PDA

View Full Version : Manu and last second shots

KL2
05-20-2014, 09:54 AM
Anyone have the stats? I'm talking about end of the quarter buzzer beaters, he's always getting the ball however I can only think if a handful of times he's actually made it, I wouldn't be surprised if he's shooting around 30%.

spursparker9
05-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Yea. He would normally fire up a 3 and miss.

manufan10
05-20-2014, 10:20 AM
The last few times he's rushed the shot or forced it. He's not really attacking and just settling for a rushed long 2 or a 3 pointer.

testies
05-20-2014, 10:35 AM
why are buzzer beater plays always some stupid ISO? Why do we stop moving the ball only in this specific play? Never works

of course you are trying to limit turnovers but its not like just becase you are going to make a pass you have high turnover chances.. its basketball ffs

Seventyniner
05-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Manu always tries for the 2-for-1 at the end of quarters. It's generally the right thing to do. You'll score more points off of two bad shots than one good one.

It seems to me that Manu's first shot on a 2-for-1 (taken with 28-30 seconds left on the clock) is usually a good one while the second (at the buzzer) is usually a bad one.

superbigtime
05-20-2014, 11:46 AM
I'd rather see TP with the ball.

cd98
05-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Last second shots are generally well-guarded as the offense is holding the ball until the final seconds, so the defense is set. The norm is not to take a shot until a second or two is left on the game clock and generally Manu works off a pick and roll, or he does a quick step back three. Either way, it's going to be lower percentage because the defense is set and the ball isn't moving around...it stays with one player who is creating his own shot, usually a contested one. I'm not really worried if Manu misses a few here and there.