PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Did Brooks really think he could get away with playing no bigmen?

DAF86
05-19-2014, 10:27 PM
:lmao

lefty
05-19-2014, 10:30 PM
"great coach"

jeebus
05-19-2014, 10:31 PM
He makes Kidd look like Pop

spurraider21
05-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Durant can play all 5 positions :cry

Kool Bob Love
05-19-2014, 10:34 PM
:rollin

Clipper Nation
05-19-2014, 10:34 PM
I see Brooks is going to once again be the scapegoat for another Durbeta failure :lol

Strange Love
05-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Its not like he had any other options. Porkman is not going to do shit against Parker or even Manu. He should pin all hopes on the rookie Steven Adams and hope it sticks because otherwise this series is fated to be a short one.

DAF86
05-19-2014, 10:36 PM
I see Brooks is going to once again be the scapegoat for another Durbeta failure :lol

I could give a fuck about Durant but seriously this was just mindfucking. :lol Hopefully he keeps it up.

DAF86
05-19-2014, 10:37 PM
Its not like he had any other options. Porkman is not going to do shit against Parker or even Manu. He should pin all hopes on the rookie Steven Adams and hope it sticks because otherwise this series is fated to be a short one.

Perkins, Adams, Collison. Anything is better than a lay-up practice.

Venti Quattro
05-19-2014, 10:37 PM

:lol Small ball in the Conference Finals

This loss is squarely on Scott Brooks for trying that cute little gimmick and failing.

Malice
05-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Yes, yes he did.

Malice
05-19-2014, 10:39 PM
I think I literally saw TD's cock get hard the moment he saw that lineup take the floor...

capek
Well, he is Scott Brooks. :lol

Kool Bob Love

Fuck up.

IrisHockey
:lol every team will now know to play big against the Spurs. One of Perk, Collison, Adams has to be on the court at all times. If they see the Miami match-up, it's Andersen-Haslem-Oden full time at center, none of that bosh at center shit.

KaiRMD1
05-19-2014, 10:40 PM
:lol every team will now know to play big against the Spurs. One of Perk, Collison, Adams has to be on the court at all times. If they see the Miami match-up, it's Andersen-Haslem-Oden full time at center, none of that bosh at center shit.

But will Brooks know that?

Venti Quattro
05-19-2014, 10:41 PM

San Antonio will kill Greg Oden. Most likely it will be Andersen or Haslem

spurraider21
05-19-2014, 10:41 PM
that plays into the spurs hands... if oden/haslem/andersen see a lot of time, it plays into the spurs hands, as it gives Duncan a really easy matchup on the other end, allowing him to be a rim protector. same with perkins/collison/adams. when you have Ibaka/Bosh at the 5, Duncan has nobody he can really defend well, and it removes his shotblocking presence

ezau
05-19-2014, 10:42 PM

Thunder going big and still getting ass-kicked. Miami's strength is to play small. In fact, all of their rings happened because of playing small. :lol

DAF86
05-19-2014, 10:45 PM

I think everybody in the NBA except Brooks already knew to not play 5 guards at the same time if you want to win games, tbh. :lol

poeticism707
05-19-2014, 10:47 PM
He makes Kidd look like Pop

:rollin:rollin:rollin

spurraider21
05-19-2014, 10:47 PM
I think everybody in the NBA except Brooks already knew to not play 5 guards at the same time if you want to win games, tbh. :lol
:rollin

DAF86
05-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Brooks on the press conference: "We need to play better defense and don't allow so many pts in the paint". :lmao

If this was the coach of my team I would be livid, tbh.

Splits
05-19-2014, 10:54 PM
"He's not coming back. He's not coming back. He's not walking through that door. We have to play better. He's not coming back. He's not coming back"

Shitty. B postgame quote on Abaka

Brazil
05-19-2014, 10:55 PM

Daf doing work tbh

Nathan89
05-19-2014, 11:00 PM

I expect to see plenty of Bosh at center if the Spurs play the Heat.

Franklin
05-19-2014, 11:04 PM
It's not like Brooks doesn't want to play big men, but that he doesn't have no legit big man to work with. He tried using Collison to defend Tim early on but failed miserably.

TDMVPDPOY
05-19-2014, 11:06 PM
the extra 3 guys in black and white stripes were to make up 1 big when stack on top each other, still 3 midgets

UZER
05-19-2014, 11:07 PM

Hey hey...you leave Durant alone. :cry The poor guy was really tired. :cry

Robz4000
05-19-2014, 11:19 PM
"He's not coming back. He's not coming back. He's not walking through that door. We have to play better. He's not coming back. He's not coming back"

Shitty. B postgame quote on Abaka

Abaka confirmed for returning imo.

Jacob1983
05-19-2014, 11:21 PM
Abaka who?

The Batman
05-19-2014, 11:23 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1190820/brooks.gif

DPG21920
05-19-2014, 11:32 PM
I hope Brooks plays big. Spurs match up so much better when they play two bigs (of the one's they have available). Boris murders that small line up tbh..

spurraider21
05-19-2014, 11:35 PM
I hope Brooks plays big. Spurs match up so much better when they play two bigs (of the one's they have available). Boris murders that small line up tbh..
realistically speaking, the loss of ibaka means we should be able to fare well against any lineup they throw. going small without ibaka gets them punished. going big for them in general isn't a good thing, but its even worse when your only bigs available are scrubs

DPG21920
05-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Yup - it's just a symptom of the Ibaka injury. There is no way they manufacture enough points if they play big using 2 of Collison/Perkins/Adams. Then it allows the Spurs to play two bigs, especially Tiago, which over the long haul is great defensively and still allows the Spurs to get great looks.

DAF86
05-19-2014, 11:41 PM

I agree, a traditional small-ball line-up is their best chance, imho. But not this retarded 5 guards shit, tbh.

