PDA

View Full Version : Game Grades.... Here they are...

bluebellmaniac
05-19-2014, 11:59 PM
You want game grades?

Here they are:
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/el-conclusion-spurs-thunder-game-1-western-conference-finals

Tim Duncan, PF 29 MIN | 11-19 FG | 5-6 FT | 7 REB | 3 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 1 TO | 27 PTS | +8
He cannot be stopped without Ibaka in the line up. Perkins has to act as the primary pick and roll defender, meaning Duncan’s going....

Best we can do for now...

Malik Hairston
05-20-2014, 12:00 AM
Pretty terrible grades, tbh:lol..

bluebellmaniac
05-20-2014, 12:12 AM
Pretty terrible grades, tbh:lol..

We're orphans, what do you expect?

Chinook
05-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Thanks for posting, bell.

I have lost a lot of respect for 48MoH over the years (and Project Spurs and Spurs Report and PtR after one of their writers suggested Jeff Ayres could be the backup SF). I don't like their grading system much at all. Leonard and Duncan had good games but didn't deserve A-pluses. Kawhi perhaps had a very good game. But he used 18 possessions to get 16 points. I think he started off the game trying to score too much. He needs to pick his spots better, and his teammates need to help him do that by giving Kawhi the ball in good situations. He was about as good as you could hope for on Durant, but the grades were misleading. Durant actually shot really well against Kawhi. I'll talk more about that in tomorrow's thread.

Duncan was great offensively in the first half, but other than that, it was a huge struggle for him. I give him no props for individual defense, since he never had to guard anyone of note. His team defense was god-awful. In this series, it's going to be hard to Leonard, Green and Splitter for fully cover Duncan's lack of mobility. That's easily the biggest concern for the Spurs on defense going forward.

05-20-2014, 12:20 AM
Thanks for posting, bell.

I have lost a lot of respect for 48MoH over the years (and Project Spurs and Spurs Report and PtR after one of their writers suggested Jeff Ayres could be the backup SF). I don't like their grading system much at all. Leonard and Duncan had good games but didn't deserve A-pluses. Kawhi perhaps had a very good game. But he used 18 possessions to get 16 points. I think he started off the game trying to score too much. He needs to pick his spots better, and his teammates need to help him do that by giving Kawhi the ball in good situations. He was about as good as you could hope for on Durant, but the grades were misleading. Durant actually shot really well against Kawhi. I'll talk more about that in tomorrow's thread.

Duncan was great offensively in the first half, but other than that, it was a huge struggle for him. I give him no props for individual defense, since he never had to guard anyone of note. His team defense was god-awful. In this series, it's going to be hard to Leonard, Green and Splitter for fully cover Duncan's lack of mobility. That's easily the biggest concern for the Spurs on defense going forward.
Good thing there are no lethal bugs left in the playoffs for Timmy to defend, except West, but the Pacers aren't beating the Heat sooo :rolleyes

Chinook
05-20-2014, 12:22 AM
Good thing there are no lethal bugs left in the playoffs for Timmy to defend

Yeah, I'd hate to hear Duncan got bitten by a brown recluse or something.

DPG21920
05-20-2014, 12:24 AM
Little too tough on Timmy IMO. When he scores like he did tonight (regardless of match up) it's a big bonus. His defense wasn't needed as much and he did ok for the most part. He missed some decent looks in the 2nd half, but I'd say he deserved a B+ which to me is nitpicking some.

DPG21920
05-20-2014, 12:24 AM
I've never liked 48MoH's game grades though..

Liked their overall stuff though.

Tim's help defense was really poor for the last series as well for the most part IMO. His legs have seemingly come and gone and it's no coincidence his defensive slippage has coincided with that.

Chinook
05-20-2014, 12:29 AM
Little too tough on Timmy IMO. When he scores like he did tonight (regardless of match up) it's a big bonus. His defense wasn't needed as much and he did ok for the most part. He missed some decent looks in the 2nd half, but I'd say he deserved a B+ which to me is nitpicking some.

I didn't say he deserved a horrible grade or anything. But they acted like he was really a force on the other end. It's always nice to see Tim go for 25+. That's something I never take for granted. But he was killing the Spurs in the third with his lack of mobility. Once Pop subbed out one of Tim's security blankets, it almost fell apart completely. It's going to be very important to see how much the Thunder exploit Duncan's PnR defense in later games. Tim's minutes may have to be cut pretty dramatically if OKC goes small for long stretches.

spurraider21
05-20-2014, 12:34 AM
they kept trying to post Duncan on Perkins, and from 12+ feet out. they're better off making perkins move and get duncan going in the pick and roll against him. let tim post up Collison, face up on Adams

wildchild
05-20-2014, 12:44 AM
Kawhi perhaps had a very good game. But he used 18 possessions to get 16 points. I think he started off the game trying to score too much.

Maybe that was Pop's directive, Leonard extra aggressive attacking Durant.

Chinook
05-20-2014, 01:06 AM
Maybe that was Pop's directive, Leonard extra aggressive attacking Durant.

I didn't say it was Leonard being selfish or anything. But the offense wasn't flowing into his touches. He needs to exploit mismatches (and Pop needs to instruct the team to give Kawhi the ball in those situations), but he's not there yet offensively to just go against Durant anytime he wants. Some of the shots he was taking weren't good looks at all.

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-20-2014, 01:07 AM
Anyone else notice that Belli seems to be running plays in the wrong position a lot? Like he'll be running the same motions that Tony, Green, Kawhi, etc., are running and then realize he's in the wrong spot. Seems he does that more than any other Spur player. It's happened a lot this season.

The Reckoning
05-20-2014, 01:12 AM
lol someone using the link to ask for their account to be approved.

NEVUH