PDA

View Full Version : The Come clean topic for those who had doubts about the SPURS during the Mavericks..

mouse
05-20-2014, 12:05 PM
You know who you are! please use this topic to confirm what we all here already know since we can read do it , so we can all move forward

The Come clean topic for those who had doubts about the SPURS during the Mavericks series...

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-20-2014, 12:08 PM
I had none, but I knew it would be a dog fight. My take was that the Spurs would have to wear out the Mavs to beat them. I didn't say it, but I personally thought it would be six games, but the Mavs really impressed me in taking it 7. They had nothing left in the tank for that game 7 though.

Props to them and coach Rick for a well devise scheme that challenged the Spurs for 6 of those games. It really prepared the Spurs for the rest of the post season. I don't think any team could have played the Spurs better this post season.

TVI
05-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Had no doubts at all. Knew it would be a challenge, but always believed the Spurs were the better team

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
05-20-2014, 12:24 PM
I predicted a sweep Tbh.
the Spurs were borderline coasting..
Mavs played their little hearts out and still lost :lol

Bartleby
05-20-2014, 12:28 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232126&page=13&p=7280396#post7280396

Prime Time
05-20-2014, 12:33 PM
I was going to start an "Official Crow Eating Thread" if Spurs made the finals, but I suppose this will do.

I thought Spurs would lose to Dallas in 6. :lol

Aztecfan03
05-20-2014, 12:35 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232126&page=13&p=7280396#post7280396

hahah jkid saying Leonard disappears in the playoffs a couple posts above yours/

spurspokesman
05-20-2014, 12:43 PM
I think most fans here are worrying about OKC.

Fpoonsie
05-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Ironic OP would make a topic about "coming clean" given the fact that he's a dumpster diver that prolly never showers.

TheRemix
05-20-2014, 02:59 PM
I was a little scared but I knew they wouldn't go out like that.

peacemaker885
05-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Rick Carlisle is one damn fine coach.

mvparker
05-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Kinda gay but still... the point was made: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231952 :toast

xtremesteven33
05-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Ill be a man and admit I declared the Spurs done. They played terrible most of that series and looked down right dazed and confused. Spurs have been defeated before in the first round so It wasnt something totally unconceivable.

Glad to say I was wrong.

ElNono
05-20-2014, 03:07 PM
I called it weeks ago. We are gonna' repeat history and get bounced by the #8 seed.

:lmao

Prose
05-20-2014, 03:10 PM
You know who you are! please use this topic to confirm what we all here already know since we can read do it , so we can all move forward

The Come clean topic for those who had doubts about the SPURS during the Mavericks series...

Tbh I had doubts bc tony looked gassed....then I worried if a 7 game series would wear them out. But luckily the basketball god smiled on us.

Skull-1
05-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Almost did. Thank gawd they woke up.
:lmao

ElNono
05-20-2014, 03:15 PM
lol almost

Prose
05-20-2014, 03:21 PM
I went to game 2 and sat by some mavs fans. I told them...spurs are coasting, they aren't threatened enough to turn on the switch. I was a lil embarrassed in that game but was right about it in the long term view of the series.

KaiRMD1
05-20-2014, 03:22 PM
I had no doubts during that series but that Vince Carter shot ALMOST had me going but I never succumbed to it and knew the Spurs would pull through.

tim_duncan_fan
05-20-2014, 03:33 PM
I thought the guys had punked out and were ready to be done with basketball. I was apparently wrong.

I don't necessarily believe we are a lock to beat this Thunder team, even if they are without Ibaka.

mouse
05-22-2014, 10:20 PM
I had none, but I knew it would be a dog fight. My take was that the Spurs would have to wear out the Mavs to beat them. I didn't say it, but I personally thought it would be six games, but the Mavs really impressed me in taking it 7. They had nothing left in the tank for that game 7 though.

Props to them and coach Rick for a well devise scheme that challenged the Spurs for 6 of those games. It really prepared the Spurs for the rest of the post season. I don't think any team could have played the Spurs better this post season.

I may research your past replies but if it's true major props esse!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/timduncan.gif

Darius McCrary
05-22-2014, 10:37 PM
I'll admit i was a bit shaken. The spurs were playing lackadaisical and like shit. I knew they were capable of better but was getting worried when they'd turn up the heat.

mouse
05-22-2014, 10:41 PM
I went to game 2 and sat by some mavs fans. I told them...spurs are coasting, they aren't threatened enough to turn on the switch. I was a lil embarrassed in that game but was right about it in the long term view of the series.

But did you ever make a [b]"Fire Coach Pop Now!! topic?

They are the gutless wannabee I am calling out, not just any upset!

.Hell you need to be upset...who wasn't? but to talk online about trades and management changes when your team hasn't yet been eliminated tells me your not a fan your a "Band Wagon" fan. I wonder How many of you in here would have lasted as a Clippers fan?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/kingsfan/spurs-ball.jpg

mouse
05-22-2014, 10:47 PM
I'll admit i was a bit shaken. The spurs were playing lackadaisical and like shit. I knew they were capable of better but was getting worried when they'd turn up the heat.

Like I said above this isn't a witch hunt for posters who bitched, this is a topic for the Scientology idiots that made topics like This team sucks dicks" or "Pop must Die"

To me that tells me your not worthy to call yourself a fan. You made no such topic your golden.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/kingsfan/spurs-burn.gif

G-Dawgg
05-22-2014, 10:57 PM
I will admit that I had big doubts vs Dallas. The way that our roleplayers were shooting early in the series was a legitimate concern. Diaw and Green finally staryed to hit shots. It really goes to show that the Spurs really truly do win and lose as a team and don't rely on a superstar to win. As long as everybody is contributing their part they can win.

spurraider21
05-22-2014, 11:15 PM
basically everybody who picked memphis to win last year

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-23-2014, 07:56 AM
I may research your past replies but if it's true major props esse!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/timduncan.gif

Please do, you will see my takes. I did't want Memphis b/c it would have been a dogfight, but with much more bumps and bruises. Dallas really brought the intensity that I thought they would, but they still where no near as physical as Memphis was being against OKC. Again props to the Mavs and coach Rick, the Spurs were not themselves for the first 3 games, but they pushed the Spurs to the brink and coach Carlisle gave Pop the blueprint to counter pretty much ANY defensive scheme to shut down the Spurs.

Carlisle must have been working on his game plan for months and didn't implement it until the playoffs b/c it was near perfect against the Spurs.

Budkin
05-23-2014, 09:40 AM

Me! Once we went down 2-1 I started losing faith. Winning Game 4 brought it back.

Texas_Ranger
05-23-2014, 09:47 AM
well the Spurs played nothing like now, so yea i doubted.