PDA

View Full Version : Best back to back at bats I have seen all year

Jimcs50
08-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Doug Brocail was pitching for Texas in bottom of 7th inning last night. He has been doing a nice job in relief lately.
E Renteria doubled and Ortiz grounded out advancing Edgar to 3rd.

Manny Ramirez fouled off 6 pitches and walked on the 11th pitch. The next batter, Varitek walked after 11 pitches as well, also fouling off 6 pitches.

On Varitek's 4th ball, it was a wild pitch and Renteria scored.

Brocail was surely tired after having to throw 22 pitches and that induced the wild pitch.

It was beautiful to watch these two hitters fight for what seemed like 10 mins apiece to get the walks, they so deserved.

I love this game.

Sense
08-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Doug Brocail was pitching for Texas in bottom of 7th inning last night. He has been doing a nice job in relief lately.
E Renteria doubled and Ortiz grounded out advancing Edgar to 3rd.

Manny Ramirez fouled off 6 pitches and walked on the 11th pitch. The next batter, Varitek walked after 11 pitches as well, also fouling off 6 pitches.

On Varitek's 4th ball, it was a wild pitch and Renteria scored.

Brocail was surely tired after having to throw 22 pitches and that induced the wild pitch.

It was beautiful to watch these two hitters fight for what seemed like 10 mins apiece to get the walks, they so deserved.

I love this game.

We get it... you're a Red Sox fan.... :pctoss

mcornelio
08-11-2005, 01:52 PM
are you really!! i thought i was a sole representative here for red sox nation... where do you live???

Sense
08-11-2005, 01:54 PM
are you really!! i thought i was a sole representative here for red sox nation... where do you live???

That's like saying you're the only spur fan here..

there's millions of red sox fans.. most of them are bandwagon fans like the yankees..

But don't be surprised if you find alot of them here.

mcornelio
08-11-2005, 02:05 PM
im from rhode island... but i thought all you guys from texas would be rangers fans or astros....

Sense
08-11-2005, 02:13 PM
im from rhode island... but i thought all you guys from texas would be rangers fans or astros....

The underdog theme on the Red Sox makes them get alot of bandwagon fans...

Just because we are in texas doesn't mean we are going to cheer for the team here.....

You made the point, you live in Rhode Island and your a spurs fan... :hat

mcornelio
08-11-2005, 02:21 PM
but im only a spurs fan because i was a drob fan... thats a special occurence. ..but anyway!! we should all make a red soxs nation thread...see who the supporters are... and besides ... i like the astros and theyr in texas too

Sense
08-11-2005, 02:24 PM
but im only a spurs fan because i was a drob fan... thats a special occurence. ..but anyway!! we should all make a red soxs nation thread...see who the supporters are... and besides ... i like the astros and theyr in texas too

I hate teams with excessive bandwagoners...

That includes, Yankees, Redsox, Lakers, Pistons, Heat, Eagles, Patriots.

Jimcs50
08-11-2005, 02:38 PM
I hate teams with excessive bandwagoners...

That includes, Yankees, Redsox, Lakers, Pistons, Heat, Eagles, Patriots.

My grandfather played for the Red Sox minor league team in the 20's, I have been a Sox fan since I was 7 yrs old as my dad brainwashed me since I was in the womb...so do not put me into the "bandwagon" category or I will have to hurt you.

mcornelio
08-11-2005, 02:49 PM
i dont think u can classify me as a bandwagon fan since as far back as i could remember ive hated the yankees. and my first time at fenway was when i was 10... but if bandwagon i must be than i shall gladly accept my role

Sense
08-13-2005, 06:36 PM
My grandfather played for the Red Sox minor league team in the 20's, I have been a Sox fan since I was 7 yrs old as my dad brainwashed me since I was in the womb...so do not put me into the "bandwagon" category or I will have to hurt you.

Oh please.....

It's a fact, you brought it up I never accused you of shit.

3rdCoast
08-13-2005, 07:20 PM
I like the Red Sox but have been backing Florida since day 1.

Go Marlins!!!

Horry For 3!
08-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Red Soxs are alright. I can't stand the Yankees.

Go Astros!