PDA

View Full Version : Heat: The Heat needed that loss..

apalisoc_9
05-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Miami has not looked engaged at all this post-season..I would attribute this lack of intensity to the fact that they're playing in a really shitty conference...Coasting their way to the ECF.

Miami didn't even look like they wanted to win the game tbh..Wade was hesitant, Bosh looked disinterested.

That being said, they still had a chance to win till the last three minute of the game.

Honestly, as a spursfan it scary how the Pacers can possibly wake up and bring Miami's A game..

Miami will ultimately win thanks to Game 1.

spurraider21
05-18-2014, 05:07 PM
They need 3 more this round :lol

will_spurs
05-18-2014, 05:09 PM
I'd say Miami still had a vague chance to win with 9 minutes remaining. After that the Pacers hit their shots and protected their lead.

Malik Hairston
05-18-2014, 05:15 PM
It was natural for the Heat to have a letdown after not being tested for 2 rounds, tbh, that's what happens to most teams..

I don't know why people thought this series would be easy, though..Indiana has immense confidence against Miami, and the refs allow them to play as physical as they want, their struggles in previous rounds is irrelevant..

Katherine Robinson
05-18-2014, 05:31 PM
5 or 6 games for the Heat unless Pacers did a 180 after losing Bynum

jeebus
05-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Not having Evan Turner today helped out Indy a ton.

spurraider21
05-18-2014, 05:35 PM
It was natural for the Heat to have a letdown after not being tested for 2 rounds, tbh, that's what happens to most teams..

I don't know why people thought this series would be easy, though..Indiana has immense confidence against Miami, and the refs allow them to play as physical as they want, their struggles in previous rounds is irrelevant..
Couldn't catch today's game tbh. Was the officiating particularly skewed? I honestly feel like anytime Hibbert contests a shot in the paint people on this board are going to bitch about verticality or something. That said I trust your opinion more than most

poeticism707
05-18-2014, 05:39 PM
They need 3 more this round :lol

Man, did you beat me to the punch.

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2014, 05:41 PM
No,comment from Kool yall carry on

Malik Hairston
05-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Couldn't catch today's game tbh. Was the officiating particularly skewed? I honestly feel like anytime Hibbert contests a shot in the paint people on this board are going to bitch about verticality or something. That said I trust your opinion more than most

I only watched the 4th quarter..officiating wasn't egregious, it was a typical Pacers-Heat game..

Mugen
05-18-2014, 05:58 PM

Some touch fouls bailed Indy out especially late in the 3rd and early in the 4th. But the Pacers established an inside game early and Miami showed they couldn't really handle them down low so the refs were quick with the whistle.

Basically, some favorable calls for the Pacers but nothing that would have changed the outcome. Heat blew a ton of opportunities to make it a lot closer....

apalisoc_9
05-18-2014, 06:13 PM
The officiating wasn't that bad today despite the huge free throw disparity. Miami was just unnecessarily touchy with Hibbert and that caused of tons of fouls..You either have to foul hard or be cautious..

I don't expect Indiana to hit a ridiculous amount of 3's going forward..

Should be an interesting series, but still, Heat in 6 IMO.

dg7md
05-18-2014, 10:15 PM
And the Pacers needed that win... it's completely feasible that both teams had a momentum-gaining game. Indiana has been bipolar these entire playoffs, and if they take games 1 and 2 at home, that is going to really help out their confidence. If the Pacers continue to play like that, Miami is toast, tbh.

spurraider21
05-18-2014, 10:20 PM
if the heat won, would be a miami jizzfest about "lol, fake contender" or "lol, can't even win at home" etc. regardless of who won game 1, this series was already going to go a minimum of 6 games. i'm just glad indiana won because its funny to see lebron fans like thunderup/clippernation go into full on defense mechanism mode, even though a game 1 loss really means nothing

Clipper Nation
05-18-2014, 10:26 PM
i'm just glad indiana won because its funny to see lebron fans like thunderup/clippernation go into full on defense mechanism mode

:lol Someone's in full defense mode but it's not me:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233180&p=7339555&viewfull=1#post7339555

spurraider21
05-18-2014, 10:57 PM
:lol Someone's in full defense mode but it's not me:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233180&p=7339555&viewfull=1#post7339555
pointing out somebody's delusions is a far cry from "defense mode"

i've even said i still fully expect miami to win the series

Franklin
05-19-2014, 12:29 AM
I think the refs will interfere just in time to help the cHeat qualify for the finals. Spurs are probably gonna win WCF so bald Jew must ensure a Miami-Spurs rematch will take place in the finals this year imho. The league would suffer considerably in broadcast revenue if the finals turned out to be Spurs vs. Pacers tbh.

spurraider21
05-19-2014, 12:42 AM
The Heat are going to win the series regardless... I don't see the Pacers being able to close them out, even if they pull up 3-2. Game 1 is just a reminder for the players and fans that this isn't going to be a cakewalk series

Jacob1983
05-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Heat need 3 more losses against the Pacers.