PDA

View Full Version : FWIW: Dan Crawford is one of the Game One Refs

Harry Callahan
05-19-2014, 10:17 AM
Saw him at the hotel I'm staying at in Downtown SA......

Not sure that is a good thing or a bad thing for the Silver and Black.

This will be my first playoff game to attend in person. I imagine this will be a different vibe tonight.....

Spur|n|Austin
05-19-2014, 10:24 AM

This will be my first playoff game to attend in person. I imagine this will be a different vibe tonight.....

Different vibe indeed, hopefully the Spurs get the W. Have fun :tu

DarrinS
05-19-2014, 10:31 AM
He's ok

Dex
05-19-2014, 10:32 AM
Officials for Game 1:

Official 1: Danny Crawford
Official 2: Marc Davis
Official 3: Derrick Stafford
Alternate: Zach Zarba

EVAY
05-19-2014, 11:24 AM
It's Derrick Stafford that I'm worried about. Danny Crawford seems mostly fair to me. Stafford seems like a prima donna who makes some tuly bone-headed calls and then T's up whoever has pointed out the boneheadedness of it.

Frankly, I am hopeful that Crawford keeps a leash on Stafford.

Budkin
05-19-2014, 11:28 AM

Nothing like a Spurs playoff game, it's flippin nuts live. Have fun and bring the noise!

Jimcs50
05-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Stop worrying about the refs.

Spurs will not worry, we should not not either

FromWayDowntown
05-19-2014, 11:44 AM

True enough, Jim Popovich.

You control what you can control and don't worry about what you can't control.

Jimcs50
05-19-2014, 11:47 AM

Eloquently stated. :toast

hyhy
05-19-2014, 01:51 PM

We cant control anything though :lol

Dex
05-19-2014, 02:10 PM
We cant control anything though :lol

You apparently are not familiar with with the work of Amuseddaysleeper.

hyhy
05-19-2014, 02:24 PM
You apparently are not familiar with with the work of Amuseddaysleeper (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=309).

He did his work on Ibaka alr :wow

hsxvvd
05-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Refs clearly on keep game close mode right now.

FromWayDowntown
05-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Good to win at home with that crew. Almost no officials in these playoffs have been as anti-homer as Danny Crawford and Derrick Stafford. Road teams were 7-2 with Danny Crawford coming into Game 1 and were 6-3 with Stafford (road teams were only 3-5 with Marc Davis).

If you were going to get them at home, surviving that game was crucial.

Mugen
05-20-2014, 12:07 AM
I can see Tony Brothers lickin' his chops for Game 2. And by chops, I mean Mama Durant's fat pig arms tbh.

DPG21920
05-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Yup - it was a really inconsistent game from this crew. Luckily, Spurs got the calls in the fourth when it mattered.

RD2191
05-20-2014, 12:09 AM
I can see Tony Brothers lickin' his chops for Game 2. And by chops, I mean Mama Durant's fat pig arms tbh.

:lol

T Park
05-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Stafford and Marc Davis were putrid. Absolutely putrid

Sean Cagney
05-20-2014, 12:15 AM
Survived game one vs the Thunderrefs.

FromWayDowntown
05-20-2014, 12:17 AM
To say the least, I thought Game 1 wasn't really an officiating clinic. Spurs fans overreacted to some things that were understandable missed calls on some bang-bang plays, but I also thought the officials did a horrible job of assuming fouls at times and seemed to get sold by flops a few times.

I thought there were several points where the calls were, um, curious. I thought a lot of that favored the Thunder in the first half and I thought the Spurs got some benefit from it in the second half.

It would be nice to see Kawhi get some respect on the offensive end from the officials, too, particularly when he attacks the rim, but his willingness to just play through those things is one of his great strengths.

testies
05-20-2014, 12:17 AM
we are much more disciplined in playing hard D but not fouling.. I think Kobe mentioned that during his Spike Lee thing

refs reward that... Tony Brothers scares me though

hsxvvd
05-20-2014, 12:19 AM
Just pray Brothers stays on the East coast.

DPG21920
05-20-2014, 12:19 AM
That's because Tony Brothers is the worst official in the NBA.