Chinook
05-19-2014, 11:43 PM
People still don't get it. The Thunder do NOT match up well with the Spurs. They never have. No lineup they put out there is going to be able to stop the Spurs for more than short stretches. OKC has to hope they have a random ejaculation of talent from Durant/Westbrook/Jackson, because they lose any possible Xs and O's battle. (This was true before Ibaka got hurt, but it's undeniable now.) Playing small has the horrible added effect of wearing down Durant, which they absolutely cannot afford to do. They have to play two bigs with Jackson/Westbrook/Durant and hope they can just get lucky and outscore the Spurs.

spurraider21
05-19-2014, 11:44 PM
I agree, a traditional small-ball line-up is their best chance, imho. But not this retarded 5 guards shit, tbh.
true. their only big that can resemble a shotblocker is Adams, but he can't space the floor like Ibaka does on the other end. they're going to need Durant, Westbrook, and Jackson all going off to get wins

DPG21920
05-19-2014, 11:46 PM
I think that is wrong, Chinook. With Ibaka, OKC is able to do plenty of things on both ends to make life incredibly tough on SA. But I digress, it doesn't matter since Ibaka is not playing (as of yet). I think they have to stay small and use WB/Reggie/Caron/KD/Collison or Adams. I think that is their only chance to outscore SA.

Their big lineup is nowhere near good enough defensively IMO to outscore SA. If Brooks isn't going to use Thabo on TP, what's the point of playing him?

Chinook
05-20-2014, 12:02 AM
I think that is wrong, Chinook. With Ibaka, OKC is able to do plenty of things on both ends to make life incredibly tough on SA. But I digress, it doesn't matter since Ibaka is not playing (as of yet). I think they have to stay small and use WB/Reggie/Caron/KD/Collison or Adams. I think that is their only chance to outscore SA.

Their big lineup is nowhere near good enough defensively IMO to outscore SA. If Brooks isn't going to use Thabo on TP, what's the point of playing him?

The Thunder are more talented than the Spurs are, especially at the top. That's why they can beat the Spurs. It's not a rock-paper-scissors thing like with SA/LAC/Houston where match-ups make the difference. OKC is a threat to the Spurs in the same vein that Miami is, but not at all like the Rockets are.

I agree about Sef. He's pretty much their only hope to stop Parker. If he is on Green (and doing a terrible job at checking Danny, I may add), then the Spurs are in great shape.

If Butler can't guard Diaw, then the Thunder cannot go small. Durant has a pretty good chance at checking Boris, but simply put, KD has to put all his energy into offense. All three of the Thunder's best scorers do. No one else really matters, especially for the main roles (which is what we're talking about here). Perkins/Collison isn't an elite defensive combo, but if it forces Pop to play more Parker/Green/Leonard/Splitter/Duncan, that's about the best OKC can hope for. I know the Spurs have the on-paper advantage with that match-up, but the Thunder have to hope for a miracle as it is.

Aztecfan03
05-20-2014, 12:56 AM

So if rogues is in the thread, you are all up on his nuts, but if not, you dis his team?

Clipper Nation
05-20-2014, 01:11 AM
So if rogues is in the thread, you are all up on his nuts, but if not, you dis his team?
I don't ride anyone's nuts.... it's no secret that I greatly dislike MethKC, always have :lol

Aztecfan03
05-20-2014, 01:14 AM
it's no secret that I greatly dislike MethKC, always have :lol

Which is why it doesn't make sense that you are on "Big dog's" nuts. But you are.

Clipper Nation
05-20-2014, 01:16 AM
Which is why it doesn't make sense that you are on "Big dog's" nuts. But you are.

Go back and read the first part of that post, you must have missed it :lol

Franklin
05-20-2014, 01:47 AM
Agree, if OKC go small ball we have to follow to keep in pace with them but when they play scrub bigs on the floor, life would be even easier for us because he can play to our biggest strength through the paint.

dbestpro
05-20-2014, 03:30 PM
If Pop coached OKC he would not blow up all of his rotations. He would have put the next PF in line into the game. Perry Jones would have been bumped into service. While, he no Ibaka, he is athletic, 7-0 foot, and does allow for OKC to minimize the disruption to how they play as a team.

hater
05-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Perkins, Adams, Collison. Anything is better than a lay-up practice.

Agree

Brooks made of game 1 a preseason game. Hopefully his coaching staff will knock some sense into his empty head :lol

Because imo this play is conductive to lazy basketball, ref dependency and injuries. The winner of this series will get anihilated by the Heat in the finals if this continues.

ambchang
05-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Even with Ibaka in the lineup, the feel the Spurs can still matchup with them now that Tiago is a trusted player in the system. If Tiago can check Dirk and Aldridge, he can check Ibaka.

On defense, Duncan can at least pull Ibaka out to the elbows with his range, using a series of pick and rolls to free up perimeter players like Parker and Manu.

Not saying this is a wrap, but even with Ibaka, I feel the Spurs will win in 7. With him out, I am saying Spurs in 5.

spurraider21
05-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Even with Ibaka in the lineup, the feel the Spurs can still matchup with them now that Tiago is a trusted player in the system. If Tiago can check Dirk and Aldridge, he can check Ibaka.

On defense, Duncan can at least pull Ibaka out to the elbows with his range, using a series of pick and rolls to free up perimeter players like Parker and Manu.

Not saying this is a wrap, but even with Ibaka, I feel the Spurs will win in 7. With him out, I am saying Spurs in 5.
ibaka would probably be a liability if he plays. we've seen what calf injuries do to a player's lower body explosiveness. he'd be very foul prone and he wouldn't be a threat as far as finishing the pick and roll or offensive rebounds