
05-18-2014, 08:30 PM
:lol That cute little team

Cute little team just wiped the floor with the "elite east" golden child. :lol

Budkin
05-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Heat haven't been challenged yet. Wake up call for them.

Jacob1983
05-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Got to win 4 games, bran. I'm sure the Bulls thought they were going to the Finals after winning game 1 in 2011.

adonis827
05-18-2014, 09:50 PM
If Indy wins the next game- which sure looks to me is possible- MIA would find it hard to sweep the next 4 games. So IMHO MIA winning in 6 or less would be a small chance

baseline bum
05-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Miami by 20 in Game 2.

mavsfan1000
05-18-2014, 11:47 PM
If Indy wins the next game- which sure looks to me is possible- MIA would find it hard to sweep the next 4 games. So IMHO MIA winning in 6 or less would be a small chance
Miami is winning game 2 and will win this series in 6 games.

DD
05-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Miami is winning game 2 and will win this series in 6 games.

shut your whore mouth, bullsfan

mavsfan1000
05-19-2014, 12:13 AM
shut your whore mouth, bullsfan
The truth hurts. Indiana just doesn't have enough offense as proven why they struggled to get here. Game 1 was the exception but I don't expect them to get that hot for the rest of the series.

Sean Cagney
05-19-2014, 12:28 AM
That pic on the right hand side of your sig.. SWEET LORD, WOW.

Franklin
05-19-2014, 12:38 AM
Pacers are specifically designed to cope with the cHeat imho. Refs will start giving foodstamps to Miami when the think the time is right, and they'll do the best they can to grant Miami a finals ticket, so the result will depend on refs just like the WCF. We really need to dig into the conspiracy theory to find answers, and where's that dude BRPelican when his expertise is much needed?

From the perspective of a spurs fan I'd like to face the Pacers in WCF rather than Miami, not like I feared the cHeat but I think a team that barely plays offense will be much easier to deal with, and we wouldn't need to worry about biased officiating

testies
05-19-2014, 12:39 AM
Pacers are specifically designed to cope with the cHeat imho. Refs will start giving foodstamps to Miami when the think the time is right, and they'll do the best they can to grant Miami a finals ticket, so the result will depend on refs just like the WCF. We really need to dig into the conspiracy theory to find answers, and where's that dude BRPelican when his expertise is much needed?

From the perspective of a spurs fan I'd like to face the Pacers in WCF rather than Miami, not like I feared the cHeat but I think a team that barely plays offense will be much easier to deal with, and we wouldn't need to worry about biased officiating

they should have beaten us by like 35 in SA, remember?

mavsfan1000
05-20-2014, 02:55 PM

The Pacers are designed to beat mediocre Eastern teams. Miami is the only eastern team that isn't mediocre.

spurraider21
05-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Game 2 is just as much a must-win for Indy as it is for Miami tbh. Pacers and their fans shouldn't be too confident at this point

hater
05-20-2014, 10:03 PM

Why do I even bother :lmao

Venti Quattro
05-26-2014, 10:02 PM
HCA, they still have really solid defense

Miami doesn't have a stretch 4 anymore in Miller, which completely changes everything in favor of Pacers

only if Bosh is really really red hot from 3, I see Pacers taking this in 7

:lmao No they aren't beating Miami.

testies
05-27-2014, 05:01 AM
I still think Pacers win in 7

will be epic.. just watch

Venti Quattro
05-27-2014, 05:19 AM
I still think Pacers win in 7

will be epic.. just watch

Just give up. Miami wins in 5 or 6.

UNCLE-DREW