FromWayDowntown
05-20-2014, 12:26 AM
At least it seems likely that Brothers isn't a crew chief in this round; that would be a big surprise to me. In each of the last two playoffs, there have been 5 crew chiefs in the Conference Finals round and those 5 have been the same in each year: Danny Crawford, Joey Crawford, Monty McCutchen, Scott Foster, and Ken Mauer. We already know that Foster and Danny Crawford are crew chiefs in this round, and it seems virtually certain that Joey Crawford and McCutchen will be chiefs in this round, too. It seems likely that the 5th will be either Mauer or Mike Callahan. If Brothers was to jump over any of those guys, I'd be very, very surprised.

In any event, the best bet is to hope you get Brothers at home. As bad as he can be -- and as much as he has apparently been really good to OKC -- he's pretty much the biggest homer to this point in these playoffs; home teams are 7-1 in his games so far.

Brothers was a crew chief in each of the first two rounds, so I think it's pretty much a lock that he'll work both conference finals series (and if those series go long, that he'll work 3 games in this round) and he will likely have 2 Finals games, too.

T Park
05-20-2014, 12:45 AM
Mccutchen game 2 joe Crawford game 3 mike Callahan game 4 please

ElNono
05-20-2014, 12:46 AM
At least it seems likely that Brothers isn't a crew chief in this round; that would be a big surprise to me. In each of the last two playoffs, there have been 5 crew chiefs in the Conference Finals round and those 5 have been the same in each year: Danny Crawford, Joey Crawford, Monty McCutchen, Scott Foster, and Ken Mauer. We already know that Foster and Danny Crawford are crew chiefs in this round, and it seems virtually certain that Joey Crawford and McCutchen will be chiefs in this round, too. It seems likely that the 5th will be either Mauer or Mike Callahan. If Brothers was to jump over any of those guys, I'd be very, very surprised.

In any event, the best bet is to hope you get Brothers at home. As bad as he can be -- and as much as he has apparently been really good to OKC -- he's pretty much the biggest homer to this point in these playoffs; home teams are 7-1 in his games so far.

Brothers was a crew chief in each of the first two rounds, so I think it's pretty much a lock that he'll work both conference finals series (and if those series go long, that he'll work 3 games in this round) and he will likely have 2 Finals games, too.

Thanks for the insight

FromWayDowntown
05-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Mccutchen game 2 joe Crawford game 3 mike Callahan game 4 please

There's a good chance you'll get your Game 2 wish, TPark, but I'd be surprised if those hopes work out for Games 3 and 4.

The crew for Game 2 of MIA/IND tonight is Joey Crawford, Mike Callahan, and John Goble. From that, we basically know that McCutchen will either have Game 2 of SA/OKC or one of the Game 3's. We also know that Callahan is not a crew chief in this round.

TampaDude
05-20-2014, 09:42 AM
There's a good chance you'll get your Game 2 wish, TPark, but I'd be surprised if those hopes work out for Games 3 and 4.

The crew for Game 2 of MIA/IND tonight is Joey Crawford, Mike Callahan, and John Goble. From that, we basically know that McCutchen will either have Game 2 of SA/OKC or one of the Game 3's. We also know that Callahan is not a crew chief in this round.

Joey will deliver the goods for Miami tonight, no doubt. Heat in 5.

T Park
05-20-2014, 10:15 AM

Just hoping for Joey in game 3 or 4

Beaverfuzz
05-20-2014, 12:26 PM
The real primadonna on that crew is zarba

FromWayDowntown
05-21-2014, 06:09 AM
Game 2:

Mauer
Garretson
Malloy

This likely means that the Game 3/4 officials will be 2 of the following 3 groups:

Foster/Kennedy
McCutchen/(and likely) Brothers
J. Crawford/Callahan

SpursFanInAustin
05-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Just hoping for Joey in game 3 or 4

Remember the last time Joey reffed a Spurs game at OKC in the playoffs? The Game 6 screwjob

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2014, 08:05 AM
He's back

UZER
05-31-2014, 08:49 AM

Like other people worrying about the refs