PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having a problem with certain threads crashing your browser?

wildbill2u
05-20-2014, 11:38 AM
When I go on certain threads (today, the one on grades is an example) something in one of the posts is crashing my browser. I get a runtime message that the thread is asking the browser to do something is an unusual way. (thats a paraphrase of the message because immediately after that the Spurs Talk site crashes along with any other sites I'm running on my browser) Unfortunately it happens so fast I can't pin it down to a specific poster/post.

baseline bum
05-20-2014, 11:47 AM
When I go on certain threads (today, the one on grades is an example) something in one of the posts is crashing my browser. I get a runtime message that the thread is asking the browser to do something is an unusual way. (thats a paraphrase of the message because immediately after that the Spurs Talk site crashes along with any other sites I'm running on my browser) Unfortunately it happens so fast I can't pin it down to a specific poster/post.

It's probably the 12MB animated GIF of Kawhi's spin around up and under layup against Durant in that grades thread. If you're using Firefox and have had it open for a while after visiting lots of other sites it can have an enormous memory footprint. Back when I used Firefox I could have it eating 2+GB of memory with one tab open. Switched to Chrome and never have browser crashes anymore.

wildbill2u
05-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Yeah, but thats just in that thread. I have the problem all the time and think it must be from a GIF in one poster's sig. Or all the irrelevant photos that get jammed in. I mean, I like naked girls as much as anyone, but I don't come to ST to see them online.

The problem I have with Chrome is that it won't open links from within a story or website into a new window. I day trade so I have to have several windows open. But I have a lot of memory so I don't know what is the problem.