PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green, +30 tonight.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
05-20-2014, 01:37 AM
Is he the most unsung hero on this team? After tonight's game, I'm hearing about Leonard (who is a beast like always), Duncan, some Parker, and Ginobili's second half. However, I can't believe I've heard no mention of Green, not just his shooting though which was lights out, but his DEFENSE! Westrbook's runs came with Green on the bench. Green may have been the MVP of tonight's game, and it seems like when defense is going right for him, offense goes right for him too. Let's hope he continues to give Westbrook hell because if he does, Spurs win easily, cause we know Kawhi won't let Durant have anything easy. Also, I loved how Leonard and Green switch on D so much to continually give Westbrook and Durant new looks to keep them guessing. Fantastic performance from those two, especially Green.

SanDiegoSpursFan
05-20-2014, 01:41 AM
Him being able to kinda guard Durant is pretty big too imo. Let's Kawhi be a safety on defense and it stops easy shots off of screens for Durant when Fisher or Thabo, etc., screen for him.

Mojazz
05-20-2014, 02:33 AM
He still needs to learn to dribble the ball...

...on the 2nd thought... fck it! just shoot it!

spurraider21
05-20-2014, 03:20 AM
On nights when Green's shot is falling, its really hard to explain just how impactful he is

heyheymymy
05-20-2014, 03:32 AM
On nights when Green's shot is falling, its really hard to explain just how impactful he is

even when its not falling, ive noticied hes a keeper. always in the right place at the right time, deflecting passes and shots, hustle plays.

but youre right, it sure is nice when his shot is falling.

spurraider21
05-20-2014, 03:36 AM
even when its not falling, ive noticied hes a keeper. always in the right place at the right time, deflecting passes and shots, hustle plays.

but youre right, it sure is nice when his shot is falling.
yeah even when his shot is off (like 1-5, 0-4) he usually finds ways to contribute with good defensive possessions, frustrating the opposing scorers. when his shot is decent (say 2-5. 3-7), he's very much so a net positive. when he is on fire, its an unbelievable impact. one game +/- numbers can be misleading for sure, but i think he was +30 today, which is nutty

Chinook
05-20-2014, 03:41 AM
yeah even when his shot is off (like 1-5, 0-4) he usually finds ways to contribute with good defensive possessions, frustrating the opposing scorers. when his shot is decent (say 2-5. 3-7), he's very much so a net positive. when he is on fire, its an unbelievable impact. one game +/- numbers can be misleading for sure, but i think he was +30 today, which is nutty

He was plus 30. That's why the thread is titled such. :lol

Plus-minus can be misinterpreted, but it's hard to think that in this case when the next-highest one was plus 12.

spurraider21
05-20-2014, 03:46 AM
He was plus 30. That's why the thread is titled such. :lol

Plus-minus can be misinterpreted, but it's hard to think that in this case when the next-highest one was plus 12.
yeah i brainfarted :lol. i didnt even notice the thread title, i was just responding to somebody that quoted me heh.

FkLA
05-20-2014, 03:47 AM
A caller on Spurs React also claimed Thunder players were 2/18 when being guarded by Green.

long-dick nigga tbh

ElNono
05-20-2014, 03:53 AM
Talking about +/- (and I don't want to rain on Danny's parade), I was just reading that the Spurs are +8.1 when Kawhi is on the floor this playoffs, and that's tops in the league.

05-20-2014, 04:02 AM
Talking about +/- (and I don't want to rain on Danny's parade), I was just reading that the Spurs are +8.1 when Kawhi is on the floor this playoffs, and that's tops in the league.Danny and Kawhi the best combo in the league?

Chinook
05-20-2014, 04:23 AM
That plus-minus disparity is due to how poorly Green started the Dallas series, dragging his overall plus-minus to a 5.6. Over the last nine games (since Game Five against Dallas where Green seemed to find his shot), Danny's average plus-minus is about 11.4 while Leonard's is about 9.9. Obviously, last night was a big outlier in Danny's favor, and without it, Green has a 9.1 and Kawhi has a 9.6.

That's all a fancy way of saying Danny and Kawhi have both been really impactful since the middle of the Dallas series.

Diego20
05-20-2014, 06:30 AM
He still needs to learn to dribble the ball...

SpurAddict561
05-20-2014, 06:33 AM
The best defensive duo in the league, no bias no debate.

mienhmario
05-20-2014, 07:15 AM
I like it how he just let it fly sometimes. Bringing up the ball and shooting transition 3's, perfect. His role was too predictable last season, but with unpredictability, would bold well for us.

Raven
05-20-2014, 07:42 AM
my nigga :cry

look_at_g_shred
05-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Remember when some of you wanted Beli to start of Green :lol That's mah nigga Green !! Always had faith in him.

unleashbaynes
05-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Danny.

Motha.

Fuckin.

Green......

DrSteffo
05-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Unsung hero maybe but happy I would suppose playing in the NBA and doing great. He has his limitations but in this game he was great and had so much energy.

Captivus
05-20-2014, 09:30 AM
I like that he is improving also.
Getting rebounds, a few blocks, adding a mid range jumpshot...that added to his defense and 3 point shooting makes him a valuable asset.
And I think he has yet to show us his best game during these POs.

manufan10
05-20-2014, 10:00 AM
Danny Green proved to be a shutdown defender for the San Antonio Spurs.

The Thunder missed 14 of 16 shots from the field and committed three turnovers in situations in which Green was the primary defender. Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant were a combined 2-for-9 when guarded by Green.

Green had held opponents to 42 percent shooting from the field in the first two rounds.

The Spurs outscored the Thunder by 30 points in Green’s 27 minutes on the floor.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/90033/keys-to-victory-spurs-122-thunder-105

Mojazz
05-22-2014, 12:32 AM
Danny knows when to turn the lights on... When the lights are bigger and brighter... He and Kawhi will make a run for another Finals MVP race... :flag: