PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker Practiced Sunday, Will Play Monday!

Embedded
05-19-2014, 12:20 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2014/05/18/parker-cleared-for-game-1/

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-19-2014, 12:23 AM
Weird how the teammate they interviewed was Kawhi, not Timmy, Kawhi, he's really gaining respect. But maybe Timmy chose not to say anything.

spursfan1000
05-19-2014, 12:41 AM
Weird how the teammate they interviewed was Kawhi, not Timmy, Kawhi, he's really gaining respect. But maybe Timmy chose not to say anything.

I remember 2 years back when Spurs played Thunder in WCF Leonard couldnt even breathe on Durant, im interested to see how the refs call on Leonard-Durant now that Leonard is more respected.

Horry Hipcheck
05-19-2014, 01:57 AM
This was never in doubt, in case anyone was concerned.

EVAY
05-19-2014, 07:59 AM
Ever since it was diagnosed as a Grade 1 strain, I have never doubted that Tony would play in Game 1. It is the games after that that concern me, and the chance of the injury getting worse by playing on it.

If he can get through the first two games with no more injury and relatively little stress, the three days of between games 2 and three should finalize his healing. But that is a pretty big if, in my mind.

I would almost prefer that he sit out Monday and then by Wednesday he would have had a full week of recovery, which is what is expected with a Grade 1 strain. If he ends up playing tentatively at all, he can end up doing more harm than good, imo.

Obviously we will find it all out tonight and Wednesday.

Best of luck to us all.

DesignatedT
05-19-2014, 08:47 AM

Timmy, Manu, Danny and Patty were interviewed Saturday and Tony, Boris and Kawhi were interviewed Sunday. They usually rotate around like that.

Jimcs50
05-19-2014, 08:56 AM
I'm shocked he will play.

:lol

Dex
05-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Ever since it was diagnosed as a Grade 1 strain, I have never doubted that Tony would play in Game 1. It is the games after that that concern me, and the chance of the injury getting worse by playing on it.

If he can get through the first two games with no more injury and relatively little stress, the three days of between games 2 and three should finalize his healing. But that is a pretty big if, in my mind.

I would almost prefer that he sit out Monday and then by Wednesday he would have had a full week of recovery, which is what is expected with a Grade 1 strain. If he ends up playing tentatively at all, he can end up doing more harm than good, imo.

Obviously we will find it all out tonight and Wednesday.

Best of luck to us all.

So you basically want to give up home court advantage to OKC in Game 1?

EVAY
05-19-2014, 10:54 AM
So you basically want to give up home court advantage to OKC in Game 1?

Not quite.

I believe that we can win one or even two games without Parker, but I don't believe that we will win this or a potential finals series with a less than effective Parker.

It was my impression that my statement that " I almost prefer" was fairly clear, and would not lead to the 'reductio ad absurdam' fallacy that you immediately went to. ( hearing a statement about a possibility and saying that "if you believe that then you must believe the extreme version of that statement - it is a logical fallacy).

Dex
05-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Not quite.

I believe that we can win one or even two games without Parker, but I don't believe that we will win this or a potential finals series with a less than effective Parker.

It was my impression that my statement that " I almost prefer" was fairly clear, and would not lead to the 'reductio ad absurdam' fallacy that you immediately went to. ( hearing a statement about a possibility and saying that "if you believe that then you must believe the extreme version of that statement - it is a logical fallacy).

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lldnccfwDS1qdao9co1_500.gif

I'll concede that I was leaning on extremes to make my point, as you pointed out.

I still don't think that the risk of losing Game 1 and completely altering the complexion of the series would be worth the reward gained by Tony resting two more days. Especially if Parker has been healthy enough to practice, then he should be healthy enough to play. There is going to be risk of re-aggravation, but I don't see two more days rest really making that go away. Meanwhile, OKC is still going to be a very dangerous team, even without Ibaka.

I know where you're coming from. We need a healthy Parker to go all the way. But we are at the point where there are no more "gimme games". Resting Parker as a precaution would be putting the cart before the horse, imo.

EVAY
05-19-2014, 11:19 AM

I'll concede that I was leaning on extremes to make my point, as you pointed out.

I still don't think that the risk of losing Game 1 and completely altering the complexion of the series would be worth the reward gained by Tony resting two more days. Especially if Parker has been healthy enough to practice, then he should be healthy enough to play. There is going to be risk of re-aggravation, but I don't see two more days rest really making that go away. Meanwhile, OKC is still going to be a very dangerous team, even without Ibaka.

I know where you're coming from. We need a healthy Parker to go all the way. But we are at the point where there are no more "gimme games". Resting Parker as a precaution would be putting the cart before the horse, imo.

I understand. And if he is healthy, I prefer Parker play also. I really do want to go into IKC with a 2 game lead. It would be nice to get this series over with before it goes to 7 games (assuming we win, of course), because I think that the Indiana/Miami series is going to tough and physical for them. Whoever comes out of that series is gonna be beat up, imo. So if we can win quickly with Parker, he will have more time to rest before the finals.

btw, thanks for the Spock video…he was always one of my faves.

kobyz
05-19-2014, 11:33 AM
If he play with the injury, he should not be for one second guarding Westbrook, need to protect himself...

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-19-2014, 01:07 PM

Awesome. Love the choice of pic. :tu